• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Spikes.Way to Victory or Downfall?

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Ike's Spikes can be the way to Victory or to you're downfall.In your Opinion do you take the risk?Or go for the smash.And a Spike most people don't know about it Ike's strong down attack.If your Opponent has nothing under them, then do your Strong down and It will act as a Spike.

Also showing a Great Combo and Spike Video.So what do you do?Take the Risk with the Spike or just attempt to hit the Smash?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfL0kjEUgwA

solecalibur

Smash Master
Its very flashy and if you can read your opponent go for it
but it is very predictable and should be used as a tool for their air dodge for a free hit

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Wow...You give us a choice between Spikes or Smashes....
You should attempt a spike when you can read your opponent and attempt smashes when you can read your opponent, it's that simple, and if you allow us, can we use our tilts/jabs and aerials too please?

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Dude, this has been posted here before. Use the search function nub.

P.S. What part of Tx you from?
Sorry Could Find one like this.Thanks for the Info.Also When there's no Floor under you I usually don't go for Ariel attacks because the they usually hit me and well the move I intended to do still happens afterwards and then I end up Dead.Also I can usually Read my Opponent but in Mid-Air they know Ike Can be a dangerous Spiker so they usually Go Some crazy way to the ledge.

P.S.I'm From Austin.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Set C-stick to 'attack' and wait for the opponent to come up from the bottom to recover and you're all set. Of course the risks involved would depend on the character.

I normally just grab onto the ledge, and when they get close, back A attack in the air. then Side B back on the ledge
You mean Up B, right? This isn't possible just letting go of the edge with bair and then jumping to do side b. By that time Ike is too low. You would have to do up b to reach it... right? Otherwise I don't know what you're talking about.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ulises, you never answered my PM, so if this is the only way to contact you...I'm here to say go check your PM. It's on the top of this website.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman

The point is not to look at it as implementing one or the other, but to have good enough judgment to know when to use a smash or spike. By limiting yourself to one of the two, you are placing further restriction on your arsenal of moves.

ECHO_R24

Smash Rookie
I usually don't try for spikes with Ike unless i feel the need for the style kill, any other character i will try to spike more often, Marth especially. Ike kills at such low percents i don't feel the need to spike that often

LuLLo

Smash Ace
If you want to spike (almost) safely, you can run-off Dair on one of the platforms on battlefield when opponents are on the ledge and try a ledgehop.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Thats What I usually Try With Ike.The Walk Off Dair Sometimes Just Send My Opponent Up wards Therefore Destroying the Purpose Of the Dair.(Besides Damage of Course.Also If Your Timing Is Slightly Off then It Will Send You Flying Down Which Will Lead to a SD.It's a Effective Way but it could lead to Your Down Fall.Smashes are a Safe Way to Go I guess but It won't Hit Very Much.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
walkoff's are fine...unless youre like me and despise having the cstick on tilts, despite the fact i dont use it with ike XD i personally prefer (the air) to try and tech chase them getting up off the edge and killing them with a fsmash...just cause its awesome when they make a face after getting hit by it

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Smashes....safe? Insanity, I say! Speaking of walk-off Dairs, is there any way to go from right up at the edge into a walk off w/o a tilt-stick? =o I can run off and do it, though I rarely ever go for it. But right up at the end off the stage doesn't really give me any time...

Top Bottom