• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-IMPACT- New Jersey Brawl crew-are we even a crew anymore? i miss you guys =(

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
and I love how according to smashboards, I'm third in the crew rankings.... we'll have to change that next practice won't we Tbagz?

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
and I love how according to smashboards, I'm third in the crew rankings.... we'll have to change that next practice won't we Tbagz?
Dont get any funny ideas, i almost beat you, while i was on a bad day. when im on a good day, theres no doubt in my mind i can win. ^.^

and this is regardless of the fact you main with snake who is the TOP TEIR, and snake is a bad match up for metaknight ^.^

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
Dont get any funny ideas, i almost beat you, while i was on a bad day. when im on a good day, theres no doubt in my mind i can win. ^.^

and this is regardless of the fact you main with snake who is the TOP TEIR, and snake is a bad match up for metaknight ^.^
ya ya excuses excuses if it'll make you feel any better I'll pick lucario lol.

and it's controversial as to who really is top tier. meta knight and snake are sort of equal. (even though it's true snake is sort of a counterpick to metaknight)

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
ya ya excuses excuses if it'll make you feel any better I'll pick lucario lol.

and it's controversial as to who really is top tier. meta knight and snake are sort of equal. (even though it's true snake is sort of a counterpick to metaknight)
Well do a best 2/3, official Impact Tournament rules.

whats a good day for you?

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Whenever next practice is (if I can make it to that lol)

well, lets make a date thats good for u?

what new signature? and who are you?
my new signature is awesome. and its Budo.

i made him a signature but for some reason its not working, his should look like this

M

MC Ebin

well i got summer classes from Mon - Thurs 3-6 pm and it takes an hr to get there and back. I'm guessin vipin(bw) already told u how strict our dad is. If u can, pppllzzz if u can lol, try to make it on a fri. or swear to god i will get in a fetel position and cry and i kno u dont want that

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
well i got summer classes from Mon - Thurs 3-6 pm and it takes an hr to get there and back. I'm guessin vipin(bw) already told u how strict our dad is. If u can, pppllzzz if u can lol, try to make it on a fri. or swear to god i will get in a fetel position and cry and i kno u dont want that
ok, how about next friday? we have a crew tournament, stop by with your brother and you can choose who u wanna fight.

edit: i hope you all like the crew banner i made!

M

MC Ebin

Next Fri is as perfect as it can be. We got to get out of the house b4 4:30 or our dad will come back form wrk and force us to stay home lol. i mean we can stay out longer its just, we got to get out of the house b4 that time

Graz69

Smash Cadet
The Crew Rankings are BS cant wait to change my spot this week!!!

and p.s - Money is cool and all but i dont think hes good enough for impact yet, everyone in our crew (except maybe numb) is exceptionally good at brawl and has at least 3 really good alts. Money is good but i dont think he is up to par with the rest of the crew

Graz69

Smash Cadet
i know i dont main with falcon but he is deff the funnest player in my opinion so can i keep this signature i think its bad ***

Neogen

Smash Rookie
So Chibi's officially in huh?

On the MK vs. Snake topic, it is a bad-matchup for Meta-Knight, but "tier wise," they're both top.

Also, the signature doesn't show up if you do quick reply.

Graz69

Smash Cadet
It does show up for quick reply, you just have to check the box that says "show your signature" in the lower right hand

Graz69

Smash Cadet
ohh btw when does otakon end? bc i really wanna do an impact practice its been like 2 weeks since we've had one

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Next Fri is as perfect as it can be. We got to get out of the house b4 4:30 or our dad will come back form wrk and force us to stay home lol. i mean we can stay out longer its just, we got to get out of the house b4 that time
sounds good bro! ill make a date.

dude

nice
tyvm.

So Chibi's officially in huh?

On the MK vs. Snake topic, it is a bad-matchup for Meta-Knight, but "tier wise," they're both top.

Also, the signature doesn't show up if you do quick reply.
yup shes officially in, and MK vs snake is a bad match up for MK, but i dont see how this has anything to do with anything.

AND SUPER CONGRATZ TO THE IMPACT PAGE FOR RECIEVING A 5 STAR RATING!!!

Graz69

Smash Cadet
AND SUPER CONGRATZ TO THE IMPACT PAGE FOR RECIEVING A 5 STAR RATING!!![/QUOTE]

hell yea! impact4life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
you do realize that you just compared 2 horrible brawl players to 2 amazing melee players right?
Joshu and Overswarm aren't horrible players, in fact, they are among the best in the MidWest, most notably Overswarm. They both have very solid tournament results and knowledge about the game. Despite how weird this must sound, saying they are bad is basically saying Mew2King and Azen are bad.

To say the least, they >>> you.

