• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Social Thread

MLGF

Smash Lord
Guys, guys, guys.
ShieldDrop into QuickDraw.
Best Mixup, let's try this **** out. I can think of a million ways this can let me escape pressure or catch my opponent off guard. A scrub like me shouldn't be the first one to think of this.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So Ike can normally only do 2 Wjs out of QD, but he can do 3 when you do bair out of each or something. Explanation?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Funny, it's easy to do. I'll do some more testing later. Keep trying it yourself guys, X to A for frame perfect bair (or possibly any aerial), and see if you get it

Last edited:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
ill check that triple WJ out next time i get to practice. Could be a good stalling tactic while also throwing out bairs to defend yourself
Edit: also first time posting in this thread. hi :3

Last edited:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
I was able to successfully do the triple WJ with the bair. its going to take some practice to make it useful as a stalling tactic like the guy is doing in that video. because of the bair you need to do the inputs really fast to wall jump three times without going too far down and killing yourself. I will practice it more when I get the time

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I was able to successfully do the triple WJ with the bair. its going to take some practice to make it useful as a stalling tactic like the guy is doing in that video. because of the bair you need to do the inputs really fast to wall jump three times without going too far down and killing yourself. I will practice it more when I get the time
Why do people think the guy isn't me?

I still haven't tested yet but it's possible side-b itself or something might be able to be used close to frame perfect and gain the additional WJ

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
I didnt know who was doing it so i just said guy. how long did it take you to wall jump quickly like that. more often then not when i do it im already too far down the stage to make it back up but ive only been practicing it for only like 10 or so minutes

SpiderMad

Smash Master
not long, which is what is surprising me that this was unknown

Last edited:

Commander

Smash Ace
not long, which is what is surprising me that this was unknown
Have you tried experimenting with things like only doing an aerial out of the first or only out of the second jump? Have you had time to test aerials other than bair?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I think it can work with all the other aerials

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
And I want to guess it might only need one of them to be close to frame perfect or something, it doesn't make any sense: I don't know how WJ limits are coded in the first place that would allow this

Last edited:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
im using the full set. i can do the triple WJ with bair and i actually was able to do a normal triple WJ once. but as @ SparkingZero SparkingZero said it is much harder. I heard that the normal triple WJ was impossible so I never attempted it before

Last edited:

Commander

Smash Ace
It would be pretty funny looking if it stays though. Everyone thinks all recoveries are getting nerfed and all of sudden there are a bunch of Ike mains with extra wall jumps.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Why is it all of the sudden though, it's basically like he's had 3 WJs easily all along; you almost have to purposely do them slow to not get the third.

Last edited:

Commander

Smash Ace
Why is it all of the sudden though, it's basically like he's had 3 WJs easily all along; you almost have to purposely do them slow to not get the third.
Everyone just believed the PMDT without question. Many players started out slow when learning the char and weren't able to get the third wall jump because they were too slow and never thought that there could be a third. Why didn't you test this out before?

Top Bottom