• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illinois Elmwood Over9000 3/14/09

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok, depending on how many people go in the vehicle that I go in, I'll bring my TV, Wii, and cube if necessary.

Make that a pending thing though, studly! Can't bring a TV if it's too cramped, but I'm pretty positive I can bring the Wii.

Btw, make sure to have all characters/stages unlocked on your Wiis people, and have all characters/stages unlocked saved on your memory cards for Melee!

EDIT: Will yelling of any sort be allowed at the tourney btw, studly? It'd be pretty awesome if it's allowed because I get really animated during this kind of stuff sometimes lol :p

studly

Smash Ace
lol yelling is allowed but lower the swearing just a little...

and yeah thanks to the other guys for the advice but ive read most of those threads a dozen times

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i may need one person to bring a TV

i need Wii's

we are also hoping to have a projector up displaying the current brackets

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also this is my first tournament.... any advice from anyone?
hopefully to keep me from doing something horribly wrong
Iif i can go, I could bring a TV, Wii, and my laptop which has tio tournament organizer on it (makes brackets), and i can get some brawl matches recorded too on it. lmao thats if i can go. :dizzy:

hankydysplasia

Smash Cadet
I was going to have a recording setup in time, but it got shipped to the wrong place (I'll have it for sure by the next tournament, if I can go.) I will have a Wii, but I'll only be able to stay until a little after the end of the Brawl tournament because I have a big family dinner in Hanna City.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
alright, my friends coming at 4 for the melee. I'm bringing 3 people (including me), i'm not bringing the TV though. gonna be tight!!

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'll be bringing a TV, a cube, melee & my memory card.

Btw Anthony, are the friends you're bringing those two that went to that Melee tourney awhile back? I want a rematch ^_^

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Sounded like some people from the smashfest today are planning on coming to this.
I don't think I'll be able to make it though :(
chewwy, I had a lot of fun in that set against your weegee/samus. I def. don't consider you a brawl kid anymore, and you should REALLY try to make it out to more melee, man, you've got hella potential, I can't imagine how good you'd be if you kept playing
btw, I beat Blake 6-5 in grand finals. The set was close as ****. Will be on youtube eventually
And Peoria, I'm going to this, but it's only gunna be me and samurai. Is Rashad going to come?
Also, I will money match you, Josh.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, Rashad's money supply is running on EXTREMELY ****ING LOW, so he can't make it :/. Should still be some good matches dude, me and Josh have gotten a lot better, at least I think so :p.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I'll be bringing a TV, a cube, melee & my memory card.

Btw Anthony, are the friends you're bringing those two that went to that Melee tourney awhile back? I want a rematch ^_^
yea, coming for only melee though

chewyy

Smash Ace
chewwy, I had a lot of fun in that set against your weegee/samus. I def. don't consider you a brawl kid anymore, and you should REALLY try to make it out to more melee, man, you've got hella potential, I can't imagine how good you'd be if you kept playing
btw, I beat Blake 6-5 in grand finals. The set was close as ****. Will be on youtube eventually
And Peoria, I'm going to this, but it's only gunna be me and samurai. Is Rashad going to come?
Also, I will money match you, Josh.
Yeah, I might start playing again :p
I need to buy a memory card though :dizzy:

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Haha, the tournament was fun. Dude, studly, there wasn't audio on the recording, so i'ma just put in music for it, suggestions?

studly

Smash Ace
Haha, the tournament was fun. Dude, studly, there wasn't audio on the recording, so i'ma just put in music for it, suggestions?
im gonna go with legion on that

yeah so that was semi-successful ...

thanks to everyone who helped me out... to Anthony and Josh for supporting the idea
...and to tomacawk and samurai for coming down

had fun playing everybody in melee. Get a venue that isn't ridiculously hard to find next time :p
as the venue is concerned... i really dont know where else i could do it around here.. but if someone from pekin or peoria were to give me some venue options, i would most deffinately consider it

if i run another one of these it will have alot more attention given to the melee side of the tourney... it deserves more feedback

oh and thanks to you guys for making me realise melee is worth playing... hopefully ill be able to pick it up

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah dude studly, your crew was surprisingly decent at Melee even for not playing it much ^_^. It'd be pretty awesome if you guys got better at it for sure dude! Just gotta spend some time playing it, whether it be practicing tech skill with CPUs/controller-plugged-in-with-no-one-playing-on-it, or playing other people, you'll definitely get better.

