• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-Improving Georgia Brawl- *updates*

BBQ°

Smash Champion
hmmm

Antic, what do you suggest we talk about to keep this discussion going? I enjoyed reading all of these posts, but I'd like to avoid milking it D:

Purple

Hi guys!
discuss your own gameplay problems. I find myself running into the same tactics when i fight against snakes, i always underestimate the distance of f-tilts and feel that i can challenge it and overpower it. I take alot of damage for that. Plus i don't know what to do against snake's grenades. Anyone know solutions?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
dont get into the position to get ftilted. You need a lot of patience to play against snake. Ill help u learn the matchup at the smashest next week

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
yeah... you guys know me i'll sit down and play whoever I don't care if it's your first time playing i'm always down to play and help give advice...

after I come back from Florida, in like August.
=D

you guys are welcome to stop by my house in south florida anytime! =D

Oh, and i'll have none of this "I'd get ***** by pros" nonsense.

I don't think you guys understand how bad I was for my first two years of smash.

I would've wished I was as good as c@sh mooney, and that is in no way an exaggeration.

I mean... I used to main Zelda.

.... Zelda

I went to FC3 in 2005 with my Zelda.

Got dead last in first round pools.

aw yeah.

Purple

Hi guys!

BBQ°

Smash Champion
You spot dodge a lot when you're close by, if you're playing people like umby they charge their forward smash a bit more to punish spot dodges.
is that all :[
I think I only got punished for that maybe 3 or 4 times, obviously there is something major that I'm doing wrong. I think a large part of it is killing ROB. Seriously, I just realized G&W has really no way to kill him.

Zom~B can damage me easily with his projectiles and kill me because he has better spacing, but for me to do damage all I got is back air which gets really predictable. It's hard to approach with back air because Zom~B simply spaces himself away from it or just does up-angled ftilt to beat it. Since I have no real way to approach him, how am I ever supposed to land a kill move?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Awww yeah.
*Cracks open the pepsi*
-Cranks up the winamp*

GREEN WALL OF TEXT TIME.

____

First and foremost, I think it's hilarious how everytime something like this comes up, it's listed as smash and we all get lumped together.

Maybe it's something wrong with my mentality, but I dont specifically like being associated with stuff that I'm not a part of. especially if it hinders my intentions (me getting DQ'd out of winners bracket at IC2 because I was "busy playing brawl." -I was actually just standing around waiting for them to call me-) or if it hurts what little bit of my reputation that I care about. (I could go on and on about this, i'll just leave that there).

With that being said, it always strikes me as odd when somebody says Smash, when they really mean melee or brawl (in this case, it'd be brawl; cause you cant convince me this topic was made with the intention addressing the entire GA "Smash" community. If that's the case, some people need to do research on the melee side of it.)

Play to Learn
While camping with Metaknight almost always assures a win, you won't learn anything from doing so. There will come situations where you'll approach a bad match up in brackets, or just be playing friendlies / money matches with someone who counters your character. Unless you're a Wolf player playing against a D3 main. Work on your flaws. Those disadvantages make you improve faster in my opinion.

*NEW* Do know however, that if camping is the way to win, then do it. In a competitive notion, you are playing to win at all times, regardless if it's against a Ga Smash player or an OoS player. We are not in our own little world where no one camps, and no one counterpicks characters, it DOES happen!

Are you sure you wont learn anything? Im pretty sure you'd learn how to effectively camp and defend against approaches (which is already easier to do in brawl than approaching). If that's what gets you the W and that's what you really want; why in gods name would you not do it? Because the other person "isnt having fun?"

I wont sit here and claim I know him like the back of my hand, but if winning like this is a problem, you might want to go outside of the smash hole and ask about somebody by the name of Steve Harrison. (Marty's going to bash my face in if I'm making the wrong comparison here)
Try New Things
Playing the Game cut and dry won't help, testing out new things will. Keep your gameplay fresh by playing new people and trying new things. It improved your unpredictability and you'll begin to develop a style of playing your main.

I'm just going to note that trying something new =/= "unpredictable".

Watch this example.

SOME OF YOU PEOPLE NEED TO FLAT OUT PLAY SOME REAL FORM OF DEFENSE.

Done.

Applies to loads of things, you just have to think outside of your box.

