• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite JC shine

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Do you pay attention to anything I say? I said that I remember now that they don't overlap and that I was wrong on that one fact. Falcos is still easier due to the fact that you have more frames to preform it though.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm sure he ment for you to just get out of the topic and accept that you are wrong...No need to flame people.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Dreamcloud...you are partly right and mostly wrong.

Yeah the timings are different. But falcos is easier. Want to know why?

Because You have more frames to preform falcos. So it is easier to find the timing. If you could SWD withing 10 frames of landing everyone would be able to get the timing relativly easily..but its only 1 frames so almost no one can.

It is easier to find the timing for falcos then fox's making falco's easier.
In my opinion Fox's is significantly easier. Yes, Falco's is SLOWER, but it's also more AWKWARD. With Fox, you just jump while holding down and almost immediately press B. With Falco there's this awkward, arbitrary pause that is hard to find. With Fox, very few people will do it TOO FAST to work (though I do it too fast pretty often), so all they have to concentrate on is being as fast as they can. With Falco it's very easy to go both too fast and too slow.

It may be easier to double shine with Falco, but it is much harder to triple or quadruple.

Then again, I claw, so speed is not really a factor to me.

I know this thread is slightly old but I didn't want to make a new one as everyone would just yell at me "use the search function lollz" so I'll ask here--

Assuming I can double/triple shine with Fox and Falco close to 100% of the time, and probably more shines in the future, what are the applications of this? Is there any need to ever pull out seven JC shines, for instance, other than showing off?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Fox's is harder, than Falcos. I do it all the time. You have to be on crack to do it more times than possible with Falco, believe me, Foxs is harder.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Fox's is harder, than Falcos. I do it all the time. You have to be on crack to do it more times than possible with Falco, believe me, Foxs is harder.
I expect this is true once you've perfected the timing with Falco, but with Fox the rhythm is much simpler, so IF one is fast enough, it would theoretically be simpler to master.

And like I said, I claw, so being fast isn't really an issue for me. I know I'm in the minority here thinking Fox's is easier, but it is to me--and no, I'm not on crack =p

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ugh. I claw as well and Falcos is easier. You have a bigger time span to do it. Granted its not much but you still have more time to preform it then Fox's.

Let me try to give an example.

You are good at shooting a low target and not so good at shooting a high target with a bow. There are two targets, one high and one low. The one that is low is smaller then the target that is high and even though you may be able to hit the low one more it is still in general easier to hit the high target. If you were to fire an arrow randomly in the direction of the targets then it would have a better % chance of hitting the higher target.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Right, like Hylian said, more time span, meaning a easier time finding the timing. Also, you don't have to go as fast. I got both the timings, but I can never do more than 4 for Fox, yet for Falco, I can do at least 5 everytime. Not that I do it, but whatever. >_>

dReAMCloUd - Assault K 40

Smash Apprentice
5 frames to jump-cancel correct? That cannot be right seeing as that's nearly 1/10 of a second which is alot of time.

On Crack? Maybe because you're just too slow, dont put your own failings on others.

Example : ProSmasherTim

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Dreamcloud does this in just about every topic he goes to. I'm not quite sure exactly what crawled up his *** and died, but sure is bugging him enough where he has to go around trying piss everyone off and act better than everyone else.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
HERES WHAT I DO!

i have different ways for my double shine and infinite shine.

to double i use the analog and go up and down.

to infinite...read this good...

the buttons you will us is B and Y
hold the analog down the whole time.
k here we go.

you will slide your thumb from Y to B around the A button. REAL FAST. over and over. most i did when i discovered this was about 17 times in a row.

it works.

Smash Apprentice
I agree yo. Do you feel it's easier to do it with the middle of your thumb or the tip? I think the tip kind of stunts the lateral motion necessary and thus do it with the middle of my thumb.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
HERES WHAT I DO!

i have different ways for my double shine and infinite shine.

to double i use the analog and go up and down.

to infinite...read this good...

the buttons you will us is B and Y
hold the analog down the whole time.
k here we go.

you will slide your thumb from Y to B around the A button. REAL FAST. over and over. most i did when i discovered this was about 17 times in a row.

it works.
Im pretty sure this information was already discoverd and implied throughout the topic

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
dude, i made a thread on the infinite shine a year ago.

i did not say that i discovered the infinite shine. i figured out a controller technique on my own. plus, i did not read every post in this topic. i was referring to the topic by not reading the posts.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Dreamcloud, don't flatter yourself. I just checked a couple of the other topics you posted in and noticed all you seem to do is intentionally piss people off with an unwarranted elitist attitude. I'd hardly call that "stalking."

