• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IGN's wishlist for Smash 4

smashbot226

Smash Master
Sakurai planned on adding Lucas, but didn't manage to get enough time to put him in, so he brought in Ness.

If he had more time, he would have been in.

Snake was in due to Hideo practically sucking Sakurai's d*ck ad Sonic is in by MASSIVE fanservice.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Baby bowser is O.K.
Shadow Mario is a no. But maybe Mario sunshine.
Tom Nook? What will he do? Loan you money?
King K. Rool is a definite YES
Mewtwo is one of those characters I remember from pokemon. I wouldn't mind havin him back, but I would prefer Mew.
Midna as her own character, I don't know. Combined with Link would be cool. Or a Link that can change between wolf form + midna and normal (including some of those unique weapons from Twilight Princess) kind of like Zelda and Shiek.
Despite how awesome Ridley is, I don't know how he could really be a playable character. He would make a wicked master hand - like boss though.

The characters I didn't mention I didn't have an opinion on.

Machete

Smash Ace
Sakurai planned on adding Lucas, but didn't manage to get enough time to put him in, so he brought in Ness.

If he had more time, he would have been in.

Snake was in due to Hideo practically sucking Sakurai's d*ck ad Sonic is in by MASSIVE fanservice.
Geno is third-party. If he's not playable, he's not in at all.

Despite how awesome Ridley is, I don't know how he could really be a playable character. He would make a wicked master hand - like boss though.
Imagine a bigger and more powerful Jigglypuff. A monster in the air, but very weak in the ground. If you're talking about size, in the Metroid manga or the Melee intro he's not much taller than Samus.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Geno is third-party. If he's not playable, he's not in at all.

Imagine a bigger and more powerful Jigglypuff. A monster in the air, but very weak in the ground. If you're talking about size, in the Metroid manga or the Melee intro he's not much taller than Samus.
But all he does is fly. I can't imagine Ridley having many ground attacks.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
10. Bowser Jr / Shadow Mario - GOOD
9. Tom Nook - MAYBE
8. Samurai Goroh - GOOD
7. King K. Rool - GOOD
6. Geno - YES!!
5. Mewtwo - GOOD
4. Rival PT - NO...
3. Midna - MAYBE
2. Ridley - NO
1. Koopalings - MAYBE

Bowser Jr. has move potantial; Shadow Mario sounds like a clone to me...

I can't picture Nook Killing others...but then again, I couldn't imagine ROB in the game either (even though I did hope for his appearance)...

F-Zero needs more reps and he seems like the perfect choice.

DK also needs more reps and Rool looks like he could fit in, though I would rather prefer the other kongs in first...

Geno would fit perfectly in! but Square is holding him back...Nintendo would put WAY better use to him.

Mewtwo was actually good, and was fun to play mindgames with him, but he felt a bit rushed...improove him and put him in.

Pokemon has WAY too many reps if you count PT as separate 3...I say alt costume for PT would have been better...

Midna has a move potential, and Wolf Link DOES look cool...

I don't know why people want Ridley in...he seems more boss material to me than playable material...no offence...

it could be creative and possibly work out...but 1st?!?! THATS STUPID!!

I personally would have wanted to see Krystal, Geno, and any of the hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters (Sylux seems like the best candidate, especially since the MP3:C secret ending shows what seems to be his ship...).

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
Because he's the main antagonist of Metroid?

Ganondorf says "hi".
technically Ridley is already in Brawl...one of my friends wanted to see Petey in the game...he got his wish, but not in the way he imagined it...

Sakurai considered Ganondorf as playable because he seems resonable...but he ruined it by making him a clone on Falcon...I guess because he couldn't imagine any moves he could have at the time...Ridley could have a chance, but Sakurai might do the same thing as he did with Ganonforf...first, he would have to be WAY smaller (probably just around the size of Bowser or less) give him strong attacks, but also make him weak (since he's always dying and mechanizing himself but with major weak points) and floaty (since he looks like bones...unless they make him mechanized) to balance him out...you wouldn't imagine THE GREAT (almost god like...or devil like) Ridley turned into an easly killable playable character...at least I can't imagine...