*NEW*Words From Marty (GA_Peach)
but to improve the community, skill-wise, everyone has to play each other a little more. studying matchups is key in any game, and smash is no exception to this. i see most players in this state don't even attend smashfests or any kind of gatherings. being in high school/parents don't like your hobby is the most general excuse i hear. find a friend that drives or ask people to give you a ride. i know quite a few in the Melee community have been there to drive me a long distance when i didn't have my car(ex. Tim and Sleepy). just playing isn't enough. when you play, you HAVE to learn from your mistakes. i see too many people in this state fall for the same traps over and over again. when i beat people, i always try to tell them the major points that i took advantage of in order to beat them, so then they can improve. if they get better, then i get better people to play against. it's really that simple.

People SHOULD do it simply because it is such a giant part of the metagame(which further confuses me as to why you people continue to support the game as a competitive game, but that's another argument.) bottom line, we have to use every thing available in the metagame to make each other better. that is another reason GA does not get better. people don't practice to their full potential(i.e. won't camp during casuals, won't be "cheap", etc.) if you don't practice against it during casuals, how will you be prepared for competition?

Yeah, Marty has this awesome perk called "I'm right cause I know better." I know from experience. I look at what I do for melee, then I look at what I do for other games I play. Yeah, it adds up.

I know my melee matchups pretty **** well. I practice how I play. To the melee extent of it, I know my frame data (i dont know it as well as I should, but I question how well most people do because of how this community is). I practice my techs.

Then I look at other games I play.

I dont know matchups in GGAC. I just press buttons with May and watch bars disappear. I dont know how to kill step with Talim. I just swing and hope I land a combo starter. There's a reason why I dont do well against lightweights in those games but (to some varying degree) wreck people who dont play the game. That's what happens when you put in that kind of work.

Note mistakes
When you beat people in brackets, you win due to outsmarting them, exploiting their mistakes. You don't have to do this if you don't want to. But tell them what they were doing wrong. It shows respect and brings strong ties among smash players.
There's a problem with this. In the "lets make the community better" aspect of it, this is perfectly fine and dandy.

People dont think alike, dont act alike, and dont react to the same things.

Calvin hit me up last week askin me to look at his vids from (i think) gigs and point out some stuff to him (cause apparently Brawl Falco Boards are useless? Im not entirely surprised). I come up with a page of notes for each match, half of which is stuff he NEVER thought of himself.

He's considered one of the best Brawl Falcos in the nation, who the **** am I in that game?

Exactly.

there is a slight flaw in this though. It's small, it only hurts lazy *******, but there is a flaw. If you constantly tell people what they do wrong, they'll get better. However, they wont learn how to fix their own mistakes. That's a brickwall alot of people have.

"Feed a man a fish, teach a man to fish."

___

Now on the competitive side of that, why the **** would I tell my opponent why they lost? Community courtesy? Do you really want me to abide by that when I put my money down?

I hate to put this example out there and pour salt on a wound, but look at this.

IC4. Me and Fullmetal.
IC4. Me and Wes.

(for all the people who didnt go witness 1o1G and the other greatness, the recurring theme is I played both of them twice in brackets)

Think about how that pans out if people tell people why they win or why their opponent lost.

_

Maybe that just has something to do with my mentality; im not too keen on telling people why lost to me in a tourney; and as much as I would ask them, I wouldnt expect them to tell me what im doing wrong.

Words From s0ft
One major thing I have noticed and Chaddd said this a whiiiile ago but I didn't really see what he was talking about untill recently. SUPPORT!!
We need to support our fellow Georgia smashers. That includes helping them to improve there game, but mainly cheering them on during tournaments. Especially when they are playing oosers. There is not a greater feeling imo then playing an ooser knowing that all of Georgia is behind you fully supporting you! Chaddd and Biglou are GREAT examples of what that means.

Recently Chaddd has seen me having a hard time in a trny match or getting frustrated, come over and given me a little advice and reminded me to stay calm, and then I will usally go on to win that match. Support makes a big difference!

And BigLou practically watched all my melee matches in florida, even though he was only there for brawl!

To me that is another major thing that rarely ever gets touched on....
We are here to help GEORGIA players, not our favorite player from florida or south carolina or midwest or something....

If we all band together and help each other we are going to improve a lot faster, then with the every man for himself thing that georgia has going right now....

This is teams not a free-for-all.
*note that before I say this, this isnt directed directly at josh. This is still for everybody.*

Ok. When I first read this hours ago I wanted to completely trash this idea. But that's really because I tend to look at things from a "me first" perspective before I look at the whole "team mentality" kind of thing.

However, that ties into why I wanted to jump on this in the first place.

You realistically cant expect people to be in your corner just because they currently live in the state as you. Really.

