• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inception mafia: Town and Indy Joint Win!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This was wrt my lynch.

TOO BAD THAT DIDN'T WORK OUT AS EASILY AS YOU'D HOPED.
*puts noose away*

*walks into house*

*grabs pistol*

*walks to kuzi's house*

*BANG*

Profit

Same product, I got a dead kuzi but I did get quite a bandwagon for a bit on you. =p

And another thing, yes killing you was easy cuz you wanna know where the Doc was at? Protecting me all night long 8)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I got hammered by you when I was trying to save you in a game that HAS NO NAME ;-;
Wooow this game... brings memories. I was talking about SC here. xD

*wrt to J earlier

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Well you wanna know why the doc was protecting you all night long?

Because I was sending him messages in Morse Code to protect obvscum. Looks like he got it right 8)

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Eh.

I sounded 'defeated' mostly cause of the fact that my two only known townies were WIFOMing themselves to death and looked very unsure, especially sworddancer. Ranmaru seemed to be 'going with the flow' of things instead of actually decifering who was scummy or not.

I mean, seriously. "Mafia Watcher?" "Mafia Tracker?" wtf guys?

I just got angry that no one wanted to take the ignititive and actually listened to my plan of the 'process of elimination.'

Like I said many times. "Don't oversimply yourself," especially at fragile moments like MYLO
I'm really, really sorry Rockin. You guys can't even begin to know how bad I felt about this. I seriously feel sick in my stomach when I think about what I did.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Heres the thing: J and Kuz were both being obvtown, and even tho J was scummy to me, I was supposed to be protecting Rockin.

So I chose J cuz he seemed MORE town then Kuz. Then oops, he died ;-;

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm really, really sorry Rockin. You guys can't even begin to know how bad I felt about this. I seriously feel sick in my stomach when I think about what I did.
"Oh good god the head hurt that is now being caused as to what I am supposed to do.

I feel terrible for what I have done to Swords for making this game so confusing =/"

That's from my QT. Honestly Swords I could see the turmoil going through your head and I did feel bad for being the cause of all of it. =[

Please don't completely blame yourself.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's ok Swords. Share the blame with me, and J. He made u do ett ;o

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Heres the thing: J and Kuz were both being obvtown, and even tho J was scummy to me, I was supposed to be protecting Rockin.

*Insert Z-snap gif here*

It's ok Swords. Share the blame with me, and J. He made u do ett ;o
Yea I actually did twist his arm into doing it. =P

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Don't feel bad sword, just remember to look at the fact instead of the inferences next time.

:<

You thought I was scum all game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That was because of your "vocal and ran" thing and I protected vocal so i was like, what?

That was why :3 sowwy kuz <3

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
It's okay. I'm not completely mad. I'm just irritated as to how things developed. Don't take it too personally. Just take it as a lesson for next time. I sure will, at least lol

least you didn't ***** out and chose someone completely different like Macman in MegaMafia LOL

"Oh good god the head hurt that is now being caused as to what I am supposed to do.

I feel terrible for what I have done to Swords for making this game so confusing =/"

That's from my QT. Honestly Swords I could see the turmoil going through your head and I did feel bad for being the cause of all of it. =[

Please don't completely blame yourself.
Man up J. You're a mafia member. You don't HAVE feelings.

that's why people keeps calling you a girl. >8(

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Ran: I protected Vocal Night1

Kuz: I can see why mafia would have killed Vocal N1, he had some posts calling J and Tandora scummy. I am willing to semi-clear Ran and Vocal if there are no protective role CCs.

Ran: Wait...how did you know I protected Vocal N1...?

Kuz: But you just told m--

Ran: SCUM

#HBC | Dancer

J you were just doing your job.

Ran you're still fairly new at this so I can't really blame you too much.

Thanks guys though, it's appreciated.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Favorite line all game has just been said for me, "Then oops, he died." xD

My one NK was a success cuz Kuzi so obvscum when town :awesome:

#HBC | Dancer

I kinda feel like I just shot Derek Jeter and lost the world series for New York (don't worry if you don't get the reference).

