• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike looks to be more like Roy then Marth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milos

Smash Lord
Is it just me? His u.B seems more like Kirby's, granted, but his n.B looks exactly like Roy's. His sword is big, implying (and of course this is an assumption on my part) that he won't be floaty the way Marth was.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah...and in the introduction for him, it mentioned he has a one hit KO, which will no doubt be from charging his flare blade-esk move.

Roy is gone ;_;;_;;_;

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I think he's going to be good because he has no knockback for a second in his up-b, but it really depends on how long this lasts and the cooldown on the up-b so I guess we'll wait to see.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Yeah... his Up B is pretty much like Kirby's final cutter(up B) and he looks like roy more than marth, but we'll see when brawl comes out

Tau

Smash Apprentice
i really hope roy returns.. i dont feel like using any other character -_-

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
I think brawl'll have ike and some other FE character different from melee's FE characters. no roy, no marth on brawl, but ike and some other... (maybe Lyn?)

Tau

Smash Apprentice
well i wish that at least one of them will have a very similar moveset to marth and roys.

Metà

Smash Master
yeah :( but maybe Ike will have all the awesomeness roy had. He looks less stupid then marth does anyway, but not as cool as roy....
Lol what awesomeness did Roy have? A one hit kill...when you charge it for an hour? No knockback on aerial attacks? Terrible recovery? Easily comboed? A sweetspot that negates the range of his sword? If Ike is anything like Roy, I'd be sorely dissapointed. -____-

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
you're such a stupid ****ing fanboy lol.
ROY COUNTERS ALL FOOL!

Lol what awesomeness did Roy have? A one hit kill...when you charge it for an hour? No knockback on aerial attacks? Terrible recovery? Easily comboed? A sweetspot that negates the range of his sword? If Ike is anything like Roy, I'd be sorely dissapointed. -____-
Meta, STFU, I'll beat your *** with my Roy. End of story.

Paxz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xyxura
Ike is more likely to be like Roy, but Ike clothes are better than Roy's and he does not look gay like Marth, so I think is fine. I also think that Ike is going to be more like Ganondorf in movement I guess we all have to wait and see.

D

Deleted member

Meta, STFU, I'll beat your *** with my Roy. End of story.
you're ridiculous.

Lol what awesomeness did Roy have? A one hit kill...when you charge it for an hour? No knockback on aerial attacks? Terrible recovery? Easily comboed? A sweetspot that negates the range of his sword? No aerial kill moves? Gets combo'd like a fastfaller? Has no way to deal with relentless spamming? Gets crouched by every character in the game, including himself? Can't beat simple moves like Samus's tilts? Can't chaingrab a player with good DI? Has no solid throw combos at all? Can't kill with the more strategically valuable part of his sword, his only weapon? Is usually forced to kill with upthrow against good players? Has 2 spikes, both of which are useless? Has slower smashes than marth, and smaller hitboxes, and sometimes they go right through the opponent anyway? Get's CC grabbed out of over B, despite it being his main offensive attack.....
fix'd.

technomancer

Smash Champion
As far as throw combos on Fox on FD go, Roy's are mediocre. Everyone has awesome throw combos on Fox on FD.

In answer to the original question, we'll see.

Paxz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xyxura
I know Roy isnt the best choice for a player but he can still be a pain in the a** if the player has good mind games.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Roy is so misunderstood, its almost funny.
You Roy-haters can say all you want. Roy is NOT a bad character!! Sure, he's not the best and for all practical purposes, he is a clone character--but that don't mean he has no individuality.
For the record, Roy's fully charged Flare Blade does around 50% and had some of the most highest impact in the game, regardless of full charge.
He is also the Second strongest character in the game--if only by strength alone.
People only perfer Marth,because he is easierto play as--hell he's one of the easiest characters to play as if not the Easiest hands down. A player who has mastered Roy and can whip any kind of *** on the battlefield deserves my respect. On top of that, Roy has better recovery skills than Marth, when it comes down to reaching lateral distance for you can alter the trajectory Roy goes while doing that move.
Anyone who says Roy is a bad character obviously has never took the time to play as him to the proper extent. he can do the cancelling and wave-dashing and the other bull**** just as well as the other characters!
Theoretically, If they take Roy out, Marth will go too, but the biggest expectation is that they will be replaced with other FE characters.
If I know Nintendo--and I believe I do--is that they are biased as hell so chances are that they will milk "Path of Radiance" for what its worth.

Sky2042

Smash Apprentice
I can play Roy "easier" than Marth.

You aren't playing either correctly.

