• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Ike looks very strong which I like because he not a heavy weight character
but basically he is but he doesn't look it

Brockman5

Smash Ace
He is a different heavy character to me..I can't really explain it but when I played as him I didn't noice too much lag and I was keeping up and destroying pit's and meta's...:)

Right here my friend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlhwdvf_U14&NR=1

He kicks arse in this video.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That was Neal who ***** with Ike in that video.

The main problem with Ike is that he has very little potential in 1 v 1 matches. Whiffing moves (Or executing them in general) causes Ike to be put in a tight spot. I really hope that Ike is fixed before Brawls release, or i'm going back to Marth.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I'm claiming Bair > Aether as my combo k?

If it works out to be an actual combo it's mine =D

Edit: Make that the Bair -> Aether Spike Reverse Edgehog. The Ike BASRE. =D

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
His final smash is sick. But now that I look at it, it just makes less sense for Ike to have slow moves. Just look at how fast he is swinging his sword at the opponent in the final smash. It makes no sense whatsoever that he can attack so fast in that, while so slow normally. I know its his final smash, but still even after the power up of it, there still shouldnt be that large of a difference of start up time for his moves. Its just really messed up. O well, they messed Ike up.

komickid

Smash Apprentice
I know i dont like these type of comments but it could always change before release so it's not quite as slow.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Ike looks awesome, although I'm still hoping for Marth, especially since he was my main. Hopefully Ike will be just as good as Marth, even if his speed and power aren't the same. I love his FS, looks as badass as Link's.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone think Marth is going to get cut?
Cus Ike has blue hair and a sword lol

Personally I think Marths chances are decent, but I'm not gonna count on it. I liked Roy better so even if Marth is back unless he's REALLY cool lookin I won't use him.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone think Marth is going to get cut?
From what i heard... they wanted to get rid of the clones... and seeing as Ike is a FE character as well as Marth and they both have swords.. And since they already announced Ike.... Marth will probably get cut.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
There is probably going to be 2 other Fire Emblem reps aside from Ike, but who those are we don't know ;p.
Why 2. I don't even know if there will be any more characters from FE..would love it.. but.. if there is... unfortunately. I think there will not be two.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Well, I never really thought about it, but FE is pretty popular in Japan and U.S. But, you could be right in there just being 2, need more sword users!

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Well, I never really thought about it, but FE is pretty popular in Japan and U.S. But, you could be right in there just being 2, need more sword users!
You mean Japan right? I'm rather sure I'm the only kid at my school with both POR and RD.

Also, by two reps he is thinking Marth and a third character.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I meant what I said, FE is popular in the U.S. as well as Japan. But, lets talk about other things, like, Ike. I meant that I want there to be 3 Fire Emblem reps, but a there is a high probability that there will only be Ike and someone else.

Mav of Brill

Smash Cadet
well, as cool as the Black Knight is (and how much i'd really like him to be on) i doubt he will be joining brawl. if you look at it, ike is already taking up the slow-power slot for FE, and BK is in my opinion, that, and could really fill only that. man he'd be cool, but i think if he would have been on, he'd be the heavy hitter, not ike.

so i think that could narrow it down a bit (don't flame BK-supporters, it's just my opinion) to the others.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
That is very true, although, if they were adding clones, they could Luigify Ike's moveset and give it to Black Knight(don't flame me clone haters! please ;p) it will probably be one of the speedier lords or Micaiah for the other spot.

Mav of Brill

Smash Cadet
true.
what i would really like is for one of the laguz (despite the complications of move-sets and shiek like play style) to join brawl. that would add a whole new flavor to it, and be completely awesome. though complications would arise on who to pick, as none are really the main laguz player. i'd think one of the cats could, seeing as they are more speed and agility, take that spot, but i don't expect it. but seeing as ivysaur is a quadruped character, why not have another? the only complications comes to the attack style. i'm sure there is another thread on this, but that's my thought.

Cless

Smash Champion
From what i heard... they wanted to get rid of the clones... and seeing as Ike is a FE character as well as Marth and they both have swords.. And since they already announced Ike.... Marth will probably get cut.
What? That's the worst reason ever. Ike is nothing like Marth. What kind of clone is that?

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Ike is my hero, HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM!

I just like Ike because when I played just getting a hit felt so...Good. I can't explain it, but his attacks just feel "juicy" I also dig his character in general, and how he's like "You know what? Screw this, I'm using one hand"

Mav of Brill

Smash Cadet
I also dig his character in general, and how he's like "You know what? Screw this, I'm using one hand"
lol.

ike is amazingly hardcore! i don't care if he's slow, i'm still maining him for power. anyone else noticed how he completely demolishes when he lands a strike in the demo? i'm sure some things on him will changed or fixed during the delay, and that will make him even better. people say he sucks, bah. he just doesn't match their play-style.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
My play style is completely adaptable. I want to play Ike so much i can easily adapt. Seriously.. my mains in Melee were , in order, Marth, Ganon, and Roy...I think i can adapt to Ike... infact.. i plan to

Top Bottom