• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm the next NinjaLink...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Oh...

Uhh, well saying "Glide Toss better" isn't the best of ways to say that...saying what exactly I'm doing wrong would be constructive criticism, saying that I'm doing it wrong is just trolling.

If you want me to start doing things like dribbling, lolz, nothx. I can do it just fine, but it's just pointless flash 99.9% of times. If you have actual critique though, then you should tell me :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
There are certain ways of glidetossing that much more effecting.
Dribbling is actually pretty useful.
You just gotta be smarter, you played pretty stupid in some of the games.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Well glide tossing can be offensive and defensive and dribbling is very good actually and you should learn it if you actually want to become good with diddy. Glide tossing backwards in any fashion is usually defensive and forward is offensive it all depends on the situation. Dribbling is good because it gives you space and you still have your banana. So i.e. suppose snake would ftilt you, you can dribble backwards to escape it and then punish him, like a wavedash. Glide tossing backwards throwing it forward gives you less time to punish him so dribbling would be a better option.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Try to roll less. You become predictable. When you glidetoss backwards, you become less vulnerable to their attacks because it is so much faster than rolling.

at 4:00 in the third vid, if you grabbed the ledge you could have won. you focus too much on hitting him when he gets back on the stage, that you forget that you can edgehog him. You need to z drop bananas to dair if the banana hits. You Dthrew it when you tried to edgeguard him. When you drop it, the banana goes slow so they try to either air dodge and won't make it to the stage or use their up b immediately and get hit by the banana, or get hit by the banana and then use up b. After they get hit use the dair and you get a Ko on him.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
There are certain ways of glidetossing that much more effecting.
Dribbling is actually pretty useful.
You just gotta be smarter, you played pretty stupid in some of the games.
You think someone with so many posts would be more useful...

Play smarter? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Use more bananas? Use less bananas?
Be more aggressive? Be less aggressive?
Space better?
Jump more?

"Play smarter" is all-encompassing. That's not sound advice at all.

who ever that marth player is. Plays like crap.
Shut up. Seriously. Insulting the opponent is never true, and it's never good advice. I've had people tell me that my opponent sucked when it was GDX (I'm sure you've heard of him, right?) because I won by a large margin. In words you can understand, "lrn2analyze"

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I should safely pressure the marth. Cool.

Should I pressure him with bananas? Should I pressure him with well spaced ftilts? Should I pressure him with lagless Side Bs? Should I pressure him with dash attacks?

Should I pressure him with all of the above? Because if you're dealing with someone new, you shouldn't just say "pressure the marth", you should say "Against marth, good ways to pressure him are..." etc.

Also, the last time I asked for critique, I was told to be more aggressive. So I became more aggressive. Now I'm being told to be less aggressive. So I guess I'll try that. But really, you can't just tell people to do such vague things when giving critique, you have to be specific.

Count

Smash Champion
My only advice would be to use bananas more, but that depends on your style of diddy. I didn't watch much of the videos, but another tip I might have is to constantly keep the pressure on, especially vs marth. I've always felt that vs marth the less time he had to think to space you for a tipper and what not, the more at the advantage you are. I like your diddy, it has a lot of uniqueness to it. Hopefully this post is fairly helpful.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
The reason that dribbling and glide tossing in different directions are useful is that it creates mindgames; messes with their heads. You just keep going at the opponent and try to hit them with the banana. Short, simple tactic that can be easily avoided. So mix up your banana game. Also, try to get used to having two out.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, Dribbling is the "Angelic Step" of the Diddy boards. Something cool that the players found that they really want to implement into their game, but is incredibly situational and there are oftentimes better options.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
hardly. dribbling is great for movement and quick retaliation, any diddy pro would be able to tell you that. it is quite useful; iono where you get this highly situational crap from.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hardly. dribbling is great for movement and quick retaliation, any diddy pro would be able to tell you that. it is quite useful; iono where you get this highly situational crap from.
huh? but dribbling is situational, especially single dribbling. Not to say it doesnt look cool, because i admit it does :laugh:

to me personally, dribbling seems more situational than it would to other people, because i'd rather not use it for regular movement, ie. single dribbling away or towards someone. i just prefer fox-trotting, or walking. Other people like to move that way, so it seems less situtational to them.

so i guess really, dribbling is as situational as the diddy kong itself.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
oh boy @ the title of this thread
Its a difference between using everyone and using everyone AT HIGH LEVEL ^_^

Top Bottom