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J, you know you killed me because I fake crumbed cop 7 times.

I felt like Gord out there.

jail
My PR radar was going off on you but I wasn't thinking cop, or maybe I was, doubt it. I'm almost done shoutouts but I think I cover why I actually killed you in them.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Alright, so some flavor explanations:

Obviously, this game was inception mafia. What this meant was you guys were in a dream where you took the form of your role. When you died, you got access to a qt (the one Rockin linked) which was limbo. Flavorwise, you'd be stuckthere for a long time and go crazy, hindering your ability to play mafia, which was why the mafia wanted to kill you. The only interactions players had from here were to get Revived by Cobb if he was lynched, though they were somewhat led to believethey had more influence.

But not everyone was sent there. Anyone who hammered themselves or was executed were given the "kick" they needed to escape the dream. They were sent a link to a different qt where they were told it was inception mafia, and they were told they could do any flavor action short of killing anyone, and it might have an ingame effect. There were only two main uses, which was kinda disappointing as this was the idea I built the game around.

X1 strangled people a few times, leading to the silence.

Kirby slapped j on the night vocal tracked him. This roleblocked him, but still let vocal see where he went, hence the weird result.

As for flavor, the game started on day 3 as you can never quite remember how your dream started.

I did leave several clues that it was inception mafia. You caught most of the big ones, like the anagrams, and even rod green. The ones you missed?

Well everyone's role pictures were movie posters rather than action shots, which was a tiny hint.

Certain characters were hints. The main two were Ken watAnabe's character instead of Tom cruise from last samurai (cause Ken is in inception) and Morpheus instead of neo, as Morpheus was a Greek god of sleep or dreams.

Also, the lynches of EE and sold? If you look at the number of votes in order, they are the numbers Fischer gives as the combo for the safe in inception. The ones that kept popping up in the movie. Yes, they did magically add up to 15 and 14, which made me really happy.

Had you guys not been super boss and lynched mafia day 1, each day's start flavor woulda been a drop into the middle of a different movie.

Once you did lynch mafia, the dream world started to fall apart, as the mafia was holding it together. I thought for a while about how to simulate this on the forums, and eventually came up with the text pics I made. Had that been a bit easier to do, and less intrusive, I would have done it all game, but I figured you would have complained, so decided against it. I opted for the text, color, and size changes instead to simulate a world in flux.

Which reminds me, on my home computer I have the original day 3 end flavor I need to show you all so you can see the BB code it took to have all those different fonts and colors and sizes. It's literally 2/3 code, 1/3 actual text.

The day that had really nonsensible flavor I also have the original flavor for, which I'll post. What I did though was separate the post into 1 character per line, stick it into random.org's list randomizer and rearrange it so it had roughly the same format of when it wasn't randomized. I'll post the original when I get home.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I don't usually hammer myself lol. I didn't think of it even though it was inception mafia. I was like WTF IS GOING ON lol. NAME CHANGE? SRS? XD

Pretty creative tho. I just look at Mafia as mafia with a theme, haha nice app to it.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Mannnnnnnnn...

MVP: Ronike

Flavor was unfreakingbelievable. I am really happy I got to participate in something like this. Thanks a bunch dude, well done.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I'd like to apologize for the effort on my part dropping off towards the end. I could just say it was part of the world falling apart, an attempt to make the dream obvious, and on purpose, but that's just not true. I just got a bit bored with it, but mostly I got busy irl. I still owe you guys and apology though. So sorry

I think that's all I wanna say on flavor, but I do want to give a few thank yous here:

Thanks to EE for helping with a few flavor ideas at the beginning and for trying to act like a guy who has gone crazy in limbo, even if it didn't go on quite as long as we planned.

Thanks to sold2 for helping with the setup A LOT. The executioner was his idea, and without it this game wouldn't have been as good. He also helped me iron out the rules and mechanics a bit.

