• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well I'm back from my tournament! I did really well, It was a national level tournament, and I came 4th, aswell as winning my pool!

I got top seed in my Pool, Also being the only guy to not lose a single game in Pools, I consider this a pretty good achievment considering I 2nd seeded when being put into the pools.

Anyway, Onto the bracket, Got a bye and then Played Cong, A diddy who I always go even with, Sadly he learnt the Ike MU since the last time I beat him, And I lost 2-1, Last game was incredibly close though.Into Losers Bracket, I had to face the top Olimar main, Pafos. He had been sent to losers very early on. And I actually 2-0'd him in probably the best match I had played all Day. It got mad hype, I scared him into Air-dodging past the stage with Fsmash on the last stock game 2, As I ended game 1 with an Fsmash. Sadly, it didnt get saved.
Then Played A fox who was in my pool, Beat her 2-0 again.
Then onto Loz8Ichimaru, Our resident Pit main, It went 2-1 to me in an incredibly close set that lasted nearly half an hour. It was probably the most boring, slow, methodical match to ever exist. But I won so that's all that matters.
Next I had to play Sinth, A snake who was the original 1st seed in my pool, He stepped it up loads in bracket and beat me 2-1 to make me finish 4th in the whole tournament. This set was really REALLY close, I'll post a video when it gets put on youtube.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's how my matches with him went last year, and how most of my games vs any Pit and ROB players turn out too XD so stressing.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
To be honest, It was my exact game plan and I'm glad it went as it did, It went to game 3 becaus I SD'd game 2. but it would have gone to time, and it would have been ledgegrab victory. I didn't get to play any ROBs this tournament. Our only one is J.miller, which is just as well really

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Very nice, Blubo.

I moved back home for a while, so now I can actually play Brawl.

Also, I just got Fire Emblem: Awakening a few days ago and just ragequit for a while, since the thief I was trying to level couldn't dodge a 50% and 37% hit, when he only needed to dodge one of them. Only complaining since he got a perfect level up right beforehand, and I never had that before.
I'm replaying Radiant Dawn
And I have had two people (I forget who-- I just remember number) miss both attacks on 92% hit and 94% hit, respectively.
Wasn't crucial, though. Just annoying. I think one of them was Mia and the other was Edward.

Btw hi guys. Been a while since I've shown up here.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Also OoS upB is bad not because people can DI it when they think it's coming, but
because people will always DI the first hit by accident. People never expect to be hit by the first hit of Aether. But when they get hit, they're rarely getting hit by the rest. Most people expecting a jab will hold away at the very least. So when they hold away and get hit by upB, mehhhh.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I actually don't know. I've been pretty even this time through, and I gave Ilyana more BEXP instead of giving her all the last hits.

I could still make it Ilyana, though. This I promise you.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
What decides the date of the ramadan each year ? Does it have to do with the moon calendar ?
Right in the middle of the summer, I can't fathom how hard it must be to not be able to drink during the day.

I'm thinking of using bthrow>sideB on opponents who have retained their RCO lag. Bthrow>dash attack seems like a waste, Bthrow>usmash doesn't work past like 65%. Maybe bthrow>fair, although I'd rather use sideB (if it works) since it's okay to stale it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lunar calender is how i like to refer to it as, but yea that is what we use. Basically the start of a new moon begins a month and since there are like 9 days not accounted for a full revolution which is why ramadan is never on a static date on a solar calender

As for surviving without water, that's easy, just takes willpower. Considering Islam started in a desert, this is a cake walk to back then. My main concern is trying to not waste my time by trying to pass it too much.

Side B is a terrible attack uncharged. Though this might make a nice mind game.. I'mma have to try baiting out a spot dodge after a bthrow.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Considering Islam started in a desert
Yeah, when I think about that too, I'm like "wtf".

@sideB well in this scenario, it'd be to hit the opponent while he lags on the ground due to his RCO lag, so it wouldn't be unsafe -as long as the opponent is at high enough % so that we don't get punished after the sideB connects.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Posted in the critique thread for the first time in forever. If someone wants to critique/point stuff out in a pika-ike friendly set, please have a look.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I've get yet another tournament tomorrow. Hoping to improve upon my 4th place finish from the last tournament and finally get some money, particularly as tomorrow is going to be pretty big. Wish me luck gaiz :D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Looked to improve upon 4th place...AAAAND i got 4th again.
I threw it away though, A grand total of 4 SD's in the set cost me the entire thing. Regardless, It was fun

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Every UK tournament is a national due to the size of the UK, you silly billy.

And thanks. It's hard hosting and competing at the same time for sure

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Toon link likes to hide behind a wall of projectiles. Based on what I play normally, I can say that you will be jabbing and fast fall nairing/fairing a lot. Also, if you can find a gap I do QuickDraw to jab/ grab a lot. But then again, I can read this toon link like the back of my hand. I can't help with the peach MU, but I assume power shield retreating fairs andjavs will be the best bet there.

trytowinthewardude

Smash Rookie
Just about every other move toon link uses is highly punishable...look for those openings and wreck shop. Rave is 100% correct about jabs. Combat walking is hella hard for a TL to get out of until its done a lot of damage. Up tilt is great for when the TL trys to get in close after his inevitable projectile wall spam.

Top Bottom