The first thing you have to think about this in this situation is "Are people cheering FOR the other guy?" or "Are they rooting AGAINST me?" Those are two completely different scenarios.

It's one thing for somebody to be cheering for a person, but trash talking and putting somebody down is a completely different aspect to it.

And that's why I think this comment was even made in the first place.

(Keeping my personal soapbox out of this)

*ok this part is kinda directed at soft, but still at everybody*
Im pretty sure this came up because of Melee vs Brawl.

You vs Greenmario.

Now, I cant speak for everybody. Im not everybody. But lets be real about something; can you give me a good reason why I have "no business" cheering for a guy I've looked up to while coming up, to some degree idolized, and learned alot from. Compared to a guy who, in a sense, hates my presence? (For ******** people, soft doesnt hate me (as far as i know); Do some homework.) There's more, but it's not smash related.

Even if you look past all that, think about this: Was anybody actually cheering AGAINST you? (now that's an honest question, I dont remember)

If a state line means that much, what does it say when you go on ustream and completely trash and embarrass somebody from your state? Im talking about IH.

*to everybody*
Im not sitting here trying to come in with my "lone-wolf mentality" of every man for themself or anything, but you realistically have to consider that to some people something like state lines dont mean much.

Dip into each other's games
For the most part, a great deal of melee players although not liking brawl in the sense of competition, still play Brawl against scrubs taking on occasional money matches. A great example of this is Fullmetal / Fullmetal - Dogysamich. Who are set as our barline for singles and teams. They know the basics and serve to people who are trying to get better as the first step to becoming known in Georgia Smash, and Brawlers, dip a bit into Melee, it does help more than you imagine. First off it's a fun game just like brawl, on top of that it requires skill and a slight bit of dedication. If you're not willing to at least learn a bit of tech for one character, and learn how to not get punished in melee, you will probably continue to get punished in brawl.

No more melee v brawl comments. We're smash gaming as a whole. Respect that.
First off: Lol, I really get to be part of the teams barline? That's comical.

-avoids ridiculously easy potshot on "the basics of brawl"-

For the real part of this, you're telling people that playing melee will make them better at brawl. For the most part that's wrong. Realistically, alot of stuff you can learn in melee you can learn in brawl, you just have to think.

That's not to say you cant learn from other games. I'd be the biggest f**king hypocrite ever if I tried to act like you cant learn from other games. I can safely say that you can learn from more than just the other game. What you really have to do is "learn how to learn." Sounds like an oxymoron, but trust me on this.

Example.

Subject: What do you want to "challenge"

I dont know how many times Mike G has ever told me dont try to beat ganon's f.air? Twice, maybe 3 times before the next part "clicked" in my head.

Fast forward some, and here I am sitting in Evan's apartment playin Marty in SF4. And here's Marty with his oh-so-loveable Chun-Li (-rolls eyes- I cant believe I said that).

For the record, I dont REALLY know much about SF beyond the real common knowledge.

So.

EX-Spinning Bird Kick. (the upside down spinning kicky thingy for the real clueless)

First time I get hit with this, I'm like "Oh, maybe I shoulda did something." .... fight goes on, I keep getting ***** by other stuff (Namely axe kick, cause I cant comprehend the concept of having to stand up in street fighter), and here we go again.

Ex-Spinning Bird Kick.

Well, that time I jumped in and kicked, and I still got wrecked. Maybe I kicked too early?

-Again-
Well, Maybe I kicked too late that time?

-Again-
.... what the ****.

-Again-
.... >.> <.<

......... oh. Maybe that's one of those things I shouldnt challenge.
*Click*

So now, im continuing to get wrecked, and it's like this

*chun li is crouching*
-Marty has 1 stock-

... "Maybe I shouldnt jump in."

__

So how does all this **** translate the Smash? Oh i dunno, lets take brawl.

Blatently obvious example that everybody and their mom knows.

Metaknight is off the stage. He flies, he's got a SRK. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm should you challenge that?

Exactly. So you dont make that mistake and waste that stock (or damage).

Now just go find other stuff you dont want to challenge against other characters.

You really wanna test snake's tilts? Really wanna test falco's lasers? Really wanna see if luigi is going to land shin shoryuken? Do you really want to see if zelda's gunna flick the stick up?

Uh huh.

That's just tip-of-the-iceberg stuff. Once you "learn how to learn", you'd be surprised what kinda you can pick up from ANYTHING.

__

And last.