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
10. Bowser Jr / Shadow Mario - HELL YES
9. Tom Nook - HELL NO
8. Samurai Goroh - NOT GONNA HAPPEN
7. King K. Rool - HELL YES
6. Geno - HELL YES
5. Mewtwo - Maybe
4. Rival PT - YES - With Mudkip,Grovyle and Blaziken
3. Midna - NO
2. Ridley - I Wish, but made a boss by brawl so not likely
1. Koopalings - HELL NO

For the next smash game they need to add

9)Bowser Jr/Shadow mario
8)King (Preferably Captain) K.Rool
7) May from ruby/sapphire with mudkip, grovyle and blaziken
6)Geno
5)Vaati (2nd primary LoZ villian)
4)Dixie (semi clone of diddy with helicopter hair)
3)Krystal (staff based moveset,Assault based costume. Not a furry)
2) Sylux (IF that is his ship at the end of Metroid prime corruption, then He'll become more prominent in the story, plus he tooks totally badass)
1)Takamaru (Samurai FTW)

Opinions?

Machete

Smash Ace
technically Ridley is already in Brawl...one of my friends wanted to see Petey in the game...he got his wish, but not in the way he imagined it...

Sakurai considered Ganondorf as playable because he seems resonable...but he ruined it by making him a clone on Falcon...I guess because he couldn't imagine any moves he could have at the time...Ridley could have a chance, but Sakurai might do the same thing as he did with Ganonforf...first, he would have to be WAY smaller (probably just around the size of Bowser or less) give him strong attacks, but also make him weak (since he's always dying and mechanizing himself but with major weak points) and floaty (since he looks like bones...unless they make him mechanized) to balance him out...you wouldn't imagine THE GREAT (almost god like...or devil like) Ridley turned into an easly killable playable character...at least I can't imagine...
If Ridley didn't make it, it's because Sakurai made the roster in 2005. He didn't know that Ridley was popular. However, he made him the most recurring boss in the game.

Ridley could be the biggest character (being a bit bigger than Bowser), having weak but long-ranged attacks (Ridley isn't as powerful as Bowser, or Ganondorf), being the best character in the air...

Also, Ganondorf, Ness and Mewtwo were weak in Melee, but they were in. However, they're extremelly powerful in their respective games. As long as Ridley is in, I'm satisfied.

Tom Nook - HELL NO
Animal Crossing deserves a character.

8. Samurai Goroh - NOT GONNA HAPPEN
Why? He's the only good F-Zero character whose name is not Falcon.

2. Ridley - I Wish, but made a boss by brawl so not likely
Charizard was a pokéball pokémon in Melee, and now he's playable.

10)Bowser Jr/Shadow mario
Bowser Jr. doesn't need that stupid transformation.

Hell no.

2) Sylux (IF that is his ship at the end of Metroid prime corruption, then He'll become more prominent in the story, plus he tooks totally badass)
NO. I have been a Metroid fan since the original Metroid, and Sylux doesn't deserve (At all) the playable status in Smash Bros. Nothing from Hunters, please. That crappy spin-off is the worst game in the series. Also, having Sylux, a generic and non-important secondary villain, over Ridley, the main antagonist of the series?
This is madness.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
Koopalings Ftl... :|

EDIT: Ridley better be in SSB4:embarrass
he best be, or ElSE!!!!:mad::mad::mad: i mean, COMEON, Star Fox got more representation- Luigified-clones, than metroid! wtheck was nintendo thinking? crazyness. i guess.

Life Rule #43- Never Take a questionare on what playable characters you want for a video game made by a japanese developer. you won't get it.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
For the next smash game they need to add

9)Bowser Jr/Shadow mario
8)King (Preferably Captain) K.Rool
6)Geno
5)Vaati (2nd primary LoZ villian)
4)Dixie (semi clone of diddy with helicopter hair)
3)Krystal (staff based moveset,Assault based costume. Not a furry)
1)Takamaru (Samurai FTW)

Opinions?
I agree, except for 7 since in my opinion we have enough pokemanz (we can't have ALL pokemon playable, you know...) unless another is removed and 1 since I don't know who he is...:dizzy:

oh, and SYLUX FTW!!!

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Ridley is now a boss. He has been labelled by sakurai/sora/nintendo as to big. I wanted Ridley as much as the next guy, but thats just the way it is.

Oh and for Sylux, IF (and i did say if) that is his ship that follow Samus, then he will have a role to play, and his character will get fleshed out. Dark samus wasn't in brawl so shes highly unlikely. Sylux now has the highest chance of being another metroid rep.

Oh and in his interview sakurai mentioned that would find it hard to implement animal crossing/nintendog characters into brawl because of it's completely non violent nature.

Machete

Smash Ace
Ridley is now a boss. He has been labelled by sakurai/sora/nintendo as to big. I wanted Ridley as much as the next guy, but thats just the way it is.
Charizard has been a pokéball pokémon in both 64 and Melee... your point?
Ridley was smaller in Melee, they can make him small again.