Thanks to Adum and Tom for a few second opinions when I wasnt sure what to do as a mod.

And thanks to xiivi for ironing out the rules a bit too.

Anyone who I'm forgetting, sorry, but thank you too.

Do you guys have any flavor or mechanic questions for me? I'd be happy to answer.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J's Hitlist

1. X1-12 - Heya dude, ya know I already said I was incredibly sorry for using the execution on you and you said it was a stupid idea but it did end up paying off. You were a good scum-buddy and you would have dug your way out of the stuff people had on you I think if I would have kept you alive longer. Your PR would have been so helpful ;_; Ah well I'm sorry I couldn't win it for us in the end.

2. Tandora - Aaaaaaack Girl I loved finally being able to be on a scum-team with you in which we could talk about a game and stuff and it was so much fun while you were alive. Sucks you had to be modkilled even though you were out the door that day cuz then we would have gotten a NK but I don't blame you whatsoever for how you got modkilled cuz I can definetely see myself doing something stupid like that on that type of caliber. Well at least with your play and new phrase came about that does apply to catching scum now a days so I vote you should be the poster-child of Advice Dogging =D. <3 you always Tanny.

3. Sir B/Tom - We debated NK'ing you N1 o_o Thank god we didn't cuz Rockin would have seen me visiting the Dead body. Uhm Tom did not do a single thing once he replaced in and Sir B barely posted anything at all but meh whatcha gonna do? Thanks for being an easy Mislynch for me to hide behind!

4. Swords - Wait I'm getting to you later, yes you died here but you came back you ******* D=<

5. Dark Horse - Omg I wanna thank you so much hahahaha. You made a ML almost too easy with the way you played for self-preservation and actually went through with your gambit of hammering Tom, I was hoping he was a PR because that would have been perfect for me since he was an inactive slot. You revived Swords which became a thorn in my side so blarg but otherwise thanks! ^.^

6. Kuzi - Aaaaah kuzi kuzi kuzi. Now I know you told me that I was super obvious to you AFTER you died but during this game I had you fooled and there are posts to prove this. =3 Nah I'm just being a ******* to you. You played really solidly just like you usually do when your head is screwed on straight. You helped lead many MLs =o For that I thank you. Lol I'm sorry it's just so fun to mess with you. I killed you as the only successful NK because well....I thought you had a PR and was being a gambity S.O.B. like you usually are and I thought you would be hogging my doc protects and town influence soooo you had to go. That's why I killed you.

7. Swords - YOU CAME BACK HERE. I'll get to you later >.>

8. Kirbyoshi - Man I was so sad to see you go at first because your ML was just a bit quick even for my tastes as mafia. Happy it left absolutely no info and glad it did everything that a mafia wants.......

OKAY you know what FFFFF your role. EVERYONE READ WHAT I'M ABOUT TO SAY. KY's role was NOT a cop investigation I got. I lied my *** off here. Instead you know what he was? If he was to self-hammer he would protect ANYONE from a NK that night. I had no chance of NK'ing so I go up to Swords body and put my pistol as Ronike said clear at him then I get flung by Obi Won's ghost, my pistol goes into the Ravine, and I lose my NK. After I read that my floor nearly dropped to the floor because of how much unluckiness that is. I mean that anti-town role had such a good kick-back that hurts like HELL. It tempts mafia to ML them cuz of how easy it is to with an anti-town role. But grrr that was infuriating.....

In the end though it saved me and even gave me more townie points to live for another three Days so I'm good with that and it also made Rockin look terrible with the way he continued to push me on that but that Cop thing was complete BS and I was posting that idea as it came to my head and thankfully it all played out perfectly. =D Yaaaaaay.

Thanks KY!

9. Cello_Marl/Delvro - Cello scares me regardless and he played a good game in finding scum in all the wrong places but he would have figured me out sooner or later maybe I'm sad that our differences couldn't have been settled before he replaced out but it all worked out so that's good. He played solidly.