No, we're not the same community. That's not being bias or anything. That's a straight up fact that smash, as a whole, needs to recognize.

Take a look at how many brawl players play melee, and how many melee players play brawl. (in this state)

There's something to note. The melee players dont play brawl. Reason being? Alot of us dont like it. You're not going to force people to play a game they dont like, and you're going to force peopel to care about a community they're not a part of.

You kinda need to understand that.

Ok, and now that Im out of THE FIRST POST LOL.

Time to jank on more stuff.

This place owns GameFaqs anyday.
That's not hard to do at all.

What is the point of this. We just need more people.
*thinks* ya know, it's funny you say that. Who's reflex? Who does he play with again? What's he considered compared to the rest of the nation?

Yeah.

Having a large community might always seem like a good idea. But with a large community comes large responsibility. More panelist to judge each person, more people who might need rides to tourneys. If we have 20 people who are constantly coming, Georgia can be a strong powerhouse to other states. But having let's say 100 or 200 people who aren't consistent, makes it hard for people to contact one another. People may not know who to specifically talk to about getting better. If our community right now is strong, it can open arms to more people and give them a great feeling about joining. we all as a group can barely hold our own and have a lot of scrubs who are constantly downing ourselves. What good will that do for our community? Do any of you guys who went to ICIV talk to @rest, GTR, Xele, Whizzle, or anyone else who doesn't constantly post here? Because those would've been great people to have in our community, but none of us showed them much respect outside of playing them in brackets and saying GGs. See how having respect amongst ourselves would help our community grow? People who don't know how to do that or might not consider it necessary might need to read this.
Man why are yout posts easy to rip up?

First, more panalist to judge people? PR is purely opinion anyway, who says you need more people? Depends on how you do it? Look at it like this; do you do PR based off of who places higher (which mind you, is what you enter the tourney to determine) or who beats who? In the grand scheme of things, a PR is just a formality for smash anyways.

Next, having more people doesnt make it harder to get in contact with people. People being hard to get in contact with make it hard. *points to the melee community*.

Next part. Yeah, you guys dont really give 2 s**ts about your community outside of waba. I say that thinking about Augusta and, to some degree, Warner Robins. This is different with the melee community because "way back when", everybody WAS centered around ATL, except for Columbus, and me. Columbus and I got ours. When Columbus threw down Get 4 Stocked, ATL was there. Hell, when Reflex threw HIS tourney in Phenix City, everybody was there. I whole-heartedly believed (and still do) that if I were to ever hold a tourney around here, people would be here.

I wouldnt expect everybody to show up; that's unrealistic. I would expect SOME people to show up. Why? Credibility.

With that being said, I understand why you guys dont travel out to Augusta. They have no credibiilty to you. But look at it the other way, you also have no credibility to them. With what little bit I read into brawl threads, you guys dont even bother with others stuff.

And as for people who barely show up and dont feel "love and respect", yeah that's pretty important. Especially when you play a game that gets trashed by everybody who doesnt play it.

Take the listed case of IC4. Those 4 guys (or however many werent one of the Waba people). I know one of those dudes left super-salty cause I sat down with mike, trash talked his game, slapped him in the face for wanting to waste my time with low tiers, then wrecked his **** in teams. Granted I was too busy crackin jokes with Mike and everybody else, I'm pretty **** sure I saw nobody say a word to him beyond that. I dont know if I have (or had) this "******* aura" or something, but get your people. That's how you scoop up some people into the community.

I cant imagine where I would be now if people actually janked on me playing doc at g4s, and then if somebody actually laughed at me for losing to a bowser. (History lesson: It was reflex.)

Well most of the first section dealt with getting better. If we had the largest brawl community in the country or even the word, but only 5 of them were great, then we'd be the joke state of brawl, and no one will take us seriously. If we had a community of 50 and 20 of them were great then that would give us more respect than having a large population that sucks.
I hope you realize that most people/crews/states that get janked on like that are ones that people hype up or that try to talk themselves up as the greatest thing ever.

That's how it is.

the melee community seems to me that most of us act as we are too cool to play smash and go to tourny's ..all saying this at smashfest and @ tourny's..we ned unity in ga or something
Oh god, the things that have ravaged GA Melee.

