• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Ike rules. I've played Path of Raidiance, and it Rules as well. Ike was always my best. I can't wait to see what he can do in Brawl.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
@freeman123: I just saw that he's at about average speed in the demo on Delfino Plaza. He's definitely not slow, but not fast.

Ike's taunt from the 2007 Nintendo Fall Conference.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
It's cool either way.

Can you use your OWN avatars here or do you have to use the ones provided by smashboards?

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I might've found a new move for Ike, unless it's just his forward Smash being charged.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zfxo4ThurUw

Watch at 4:00. He starts charging a move with his sword back. The tip of Ragnell as well as Ike himself starts shining and you can tell it will be a powerful move. Any ideas on what move it might be?

Also, I saw Ike run from one end of the stage to the other. He's about Link's speed.

GenG

Smash Lord
I might've found a new move for Ike, unless it's just his forward Smash being charged.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zfxo4ThurUw

Watch at 4:00. He starts charging a move with his sword back. The tip of Ragnell as well as Ike himself starts shining and you can tell it will be a powerful move. Any ideas on what move it might be?

Also, I saw Ike run from one end of the stage to the other. He's about Link's speed.
It's the forward special move. Notice the shining and the smoke.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Okay, apparently another site reports that Ike's FS is like Links as opposed to using the electrical attack that ign proposed. I really hope we get some clear confirmation on what it actually is soon.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
It's the forward special move. Notice the shining and the smoke.
But how do you know that this is his forward special move? Has someone proved that he shines and can charge up for his forward special? I'm just wondering...

GenG

Smash Lord
But how do you know that this is his forward special move? Has someone proved that he shines and can charge up for his forward special? I'm just wondering...
Before in that same match you can see Ike charging and dashing to the left afterwards.

About Ike's FS, Destructoid said the following:

Ike's Final Smash is identical to Link's Final Smash. Ike will slash at you several times and then knock you into the sky or off of the stage with his sword.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think that Ike will be as good as Marth was. Marth was the perfect combination of speed, power, offense, and defense.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Before in that same match you can see Ike charging and dashing to the left afterwards.

About Ike's FS, Destructoid said the following:
Ah, well, I am pleased to know that. :D I hope he can use this multiple times in the air, even though I doubt it.

I don't think that Ike will be as good as Marth was. Marth was the perfect combination of speed, power, offense, and defense.
I don't either, but that's why I like him even more. He's not TOO good.

Who cares? This time its going to be more balanced(hopefully). Marth definitely had a lot of advantages compared to uh, lets say mario =)
Yep. Balance = Good. He's not that fast, but Aether is WIN.

Anyone know what his Down special might be or what it is?

-Knux-

Smash Ace
New find! (I think.)

I've just found one of Ike's alternate colored costumes. I was watching a high resolution video provided by a member on this board of one of the IGN battles. Two players just HAPPENED to scroll over Ike's icon at the same time. I paused it then and it showed his original color and an alternate one. It looks like his sword is silver, his cape is golden/yellow, and his suit is a light gray, maybe. EDIT: After finding another view of it, it seems as if his armor is black. ^^

I apologize for not posting links... I just thought this would catch people's attentions more easily. If it really IS a problem I can change them to links.

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, if his armor is really black with that color, that would be bada***.

Anyways, I think that Ike will be ishly slow, but end up making up for it with his strength and move sets, i mean, think about it, maybe he has a lot of quick damaging moves such as elbowing the enemy, and also has the massive attacks.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Ike has more style than Marth IMO <_< I don't know about the whole "who's better in a fight" but yeah Ike just looks cooler than Marth.

GenG

Smash Lord
Ike has more style than Marth IMO <_< I don't know about the whole "who's better in a fight" but yeah Ike just looks cooler than Marth.
Ike doesn't have any kind of style, he is just brute force, but that is what makes him awesome.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Yush! I calculated the damage from his forward smash yesterday (it wasn't full charged). It came out around 25%. His up smash (I think it was...) did about 19% damage to Samus at the very beginning of that Delfino video. His eruption move did around 29% to two opponents, and it didn't look fully charged. Ike is gonna be hella strong. :D

Plus, Aether just rocks. I also can't wait to see Ike's grabs and down special. I also heard his neutral attack is a punch. That's cool, considering Marth ALWAYS used his sword.

It looks like we know every color for Ike. His regular suit, his blue one, he HAS to have a one based on red (beings his cape is red and his suit is blue), and HAS to have one that is green. And of course there is the golden cape, black armor one that I posted. Too bad Marth had that exact same one, only with more black. Let's hope most of it is the goldish yellowish color. Black still rocks, though.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm, I have a quick question. I've been looking at the smash wiki, and it says tentative names for the rest of Ike's special moves. Now what I'd like to ask is what those moves are exactly. It doesn't describe them there, and I'm horrible at analyzing the video/can't tell what's a special or not, so can someone shed some light for me?

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
Ike is really cool he's like Marth and Roy together but a lot stronger. another color is revealed in the delfino plaza vid from IGN his cape is blue but i cant see it too well...

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
I'm kind of disappointed with Ike's alternate costumes.
NONE of them are of his class promotion... =(

I thought maybe his FS would be his class change, but (apparently) a Link copy? aw man.

I'm still going to use him, but it would be nice if they added that in somewhere.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
No video of Ike's FS, just a description. Same with MK's and ZSS's FS.
Not like Ike can really do much else unless he steals special abilities from his game companions like a princess we all know, so it was pretty obvious he was going to copy and palette swap Link's FS.

I'm glad to see that Ike stole Link64's forward smash. lol

Is it just me, or is Ike taking a little TOO much from Link? hm....
(I'm an anti-Ike person for those who don't know)

-Knux-

Smash Ace

Is that Ike's forward smash about to make contact? I didn't know he got so low and swang. Very cool, if so. ^^

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Are you seriously telling me you don't see the comparison between Ike's f-smash (shown above) and Link's f-smash from Smash 64? I sure do.
But I'm not angry, because it's a cool attack, and I'm glad to see it return. It fits Ike very well and was awesome to watch when that move killed someone, because it was always so forceful.

Top Bottom