Btw, gg's on Brawl, I've decided I'm just going to stick to Wario from now on I guess because no one else catches my fancy. Too bad he gets owned so hard by grab releases...but oh well...DON'T GET GRABBED! And Legion, I'm still kicking my forehead for picking Olimar. UGH!!!

Skirby

Smash Cadet
woah wow
that was fun
:)
i should realy practice more with my kirby
blah im trying to pick up pit
which is doing well but i loosing my skill in kirby

studly

Smash Ace
Yeah dude studly, your crew was surprisingly decent at Melee even for not playing it much ^_^. It'd be pretty awesome if you guys got better at it for sure dude! Just gotta spend some time playing it, whether it be practicing tech skill with CPUs/controller-plugged-in-with-no-one-playing-on-it, or playing other people, you'll definitely get better.

Btw, gg's on Brawl, I've decided I'm just going to stick to Wario from now on I guess because no one else catches my fancy. Too bad he gets owned so hard by grab releases...but oh well...DON'T GET GRABBED! And Legion, I'm still kicking my forehead for picking Olimar. UGH!!!
i entered the melee one because you needed a 10$... yeah but now.... were gonna pick it up... ill look forward to playing you guys again...

Tomacawk

Smash Master
does AiB have this tourny in their tourny section?
and you fools need to post in the melee section of AiB, I will for sure notice you there and help you out, I can't keep up with anything here besides the fox boards
EDIT-results thread?

hankydysplasia

Smash Cadet
I had a great time as well. Nice playing everyone.

I thought the venue was fine, and now everyone that was there at least knows where it is. Google Maps lead me right to it.

an8676 - My wife is from Hanna City too - on Smithville Road. That's pretty crazy. I just figured I was the best smasher in Hanna City every time I went there. I'm gonna add your friend code next time I boot up my Wii (probably later this week). Maybe I'll see you online sometime. Post the links to the video when you get a chance!

- Tyler

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
I had a great time as well. Nice playing everyone.

I thought the venue was fine, and now everyone that was there at least knows where it is. Google Maps lead me right to it.

thats funny, because my google map directions gave wrong turns, so we called someone at the venue for direction, and there was a part where it said keep following signs and stuff.

hankydysplasia

Smash Cadet
thats funny, because my google map directions gave wrong turns, so we called someone at the venue for direction, and there was a part where it said keep following signs and stuff.
Hmmm.... That's weird. I was going a very backwoods way from Hanna City down some roads where I didn't pass anyone, but it got me there.

I was using the GPS on my iPhone though, so maybe that's different than the maps from a computer.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
studly needs to make a results thread.
Melee was First-Tomacawk Second-EPSucks/Dart1337 Third-Anthony/An(numbers)
Bralw was First-Anthony Second-EPSucks/Dart13337 Third-IDK

studly

Smash Ace
the results are saved on Egan's computer and i asked him to post a results thread but it appears as if he didnt acknowledge that request

ill head over to his house after work and make sure it gets posted... sorry for that

Skirby

Smash Cadet
heeey
sooo this has nothing to do with smash buuut
ahh my bday is wed
but im planing on going paintballing this sat so if any of u guysss wanna goo u should deff
get at meh
^.^
cuz i would be sweet to hang out wif u guys

this means i to lazy to send u guys messages personally
and its less creepy this way
XD

ahh i just noticed that
its still creepy
even asking it here
T^T
blahh

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
heeey
sooo this has nothing to do with smash buuut
ahh my bday is wed
but im planing on going paintballing this sat so if any of u guysss wanna goo u should deff
get at meh
^.^
cuz i would be sweet to hang out wif u guys

this means i to lazy to send u guys messages personally
and its less creepy this way
XD

ahh i just noticed that
its still creepy
even asking it here
T^T
blahh

paintball as in carbine starts, no shield, and no radar?

;-)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
does AiB have this tourny in their tourny section?
and you fools need to post in the melee section of AiB, I will for sure notice you there and help you out, I can't keep up with anything here besides the fox boards
EDIT-results thread?
i put it up there. should be on there, but there's no results page on it.

Man, i really wanted to record some melee matches too. >,<

Top Bottom