Delvro, man you caught my scum-buddy and therefore had to perish >=[ Haha kidding aside you filled Cello's shoes extremely well and was able to out my last scum-buddy before she died but then you had like this brainwashed thing where I was 100% town regardless of what I did so I was happy to keep you in~ Around the time you started to doubt me that was when you needed to go. I didn't vote you though! (would've but Rockin quickhammered you ^^") Honestly you looked so town and I can't believe you got lynched. I mean you were the scummy of Nabe/Yourself but meh as long as it wasn't me. (that sounds horrid to say but it's true!) Thanks!

10. Teryble Doom~/Nabe - Tery/Joey, you two played well, though there is something no one ever brought up, I saved you on a lynch because I cleared you guys as obvtown to me Day 1 but then once Nabe started catching heat I hopped back onto him and no one ever called it. You guys almost made it for an easy ML D1 but then again your slot still got lynched D8. You two made a complicated team but you need to be more complient to town's demands and decided to get salty over a couple of things. Ah well you two have both learned from this and still did well nonetheless thank you for being so cool about replacing out since you saw the dilemna with Tandora ">_>

Nabe, Honestly well played dude. I liked your play though nowadays I do like your play alot. I think it was just that one game of FF6 mafia which extremely put me off because it was our first game together and I just didn't agree with what you did. You had almost convinced town iirc to lynch me because you had such a compelling case. I was scared when you figured it out about the flavour concept cuz you got it down pact. The one thing though that helped me survive over you was your hesitancy to be lynched D8 when D7 you continuously said, "Lynch Delvro then Me regardless of what happens next." When you went back on that you kindof lost town points and it was easy to manipulate that tiny thing. Besides that you should not be dismayed over anything you did.

11. Rockin - OMFG WHY DID THEY LYNCH YOU!? I cannot believe my cases on you worked to be all honest they were shoddy but they had some good things in. No one really suspected you all game then out of the fricking blue comes Ranmaru saying you were scum instead of saying I was scum which he said all game and helps me get you lynched. You had so much going for you and I could see the frustration and tiredness of being ignored so much because no one would listen to what you were saying even though it all made sense. I liked attacking your offenses though =o They were fun. I mean when you claimed watcher it really made my life hell and Watcher scares me more than doc. You played a solid game and was appalled at your lynch that I still can't believe I swung considered you had ALOT of reasons why you were town.

The Final Three

12. Swords - No not yet >=[

13. Vocal - ;____; Why wouldn't you wanna win with poor J? You were really scummy throughout the game but you did have some really townie posts. It was more of an in-between. You played well as an indie and pretty much rode your claim to the side-win with town so *shrug*. I kept thinking I could paint you as mafia and everything that worked out in the end but then I kept remembering the WAY you claimed which just made it near impossible to paint you as scum so kudos to you on that. Very well played not being lynched and surviving.

14. Ranmaru - there is so much I have already said to you! I mean honestly I liked your play the best because you were THE ONLY person who legiteamately thought I was scum for my actions. Though you need to learn some convincing skills bro. But in this shout-out I have a proposition for you. Join my game that comes into the queue next by yourself and I will hydra with you in the next game we are in as Dahlia Hawthorne Hydra. This is more of me asking if you would like to hydra with me but it sounds more dynamic. You were how to put it the easiest to paint as scum but also the hardest to actually get lynched if that makes any sense whatsoever. I already left most of what I wanted to say in the other posts sooooo lol. You need more determination and more standing your ground but with EVIDENCE. You can shout to the hill tops that someone is scum but it doesn't matter and you can say I told you so at endgame but it doesn't matter one bit. Persuasion, you can be a definite force if you were refined more in my honest opinion.

