• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Lol look at all the puff playes coming to gether to help each other out
I LOVE IT!

28%

Smash Cadet
Any general strategies or tips for Bowser. I know I should be winning most of the time, but sometimes I lose it. That Up+B is annoying.

Just wondering, thanks.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Don't attack Bowser on the ground. That's a big no no.

Let Bowser come to you. Remember, Bowser is slow, so when he comes at you with aerials, hit him with Bairs/Fairs in his lag.

Don't attempt Utilt->rest. It won't work. Maybe pound->rest?

Edit - Of course Gimpy posts :D

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
WEll Gimpy since its your Fault that there a bunch of Boozer players monkeying about at FSU, haha jk but Seriously...

I've had plenty of Bowser warfare to make me a general in the subject. Simple things to know that will lead to a victory.

-Watch out for the Utilts, Down Smashes and Usmashes, they WILL kill you!
-Platforms, While ECing in this match gives you a ton of rests, are BAD. Simply b/c Bowsers can camp under and take advantage in a big way.
-Up+B->Edge->edge attack: Thanks Gimpy, now everyone is using this fricking thing on Yoshi's Story. Just wait them out or float over.

The things we have going for us. *sigh*
-Blocked Fsmash->Rest Plenty of lag in the move so you can get it.
-Up+B in general- Seriously block and when they retreat Fsmash
-WoP like 773H off the stage, the best thing is Fairing since they astay close and can't DI out til way higher percents.
-Pound the **** out of his Koopa $$@! Pound will beat almost anything thrown at you and can lead to rest at around 30% in the air.

I never played a Bowser on Gimpy's level. But regardless any Bowser that knows L-canceling and has seen Gimpy's matches will have a slight idea of how to make Bowser difficult. Remember that Resting IS dangerous here.

Or just play Ganon as a side character! :D

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Like i said
YAY FOR PUFFS HELPING EACH OTHER OUT

Anywayss watch out for bowser because he ***** jiggs.
I went bowser on gimpys puff and won.
Just listen to everyone else.
They got it right

Sliq

Smash Master
If you are at low damage, just CC Bowser's Ledge Attack and rest him. Bowser's ledge attack gets fro'd by CC (or even shield it at higher damage, but don't get Koopa Claw Back Thrown).

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
By the way, what the **** am I supposed to do against a good ness?

With that double jump cancel they move and attack insanely fast. The bair sweetspots on every part of his body, so if he bairs, you're dead. His dash attack hits way the h*** in front of him, and pops you up to get multi-faired because he chain those things like crazy. Any special moves or should I just try to not let him get his back to me?
Sorry I didn't see this earlier but yeah Ness can be cheap if he 'jackets' a lot. But I think that if you see Nes come toward you turned around you know that you should block. Also This match is a Pain especially when he brings the bat or Guards with the Yo-Yo. Don't get trapped in the air by Thunder, stay no higher than your 2nd jump. I prefer to Grab Ness a lot, IDKY its just me, and get him off the stage.

Force him to use his double jump cancels and then strike. I agree the charge move is cheap and the Fair is annoying. Float back and away and when you get a chance, attack. Like Mango says, N-air. Also when Ness gets off the stages and is semi far out, float directly above him. Cheapest kill in the game, Shines are nothing for a Ness player or Luigi player who gets gimped off the stage by a Jiggly getting in the way of their recovery.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Sorry I didn't see this earlier but yeah Ness can be cheap if he 'jackets' a lot. But I think that if you see Nes come toward you turned around you know that you should block. Also This match is a Pain especially when he brings the bat or Guards with the Yo-Yo. Don't get trapped in the air by Thunder, stay no higher than your 2nd jump. I prefer to Grab Ness a lot, IDKY its just me, and get him off the stage.

Force him to use his double jump cancels and then strike. I agree the charge move is cheap and the Fair is annoying. Float back and away and when you get a chance, attack. Like Mango says, N-air. Also when Ness gets off the stages and is semi far out, float directly above him. Cheapest kill in the game, Shines are nothing for a Ness player or Luigi player who gets gimped off the stage by a Jiggly getting in the way of their recovery.
One problem with waiting for the dj cancel is that even if I time it perfectly, the technique is so fast that he can just do it WHILE I'm jumping at him. I know getting him off the stage = win, but the problem is getting him there in the first place, and what to do in between.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
hmm well I'm fortunate to not have to play any "good" Nesses. I have a quick question on dealing with Zelda. I know that this isn't common since she is seldom seen but I have been having trouble with her as much as I hate to admit it. I mean its just her throwing the Fair and Bair and its really annoying.