If you must have examples, I can do that.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
On top of that, Roy has better recovery skills than Marth, when it comes down to reaching lateral distance for you can alter the trajectory Roy goes while doing that move.
You can do this with Marth (changing the upB trajectory to be more horizontal) it just doesn't go as far. And Roy has FAR FAR FAR FAR WORSE recovery than Marth does. Marth's overB recovery is much better than Roy. Roy can only use one overB during recovery after that any overB results in him being further down than if you just DI'd. He is a fastfaller as well which means he can't recover as far horizontally as Marth can. And Roy's upB is much harder to sweetspot.

That being said I don't care who goes or stays in terms of Marth or Roy, I just hope Roy isn't as bad if he stays.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
ArcNatural: Not all of that is true. Marth's over+B can make him lose height also. The only real advantage to Marth's recovery is that he's heavier and falls slower. If you DI up with Roy, DED 2-3 times, double jump, and use his fully horizontal Blazer, he gains a surprisingly decent amount of horizontal distance. How well you sweetspot just depends on what kind of gameplay you're used to. (In fact, in most cases if you sweetspot you can get edgehogged.)

The real reason Roy's recovery is so bad? Even if you make it back to the stage, there is almost no way that you're gonna get back on. Roy is so easily edgehog -> roll'd. Same with Marth, but Marth just has the slight chance that either 1) his slight vertical boost lets him land on the platform (although his can be reverse lightshield guarded); or 2) his up+B catches them before they can roll. He falls fast so he has no way to hit them off the ledge or stall underneath, so unless something miraculous happens he will probably plunge to his doom.

knuxrouge: I suggest you read some advanced play guides.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
well how about we say ike will be like neither, and will be more like himself?

Paxz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xyxura
No I think he'll be more like roy, Fastfaller but also will be heavier than roy and slower.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Roy has....

T3H PH1R3

...Sorry, had to do it.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Ike is gonna suck cause he is from fire emblem path of radiance which also sucked.

Paxz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xyxura
Ike is gonna suck cause he is from fire emblem path of radiance which also sucked.
Yeah the game wasn't the best fire emblem, but Ike was a strong character anyways so I wouldn't be so sure.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
It would be really cool if Roy is in brawl, I'm not going to lie. I've played him since the beginning... but Ike should be cool for his own reasons not because he's like Roy or Marth

AznLanceLord

Smash Cadet
I hope Ike is different from Roy. I hated Roy from the beginning. But, I think all characters should return, because look, there are a lot a fans for each character there is. If one character doesn't return, you could lose a few players. Marth pwns Roy.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You Roy-haters can say all you want. Roy is NOT a bad character!! Sure, he's not the best and for all practical purposes, he is a clone character--but that don't mean he has no individuality.
For the record, Roy's fully charged Flare Blade does around 50% and had some of the most highest impact in the game, regardless of full charge.
He is also the Second strongest character in the game--if only by strength alone.
People only perfer Marth,because he is easierto play as--hell he's one of the easiest characters to play as if not the Easiest hands down. A player who has mastered Roy and can whip any kind of *** on the battlefield deserves my respect. On top of that, Roy has better recovery skills than Marth, when it comes down to reaching lateral distance for you can alter the trajectory Roy goes while doing that move.
Anyone who says Roy is a bad character obviously has never took the time to play as him to the proper extent. he can do the cancelling and wave-dashing and the other bull**** just as well as the other characters!
Theoretically, If they take Roy out, Marth will go too, but the biggest expectation is that they will be replaced with other FE characters.
If I know Nintendo--and I believe I do--is that they are biased as hell so chances are that they will milk "Path of Radiance" for what its worth.
This is why noone respects the roy boards...

There should be an IQ test before you post srsly

Bailey

Smash Hero

Dude you are soooo dumb. Roy has the worst recovery in the game. Also what Kevin said.

AznLanceLord

Smash Cadet
So wrong. Roy can't do ANYTHING! He fast falls, which leaves lots of combo oppurtunities open, and also kills his recovery chance. It is much easier to survive with Marth because of his more vertical up b. Roy's only good moves are his side b's, which aren't that good. He has bad aerials, bad combo ability, cannot take advantage of his long range sword because his sweet spot is closer to his body, and his non-sweet spot is MUCH weaker than Marth's. HIs sweet spot is almost as good Marth's but is not in the tip. Marth is much harder to mast er because he has lots of potential, as opposed to Roy where he has limited abilites. But, Nintendo should still include both boys in the next one because it just feels better that way.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
I think...nintendo should put doc back in...

Now, what was the topic again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom