• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike=noob?

froggy2605

Smash Rookie
So I've been playing online a couple of times with a friend of mine, he plays link and I play Ike....I beat him everytime and he keeps on saying that its b/c Ike is a noob char and anyone can use him etc. Can someone tell me if he is a noob char or not cuz I really dont wanna stop playing just b/c my friend is a sore loser :confused:

§leepy God

Smash Master
Online play with lag it's hard to dodge his attacks and such. But if you play competitively and such he's hard to win with and require skill or good timing to win with.

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
The term "noob character" is such a loose term, imho. At face value, I will admit that Ike's strategy seems to be the simplest of strategies in the game. However, your friend is using Link. He could just be really cheap by camping with projectiles and use his faster moves against you. Ike has a number of weaknesses compared to other characters. Therefore, I think it is your friends who are noobs and aren't good enough to exploit them.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
So I've been playing online a couple of times with a friend of mine, he plays link and I play Ike....I beat him everytime and he keeps on saying that its b/c Ike is a noob char and anyone can use him etc. Can someone tell me if he is a noob char or not cuz I really dont wanna stop playing just b/c my friend is a sore loser :confused:
Considering that i have only seen two ikes ever win in the US i must say that until i get a list of champions and get new results with a opinion change i must assume that i will say...

ike isnt the best char.... he is mid tier and he takes skill and patience.... the reason your friend is losing is probally because he is running into all of your aireals and smashes...

to prove this i can beat BOTH your ikes at anytime.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Ike is no noob character. Indeed He's easy to use, but very hard to master. In competitive play you have to play at your best against the majority of characters every time.

If you're winning everytime, it's probably because your friend doesn't utilize Link's projectiles. Ike has very bad disadvantages when it comes to projectiles.

There is no noob characters, only noobs.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Take it from me, the guy who gets the most of this harrasment and complains about it, he's not a n00b character, people just complain about him because they're falling into obvious traps and refuse to admit that it's their fault. In fact, some of Ike's main strengths come from exploiting others' mistakes; so they're obviously just frustrated. Anyone who calls Ike a n00b character obviously doesn't comprehend/grasp the finer points of Brawl.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Ike is too ****ty to be a noob character...your friend just hasn't learned what his shield button is apparently..

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Ike is a character that can greatly punish people who are noobs. Link is probably sore he lost and wanted to make a rebuttle (a lame rebuttle)

HeWhoCanSee

Smash Cadet
Who uses noob, anyway? I prefer lame ***, to be honest.

Ike is incredibly slow and obvious. Even in lag, you can probably powershield most of his attacks. I admit his jabs are sort of fast and his Bair is his of his fastest moves, but if dodged, they can be punished easily and greatly.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
lololololol

Who do you think you are? The Chuck Norris of Ike mains, ive 3 stocked your Ike before. You're the last person that should be giving advice. :)
Wouldn't be surprised if he could beat them anyway..

i don't know any of them though so i couldn't tell for sure.

Zaker_ZM

Smash Rookie
Sounds like you friend is a sore loser.

It's not like ike's moves are exactly impossible to avoid espescially when your charging up a smash you wouldn't exactly run into it thinking you can take him before he releases it.

But some ike players are noobs because they only know like 2 moves, F smash and Up B. Ike altogether isn't a noob though

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Ike is cheap? Lol. Don't worry, your friend is obviously a sore loser. When I lose to a Ike I just accept it.

Top Bottom