Smash Apprentice
Eh why are you referring to me when you say, "I hardly call that stalking." Anyway, I don't follow people around boards, just adding spice where there's too much sugar.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
And now you're meddling in non sequiturs. I said that to point out that your response made no sense, and maybe you should try again to get across what it was you were really trying to say.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
I can maybe do 4 or 5 of these with Fox. Waveshining in place is so much easier IMO.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This topic needs to be closed. It's already been discussed to death and now its just Rastlin and Dreamcloud arguing.

Yes this technique is hard.

Fox's is considered harder to preform then Falco's because you have a wider frame span to preform it in falcos.

DaShizWiz is good at this.

Topic ended.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Well I guess you're always right if you feel you're above having to explain yourself.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Is It Easyer For Falco To JC Tan Fox Caus I Can Do Falcos JC But Not Fox.......
Thank you for that amazing insightful comment. I don't know what this board would do without you.

squaminator

Smash Ace
Assuming I can double/triple shine with Fox and Falco close to 100% of the time, and probably more shines in the future, what are the applications of this? Is there any need to ever pull out seven JC shines, for instance, other than showing off?
going back to a topic that needs to be discussed here that hasn't been yet, yes, there is reason to use double and septouple shines besides being showy. if the shield already has damage, falcos will surely break it, and foxes will at least hit a part of the body that is outside of the shield, which won't lead into a shine combo, but will most likely lead into edgeguarding if the opponent is near the edge. in addition, you can do the wall infinite wil double/triple etc shining if you are running out of time in the pokemon stadium transformation or running out of time in the match or if a car is coming in onett. otherwise, i think that waveshining would be easier. however, if you do find doubleshining easier, then go ahead.

squaminator

Smash Ace
fox's shine just deals less damage to sheilds. its nothing personal. you could probably make a pretty accurate shield break tier list, and fox wouldn't be very high while other characters like falco and gannodorf would be top tier. fox gets around the shields with grabs instead. if people sheild a lot against you, don't multishine, grab.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
fox's shine just deals less damage to sheilds. its nothing personal. you could probably make a pretty accurate shield break tier list, and fox wouldn't be very high while other characters like falco and gannodorf would be top tier. fox gets around the shields with grabs instead. if people sheild a lot against you, don't multishine, grab.
But if I were to break their shield, I can shoot lasers for about 8 seconds, grab to deal another 15% or so damage, uthrow to uair. You can kill a lot of characters on FD from 0% this way. At least, if they don't DI.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Yeah so I can do Fox's like 8 - 10 times on average now. My Fox still sucks though...all technique and noone to play. :(

And I can't consistently do more than 2 with Falco. So I maintain that Falco's multishine is significantly harder.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^heh, you likes to plug your vid :)

really though, I was inspired bye the shining...I can now get a bunch in a row, but I have to hold the control with "the claw..." now if only I can get L-canceled dairs off all the time like that I'll actually switch to that style...I play much more cleanly...[/ramble]

just some random advice...Don't jsut press x/y b, x/y b as fast as you can. As one has *slightly* more time jumping from the shine than hitting b after jumping, I find that a rhythm where you "accent" the b and have the jump more as a grace note works better. If that makes sense...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Fox's Multi-shine has strong uses in both infinites against a wall and as a shield breaking technique. In a tournament there is not much scarier than continuously shining against their shield keeping them trapped.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yeah, admittedly, the multi-shine infinite is rendered a little superfluous by the full drill shine infinite, but it can be used more like a surprise "infinite" on someone who misses a tech (i.e. a falco). But yeah, against marth or someone, the drillshine is the preferable infinite. But the multishine can prevent a samus from screwing you.

Top Bottom