• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike E3 1.0.8 Patch changes + discussion

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Confirmed

Video:
Credit goes to @ksizl4life for the great video!

Code (lacks changes to specials):
Credit to @Thinkaman
Code:
Ike
---
Jab1
    transition to jab2
        frame 13 -> 10
Jab2
    new hitbox added as hitbox 1; old hitbox 1 changed to hitbox 2
    hitbox 0
        y 8.0 -> 7.5
    new hitbox 1
        angle 80 (others are 65)
        kbg 80 (others are 80/100)
        wbg 25 (others are 40/50)
        size 3.5
Jab3
    hitboxes appear on frame 7 -> 6 (1 frame faster)
    hitbox 3
        size 2.5 -> 3.2
    hitbox duration 3 -> 4 frames
Dash Attack
    animation speed 1.25x for frames 0-17 (3 frames faster?)
    hitboxes appear on frame 18 -> 17 (4 frames faster total?)
    hitbox 0
        damage 10 -> 14
        angle 55 -> 52
        kbg 70 -> 78
        size 6.0 -> 6.3
        hitlag 1.0 -> 1.2
    hitbox 1
        damage 8 -> 11
        angle 55 -> 52
        kbg 70 -> 78
    hitbox 2
        damage 5 -> 9

Ftilt (all)
    animation speed 1.25x for frames 0-14 (2 frames faster?)
    hitboxes appear on frame 15 -> 14 (3 frames faster total?)
    all 3 old hitboxes replaced with 1 new one
    new hitbox
        bone 1000 -> 1
        damage 14/14/12 -> 12.5
Utilt
    initial hitbox
        y 12.0 -> 13.0
    delayed hitbox
        y 10.5 -> 12.0
        lasts until frame 19 -> 22 (duration 5 -> 8 frames)
Fair
    hitboxes appear on frame 16 -> 14 (2 frames faster)
    hitbox 0
        y 9.0 -> 10.5
    hitbox 1
        y 6.2 -> 6.75
    hitbox 2
        y 4.0 -> 3.0
Some 1.25x animation speed added to a couple unknown minor actions (non-attacks)
Community gathered changes (has specials):
-Ftilt
>Faster startup: 15 frames -> 13 frames
>Sweetspot damage reduced: 14%->12.5%. The sourspot has been buffed: 12%->12.5%

-Dash attack
>startup reduced: 18->15 frames
>damage increased: Sweet spot: 10%->14%. Sour spot: 8%->11% and 5%->9%

-Nair
>Less landing lag by 3 frames. Attacks that were a few frames from working such as 0% nair->dtilt and low % nair->utilt are now guaranteed.

-Fair
>Hitbox better follows visual animation. Hits better above and below him. The hitbox now starts directly above Ike: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHf4qnwUkAAAf75.jpg:large
>Has less landing lag by 1 frame

-Uair
>Has 3 frames less landing lag

-Dair
>Has 3 frames less landing lag

-Quick Draw(Side B)
>Startup reduced: 19->16 frames

-Jab1 and jab2
>Jab1 can transition into jab2 quicker than before.

-Jab3
>Hitbox properly covers its animation. The hitbox begins above Ike.

-Aether
>The suction properties were tweaked in some way. It may be better in some areas and worse in others. Part of it feels reminiscent to how Brawl's aether worked while the sword was thrown upwards.

Last edited:

Aquasition

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1091-8948-2851
I feel like the jab combo comes out faster now

Also I dubiously think Ike's sword got a slight range increase, or at least, the sword's more noticeable now

Last edited:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Ike's jab combo did indeed get a speed buff somewhere in there, it counts as a true combo on Yoshi now.

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played this fighter for a few weeks, but did forward-aerial always hit so high above him? I remember it missing a lot so I'm wondering if the hitboxes come out earlier now.

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
Ftilt seems to have less knocback

Dash attack is a great kill option now

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
F-Tilt lost damage so it'll do less knockback. It's a much better pivot option now.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I see... Sans already on top of it. Figures. freaking san! lol
Of course!

Fair hitbox is much better. You can short hop+ fair jigglypuff and the hitbox also hits directly above him.

