• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Improving the Ice Climbers boards - We've got a lot of work to do

r3d d09

Smash Master
I think we should have an indepth desync thread. not just options like SH blizz, but have it has a format, like the ways to desync thread.
Example:

1: Buffer De-Sync. Perform any move, other than Belay or Squall Hammer, and near the end of the duration, buffer a quick dash in the opposite direction. You must let go of the control stick before the lag ends. It's a little easier to pull off than the Turnaround De-Sync, but the principle is the same. When you land, Nana will dash in that direction, and Popo will only turn around, allowing you to de-sync.

like this, but for desync'd attacks. giving a description about it.
not just options, but this is me. If I had the knowledge of some of the top IC's I'd gladly volunteer for creating the thread and what not... but i'm insuperior to most here ;P

Sieguest

Smash Master
I think we should have an indepth desync thread. not just options like SH blizz, but have it has a format, like the ways to desync thread.
Example:

1: Buffer De-Sync. Perform any move, other than Belay or Squall Hammer, and near the end of the duration, buffer a quick dash in the opposite direction. You must let go of the control stick before the lag ends. It's a little easier to pull off than the Turnaround De-Sync, but the principle is the same. When you land, Nana will dash in that direction, and Popo will only turn around, allowing you to de-sync.

like this, but for desync'd attacks. giving a description about it.
not just options, but this is me. If I had the knowledge of some of the top IC's I'd gladly volunteer for creating the thread and what not... but i'm insuperior to most here ;P

Read the QandA thread...and that old desync thread, and you'll know everything...:p

r3d d09

Smash Master
Then make it....:p

Oh yah...and understood! :)
I'm the official nub cake of the IC thread. I have no knowledge of desync'ed attacks. I was the one who said we should get a desync options thread or what ever we are going to call it. lol.

but if your :p face is indicating a joke... jokes on you, I'm going to make it

NOTTTTTTTTTTT

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I started the desynch thread since you girls are taking too long to decide who should do it. :p

Update on dthrow chainan:

Urgh I didn't think it'd take this long to just do the regrab %s without all the extra data, each character takes like 30-40min to conclusively test depending on how far you can chain them (really ****ing far in most cases). I didn't do anything yesterday cause I had a meet. Over the next 4 days I'll only be able to use 1 for this since I'm hosting a STD starting day 3, I need to use either day 1 or 2 to clean out my room so i have space to house people haha. I'm slowly getting there, though.

Here's some interesting stuff I've found out while I've been working on it (may or may not have anything to do with the dthrow chain lulz):

- Ice Climbers are in general extremely ****ing broken.

- Upon further testing, I found that my original theory about not being able to dthrow chain ZSS without dthrow being at least 1x stale was complete bull ****.

- Nonetheless, ICs can still dthrow chain ZSS inescapably to 59%. However, for the last 20% or so you can't buffer a dashgrab or else you'll miss the regrab, the timing is super strict.

- Conversely, ICs can dthrow chain themselves to 65% inescapably and can do the whole thing buffered no sweat.

- Jiggs however can only be chained to 16%. :(

- G&W was a real pain in the *** to test.

- ICs have a stupidly broken vertical recovery thanks to Side B, it completely ****s on every other vertical recovery in the game, only ones that come close that I can think of are D3/Sonic/IC's Up B, but IC Side B is far more versatile than all of those combined. ICs can plank awesomely with this on FD because they can Side B up with such force that it even overcomes the lip of death. At some point in the future I wanna make a video demonstrating all this. O:

- ICs can't BAir stage spike everyone on FD for some reason. It's probably common knowledge, but I didn't know haha. :p

- ICs DThrow chain caps at around 85% for most characters because they begin tumbling at that point when thrown and the dynamics change completely. However I have yet to find a character who is affected by this.

- ICs vertical grab range is INSANE. Get Satsuki'd.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You should post a video of the DThrow stuff.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Also I want to know who we can walking cg aside from mk >_>.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Two that come to mind are themselves and G&W. Haven't tested exact %s yet though.

<_<
>_>

Edit: I'll test exact smallstep %s after I'm done the main CGing, just for you Hylian. :3

Bunny - Haha not a bad idea, I'll give it some thought.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
- ICs have a stupidly broken vertical recovery thanks to Side B, it completely ****s on every other vertical recovery in the game, only ones that come close that I can think of are D3/Sonic/IC's Up B, but IC Side B is far more versatile than all of those combined. ICs can plank awesomely with this on FD because they can Side B up with such force that it even overcomes the lip of death. At some point in the future I wanna make a video demonstrating all this. O:
- Squall Hammer's vertical movement decreases severely when the move is hitting someone. So while not usually the best option, the enemy could theoretically let themselves be hit by Squall as a means to gimp you, possibly just for the lulz.

- The Ice Climbers can be hit out of Squall Hammer by a bunch of moves. They're vulnerable vertically, and it doesn't have insane horizontal range, so the opponent's move just has to be disjointed enough for it to knock the ICs out of Squall.

- As far as I remember, Squall Hammer doesn't sweetspot the ledge (correct me if I'm wrong, of course), so planking is out of the question. Not to mention that having the ICs offstage for extended periods is usually a bad idea - if Nana is separated/killed, and given Sopo's horrendous recovery, the enemy can put you into a really bad position really quickly.

- ICs vertical grab range is INSANE. Get Satsuki'd.
I've seen this effect before. A part of me wonders if the programmers messed up and accidentally rotated their grabbox by 90 degrees. Get Sakurai'd, perhaps?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
r3d d09 - Glad to be of service. :)

Funen - Yeah, I'm aware of the weaknesses of Squall. I was just expressing the insane vertical movement you can gain by it. :p

The weaknesses can be overcome though, e.g. tricking your opponent into intercepting one way while you go the other. At a recent meet I was being edgeguarded on Yoshi's, I was a little up from the bottom boundaries and slightly out, I Side B'd out, up and around, landing near the middle of the stage, avoiding him entirely. Afterward he told me he didn't expect that at all, he expected me to either up b or side b inward, so he'd be able to do something about it either way. What I did wouldn't have been possible without the insane verticalness of the move tbh.

Side B's lack of priority makes me sad. Definitely not as disjointed as some people make it out to be. Sad EA. :(

Also you're right, it doesn't tether, however you can end it near the ledge in such a way that they almost immediately grab on, so it's a semi-sweetspot I guess? xD

IxxI

Smash Fence
E_alert, you've tried to DI out of the grabs, correct?

I love how the Ice Climber boards are active all of a sudden. :D

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
r3d d09 said:
E_Alert, now that you've started... you can't stop or you will disappoint the whole IC community. just saying ;)
lols, no pressure right? :p

E_alert, you've tried to DI out of the grabs, correct?

I love how the Ice Climber boards are active all of a sudden. :D
Yeah, DI's been accounted for, as well as moves that can be used to escape (to my knowledge) eg ZSS Down B, and I've been cross-checking it with frame data and making frame tests to make sure everything is 100% correct.

And yeah, I love it too, I'm actually motivated to post here now rather than just lurking haha.

IxxI

Smash Fence
lols, no pressure right? :p

Yeah, DI's been accounted for, as well as moves that can be used to escape (to my knowledge) eg ZSS Down B, and I've been cross-checking it with frame data and making frame tests to make sure everything is 100% correct.

And yeah, I love it too, I'm actually motivated to post here now rather than just lurking haha.
Wow, good work.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
lol hey us lurkers keep a very very close eye on u guys. so u guys better WATCH OUT! lol
but besides that. good work e_alert. i like.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yeah, dude, of course. Because of the sheer volume of information I was gonna do that anyway. :p

Top Bottom