-The long period of splits. (Yes i'm a ****ing hypocrite)
-Brawl, and then the hit to melee tourneys since then
-Being older (really, take Columbus for example. Subtract Alpha because he'll show up when it's worth his time and merit. Why dont the rest of them go to tourneys? You probably dont even know who all is part of the Columbus scene (it's ALOT different than you think)
-Alot of the "would be new people" are scared of going to a tourney and losing (seriously. I can think of 4 people from Columbus, 3 people Albany.)
-The current lack (yes, lack) of tourneys.
-Various reasons for showing up to a tourney in the first place. (I've always wanted to win a big tourney. How am I to do that when all I have is $5 dollar tourneys? What about the people who've been around longer than me but go for fun? Same 12/13 stages or so, same characters. For years and years. I understand why some people got tired of it and quit/went to brawl.)

Also, we should get a circuit going for ATL South. I've heard almost every other region except for here that has one (and FL has their own circuit IIRC).
*Melee history speaking*
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4ocQCKj_ls&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4ocQCKj_ls&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>
Good luck, that's failed every time.

Octix is right, LOL.

I agree that when you beat someone, you should tell them what they did wrong, and a better approach, or just general tips.

It helps the community's lower-level players(me, XD) get better.

Yeah, I am kinda prominent about it...it just happens...
I should stop...
Touched on this earlier. Just going to drill it in again cause of how resouceful it is.

Learn to learn.

Learn to teach yourself.

However you want to look at it.

*Storms in*

Calc 2 - A
English 1102 - A
World History after 1500 - B
Mathematics tutoring - A
Linear Algebra - A
Discrete Math - A

btw I'm in college and I lawlz at highschoolers :) /jerk

Oh also... this should be said...

*Watches history of ATL South repeat itself with a fresh batch of people on a different game*

So uh... hi XIF and Sleepy... long time no see... :)
Yeah of course you'll show up to throw your grades in somebody's face. That's all you got. CAUSE YOU SURE AS F**K DONT PLAY SMASH LOL!

♪You'll get caught up in the!!♫

Dogysamich uses zelda.

are you...johning for someone else?
It's not like she got better in brawl. Din's fire's better; that's about it. Her **** just works now. Same ol' hitstick nonsense.

yeaaaaaaaah green wall n**ga.
Like a game of tetris.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
All I saw in Dogy's post was green **** and saying learn.

He makes a good point I swear some people just don't seem to want to learn. When I mean learn, I mean to actually figure out what they are doing wrong and practice and not just play and hope they get better.

I need to sleep.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Learn to learn.

Mad props to Dogy.

Whenever I lose a stock, hell if I'm really on the ball -- whenever I take damage, I ask myself "what the **** just happened there" and I try not to let it happen again. You just have to let your brain take over habits/reflexes, without slowing you down so much that your opponent can run all over you.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
the more panelist thing is just high schoolers upset about the current ranking that doesn't even make a ****ed difference.

GA BRAWL YOU SUCK

FULLMETAL IS ON THE PR

GUESS WHO DOESN'T PLAY BRAWL

FULLMETAL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

now go cry about it please.

imo we need more people playing melee.

Player-3

Smash Hero
the more panelist thing is just high schoolers upset about the current ranking that doesn't even make a ****ed difference.

GA BRAWL YOU SUCK

FULLMETAL IS ON THE PR

FULLMETAL

Im going to enter melee singles before bswarl now, when i get to waba.....<_<

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL

GA BRAWL YOU SUCK

FULLMETAL IS ON THE PR

FULLMETAL

guess who doesn't love sleepy?

nobody.

bigman40

Smash Master
Awww yeah.
*Cracks open the pepsi*
-Cranks up the winamp*

GREEN WALL OF TEXT TIME.

____

*Skips wall of text*

*Melee history speaking*
Good luck, that's failed every time.

That sucks. Well, even though you guys may not have been able to get it during the melee years, we might get lucky. It's at least worth a try.

BBQ°

Smash Champion

Calvin hit me up last week askin me to look at his vids from (i think) gigs and point out some stuff to him (cause apparently Brawl Falco Boards are useless? Im not entirely surprised). I come up with a page of notes for each match, half of which is stuff he NEVER thought of himself.

He's considered one of the best Brawl Falcos in the nation, who the **** am I in that game?
heh, if I was in Kismet's shoes, I would've done the same. Asking you to analyze his matches over any other Falco player makes lots of sense. You have a natural talent for seeing things that most people overlook, at least that's what I've picked up from reading your posts on this forum. I mean really, the majority of your wall of text on the previous page was ripping apart people's posts. Most of the people in this thread were basically agreeing with those people (mainly Antic) and didn't even stop to think that a lot of their words were misleading. You're just **** good at seeing things the way they are. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if this post was eaten alive by you :chuckle:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Asking you to analyze his matches over any other Falco player makes lots of sense. You have a natural talent for seeing things that most people overlook, at least that's what I've picked up from reading your posts on this forum. I mean really, the majority of your wall of text on the previous page was ripping apart people's posts.
Natural? Na. I wish, I soo hard to learn it.