Edit: Holy crap fair hitbox is pretty great now.

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It feels like hitboxes are matching all over. I didn't mention this, but I had easier times hitting with the likes of dair and bair more easily.

All hits of aether deal 20%. I believe it used to be 21%? Idk..

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
I'm feeling like Dair's changed, too. Either it's quicker or lasts a little longer? Or maybe its hitbox is bigger?

Boy, it is going to feel REALLY weird including dash attack in my repertoire after avoiding it like the plague for so long.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Of course!

Fair hitbox is much better. You can short hop+ fair jigglypuff and the hitbox also hits directly above him.

Edit: Holy crap fair hitbox is pretty great now.
Was playing some FE friendlies against Roy and Marth when I noticed it.

Uthrow>fair is a thing now and is kind of ridiculous. Kill setups from throw? Yes please.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
So, do the Dash Attack buffs make it superior to or at least on par with its SSBB counterpart in terms of viability? Although B-throw to Dash Attack is still not possible, 14% damage is significant. That's almost double the amount dealt in Brawl.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to seeing the patch being data mined, so that we can see the changes to even the most subtle aspects, if any.

^-^

Last edited:

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
Ikes Side B is back to brawl start up status. I'm pulling off old Side B tactics I used to do in brawl... Yeah Side B is lovely now... His Fair also has a better hitbox as San stated. It's way better as well

Silver Forte

Smash Rookie
Ikes f-air is amazing now, I am able to get a true combo with up throw at around 130% on Shulk, need to test this on other characters.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ikes Side B is back to brawl start up status. I'm pulling off old Side B tactics I used to do in brawl... Yeah Side B is lovely now... His Fair also has a better hitbox as San stated. It's way better as well
Hah! I wasn't wrong about QD startup :)

D

Deleted member 269706

This is awesome! Thank you to everyone whose been contributing their findings!

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I tested Ike in Training Mode and as it seems his good old Brawl Jab Combo is back.
My brother plays Luigi and he couldn't do anything while finishing my Jab Combo.
The Training Mode also confirm it as a true Combo.Finally Ike has a Great Tool for Close Combat after all this time again <3
I always wondered why his Jabs didn't connect correctly

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Hey just wondering if Jab3 was ever capable of getting kills in the early 100%s? I was playing against a Ness on FG today, and he was at about 110%, and he got KOed from Jab3. I have no idea if it was just bad DI, but I've never actually killed with the jab combo before.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
Yeah I think we should do some match ups over again cause honestly now I don't think he does as bad as anymore. I actually think he is close to tournament viable or he might just be right there.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Awesome changes to Ike! I already noticed he plays extremely smooth now. Hope they won't ever nerf him again. He seems far more viable now. Easily higher midmtier potential.

Arrei

Smash Lord
My god, the changes to Uthrow and Fair are just amazing. It just feels so much better to have the top of the hitbox not be a lie anymore.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
San, make sure you send Shaya the changes, he just got back from a tournament and is going to be making a patch thread with confirmed changes in the near future.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Hey just wondering if Jab3 was ever capable of getting kills in the early 100%s? I was playing against a Ness on FG today, and he was at about 110%, and he got KOed from Jab3. I have no idea if it was just bad DI, but I've never actually killed with the jab combo before.
Kinda sounds like Ness DIed away from the stage to his death. A jab combo on Falcon at 160% sent him a fair distance, but not anywhere near enough to kill.

Tuxdude

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1908-0573-2312
YES! i cant wait until i go home and test these buffs, specially the new fair. and dash attack that was just a miss input 90% of the time.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I'm so not used to this sped up dash attack. The fact that it's much stronger too is amazing.

The start-up was 20 frames pre-patch. Does anyone have an idea what it is now? It feels like ~14.

Forward-aerial easily hitting above and below him is what I wanted the most (does this also mean more start-up decreases?). Up-throw to forward-aerial is so good at almost any percent now.

Ike got some good treatment.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was forgetting to actually use dash attack earlier today. It just feels so... wrong!

The one time I did remember I could actually use it though, it killed. Felt so goooood.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
I have a feeling 1.0.8 is going to end up being the reign of Ike.

I, for one, welcome our new king.

Top Bottom