• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm considering picking up mewtwo

gsman

Smash Rookie
What does he cover that fox and samus don't as far as matchups and such(other than looking cooler)? I know picking him up will help my matchups verses mewtwo, but i dont get those often, so I'm thinking it may not help much unless he covers something the other two don't. Post your thoughts and suggestions on this, please.

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
Well m2 doesn't really have too many great match ups.
So if you want a character for match ups, pick up sheik lol.
But i mean m2 is more fun to play as imo

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
What does he cover that fox and samus don't as far as matchups and such(other than looking cooler)? I know picking him up will help my matchups verses mewtwo, but i dont get those often, so I'm thinking it may not help much unless he covers something the other two don't. Post your thoughts and suggestions on this, please.
(Some of this is copy/pasted from another thread, but it's still me...)

OK, I've mained Mewtwo since long before I started playing competitivly. Here's my advice to you: If you're going to play Mewtwo, be prepaired to loose in the beginning. A lot. The character has a steep learing curve cause of his weight, floatiness, situational attacks, ect. Once you get it down though, Mewtwo's a joy to use. This doesn't make him a good character, but he can be devistating when used right. He's actually a good match-up against Fox and Falco because of the space-animal's terribly gimp-worthy recoveries. Mewtwo can handle just about any character (C. Falcon is a toughy though.). Playing Mewtwo to learn how to counter him is an interesting way to go about it, but you might end up liking the character enough to secondary him despite his mountian of faults. OK I'm done.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
don't play as anyone unless they feel right that way we have less over ranged marths and you will have fun the main reason people play games

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Tell you the truth i mained him in the first place just because i like his dodge it was just 2 smooth

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
elvenarrow3000 why you want to win is because it's fun and you want to argue with me in anyway you can so you can win this which is fun for and seeing how you can't win an argument with me you will be Pi$$ off so think before you argue with the crazy

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I don't think he was arguing... I'm pretty sure he was just making a statement. I play to win too, even if I do use Mewtwo, however you decide to do it doesn't matter as long is at yields the ideal results.

quak

Smash Champion
elvenarrow3000 why you want to win is because it's fun and you want to argue with me in anyway you can so you can win this which is fun for and seeing how you can't win an argument with me you will be Pi$$ off so think before you argue with the crazy
i will tho

ur a ***got

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I actually don't find winning fun. Losing is fun for me because it reminds me that there's still a higher level out there.

Also, INSANE CARZY GUY, I really don't try to argue with you. I'd have to constantly decipher your ridiculous typing and you don't really care about logic anyway, Mr. "Pichu-destroys-Faclo".

gsman

Smash Rookie
That's alot of replys and some good info. I think I will pick up mewtwo, any suggestions on things i should learn to do straight off? Say, wavedashing(I already can do that, I think)

quak

Smash Champion
that's why we have guide

click sig

EDIT: oh **** it's not on there, just go one page back, it's stickied

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
can't we all get along????? *sniff* Mewtwo is a fun character... Winning is all what you make it to be. There are also ways to have fun with the game.. Mewtwo is just a bad*** character,

let's all just play Mewtwo and have fun!

gsman

Smash Rookie
that's why we have guide

click sig

EDIT: oh **** it's not on there, just go one page back, it's stickied
I know there's a guide, I'm asking what to learn first, that's not in the guide. oh, andyes, we can all just get along, V3torMan.

Top Bottom