• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike AT?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I couldn't see what was happening too well, but I think I might have seen that mentioned in a thread else where-
If I remember correctly, you hold A while spacing it so only the first jab hits, or something like that.

Nice job putting it in a video lol. It's a cool move that doesn't have alot of publicity, as far as I've seen.

kolbie232

Smash Rookie
thats exactly right he misses his second kick he only manages to punch and when he misses that kick he has no other choice but to keep punching.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
now this is a true jab lock lol. I think it works on bigger people only though, i can't see this happening to a small target. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
...How will this work though against DI? If people can just DI out of it, it might not be too useful.

Interesting jab lock, though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
...How will this work though against DI? If people can just DI out of it, it might not be too useful.

Interesting jab lock, though.
thats why i think it'll only work on big targets cause smaller ones one have less area to hit and also are better with DI.

kolbie232

Smash Rookie
actually once ur in it u cannot escape and the samll target thing was right it works on mmost middle weight characters and all heavy weights

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well it'll help against the tall characters, BUT..still this fails against Marth and Bowser who can Up B out of this. Idk if DK can Up B (SAF) out of this though.

i wonder if this can be a wall infinite

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
We've been talking about this in Versatile's thread before. It doesn't really work that well against real players. Also, I don't think you can really DI out of it because the first jab has no knockback and the second has a set knockback. However, you can use the momentum in between to move and that way trigger the third jab to come out.

Edit: o en holding A is not an advanced technique. People have used the A button since the first smash game. :p

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
We've been talking about this in Versatile's thread before. It doesn't really work that well against real players. Also, I don't think you can really DI out of it because the first jab has no knockback and the second has a set knockback. However, you can use the momentum in between to move and that way trigger the third jab to come out.

Edit: o en holding A is not an advanced technique. People have used the A button since the first smash game. :p
i have my attack set to Y that makes it advance! actually isnt it advance because you need to get it in the right spot to lock? you cant just hold A when he is across the stage and expect it to work

kolbie232

Smash Rookie
yes it has to be sweet spotted and u say its not advance cuz u have to use a? dude do u know what thunderstorming is? with gaonon thats pretty much two simple buttons and its coniser an AT

Tenki

Smash Hero
Eh, at first it was, but then they found out when his other aerials autocancel their lag. However, SH d-airs with Ganondorf are so useful/commonly used that the name stuck.

IMO if this move regains publicity/usage, it'll probably be referred to as Ike's Jab Lock, since the way that it's done/set up for him is uniquely his alone.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
yes it has to be sweet spotted and u say its not advance cuz u have to use a? dude do u know what thunderstorming is? with gaonon thats pretty much two simple buttons and its coniser an AT
Yeah jumping and doing an air move before hitting the ground has been called an AT plenty of times. Just because stupid people call everything an AT doesn't mean that everything stupid can become an AT. This thunderstorming is a cool name and all but anyone claiming it's an AT has been wrong all along.

Also, your topic title suggest that you wanted to know if this was an AT, I'm simply helping you out by pointing out the fact that it's not.

Edit: @Tenki, I don't think it'll be used much. It's pretty much a sandbag combo.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's works with Dthrow also, and something else, I forgot alread .:p

kolbie232

Smash Rookie
u dont think thunderstorming is an advance tech? that was a really noobish thing to say cuz it deffently is

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
I´ve been doing this since Brawl came out, it's not new really, simply not talked about.

I have only been able to do this consistently against Ganondorfs (and sandbag before WiFi matches), you cant DI out of it (at low/mid percents) and only ends if their damage is real high and/or they got to the end of the stage in which case Ike does the 3rd attack.

So what other characters you say this can be done to?

EDIT: I can do this to real players who can DI, only works good against Ganondorf for me though.

metroid1117

Smash Master
This seems to only work because the opponent is too far for Ike's second hit to work; a smart opponent could simply DI into you to activate the second hit. Because it is unreliable and cannot be applied in a high-level match, I don't think it can be called an advanced technique.

Other than that though, it was really funny.

Chaco

Never Logs In
This seems to only work because the opponent is too far for Ike's second hit to work; a smart opponent could simply DI into you to activate the second hit. Because it is unreliable and cannot be applied in a high-level match, I don't think it can be called an advanced technique.

Other than that though, it was really funny.
Nope not the way I do it, you let them land on your held down a, and it does the same thing. =)

Top Bottom