• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm A Bit Freaked

IceEmblem

Smash Journeyman
Constantly inside a R.O.B Halloween Costume
Well, i'm hosting this toruny right, and this guy offered to help me since hes 18 and says he has more experience.
We talked over email (don't worry, i havn't givin out any info) but he has asked me if i want to come over to his house, he said i could bring some friends and stuff.
Now im not stupid i wouldn't go over to his house, but the wierd thing is he gave me the invitation to have friends come aswell, now either this guy is got some sort of weapon to threaten us with if he is a rappist, or hes ligit.
I said we could meet in the mall if he wants, if he says you want to go back to my place i can just say no sorry, and say cya, and if he holds me i can yell HELP ME, I THINK HE WANTS TO **** ME.
so what is your guys interpretation on this?
If he asks me again i will have no hesitation to call the police.
Maybe he was just being nice, but you can't be to careful.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
The guy comes off as a bit suspicious, but it could have been a joke. If he keeps persisting you come over, just don't. Easy. He may just be an over-dependant person.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
The smash community is very friendly and when new people meet one another that are geographically close the natural progression is to meet and play. That's just the nature of the game and community.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
SWF is an amazing source for meeting new people. Smashers are the friendliest strangers you'll ever meet. My friend drove from Utah to Pennsylvania, and instead of renting a hotel every night, he just had me go around asking random smashers in the Regional Zones to take care of him-- and that they did.

SWF-- free housing across the world.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Go to him if he has cake, unless it's a lie of course...lol

Smashers are usually nice people. This guy is on SWF right? I can totally understand your concern and I'm probably hypocritical because I wouldn't go near him.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
SWF is an amazing source for meeting new people. Smashers are the friendliest strangers you'll ever meet. My friend drove from Utah to Pennsylvania, and instead of renting a hotel every night, he just had me go around asking random smashers in the Regional Zones to take care of him-- and that they did.

SWF-- free housing across the world.
Amazing.

That said, there's a small group of SWFers in my area (Tuscaloosa, AL). Haven't reached out since I'm too busy with my startup Smash group but it'd be nice to have other local people to play.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
Could you be any more paranoid, though I think if he wanted to try something with you he would not want you to come with friends, chillax.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
"Don't be a *****, this guy sounds legit." - I wish I still had that pic. Meh I personally wouldn't be worried but that's just me, especially if he said you can bring some friends. Maybe I'm just too optimistic though... No that's not me. Oh and he doesn't want to **** you, stop flattering yourself ;P

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Nah, you're fine. The chances of this man even wanting to **** you are extremely low, if present at all. We all just want to play Smash here. We have...acceptable tastes
Besides, you said the invitation included your friends. He wouldn't try anything if your friends were with you. Strength in numbers as they say.

Btw, for the lolz...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Now that you mention this, there was a dude from SWF that I met once, normally I'm a paranoid guy but for some reason I didn't consider the same things as you. It all went fine though, good luck with your meeting.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
IceEmblem update us on whats going down, I've become slightly interested on how the encounter will turn out.

Also if hes from this site he might have already seen this thread.

OfftheChain, you have the most mesmerizing signature on SWF.

*smodprops*
My man.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
I personally wouldn't go just because it's my nature not to trust people easily. Though, if you really think that he is legit, so with friends just in case. How old are you btw?

Top Bottom