• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Imma Scrub help me improve my d3(video)

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I'll tell you all that I noticed in that match.

Don't use Jab or Uthrow... Just don't.

I know Uthrow to Uair is good but... it doesn't work on an opponent that actually knows how to DI, I think you use too much.

At the end, that was a tipped Dtilt if you didn't know.

There wasn't much I could notice, sorry. :(

If you could actually get more vids of your DeDeDe playing against someone good I could help you more.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Calling things as I see them.

First off, only headbutt once at low percentages.
You do use upthrow a lot. But in some cases it works for you. Don't stop using it, just mix it up with your bthrow.
and I've got to go to bed.

Zip.

Smash Lord
ok watched it(im not good at this but ill give it a shot)
dont roll so much(or at all really..dont roll behind your enemies,youll usually get punished)less up throw,um..try to bring swallow out of nowhere if possible and dont overuse it(there may be more, but im not amazing at critiquing, so..yeah)

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Actually rolling behind your enemy and grabbing is a great strategy for DeDeDe and Falco but not for anybody else.

If you do it too much you'll sure get punished though.

Zip.

Smash Lord
Actually rolling behind your enemy and grabbing is a great strategy for DeDeDe and Falco but not for anybody else.

If you do it too much you'll sure get punished though.
thats kind of what i meant...sorry =p

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Given the amount of inhales, you clearly learned to play Dedede from the same place RATED did lol.

As far as using uthrow goes, the first time you did it when you were on a platform was ok, (bthrow or fthrow would've done more damage though) but every time you did it when you were on the stage was a bad idea. When you're on the stage and you grab your opponent, your best option is to chaingrab them (except for the few times where your opponent is easily gimpable and you're at the edge of the stage facing towards the center in which case it's best to bthrow -> bair WoP).

Also, I don't think I saw you pummel at all. You should do that.

Other than that, not bad.

And sMexy, Jab isn't that bad.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Not in my eyes.

You get hit by hitting them, its just like Mario and Jiggs Dtilt.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
o ya i kno that(duh) sometimes i foget to do it from the chaingrabs but i guess i should go grab pummel dthrow repeat..

Zinayzen

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a very good player myself, but then again I've only had the game for about four days.

It looked like you were attempting chain grabs, but you kept dash grabbing or missing. remember to shield cancel the dash first, and then grab.

Kaybee

Smash Rookie
When playing a heavy replace your u-throw > u-air with d-throw > d-tilt.... its 100% safe and does identical damage and don't quote me on this but I think I noticed somewhere along the line that d-tilt does 10% and doesn't suffer from normal decay.

Against floaties (Pit included) the u-throw to u-air is ok if you notice your opponent doesn't DI well. If he does switch to d-throw to f-tilt. The f-tilts insane range again means a free hit for decent damage and there is very little chance of punishment.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
lol thats kind of what i figured since it does a decent lil damage and it could possibly set upp in to otherr stuff?
You're correct about the decent damage, but it can never lead into another attack for a combo, no way :D.
If you practice B-Reversal, that's where it's most handy.
You can abuse Inhale as much as you want because your opponent controls the knockback of how far, and it'll never kill anyways XD. Use it more dude, I'm tellin ya.

Top Bottom