Sylux now has the highest chance of being another metroid rep.
No. Sylux is originated in the worst game of the serie and, isn't nearly as popular as Ridley. Sylux won't be in before Ridley. That's like putting Gohma over Ganondorf or Petey Piranha over Bowser.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Charizard has been a pokéball pokémon in both 64 and Melee... your point?
Ridley was smaller in Melee, they can make him small again.

No. Sylux is originated in the worst game of the serie and, isn't nearly as popular as Ridley. Sylux won't be in before Ridley. That's like putting Gohma over Ganondorf or Petey Piranha over Bowser.
Well the concept of the pokemon trainer wasn't created until brawl, so my point is simple, that Ridley has been made to look huge, nearly as big as rayquaza. The main argument against him actually turned out to be true. When he was hugely requested for brawl and yet made a boss, what does that say about his chances?

Did i ever say that Sylux was more popular than Ridley? Did i ever say anything in regards to the game in which Sylux originated? No. But if we're looking at straight facts here.

1) If Sylux features in the next metroid game (a very high chance that he will) then he will have crossed 3 metroid games.
2) Sylux is a similair size to Samus, and shows a huge contempt for her. From a design point of view, creating a rival for samus that looks very similair to her has been a theme in smash bros games (Fox and Wolf anyone?)
3)Metroid lacks characters, Samus rarely speaks and when she does it's mostly been text based, Ridley is equally one dimensional. Sylux comes with a backstory, albeit a small one.He has between now and the next smash game a chance to be fleshed out, we hardly know anything about him atm.

Still, what i've just written is completely pointless, the next smash is years away. A whole new fully formed character might interact with Samus, creating a perfect rep.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yes, one thing:

Did Geno EVER appear in Melee or the 64 Smash in ANY way, shape, or form?

What's that? NO???

Well guess what?

Pit was. MK was. DDD was. Olimar was. Squirtle and Charizard were. Wario was. Ridley was.

Was Geno? Absolutely friggin' not. Neither was Krystal, but at LEAST she appeared in Brawl.

If Geno was to have a miniscule chance, he'd have appeared as a cameo in Melee.

He's screwed, face it.
-_________________________-' You do realise that Geno is technically third party, right? Sakurai said it was a monstrous pain in the butt to get third party characters for Brawl so of course he's not going to show up as a mere trophy or sticker... Also, it should be noted that nothing third party appeared in any form in Melee so you basically shot yourself in the foot in that regard.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Pokemon is extremely popular, not with myself personally but for the millions upon millions of people who bought diamond and pearl. In Japan especially it's still quite popular.

It all depends on whether you count pokemon trainer as 1 rep or 3. I see him as one, 3 movesets but you have to alternate, May from the 3rd gen could be like that. Now that the concept of the pokemon trainer has been created, thats probably how they'll incorporate pokemon.

Oh and some people wanted Blaziken playable in brawl, this gives them that along with two others.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Pokemon is extremely popular, not with myself personally but for the millions upon millions of people who bought diamond and pearl. In Japan especially it's still quite popular.

It all depends on whether you count pokemon trainer as 1 rep or 3. I see him as one, 3 movesets but you have to alternate, May from the 3rd gen could be like that. Now that the concept of the pokemon trainer has been created, thats probably how they'll incorporate pokemon.

Oh and some people wanted Blaziken playable in brawl, this gives them that along with two others.
I'm pretty sure Blaziken can stand out on his own without needing 2 other pokemon. Maybe alternate costumes are ok, but I doubt Sakurai is going to flood the game with playable pokemon :ohwell:

Viroxor

Smash Ace
This list fails. Koopalings? I saw enough of them in Super Mario World, back in the 90's, thanks you. And they didn't even push for Krystal. Wow. They'd be the first.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
6-10 times? Ridley's not that huge in Brawl. Stop at 00:37 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJP8TtY3eig

Notice how Pikachu isn't standing straight up. Even with the changes of perspective, I'd say that Ridley is about the height of 3 1/2 Pikachus in this scene. Ridley could be made the height of about 1 2/3 Samus's if he were made playable. Upon further inspection, I noticed that Brawl Ridley is already about the twice the height of Samus and it stands out most at
1:51. It should be noted that Ridley almost never stands up perfectly straight either when he's on the ground. Because of his rather unusual body structure, he always has his limbs bent at an acute angle when he's stationed on the ground. Look at these pictures for example:

If he were standing up completely straight, yes, he'd be obnoxiously big but when you add his "ground position" to the theoritical sizing down, you would no longer have a character that would be completely unnatural in an SSB setting.
Reposting this because the Ridley debate is still going on. Also, to whoever said it, the developers didn't decide Ridley was too big because Sakurai decided Brawl's roster in about 2 days and mainly used characters that were 1. left on the cutting room floor for Melee or 2. ranked decently in the offical Melee poll. 10 of the 14 individual newcomers fell in these two categories while the remaing 4 were basically added out of obligation:

Ike- Most recent FE protagonist like Roy in Melee.
Lucario- Represents most recent generation like Pichu in Melee.
Olimar-The only major Miyamoto franchise that didn't have a playable rep yet.
ROB- A WTF character on the same grounds as Mr. Game and Watch.

It should also be noted that Ridley didn't appear on the Melee poll at all and strong demand for his inclusion really didn't start until 2006.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Blaziken can stand out on his own without needing 2 other pokemon. Maybe alternate costumes are ok, but I doubt Sakurai is going to flood the game with playable pokemon :ohwell:
He can stand up without the other two, but he won't. He's to obscure, there are about 500 pokes out there (and there will be more by the time the next smash comes out.)

For every pokemon trainer theres been a rival. May could be that rival, I'm not saying I want there to be more pokemon other than the three i stated, but if there was to be more pokemon (and there will be) then Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken would be the best choice IMO.

Also
smash 64 - 2 pokemon
Melee - 4 pokemon
Brawl - 6 pokemon
Is it really a stretch to imagine 9 playable pokes? The sequels can only get bigger.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
He can stand up without the other two, but he won't. He's to obscure, there are about 500 pokes out there (and there will be more by the time the next smash comes out.)

For every pokemon trainer theres been a rival. May could be that rival, I'm not saying I want there to be more pokemon other than the three i stated, but if there was to be more pokemon (and there will be) then Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken would be the best choice IMO.

Also
smash 64 - 2 pokemon
Melee - 4 pokemon
Brawl - 6 pokemon
Is it really a stretch to imagine 9 playable pokes? The sequels can only get bigger.
Don't expect a pattern with Smash, it's unpredictable. What makes you so sure Blaziken won't stand out alone? If he's popular enough, which I'm pretty sure he is, Sakurai isn't going to add to other pokemon and a trainer to go along with him and I'm willing to bet on that too.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Don't expect a pattern with Smash, it's unpredictable. What makes you so sure Blaziken won't stand out alone? If he's popular enough, which I'm pretty sure he is, Sakurai isn't going to add to other pokemon and a trainer to go along with him and I'm willing to bet on that too.
A) Blaziken won't stand out alone because he'll be less well known in 4/5 years time than he is now. As a lone character he missed his chance.

B)I agree, there are no patterns. But theres always been a pokemon trainer and theres always been a pokemon rival, your rival is pretty much integral to the game. IF pokemon gets another rep, theres a high chance it'll be a rival, and if it's a rival then the mudkip, grovyle and blaziken combo is the most viable.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
A) Blaziken won't stand out alone because he'll be less well known in 4/5 years time than he is now. As a lone character he missed his chance.

B)I agree, there are no patterns. But theres always been a pokemon trainer and theres always been a pokemon rival, your rival is pretty much integral to the game. IF pokemon gets another rep, theres a high chance it'll be a rival, and if it's a rival then the mudkip, grovyle and blaziken combo is the most viable.
Their rival will be Mewtwo, the prefect way to bring him back :chuckle:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
3)Metroid lacks characters, Samus rarely speaks and when she does it's mostly been text based, Ridley is equally one dimensional. Sylux comes with a backstory, albeit a small one.He has between now and the next smash game a chance to be fleshed out, we hardly know anything about him atm.
You do realize Ridley has a backstory as well? As does Samus. Sakurai will pick Sylux if he gains popularity, which won't happen for a while, at least until the next Metroid game. Ridley has been, and always will be increasingly popular. IMO, both should be in, along with Dark Samus(please don't flame me, I'm stating my opinion, plus, more Metroid playable characters, what's to hate?) as the 4 Metroid reps(sorry Zamus, you're a transformation, and still Samus). Ridley CAN be resized, if they choose too. It's all up to Sakurai...IF he even makes SSB4.
Their rival will be Mewtwo, the prefect way to bring him back :chuckle:
If Mewtwo doesn't return, I'll be a sad panda :(

YSM

Smash Apprentice
People don't seem to realize WHY Mewtwo was removed. It's because his body makes fighting with him very awkward. He's too big, his tail is way too long and his arms are too short. That's why he was so hard to use in Melee. Lucario fixed this problem, because he could have a moveset that's still somewhat similar to Mewtwo, but much easier to use because he's BUILT like a fighter.