15. Swords - Fine now it's your turn lol. Okay first off, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST STAY DEAD THIS GAME!?!?!?!? :mad: I mean honestly how many times do I have to put a gun to your head before you die? I NK you one night you come back as a resurrected townie, I go to kill you another night, you are protected by some god almighty powerful and I lose my gun >=[ honestly the biggest thorn in my side all game. You also began to steal my town influence and my extra doc protects after things got fishy and stuff. I don't think you should feel bad at all for what you did D9 because there were quite a few things going on with that Day. You were a pretty obnoxious townie to deal with in the sense that you were never dieing and that you would never have been NK'd cuz I was afraid of the protects from the other two. You played well and went with the person who had all signs pointed to him on the final day even though I hoped that you would have gone for the obvscum Vocal. I have a question for you that I am dieing to ask, If it was you/Me/Vocal in LYLO, he claimed I killed Ran with a tracking result, but I made a case on him pointing out scummy things kindof like I did with Rockin, who would you have lynched personally? The one you always found scummy or me? It's a hypothetical so feel free to speculate. Grrr though you earn the award of biggest pain in my arse all game.

Ronike - It was so nice getting to know you because of this game! Now we talk almost every day and play pokemonz that I still need to train haha. The flavour of this game is just so much win and I loved playing every second of it, I am sad I couldn't win for the inception side but I just couldn't do anymore than what I could. I loved seeing all the flips with the movie posters as they were cool and the so many inception references has made me wanting to see this movie REALLY REALLY bad. When the dream started to crumble I thought it was really cool. It was also nice to have someone to talk and vent to this game about because of the fact that I was all alone and all I could do was vent in my QT. I will be joining any and all other games you host in the future. Thank you so much for hosting such a fun game that I actually enjoyed playing mafia as in.

I wanna go into detail more about what I did this game like I lied ALOT and took quite a few gambits. I need to go to sleep though now but here is something I have to say.

I know this sounds really arrogant/obnoxious/I personally hate saying this but I can't lie; I believe I deserve MVP. I mean I can't believe people are actually voting for me and that is so nice but I really REALLY want MVP for this game since I feel I played when all odds were against me and that everything just seemed like it was at me and I talked my way out of lynches for like 3 Days in a row until the end which was LYLO. I mean this sounds really *******ish but I really do want MVP.

Vote MVP: J

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sworddancer: You died earlier, and came back, whoo! Secretely I was thinking you might have been mafia somehow through a flip but meh. I ignored that thought forever.

X1-12: Well you obv buddied Cello too hard. xD

th3kuzinator: I didn't like you semi-cleared me and vocal BEFORE I told you about my night action. Anyways I think you found me scummy after Kirbyoshi did, and J found me scummy SOMEHOW as well. xD

I didn't like how you called my questions un-importanted. D: <

Tandora: Coastingggggggg. That question about Cello, I was gonna answer it, but you got modkilled. xD

Ranmaru: You were doc so you rid that claim to lylo. That's why you were alive. You would have been lynched without it.

Kirbyoshi: I felt as if you were twisting MY words. J DID twist my words. Example: I NEVER said Changing when it came to him talking about a ran lynch. I felt as if you were poking at me when I said things like 'Oh well DH might act like this" as if you were trying to DIG scum from me. lol

Cello_Marl - I dunno I just thought u were scummy : D For no reason.

Sir Bedevere : Man, too bad you couldn't post as much. But when I saw you post, it was obv town. Thanks for pushing me to write scumpicks and such.

Teryble Doom~: Hehe, I kinda wanted you guys lynched, but then J came in and executed X1. xD Anyways, pressuring inactives is fine, but gotta pressure others who may be acting scummy. I admit I played bad early on too.

Dark Horse: Yo. I dunno, you agreed alot? I dunno what u did that was scummy. People just auto-lynched ya. I wasn't for it.

J : JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ. Well it seems you were mafia here. Maybe you shouldn't have done that obv X1 kill. xD I wouldn't have thought you were mafia if you played obvtown, and have let TD get lynched. I would have probs get lynched because I lead the TD lynch, or at least voted him first. After that I was VERY VERY suspicious of you executing X1. Seriously. How did you get X1 SCUM SO WELL? And BEFORE TD's lynch? It was so urgent. xD

-Vocal- : GOod game. I knew you were legit from how you played. I think I can read you if you are scum. Watch out!

