• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB 4: Summer in Madison

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Date: Saturday, April 14th

Parking is a few blocks to the Southeast and is labeled "lot 91" at 115 N Frances Street

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&b...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CDkQ8gEwAA

Prices: $5.00 venue fee (includes pizza!)
About Tink's level Melee singles and doubles
$10.00 Brawl singles
$20.00 Brawl doubles ($10 per person)
$2.00 or $5.00 Side events

Payout: 60/30/10 doubles
60/30/10 singles

If 30+ entrants,
1st- 55%
2nd – 25%
3rd- 10%
4th- 5%
5th- 2.5% each

Schedule:

11:00 AM - Venue opens/registration starts
12:00 PM - Brawl doubles
12:00 PM – Melee doubles
3:00 PM - Brawl singles
4:00 PM – Melee singles
11:00 PM - Venue closes

Street Fighter, UMvC3, Mario Kart: Double Dash:, Special Melee will be held throughout the day as well.

Melee Rules:

- Items off.
- 4 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on., life stealing allowed.
- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers semis, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned.
- Stalling is banned. This includes any excessive use of tactics like rising pound and wall-bombing in order to deliberately delay the match.
- Glitches like the Ice Climbers' freeze glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are also banned.
- Wobbling is banned.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser cannot pick a stage he or she has won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. Additionally, if both players agree to play on a banned stage, that stage may be played as well.
- Gentleman's Clause: If the two players agree on a change in a rule, like choosing a banned stage, they are allowed to do so. If there is no agreement, standard rules apply.

Stages:

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64

Set format:

1. Both players select characters. Double blind can be called if necessary.
2. Stage striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in a 1-2-1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for all consecutive matches until the set is complete.

Brawl Rules:

The Unity Ruleset:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032
MK is BANNED

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Rules:

-Default settings
-3 out of 5 matches.
-Loser may change characters/assists. Winner cannot change characters or assists (character lock).
-Both players may alter their order by holding A1 or A2 during loading.

Mario Kart: Double Dash Rules:
-2/3 races, 3/5 finals, 1v1, items set to basic, 150 cc
- First race track is chosen at random; subsequent races loser picks track (Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect for best of 5), Mirror Mode tracks are counterpickable. Winner of previous match may ban one track. Winner of previous match may switch racers, then loser may switch racers.
-Rock Paper Scissors for first character choice, then 1-2-1

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Note that this is a DIFFERENT VENUE than normal due to renovations at the original building. Tournaments will resume at the normal baller venue next fall.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
since there's a sttf on the same day it'll probably just be WI unless MN shows up
teams should be $5
people should be careful with the parking since apparently only part of the lot is free on weekends

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Awesome, looks fun. I will be posting on SRK. I will be accepting mm's ranging from melee to whatever.

Cross tekken is a must. Hype. I don't think I want to run street fighter. Hopefully peeps show up these games.

ORLY

Smash Master
i'll play friendlies in sfxt but i haven't had anywhere near the amount of practice i'd like in order to enter a tournament for it

also: the ladder is gonna reach to the sky

Zicore

Smash Champion
Dunno. I just got a supervisor position, and I doubt I will be able to make it. We shall see.

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
Here I come for the second time.

YoshQ and I taking melee doubles this time :p

Falcon FFA's anyone?

LOA, you're mine this time around, if we meet in bracket, that is.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Falcon free for all's are HIGHLY encouraged and will be recorded by me.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Smashing Grounds V: The Final Frontier 1
May 26th, 2012

Smashing Grounds is back! Going to be running tournaments every 2 weeks with a few large events over the summer. I would love to see my favorite wischeesconites in May! As I said, I want to host more over the summer, so let me know any conflicting dates you have so I can schedule accordingly.

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
Smashing Grounds V: The Final Frontier 1
May 26th, 2012

Smashing Grounds is back! Going to be running tournaments every 2 weeks with a few large events over the summer. I would love to see my favorite wischeesconites in May! As I said, I want to host more over the summer, so let me know any conflicting dates you have so I can schedule accordingly.
more tournamentss :D there is a god haha

:phone:

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Sorry CFR, but I'm learning how to play against Falcon, so if we meet in bracket I'm taking you out again!
And good luck in doubles...

I need to play JoshQ again, too.

And Gio, I want to play you as well.

This is looking to be a good tournament.

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
Sorry CFR, but I'm learning how to play against Falcon, so if we meet in bracket I'm taking you out again!

fosho..ur going down thou lol

:phone:

Triple R

Smash Lord
MN is seeing who is interested in going right now. Not sure on specific people, but we'll probably have a car coming.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
well...quaz has a better attitude than I do.

Question: Is parking free?

A portion of the parking lot is suppose to remain free all weekend. At least according to the website Frootloop pulled up. I can try talking to transportation services to be sure.

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
Falcon free for all's are HIGHLY encouraged and will be recorded by me.
I love this ^^^ I hope to have more footage of me on the YouTubes :)

LOA, why would you do this to me! Haha, j/k. I just hope I don't face you right off the bat just in case you do beat me.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think I'd be up for this, depending on work. I haven't played smash in awhile but thats true about all the times I play :p Probably would just sit in the 2D corner again D:

sanchaz

Smash Lord
A portion of the parking lot is suppose to remain free all weekend. At least according to the website Frootloop pulled up. I can try talking to transportation services to be sure.
Good **** modrater!

Top Bottom