As for future Pokemon...Darkrai needs to be playable. And if they're going to make a rival, I think they should have a Giovanni-type rival...whereas, instead of 3 starters, you just have 3 of the more popular Pokemon. Imagine this...Weavile as the speedy lightweight, Scizor as the powerful middleweight, and Salamence as the slow heavy dragon that packs a punch. Those 3 would be cooler than any 3 starter Pokemon by far.

LuigiTheKing

Smash Cadet
I love how everyone is complaining over their wish list, especially when people complain "WTF NO MEGAMAN" when it's all Nintendo.

These are pretty much all of the characters everyone complained about and wanted in, there's no pleasing you people, all of these characters would be extremely awesome additions, especially the Koopalings.

The Koopalings were freaking sweet.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
People don't seem to realize WHY Mewtwo was removed. It's because his body makes fighting with him very awkward. He's too big, his tail is way too long and his arms are too short. That's why he was so hard to use in Melee. Lucario fixed this problem, because he could have a moveset that's still somewhat similar to Mewtwo, but much easier to use because he's BUILT like a fighter.

As for future Pokemon...Darkrai needs to be playable. And if they're going to make a rival, I think they should have a Giovanni-type rival...whereas, instead of 3 starters, you just have 3 of the more popular Pokemon. Imagine this...Weavile as the speedy lightweight, Scizor as the powerful middleweight, and Salamence as the slow heavy dragon that packs a punch. Those 3 would be cooler than any 3 starter Pokemon by far.
I totally agree with you on the Mewtwo/Lucario deal, but I'm gonna miss Mewtwo's air attacks and throws.

Darkwai would be kind of cool, but I can't really imagine him playable, he's kind of ghostly. But who in their right mind would play as the original Pokemon Trainer with Giovanni and those Pokemon? Scizor and Salamence also aren't even trophies, and aren't important to the series. Weavile on the other hand is a Pokeball pokemon and also was one of the first pokemon unveiled for D/P, so she actually has a chance of being part of your Giovanni-type rival's roster.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree with you on the Mewtwo/Lucario deal, but I'm gonna miss Mewtwo's air attacks and throws.

Darkwai would be kind of cool, but I can't really imagine him playable, he's kind of ghostly. But who in their right mind would play as the original Pokemon Trainer with Giovanni and those Pokemon? Scizor and Salamence also aren't even trophies, and aren't important to the series. Weavile on the other hand is a Pokeball pokemon and also was one of the first pokemon unveiled for D/P, so she actually has a chance of being part of your Giovanni-type rival's roster.
Ivysaur really isn't important to the series either. Nobody cares much for middle starters, and Ivysaur is the most unoriginal of the three anyways(all he does is grow leaves and a bud). Scizor was a Pokeball in 64, but that's besides the point...among TRUE Pokemon fans, Scizor and Salamence are incredibly popular. Not only that, but they would be extremely easy to make movesets for. Not that it HAS to be those 3, either...but I guarantee you if you took a poll on a Pokemon-only message board, you'd get many more votes for Pokemon like those 3 than more starters. Heck, other than Blaziken most starters are somewhat disliked among fans...because, let's face it, Pokemon like Empoleon and Meganium just can't touch Blastoise and Venusaur.

Luigi player

Smash Master

I disagree with the Mewtwo thing.

Mewtwo's arms aren't any shorter than the arms from others, and his size can't be a problem, he's not that big. Bowser is bigger and Ganondorf probably too. Mewtwo can be resized like everyone else, and like it was in Melee. I don't see a problem with this.

He was so hard to use in Melee, because the developers made him like that. It could've been anyone else too. And Mewtwo is also built like a fighter. Not as much as Lucario, but still. And I don't see a problem with a more psychic character. Zelda is somewhat like that too, and Lucas and Ness.

I don't see a problem with Mewtwo's tail, it's not that long and there are attacks that have more reach. And it wasn't the ultimate weapon too, as you see on the tier list.

I really hope Mewtwo makes it back into the next Smash, but I'm not sure if it'll happen. Maybe there'll be a new Pokemon generation before the next Smash is here, and the new Pokemon will be from there. It makes Mewtwo's chances slim, and that's really sad.

Top Bottom