Rockin : Hey, my bad. You prolly hate me. Don't worry, I take responsibility for your lynch. I was just confused about your role but I didn't really look at the nite actions, but YOUR actions. You seemed to deem J scummy because he was trying to get the DOC lynched, that was all. Still a suspicion. I think you should have used OTHER reasons for why he could have been scum.

But once you died, I noticed his shift from YOU to VOCAL.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah J, totally. <3 Will Hydra with you in next game. : D

Ronike

Smash Ace
Shout outs in my usual, terrible fashion:

Tandora: You did... well? Cant remember... Sorry I had to modkill you, it was the only way to do it without replacing mass amounts of people. Sorry for also screwing over your team by it...

X1-12: You died. You prolly coulda pulled through I think, but iunno.

J: You did do well, although it was in part the situation. If your scummates all die before any connections can be made, its hard to pin you down, especially if you caused one of their deaths. I do think that executing X1 was a very bad move that you got lucky about. However, some of your later plays were outstanding. Voting yourself to L-1 at one point to manipulate people was simply brilliant. That along with getting Rockin lynched is why I think you deserve MVP.

It has been fun gettin to know you too.

-Vocal-: I lol'd hard when you declared victory. Good play, not sure why you hammered Dark Horse instead of defending him... at all. Dunno what else to say... I wasn't thinking survivor for your wincon, I was thinking that you needed to endgame everyone, but I sent it out via mistake and didn't realize until a few days in, so it had to stick. That's why you had an OP power.

Dark Horse: Umm....

Ranmaru: Good play, dont know why you flipped so hard that second to last day. I already talked to you a bit, but just watch out for that tunneling. It was fun watching you develop this game :)

Rockin: Sorry bro, bad luck. Watch out for them quick hammers. Not the best move, regardless of the situation. Had you waited for someone to agree with you, you prolly woulda won. Oh well though. Good play besides that. Nothing stuck out to me too much either though.

Kirbyoshi: Sorry for the bad role. Wish you would have used the kick world powers more, as it was to balance out the bad role. Dunno what else to say.

Sir Bed: Umm...

Teryble: Sorry to force you out, I enjoyed watching you play, and you would have done well I think. You both played pretty well I think.

Cello: Still a tad irritated with you, but w/e.

Sword: Did well. Dunno what else to say.

Kuz: You were fun to talk to and did pretty well. Too bad you got lynched pretty early, you did seem to be on J.

Tom: Man... that one post was the scummiest post ever. You obviously deserved to be lynched for it. Found it quite hilarious that you write me that nice post about how you would be devoted, and then only one post from you.

Nabe: Words here. Sorry man, thought your late play was weird, but dunno what else to say.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Seriously. The flavor was AMAZING. I didn't get to fully experience the game, but the work you put into this game REALLY payed off. Would totally vote you for Best Host.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Yea, you really did have some great flavor in this game; I wish we could've seen some more crazy use of power from beyond the grave, but even what we did have was nice :)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
damnit J....

I wanted to push for your lynch so bad when I saw your visit that night. Maaaaan, i was actually debating the chances of a role like that appearing. We have yet to see a cop role surface, and something like that would be something Ronike would put in a game.

I had that 'FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~~" espression for a while...and then just diverted the choice of lynching him on that day.

Oy, I'm such a ******* for believing that...

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Nabe & Ronike, I could easily have pulled through, only the weakest townies were on me but then I go to sleep one day and wake up super bussed.

Vote: Ronike for MVP/No MVP

J played well towards the end, that is undenyable, but ultimately, J's actions led to him to getting confirmed as scum in LYLO. For MVP we should be looking at the persons play as a whole. Imagine someone wakes up in the morning, shoots themself in the foot then gets out of bed and limps to the bathroom, yeah them getting there is impressive, but in the grand scheme of things all they achieved was walking to the bathroom

Top Bottom