• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm trying to start a competitive scene in Philly

Groose

Smash Champion
I know that there has been a "Bring Back Philly" movement lately. There has been a competition a month or so in Glenside, which isn't far at all from the city. I haven't been able to go to any, but I'm looking into next months.

Anyway, I'll look into your Reddit now.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I know most of us are waiting for Smash 4. I think Xzax and Vex are the only ones from Philly that are still active. Even KT kinda drifted off I think.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I'd attend a fest or something rarely. I need to still get back and scratch that itch every now and then. I plan on going to Woz's tournament in Dec. I'd be up for getting some practice in before then sometime.

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
Hey guys. ive been out of the game for 5 years. I now have some free time and would like to dabble in melee again. I live just outside of Philly. If there friendlies being held anywhere, please make me aware id be happy to get my ass kicked. Thanks!

Koopa|o.O

Smash Cadet
Currently living in center city, me and 2 other friends smash almost daily. Down to go to tourneys. Anyone who lives close (ish) and wants to train/etc hit me up doe.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Currently living in center city, me and 2 other friends smash almost daily. Down to go to tourneys. Anyone who lives close (ish) and wants to train/etc hit me up doe.

I'd be down for playing sometime. You guys on a campus somewhere?

Koopa|o.O

Smash Cadet
If you don't have a facebook, please make one even if you only use it for the philly smash group. That's where all the local gettogethers are organized.

Koopa|o.O

Smash Cadet
Lol alright. Im just saying we don't pOst on smashboards about smashfests and stuff. So if you dont have one you're missing out.

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
I'll miss out then. If you guys want to post on facebook rather than a centralized site dedicated for that sort of thing, I'll miss out then so be it.

Koopa|o.O

Smash Cadet
Well the thing is that it's easier to link up with people via the facebook group because everyone gets a notification. At least for smashfests

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We should post on Smashboards too so everyone can see it. Not everyone wants to use Facebook. I'm down for this.

Top Bottom