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
i've been smashing a for a while as a peach but now i kinda want to start using jigglypuff
my friend's falco is crazy and my peach just aint doing the job
i think a jiggly could help especially with the u-smash rest, but the SHL really annoys me, as a peach i would try to float over it but he'd always hit me down
five jumps might help, but any other tips for falcos? or space animals in general?

Sliq

Smash Master
hmm well I'm fortunate to not have to play any "good" Nesses. I have a quick question on dealing with Zelda. I know that this isn't common since she is seldom seen but I have been having trouble with her as much as I hate to admit it. I mean its just her throwing the Fair and Bair and its really annoying.
I do too. My means of getting around this is going Link, so I'm not much help. =/

i've been smashing a for a while as a peach but now i kinda want to start using jigglypuff
my friend's falco is crazy and my peach just aint doing the job
i think a jiggly could help especially with the u-smash rest, but the SHL really annoys me, as a peach i would try to float over it but he'd always hit me down
five jumps might help, but any other tips for falcos? or space animals in general?
Up smash rest doesn't work. Jigglypuff's up smash is too laggy to rest out of. Up throw rest is what you want.

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
sorry u-tilt rest XD
well like.. yeah, sometimes my tilts turn into smashes, i'm trying to get it down better but yeah
i know how to u-throw rest, but that's when i can actually get a grab on him which is really annoying w/ that jumpy falco
my main concern is approaching - SHL's are just annoying, another one of my friend dropped shiek for link and his projectile spam is annoying
what are good jiggly approaches?

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to time the rest move just right, (besides practice) because I try to end some sweet combos with it. But when I don't time it right, I end up sleeping giving my oppenent a chance to beat the crap out of me.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
First, you need to know that Zelda is a whor3. I hate her. Basically, I can't beat her (often). I use up attacks like on Peach, but since Zelda is a fat cow it doesn't work as well. F-smash seems to be the best killer in this match-up, if you can land it. I just try not to fight her in the air. I stay on the ground and wait for her to land, and then try some attacks. Hide in the shield when she's coming at you with that stupid kick. It has like 1000 sweet spots, too, which extremely annoying. Don't pound hardly ever, because missing one = toe to the face. You just hang in the air way too long to avoid it. Hope for a forward smash. If Zelda f-smashes, you can crouch cancel at any time, hit B, and she dies. She's hard to rest combo. I'm pretty sure none of the usual combos work at any percent, although pound rest might work at low percents and bad DI. Getting her off the edge is good, as long as you don't let her sweet spot, because you can punish her after the up-B. She's kind of a ***** to edgeguard though, because she can always just throw out that toe to get you away. WoP'ing works kind of well, just chaining some bairs and fairs in a row, but don't get greedy because she'll just toe you out of the combo, and woops, then you're dead. So basically that's all I have to say on the match-up, not sure how much help it is since I stilled get pwned by Zeldas anyway. I really think she's a big counter to Jigglypuff, like should be a freakin' 7-3 on the match-up chart.

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
I keep hearing of this "sweetspot". What is it? Is it like Marth's tipper or what?

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
First, you need to know that Zelda is a whor3. I hate her. Basically, I can't beat her (often). I use up attacks like on Peach, but since Zelda is a fat cow it doesn't work as well. F-smash seems to be the best killer in this match-up, if you can land it. I just try not to fight her in the air. I stay on the ground and wait for her to land, and then try some attacks. Hide in the shield when she's coming at you with that stupid kick. It has like 1000 sweet spots, too, which extremely annoying. Don't pound hardly ever, because missing one = toe to the face. You just hang in the air way too long to avoid it. Hope for a forward smash. If Zelda f-smashes, you can crouch cancel at any time, hit B, and she dies. She's hard to rest combo. I'm pretty sure none of the usual combos work at any percent, although pound rest might work at low percents and bad DI. Getting her off the edge is good, as long as you don't let her sweet spot, because you can punish her after the up-B. She's kind of a ***** to edgeguard though, because she can always just throw out that toe to get you away. WoP'ing works kind of well, just chaining some bairs and fairs in a row, but don't get greedy because she'll just toe you out of the combo, and woops, then you're dead. So basically that's all I have to say on the match-up, not sure how much help it is since I stilled get pwned by Zeldas anyway. I really think she's a big counter to Jigglypuff, like should be a freakin' 7-3 on the match-up chart.
Well thanks, I don't play Zelda often. And I didn't know to CC the Fsmash.

