• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB 5: MN vs WI: The Crew Battle: The Tournament

ORLY

Smash Master
I haven't talked to Zeb or Rat about a ride, but if I can't get confirmation from them within the next two days, I'll probably be looking to go with Jeff's car.

CACTUAR STAMINA PANCAKEEE

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I haven't talked to Zeb or Rat about a ride, but if I can't get confirmation from them within the next two days, I'll probably be looking to go with Jeff's car.

CACTUAR STAMINA PANCAKEEE
I'm driving.

I'll pick you up on the way.

Meneks and DieSuperFly are probably coming with me.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I can house some people, but probably not a ton like last time. What day(s) do people need housing?

For anyone drinking, you might want to stay at Sanchaz's or Frank's house, since you can walk to and from the bars.

Amanze

Smash Apprentice
Minnesota would have 5 People on Friday (Me, Randall, Isaiah, Max, and Matt) and only 1 potential on Saturday Chris.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Yeah i might come to this..

If I don't have to stay in cheeselandia for a night >__>
See following post.

WI parties hard, just ask Quaz.
Always. Go big or go home, *****es.

I can house some people, but probably not a ton like last time. What day(s) do people need housing?

For anyone drinking, you might want to stay at Sanchaz's or Frank's house, since you can walk to and from the bars.
I got another tube TV if we can crash at your place. I only have me and kirsten. Spikes (hopefully) is coming in another car

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Trying to request off work still. I can only make it to the crew battle now, not singles, :(. I'll know by Thursday.

Accepting mm's if I can't enter singles. None of this $1 bull**** either.

Amanze

Smash Apprentice
Also, MN is probably bring 5 people. What 5 people will be on the Wisconsin Crew?

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I can house you guys Amanze. I can prob only host 10 people tops (only), so maybe two more small cars.

Zicore are you going out drinking on Friday? I don't need another huge CRT if that is what you were suggesting. We still have the other big one you brought. If it's just for the weekend, that's always welcome.

Someone should bring an extra melee copy, since someone stole my backup at the last Chicago tourney. I've only got one full setup right now.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
So, instead of needing housing I have to drive there the day of. The only problem is that the earliest I can leave is 8, so we wont get there until after 11.

Is this ok? Can you sign up us three before hand so we don't miss out on teams?

Zicore

Smash Champion
I can house you guys Amanze. I can prob only host 10 people tops (only), so maybe two more small cars.

Zicore are you going out drinking on Friday? I don't need another huge CRT if that is what you were suggesting. We still have the other big one you brought. If it's just for the weekend, that's always welcome.

Someone should bring an extra melee copy, since someone stole my backup at the last Chicago tourney. I've only got one full setup right now.
It's a small 13inch tube tv. Figured you guys could use it for your smashfests. We don't use it, as we got a nice big flat screen. But I know me, kirsten, and spikes call dibs on this house. And I know me and spikes are gonna go drink. Kirsten is gonna DD.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
It's a small 13inch tube tv. Figured you guys could use it for your smashfests. We don't use it, as we got a nice big flat screen. But I know me, kirsten, and spikes call dibs on this house. And I know me and spikes are gonna go drink. Kirsten is gonna DD.
I wish I could make it man, good ****ing times

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Yeah the 13 incher sounds great. You all can chill at my place, but there might not be enough sleep space, so we can disperse later. My address is 7206 Tempe Dr, Madison. I'll be there at 6:00, so any time after that will work.

I'm going to do some streaming at this tourney too. My stream is http://www.twitch.tv/mundungu. Can you put that in the OP Sam?

Zicore

Smash Champion
IF I go, can I go out with you guys on Friday Night Zicore?
For sure duder. The more the merrier. Fishbowls and dead nazi shots allllll night long. Just FYI, we are getting trashed.

are you blokes going out sat night as well? Hypothetically, i could make that one. friday i'll be busy
I am fairly sure we were gonna stay saturday night if there was housing. I'd like to now that you can drink.

I wish I could make it man, good ****ing times
Come out saturday man. Bring kelly. He needs to drink more.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Cactuar Stamina Pancake Ruleset

1. loser of last match picks a stage
2. both players random
3. winner of last match chooses to re-random his character, his opponents, or pass.
4. loser of last match chooses to re-random his character, his opponents, or pass.
5. play game

repeat until set is over

Sets are best of 7 (stamina mode is 1 stock)

2 stage bans per set

RPS or judgement hammers or something to decide who flips first for game 1.
game 1 stage is random.

Banned stages:
temple
depths
icicle mountain

the rest are legal

Mundungu

Smash Lord
One flip each game. The first game should prob be on neutral stages too, but I guess it doesn't matter that much.

If someone has a microphone, can you bring it to this? I've got headsets, but only one audio input port, so it might be awkward without one.

Also THIS happened at tonight's smashfest. Get hype for the greatest ruleset!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Quaz, you should bring it, I can try to work it in. Maybe we'll get 2 inputs going.

Anyone else have a normal audio input mic?

Cactuar, you should run this on the east coast. I can only assume this is going to be the best event at this tournament (either that or ganon challenge crews if it happens).

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Cactuar: it's great because any 'broken" strat like fox+onett gets canceled by not choosing your character. And even if you do it's only 1 game in a Bo7.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Cactuar Stamina Pancake Ruleset

1. loser of last match picks a stage
2. both players random
3. winner of last match chooses to re-random his character, his opponents, or pass.
4. loser of last match chooses to re-random his character, his opponents, or pass.
5. play game

repeat until set is over

Sets are best of 7 (stamina mode is 1 stock)

2 stage bans per set

RPS or judgement hammers or something to decide who flips first for game 1.
game 1 stage is random.

Banned stages:
temple
depths
icicle mountain

the rest are legal
I think we can all agree that this should take the place of singles.

Top Bottom