• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Message If You Didn't Know

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Brawl Friend Codes are NOT the same as Wii Numbers

Plese sticky this, as nice as it is knowing that people want to play me online. I'm annoyed at getting PMs saying, "add my number so we can battle later." It's nice and all, but annoying. Plese don't delete this mods, because this is something everyone here needs to learn.

ChronosMagnum

Smash Apprentice
Another issue are why people are even giving out it the first place? Does the anticipation and hype actually crawl up to your spine and sparks the need to outsource to the masses?

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Im glad you posted something like this.

WII numbers will not be required to play SSBB with friends
you wil recieve a friend code once you buy the game.
then exchange that

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
OP you really believe 12 year olds have that kind of thinking power to figure it out themselves?

Though we really need to keep this bump for the nubs.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Agreed'd

But, what if the mii's have a friend code, you DO use your mii in this game it looks like by some of the wii update... And in strikers you register through the wiis.

Still, it is a little early to be adding even if you know >_<;;

Sticky this please!

Spellman

Smash Ace
Um No

This actually IS something that someone could easily overlook, from playing Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Your Wii Console code doubled as a friend voucher exchange code. And yeah, the Strikers thing too.

The proof that this is not the case however lies in the screen shots on the Wi-Fi announcement. I'm pretty sure that's a 12 digit code they're blurring out on the screenshot, and the Wii console code is 16 digits.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
**** I'm going to loose my code after the first week...

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
OP you really believe 12 year olds have that kind of thinking power to figure it out themselves?

Why must everyone assume fatuous posters are 12/13 year olds? I'm 13 and there is no way I was that dim-witted a year ago; the same goes for everyone in all of my classes. Seriously, try 8/9 year olds...¬¬

And thanks for making a topic about this. Too many people have made topics on GameFAQs to trade FC's solely for SSBB.

aran_fusion

Smash Cadet
I like to exchange Wii codes simply because maybe it will be like MP3 and let you auto-add wii-friends codes.

HZ514

Smash Cadet

Do YOU really believe that all people who don't know things are twelve? Seriously, I've heard that insult way too many times, and each time it sounds dumber. If you actually think that, then, well, there are twelve year olds that are smarter than you. It's also not just "nubs" who don't know things. This is actually something that's not commonly known, or even "easy" to figure out.

Generalizations = -5 Intelligence Points for you.

And yes, it's a weird system. Why did they do it like this?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't have a Wii so I didn't know. Wait a sec, do you get numbers for EVERY online game you're using?

If so, WDF? NINTENDO DID YOU ASK MY 3 YEAR OLD SISTER TO HELP YOU SET-UP WII'S ONLINE?

Kthx.

lukintosh

Smash Ace
Why must everyone assume fatuous posters are 12/13 year olds? I'm 13 and there is no way I was that dim-witted a year ago; the same goes for everyone in all of my classes. Seriously, try 8/9 year olds...¬¬

And thanks for making a topic about this. Too many people have made topics on GameFAQs to trade FC's solely for SSBB.
FOR Un-biasing 13 year olds as "Dim-witted"! Please some 13 year olds may be more intelligent than 15 year olds.

Anyway on topic, this is sticky-worthy stuff! :)

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
haha, don't worry it tells you your FC in the game.
wait, the friend codes arent the numbers you find on the front of your adress book? well, that explains why my friend and I havent been able to send each other messages, but also, if thats not the friend code, then what is? and please, find something else to do then call each other stupid...

Eaode

Smash Champion
I'm going to stick to what Aran_fusion said and say that there is a possibility that you will be able to add all people from your wii list to your Brawl list, like in MP3.

I did happen to PM you for you to add me, but that is in general :)
I hope Brawl will let us transfer like MP3 does.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hope Nintendo just does away with FCs altogether. I don't like the idea of having a list of friends who I can only identify by a 16 digit number.

Well at least brawl lets us make names, that's a start.

Top Bottom