• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-Improving Georgia Brawl- *updates*

Purple

Hi guys!
If I asked AntiC to do that he'd probably spit in her face or something >.>
i'd do it if it allows me to beat your *** in some smash bros :D

it is kind of annoyingly flamboyant on how prominent you are

it would be like me doing

^-^

^-^

I ARE ASIAN KEKEKEKE LOLOLOLOL

RICE AND MANGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ^-^
^-^
^-^
^-^

^-^

HEY GUYS THIS IS WHERE I AM FROM
KAWEE DASU NEE?

KEKEKEKE ^-^-^-^-^-^-^

POCKYPOCKYPOCKYPOCKYPOCKYPOCK

yeah, that hurt my soul.

DESUUUUU EX DEE

Player-3

Smash Hero
but..
im almost failing two classes

my grades arent high

my parents are so picky about grades they should be hardcore asian

]:

Purple

Hi guys!
but..
im almost failing two classes

my grades arent high

my parents are so picky about grades they should be hardcore asian

]:

what are your classes? Bring your books to smashfests or tournaments you attend. I can help inbetween matches. Biglou obvious will tutor you because he's a beast.

also player 3, it's a fierce cancelled shoryuken, or maybe a forward shoryuken. jab doesn't link.

Player-3

Smash Hero
no its not that i dont know the stuff its that im too lazy to do the homework so i end up turning it in late and get 70s on it

:D

and i made a 40 on the math test because my friend told me the wrong formulas when i slept through the class
<_______<

hes canadian

go figure

Player-1

Smash Legend
no its not that i dont know the stuff its that im too lazy to do the homework so i end up turning it in late and get 70s on it

:D

and i made a 40 on the math test because my friend told me the wrong formulas when i slept through the class
<_______<

hes canadian

go figure
<3 Ryan ?

lolz @ albino, 95 in honors bio =D

Player-1

Smash Legend
yes ryan

and i had a 90 in bio last year

now i have a 91 in chem

:D?

its my 3rd highest grade... next to web desgin and BAND
lolz 95+ in 5 of my classes, then 1 90 in world history and that's only because I got a 94 last semester in it and it's my 1st period class so I sleep through it now, well now my teacher threatens to give me detention when I do >.>. Then I have an 86 in chandlers class.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
my classes are all really hard =[
Spanish 1 - B
Ap Human Geo- C
Gym- A
Integrated Algebra 1- B
Freshman Gifted English- A
Gifted Biology- C
;(

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Alg. II:49
Physics:65
Span. II:74
L.Arts:79
Java/intro to programming:89
US Hist:74

lol. All CP classes. I am not stupid. I'm just ultra-lazy.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*Storms in*

Calc 2 - A
English 1102 - A
World History after 1500 - B
Mathematics tutoring - A
Linear Algebra - A
Discrete Math - A

btw I'm in college and I lawlz at highschoolers :) /jerk

Oh also... this should be said...

*Watches history of ATL South repeat itself with a fresh batch of people on a different game*

So uh... hi XIF and Sleepy... long time no see... :)

Jx31

Smash Ace
*Storms in*

Calc 2 - A
English 1102 - A
Mathematics tutoring - A
Linear Algebra - A
Discrete Math - A

*Watches history of ATL South repeat itself with a fresh batch of people on a different game*

Go to sleep Gerbil....you and your grades

Rayku

Smash Lord
Geometry is, at worst, a sophomore class. Most people take it their freshman year. It's understood as part of the "normal curriculum" in our county or whatever to be a sophomore class.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i slept through ALL of high school and graduated with good grades/high test scores. i wish college worked the same way...

but to improve the community, skill-wise, everyone has to play each other a little more. studying matchups is key in any game, and smash is no exception to this. i see most players in this state don't even attend smashfests or any kind of gatherings. being in high school/parents don't like your hobby is the most general excuse i hear. find a friend that drives or ask people to give you a ride. i know quite a few in the Melee community have been there to drive me a long distance when i didn't have my car(ex. Tim and Sleepy). just playing isn't enough. when you play, you HAVE to learn from your mistakes. i see too many people in this state fall for the same traps over and over again. when i beat people, i always try to tell them the major points that i took advantage of in order to beat them, so then they can improve. if they get better, then i get better people to play against. it's really that simple.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i still stand by my theory of using chun li's mighty thighs to crush the US into a smaller area so we can have a tighter gaming community.

Purple

Hi guys!
It's a Junior class

It's made to be a freshman/sophmore class, and it's a sophmore class at worst. the only time it's a junior class is when the student takes the basics of algebra course their freshman year.

Marty, i'm using your smart words and putting them into the first post if that's okay with you .

GA Peach

Smash Lord
It's made to be a freshman/sophmore class, and it's a sophmore class at worst. the only time it's a junior class is when the student takes the basics of algebra course their freshman year.

Marty, i'm using your smart words and putting them into the first post if that's okay with you .
i don't mind, i guess...add XIF to the helping of rides example. also, Jamaal, i want to comment on your Metaknight camping comment. i don't agree with you. i think people SHOULD do it simply because it is such a giant part of the metagame(which further confuses me as to why you people continue to support the game as a competitive game, but that's another argument.) bottom line, we have to use every thing available in the metagame to make each other better. that is another reason GA does not get better. people don't practice to their full potential(i.e. won't camp during casuals, won't be "cheap", etc.) if you don't practice against it during casuals, how will you be prepared for competition?

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
*Storms in*

Calc 2 - A
English 1102 - A
Mathematics tutoring - A
Linear Algebra - A
Discrete Math - A

looks like you get to keep hope another semester

S0FT

Smash Ace
One major thing I have noticed and Chaddd said this a whiiiile ago but I didn't really see what he was talking about untill recently. SUPPORT!!
We need to support our fellow Georgia smashers. That includes helping them to improve there game, but mainly cheering them on during tournaments. Especially when they are playing oosers. There is not a greater feeling imo then playing an ooser knowing that all of Georgia is behind you fully supporting you! Chaddd and Biglou are GREAT examples of what that means.

Recently Chaddd has seen me having a hard time in a trny match or getting frustrated, come over and given me a little advice and reminded me to stay calm, and then I will usally go on to win that match. Support makes a big difference!

And BigLou practically watched all my melee matches in florida, even though he was only there for brawl!

To me that is another major thing that rarely ever gets touched on....
We are here to help GEORGIA players, not our favorite player from florida or south carolina or midwest or something....

If we all band together and help each other we are going to improve a lot faster, then with the every man for himself thing that georgia has going right now....

This is teams not a free-for-all.

-------------------------
My thoughts I guess...

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
how to get good at smash brothers:

1) graduate high school
2) meet daniel tong
3) become his roommate
4) get sleepyk to live on your couch
5) ignore all of them because some girl wants you to take her to lunch
6) go to tournaments and lose a lot
7) fill a cup 1/2-2/3 full with tears
8) keep playing until you're really good
9) alright! my first tournament win!
10) you are now 30 years old

Purple

Hi guys!
Hey guys i updated the first page (also s0ft i added your comments about supporting each other and i think it's very true). I also added how i feel about smashers dipping into each other's games.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah. In crew battles, when people are cheering me on and such, it's literally the -greatest- feeling in the world. I love getting supported. I think I recall watching your match with a very good intent vs. Lambchops, Soft.

I remember very specifically at SleepyK's smashfest that I attended, we did a low tier crew battle. I was fighting...you, Soft, your Zelda, and XIF was like "Don't approach. Be cautious." I think that's why I took off one more stock than I was expecting that match, and I ended up taking 5 stocks in the crew battle.

Top Bottom