• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inception mafia: Town and Indy Joint Win!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol it was my fault mostly because I waited for discussion.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Beside Swiss/Gheb? What about Swords, kuz and beatstick? so that's 6 of us. lol, please stop trying to belittle me.

You are seriously missing the point or strawmanning.

It doesn't matter who you 'outplayed', it matters that as a whole, in this game your play wasn't the most beneficial to your faction. You shot yourself massively in the foot then did very well to recover, but ultimately still lost because of the initial hindrance you caused yourself.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Beside Swiss/Gheb? What about Swords, kuz and beatstick? so that's 6 of us. lol, please stop trying to belittle me.

You are seriously missing the point or strawmanning.

It doesn't matter who you 'outplayed', it matters that as a whole, in this game your play wasn't the most beneficial to your faction. You shot yourself massively in the foot then did very well to recover, but ultimately still lost because of the initial hindrance you caused yourself.
You continue to bring up me killing you.

Kuz/Swords, I'm not gonna speak for them. Beatstick i think he just joke said he agreed. But are we honestly gonna make people pick and choose sides?

You honestly think I don't deserve MVP, great. That's your opinion. Key word there, I can choose to agree/disagree with it at will. This is just something we will never see eye to eye on so let's just agree to disagree.

You will continue to think you're right, and I will continue to think I'm right. We aren't gonna sway the other in any other sort of fashion alright? That's the way it will continue to be.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Present a compelling argument that your play as a whole in this game is MVP worthy.

I can present a very compelling argument against it:

Your actions in this game resulted in you getting confirmed as the last scum in LYLO

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
X1, isn't that the point of MVP, outplaying most of the players? (Even if you lose) Why should the faction matter? Even so, He only shot you. Tanny got modkilled in an unfortunate bout of luck.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Present a compelling argument that your play as a whole in this game is MVP worthy.

I can present a very compelling argument against it:

Your actions in this game resulted in you getting confirmed as the last scum in LYLO
You have got to stop being so petty. I WON'T AGREE WITH YOU EVER ON THIS MATTER. And neither will you.

As I said, it's your OPINION, get it through your skull. I have confidence in what I say because it is truth that I played well as a whole. You just don't agree to this.

If you wanna fight this go on because at this point I can't be bothered to deal with someone who just won't admit that someone has a differing opinion.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Ranmaru:

Most Valuable Player. I,e the one who most benefited their wincon.

Imagine a scum player completely fooled the entirety of town into thinking they were town, but then gets killed by a serial killer N1.

Did they outplay everyone?
Do they deserve an MVP?

============================================

@J:

I'm accepting that you have a different opinion to me, but I'm asking you to present a case, or at least some reasoning why your opinion is such but you are failing to do so.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I can't believe you are treating me like some sort of dog saying to work for the MVP and to show why I deserve it to you. Saying that I'm failing to do so because I can't believe how far you are taking this is just so bizarre in it's own.

Why must you continue to berate this matter? I honestly don't care what you have to say anymore because I don't agree whatsoever.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Ranmaru:

Most Valuable Player. I,e the one who most benefited their wincon.

Imagine a scum player completely fooled the entirety of town into thinking they were town, but then gets killed by a serial killer N1.

Did they outplay everyone?
Do they deserve an MVP?

============================================

@J:

I'm accepting that you have a different opinion to me, but I'm asking you to present a case, or at least some reasoning why your opinion is such but you are failing to do so.
Yeah thing is he fooled most of the town. I don't remember when Rockin started pushing J, but it took him a while. I even protected him instead of Kuz. Did you not think he played off the shot well?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
This discussion is literally going nowhere.

J, hes not personally attacking you. Stop being so defensive. He wants you to back up your points and make a case for why you deserve MVP on a whole. He doesn't want to demonize you to make it look like you are groveling for MVP he wants to ARGUE THE POINT WITH YOU. Plus, when you hear someone else's side of an argument, you don't just tell that person he can't use specific points because you don't want him to. A large reason this is being debated is because of your bus, so there is no reason why X1 can't talk about it. I realize you are upset, but X1 is not being petty and you are the one that is trying to defeat his logic by attacking the so called petty intent behind his posts.

@Ran, you're missing the point. He played it off well. No one is contesting this at all, in the slightest. What he did in the first place limited his options. He did well with the remaining resources he had at his disposal. Heck, he probably got a lot farther than I could have in his position. But it was a bad judgment call to use his one-shot pr to bus his most powerful scummate d1.

I really didn't want to get involved in this but this argument was going nowhere.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Guys, seriously, there's nothing much else that needs to be said.

Everyone has already spoke their reasons whether said people are for or against them getting a MVP. Let it rest, please. Remember, the MVP isn't a rating system. it's just something that shows good accomplishment in a game or two, as well as being recognized as a fair player in general, nothing more.

Now, instead of bickering, how about everyone giving said people advice on how to handle the situation from town and mafia's POV (Mainly the townies need some suggestions. I'm sure J and others would agree that, while J made some clever choices, they were probably not the BEST choices at the time).

Beat!

Smash Master
J played well, especially when he was about to be lynched and self voted, but his actions from D1 and the Tan modkill meant he HAD to mechanically clear himself and be completely above suspicion.
Your play was very good in most parts, but your actions ultimately resulted in scum losing because what you ended up getting yourself caught in a position where you were the only person not confirmed as scum.
I think these are the parts of importance, J.

The "Scum" in the end should probably read "town" though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Alright since it seems like there's some [in my opinion really childish] bickering about the MvP award going on I'm probably going to elaborate on it.

1.) If there's such a case of doubt about whether the MvP should be given to a player or not then I think it shouldn't be given. I'm assuming that people aren't *******s about this and don't disagree with the Dice choice out of jealousy. Point is that if such a bunch of people is *objectively* against J being MvP then him being MvP *is* questionable and thus should not be given.

2.) Just because J did play better than everybody else once kuz was dead, doesn't mean he played well, simple as that. He exhibited some fairly suspicious behavior on D1 already but mainly got away due to other people's inactivity and he himself pushing X1. Let's assume J was lynched right after he was claimed to be watched - would yall still have given him MvP? I sincerely doubt that. And if you're giving him the MvP because of towns BLATANT failure by lynching Rockin [one of the most painful reads in a long while] then you're not giving he MvP award to the player who played well but to the player who didn't play as bad as the rest.

Sounds harsh and a bit condescending towards J but it's my honest opinion. Not to say J played badly but he wasn't outstanding by any means.
I think mods should be way stricter about MvP awards otherwise it's not even anything special. And let's be real - can you really say that J' performance was "special"? Even if you think he played well I'd say you're giving his performance too much credit with an MvP.

:059:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Guys, seriously, there's nothing much else that needs to be said.

Everyone has already spoke their reasons whether said people are for or against them getting a MVP. Let it rest, please. Remember, the MVP isn't a rating system. it's just something that shows good accomplishment in a game or two, as well as being recognized as a fair player in general, nothing more.

Now, instead of bickering, how about everyone giving said people advice on how to handle the situation from town and mafia's POV (Mainly the townies need some suggestions. I'm sure J and others would agree that, while J made some clever choices, they were probably not the BEST choices at the time).
^I'm gonna do this because this arguement is and will go nowhere if I do continue it.

I'll do it when I get home.

Top Bottom