I'm assuming you think lowly of them because of how gay that video was, the fact they are all the way in the MidWest, and the fact you're new to the community. Get to know players lol.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv4R-NoU9T0

compared to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LITiwB-EDp4

Joshu and Overswarm aren't horrible players, in fact, they are among the best in the MidWest, most notably Overswarm. They both have very solid tournament results and knowledge about the game. Despite how weird this must sound, saying they are bad is basically saying Mew2King and Azen are bad.

To say the least, they >>> you.

I'm assuming you think lowly of them because of how gay that video was, the fact they are all the way in the MidWest, and the fact you're new to the community. Get to know players lol.
Ya it may be true that Overswarm is really good but you can't just pick two videos and expect us to accept you're view on which one is better. I like Brawl because it's a slower paced game than Melee. I've played both, heck I was addicted to Melee until Brawl came out. The idea of a final smash as well as a more balanced set of characters appeals to me. There's also a lot more set of techniques and more advanced moves than what melee has.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I was kinda leaning towards how gay camping/long matches = lame, but it's whatever.

I like both anyways, so don't I hope no one thinks I'm anti-Brawl.

Graz69

Smash Cadet
i agree with indianunit, brawl is slower paced and alot more tactical compared to the button mashing of melee

but melee is still a pretty sweet game

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Button mashing of Melee?

For any smash game, button mashing = fail. Smash is wayyy different for those type of fighters where it can actually be someone decent lol.

Saying that makes it kinda seem like you're bashing Melee. The last time I checked, pressing inputs to reduce lag and make your character move faster is far from button mashing. I mean, people do whatever they can in Brawl to make them move faster, it's just waayyyy more limited.

edit:

You can at least say Brawl is easier to pick up and is "more about" tactical play because of the changes, most notably the lack of combos. However, I wouldn't say it is more tactical then Melee. An example can come from the M2K vs Falco set I posted. I mean, how exactly do Marth players deal with such technical Falcos? By button mashing...? I'm afraid not. I'm pretty sure it's alot more then just choosing Snake and tilting out of a shield drop a couple of times.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Button mashing of Melee?

For any smash game, button mashing = fail. Smash is wayyy different for those type of fighters where it can actually be someone decent lol.

Saying that makes it kinda seem like you're bashing Melee. The last time I checked, pressing inputs to reduce lag and make your character move faster is far from button mashing. I mean, people do whatever they can in Brawl to make them move faster, it's just waayyyy more limited.

edit:

You can at least say Brawl is easier to pick up and is "more about" tactical play because of the changes, most notably the lack of combos. However, I wouldn't say it is more tactical then Melee. An example can come from the M2K vs Falco set I posted. I mean, how exactly do Marth players deal with such technical Falcos? By button mashing...? I'm afraid not. I'm pretty sure it's alot more then just choosing Snake and tilting out of a shield drop a couple of times.
alright im afriad im going end this endurably dreadful debate, lets all just agree that smash is an awesome game in general. ^.^

and both games have there Pros and cons. i personally like brawl better, but melee is a fantastic game.

and what you were saying? ive heard they were good players i only watched the first 30 seconds but it was a dull fight, im assuming they were amazing at melee. and im not bashing anyplayer, i respect every smasher in the brawl environment may it be good or bad.

p.s. good to know your not anti-brawl. i hope you know that im not anti-melee. =)

edit: because you see us as new to the community that makes me think you think lowly of us.. get to know us a bit =), im sure you'll love us =D

and i work day and night whenever i can to play. and if i cant play, the last 2 days ive been working on becoming a smart player since i have no one in my house to play me, and i dont have access to my crew 24/7.

lmao its like crack

any updates on mannino, hows he doing at otakon?
ill explain what happened tomorrow.

Graz69

Smash Cadet
alright im afriad im going end this endurably dreadful debate, lets all just agree that smash is an awesome game in general. ^.^

and both games have there Pros and cons. i personally like brawl better, but melee is a fantastic game.

and what you were saying? ive heard they were good players i only watched the first 30 seconds but it was a dull fight, im assuming they were amazing at melee. and im not bashing anyplayer, i respect every smasher in the brawl environment may it be good or bad.

p.s. good to know your not anti-brawl. i hope you know that im not anti-melee. =)

ill explain what happened tomorrow.

ok i hope he did well, was it rays rules or was he allowed to use marth everytime?

btw i wasnt trying to bashmelee, i think its an awesome game i just prefer brawl is all

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
Yo Tbags if there's practice this Tuesday I just realized I won't be able to make it to that. I have a test for my accounting class the Wed after so I have to use all Tuesday to study for it. Go ahead and have practice without me cause I definetly won't be able to come. Sorry about that.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Yo Tbags if there's practice this Tuesday I just realized I won't be able to make it to that. I have a test for my accounting class the Wed after so I have to use all Tuesday to study for it. Go ahead and have practice without me cause I definetly won't be able to come. Sorry about that.
yeah apparently Neo and chibi wont be able to make it either. im thinking of making it this wensday or tomorrow.

Top Bottom