• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike looks to be more like Roy then Marth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Roy is so misunderstood, its almost funny.
You Roy-haters can say all you want. Roy is NOT a bad character!! Sure, he's not the best and for all practical purposes, he is a clone character--but that don't mean he has no individuality.
For the record, Roy's fully charged Flare Blade does around 50% and had some of the most highest impact in the game, regardless of full charge.
He is also the Second strongest character in the game--if only by strength alone.
People only perfer Marth,because he is easierto play as--hell he's one of the easiest characters to play as if not the Easiest hands down. A player who has mastered Roy and can whip any kind of *** on the battlefield deserves my respect. On top of that, Roy has better recovery skills than Marth, when it comes down to reaching lateral distance for you can alter the trajectory Roy goes while doing that move.
Anyone who says Roy is a bad character obviously has never took the time to play as him to the proper extent. he can do the cancelling and wave-dashing and the other bull**** just as well as the other characters!
Theoretically, If they take Roy out, Marth will go too, but the biggest expectation is that they will be replaced with other FE characters.
If I know Nintendo--and I believe I do--is that they are biased as hell so chances are that they will milk "Path of Radiance" for what its worth.
This post is full of fail and represents the epitome of scrubiness.

Milos

Smash Lord
yo my thread got noob jacked, it was total specualtion. I think roy's cool because he doesn't look like a prude ******* the way marth does. Constant bedhead is better then constant gayness -.- ....

And anyway, I don't care at all if Roy stays or goes, I'm going to main Pit no matter what anyway.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yeah, I personally think they should bring back Roy. I definitely always play as him (along with Marth, Ganon, and sometimes Cheap) It'd be a shame to not include him and or Marth. What they really should do is keep all the characters from the melee and just add all the new ones.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Lol, okay, This is entertaining. Okay, so I love Roy, he's always been one of my favorites, but even back when I ORIGINALLY played when Melee first came out....I knew that Roy was NOT better than Marth. I could also tell he had a distinct disadvantage....period. Which made him the perfect character for me, lol. I just like him, *shrugs*. Number one rule: You play who you like". Number 2 rule: If who you like sucks...then make sure you have another good character, prepped. *cough* anyway, lol. Coming back to Smash years later and finding out all of this new stuff....it was apparent that my spider senses were right. I still like Roy, so I'll play him, but my first love was Peach, so I main Peach, and I destroy noobs and scrubs with Roy, lol.

Edit: Oh, and he should return.....only better, ^_^.

X-zero

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I just want them to bring everyone back. It's not right to introduce a character to everyone, chancing people becoming their best with that person, then taking away that character and leaving all those people without someone they've put alot of effort into learning good combo's and what-not. That's just cold. And I know Roy does have disadvantages, but he'll always be my best and favorite character.

BentoBox

Smash Master
You Roy-haters can say all you want. Roy is NOT a bad character!! Sure, he's not the best and for all practical purposes, he is a clone character--but that don't mean he has no individuality.
For the record, Roy's fully charged Flare Blade does around 50% and had some of the most highest impact in the game, regardless of full charge.
He is also the Second strongest character in the game--if only by strength alone.
People only perfer Marth,because he is easierto play as--hell he's one of the easiest characters to play as if not the Easiest hands down. A player who has mastered Roy and can whip any kind of *** on the battlefield deserves my respect. On top of that, Roy has better recovery skills than Marth, when it comes down to reaching lateral distance for you can alter the trajectory Roy goes while doing that move.
Anyone who says Roy is a bad character obviously has never took the time to play as him to the proper extent. he can do the cancelling and wave-dashing and the other bull**** just as well as the other characters!
Theoretically, If they take Roy out, Marth will go too, but the biggest expectation is that they will be replaced with other FE characters.
If I know Nintendo--and I believe I do--is that they are biased as hell so chances are that they will milk "Path of Radiance" for what its worth.
That's usually when you make a new account and start over.

Milordog1

Smash Cadet
Ahem. All of you Roy haters should probably get out of the Roy threads. Go to to marth if you love (and want to love) him so much. Roy is the best Character in the game. Why do you think he's the last character (if you read the american way)? You all uderestimate his worth. Or you just can't play smash very well...

-Marth is a Roy wannabe
Signed,
Milordog1

Milordog1

Smash Cadet

You preech it loud and clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
ike reminds me of link from SSB64. i guess maybe because of his fsmash...
but anyhow, roy is just terrible. why cant people accept that?!?

Fireflare

Smash Cadet
i think roy is for beginner good because of his fsmash...when they get better they will see that roy is not good(but he's still better than bowser mew2 and pichu XDD)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Ahem. All of you Roy haters should probably get out of the Roy threads. Go to to marth if you love (and want to love) him so much. Roy is the best Character in the game. Why do you think he's the last character (if you read the american way)? You all uderestimate his worth. Or you just can't play smash very well...

-Marth is a Roy wannabe
Signed,
Milordog1
XD

it's you people who are the reason that Roy haters flame in our boards. You don't have to except the fact he sucks, but please keep your opinions out of the Roy boards. you'll find that everyone will hate you if you think like that.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I don't hate Roy. I like him as much as the next guy. He's my main and I wish he was more respected. and I think he's better then the tier list says he is. but after getting mass flamed, i realized that nobody cares, so why bother even saying it.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
k this has been up for long enough, wanna talk about Ike he has his own section in the Brawl forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom