• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illinois Elmwood Over9000 3/14/09

studly

Smash Ace
Elmwood Over 9000
March 14th
A smash tournament
615 E Ash St
Elmwood Illinois

(big white church on east Ash street. top of the hill and just a bit farther)

elmwood is about 30 minutes south of peoria off of interstate 74 (exit 71)
make sure you have my phone number to call me if you have any trouble

noon register and friendlies
1pm Brawl singles
4pm melee singles

10 dollar entry fee for each tournament
(there is no venu fee)

50% to 1st
35% to 2nd
15% to 3rd

Brawl Singles
Double elimination
10 dollar entry fee

DDD's standing infinite is banned

Melee singles
Double elimination
also a 10 dollar entry fee

here are the rules im probably going to use for both tournaments
brawl
• 3 stock
• 2/3 sets
• 3/5 finals
• 8 minute time limit
• Items off

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735
melee
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137382

we need melee setups and any extra wii's or TV's would be greatly aprechiated
i so if you have any question or want to talk to me about either bringing a setup or helping get the melee tournament running please contact me

my contact information
Global.server@gmail.com
myspace.com/globalserver
(309) 231-4799

Elmwood Over 9000

i would really like for this to be treated semi casually.... but it is a tournament with prize money so if enough people show then were gonna have a decent sized pot
there will be a chance to order pizza and we will have pop

if not enough people show in its just the GS group then it will be treated as a crew meetup

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
nice. I'm most likely in. depends on how many people going.

studly

Smash Ace
I might go to this, depends on how many people are going. :)
suspecting somewhere around twentyfive people and hopefully more if we can the get word out

also Elmwood doesnt have alot of places to eat this time of year... so we may be supplying food somewhere around 3pm

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Why in the world would you make payout 50/35/15? The winner takes home some 5 bucks more than 2nd place? hahaha.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
oo, I would probably be interested, but there is going to be a smash lan in springfield that same weekend :-(
it's not a smash LAN, you scrub. (that is on Friday, anyway)
imho winning a set by 1 stock doesn't justify you taking home 90 dollars and 2nd going home with 10, I personally think 50/35 is pretty descent
nobody does a 90/10/0 payout

I'll see if anyone is interested from around here.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
it's not a smash LAN, you scrub. (that is on Friday, anyway)

nobody does a 90/10/0 payout

god, rapin me all day, jerk

and I didn't wanna say smashfest(it IS a smashfest right, I mean the tourney isn't the main thing is it) cause that sounds kinda gay to me.

and I was just saying for example, cause I personally like the idea that second gets atleast more than half of what first got because they beat about the same amount of people, not that I would ever get second at any tourney, so I guess I don't really have any say in it.

studly

Smash Ace
Why in the world would you make payout 50/35/15? The winner takes home some 5 bucks more than 2nd place? hahaha.
this statement is completly irrelevant.............. the difference between first and second's winnings would completly depend on how many people enter

i did it this way because honestly who wants to play in a tournament... loose only one match and get that much less than the person they lost to

btw there is now a bet on
ill pay one dollar more per tournament entrant into the 1st place winnings
35 entrants would get 1st place a 35 dollar bonus

that would be great

studly

Smash Ace
Well, if i can make it i will.
well i hope you can make it... because its gonna be sweet

i can bring a tv and a cube and a wii if you need it. but i need directions
yeah go ahead and bring it... but im not sure if we need the TV

and coming from peoria you go interstate 74 west to exit 71 and follow the signs which will take you route 78 into elmwood

so exit > turn Right> stay on 78 til elmwood

BTW everyone should bring money for food.... there may be pizza and soda for sell there at the church

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
about how long would you say elmwood is from springfield, cause I only have 2 hours after work to get there at 4
according to google maps, its just about 2 hours to get to elmwood from springfield

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
according to google maps, its just about 2 hours to get to elmwood from springfield
yea, idk why I didn't mapquest it or something, wasn't thinking, and ty for response

and another question, are their gonna be pools, cause I figure when I get there, I could just play all my pools, cause I'm assuming people will be waiting on me if you do double elimination or something.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Hey tdk, by chance, would Tomacawk, Ripple, or Oranos be coming :p?

It'd be pretty cool to meet them again, but idk if they would want to come to something that won't be TOO huge(Like...SMYM9 huge).

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
we are all having like a small lan down here friday night, and then I believe they plan on going saturday morning, or atleast oranos does, ripple and gambit will most likely follow. And I know tomacawk will be down, I'm not sure if he will go with them or wait till I get off work and go with me though.

studly

Smash Ace
yeah... i have nearly confirmed that there will be pizza, soda, and maybe chips for selll bring some money down for food (80% sure that this is going down)

and there will be two TV's running for the tournaments maybe three depending on turnout.. there will also be another TV being used for street fighter 4 or whatever other games people bring down........ i may need one person to bring a TV

what i have not confirmed is how many Wii's we have available.... i need Wii's

we are also hoping to have a projector up displaying the current brackets

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also this is my first tournament.... any advice from anyone?
hopefully to keep me from doing something horribly wrong

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
It's not a LAN lol....

As far as advice goes, check out any stickied thread that looks important in Tournament Discussion or Hosting Discussion (on AiB)
Specifically try:

There are even a good amount of non-stickied threads in that AiB forum, so search around, too. If I make it to your tournament, I'll offer any help/answers you would probably need (so don't hesitate to ask).

egan

Smash Rookie
this tourny sounds like its gunna go down preety good cant wait

Top Bottom