Looking at people play and seeing what's happening? That's something I had to learn. Took forever and I'm still learning. Beyond that, it's easy as hell to sit back and look at a video when you've got the luxury of rewinding time and time again, harder when you're standing behind the person and you've only got one shot to see what's happening, and just flat out difficult to do this on the fly when you're playing. It just takes time and effort to learn. Practice. Practicing the mental part of the game.

Do you know how to look for blaringly obvious patterns. You'd be surprised how many people cant in smash.

___

As for just straight up text arguements, location. That's all it is.

[soapbox]
I drive 2 hours to any tourney now in state, and I cant complain a bit. Used to drive 4 hours when I was in college. Now I want you to picture yourself making 8 hour round trips to tourneys by yourself and think of how quick you'd be willing to rollover to some of the stuff being thrown around here.

All it is is a difference of opinions.
[/soapbox]

031/021

Smash Cadet
yeah... you guys know me i'll sit down and play whoever I don't care if it's your first time playing i'm always down to play and help give advice...

after I come back from Florida, in like August.
=D

you guys are welcome to stop by my house in south florida anytime! =D

Oh, and i'll have none of this "I'd get ***** by pros" nonsense.

I don't think you guys understand how bad I was for my first two years of smash.

I would've wished I was as good as c@sh mooney, and that is in no way an exaggeration.

I mean... I used to main Zelda.

.... Zelda

I went to FC3 in 2005 with my Zelda.

Got dead last in first round pools.

aw yeah.
Lol, that was un called for D:

Cobrot

Smash Rookie
I may have something that could make Georgia better in the Brawl aspects. Something things that I noticed back when I was living in Nevada. Not that my bit matters, mainly because nobody has ever played me.

Georgia Brawl (not sure if it includes Melee) is Georgia as a whole. As far as I know, California and Nevada have their states divided. I'm not sure about the rest of the Pacific West.

California has NorCal and SoCal and I'm pretty sure those to regions are divided up as well. Nevada has it state divided up by the Metropolitan areas: RenoSmash covers most of Northern Nevada and VegasSmash covers most of Southern Nevada. I was part of VegasSmash before I came here.

If Georgia is divided up, I'm kind of sure that Georgia Brawl will improve.

For the Out of State smashers thing. I think I'd be perfect for that. I'm out of state, out of region, AND out of time zone. just note, I haven't played in a month in a half, and I really haven't made the effort too even though Dogy has made me the offer before.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
if GA was divided.... heh. There's nothing to divide. Not in melee, not in brawl.

Cali's big enough, statewise and community-size wise. GA isnt.

South GA is currently Tom.

Central GA ... well, is me.

"East" GA (we've never really used that term) would be Columbus and Albany.

"West" GA would be Augusta and Savannah.

North GA would be ATL (and neighboring cities), Kennesaw, Stone Mountain, etc.

.......... North GA is the only "community" right now that has more than 2 active people for either game.

___

Dividing the community cant really prove anything.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
stone mountain to kennesaw is kind of far, but i suppose it falls within the "3 hours from each other" thing.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i just read all of your post, Dogy, and wanted to respond...

yeah, i have played Steve Harrison in many games. He will pitch a tent, even in casuals, which i appreciate. i love that he'll play to win no matter the match. he's a very smart player.

and, Chun-Li is very loveable, so i'm glad you mentioned that. you GOTTA stop jumping into EX SBKs.

Cobrot

Smash Rookie
if GA was divided.... heh. There's nothing to divide. Not in melee, not in brawl.

Cali's big enough, statewise and community-size wise. GA isnt.

South GA is currently Tom.

Central GA ... well, is me.

"East" GA (we've never really used that term) would be Columbus and Albany.

"West" GA would be Augusta and Savannah.

North GA would be ATL (and neighboring cities), Kennesaw, Stone Mountain, etc.

.......... North GA is the only "community" right now that has more than 2 active people for either game.

___

Dividing the community cant really prove anything.

Well I wasn't entirely sure about Georgia's smash community, being that I've only lived here for 2 months. I still tend to get lost when I go around Warner Robins, even though the only streets I go on are Watson and Russell.

Top Bottom