I keep hearing of this "sweetspot". What is it? Is it like Marth's tipper or what?
well think of Captain Falcon's Knee. It has to hit in the right way to deal the most damage. That's a sweet spot. Or how I can explain it.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Mango, glad to see you representing and all the Puff players on the grand scale.

Who do you think Jigg's hardest matchups are and why?
For me I have the most trouble with Marth, his range generally messes up my spacing game and the forward/down throws to f-smash are murder. Also, when a marth plays extra campy it becomes a problem.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
My biggest match up is against Zelda. But of course since she isn't played much I tend to have the toughest time with Captain Falcon and Marth. I pretty much and breaking even against both of them which doesn't make me happy at all but with a good Falcon player its sometimes hard to hit them without the knee getting in the way and killing you.
Marth can be difficult if they are really campy, Wave dash back and F smash gets old and annoying to dodge all the time. I just have 50-50 matches with these other than Zelda which is a 30-70 believe is right.

BTW the best way to deal with a Marth if they camped the whole match and you are a stock ahead, catch them with a Sing Ledge canceled. And repeat over an over and while you do that explain to them that you really dislike their playing style and thought that that wasn't a very kind way to play and while arguing jump up and Rest b/c he gave up trying to get out of it. BTW only do that if they are high.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Yo, Hyde, you realize you're only like 2 hours away from me? I go to UF. You need to go to Gigabits i Orlando sometime, because pretty much all the good Florida people go. We had all of South Florida, some Georgia people, Central Florida, and North Florida last month. Freaking singles was 57 people. I know it's like 4 hours from Tallahassee, but you could drive here Friday, you, me, and the other UF smashers smash it up for a while, and then we head to Orlando. Because I know those newbs up in Tallahassee don't have anything good going on :)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Just to let people know, Mango's advice helped me **** this weekend in tourney. So you should all take his advice seriously :)

Spamming Nair is too good :)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Lol fellas ive never played a zelda in ma LIFE!! so sorry cant u help with that.
My hardest matchup would have 2 be?? uh....Probably fox..
Hes so hard when campy mode is on..
O YEA campy marth is hella hard....
Pretty much just wait for that split second for that opening. To get in and take the advantage..
Nairs to really work on marth.. When the marth knows what there doing.. makes me sad ={
FREAKING FALCON IS HARD!!!
Nair is good because it has more priorty then him....
Also stay in the air aloT!!!
DOnt give him the opportunity to get that dumb grab.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
FALCON became my FAVORITE!!!
he seems OOOO SOOO ****ING!!!! hard but
if he grabs D-throws u combo break that HOE!!!
rest him.... it works at 15-50 percent
let him grab its a free rest ONLY if he goes for a KNEE plus after u do that once or twice
the cfalcon is guna turn into a weak *** wanna be bird....

MaNg0

Smash Hero
yea but the rest isnt sure is it?
Falcon can be fun. Why?
COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS
are too fun

MaNg0

Smash Hero
lol for me
I LOVE NAIR!!!
Its the best.
Theres other ways obviously..
Bairs , fairs.
Spam
But for me i love nair..
Thats just me though

RPK

Smash Lord
ditto. Well actually for me I love spamming sh bair since you have the ability to jump before you land and follow it up with another bair or falling nair which auto-cancels right as you hit the ground x3

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
what's one of jiggly's good counterpick stages?
my friends always play on FD but with one of them being falco, the SHL is way too cheap
i was thinking about which stage to choose instead, but i'm not quite sure what would be most beneficial to me

RPK

Smash Lord
Dreamland, Mute City, Zebes I think, and Jungle Japes. Though with FD, it should be a lot easier to get that SAS in. And if its a Falco, what I would do is camp the ledge or near the ledge and from there Grab->B-Throw->****. If theyre stupid theyll jump into the **** x3 Thats how...Crap cant remember his name but thats how one of the Jigglys beat PC Chris' Fox cause he just kept getting grabbed and tossed off the side

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
ohh i see. hope my friend's a slow learner then XD
i've played people on dreamland and mute city but i haven't tried jungle japes before.
but i like the b-throw wop, i'll try it soon thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom