• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ignore

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It is not to late to join.

The (No Meta Knight) Bi Weekly Tournament

When: Saturday, November 15th
What Time: 4 pm PMT (7pm EST)

Obvious:

This is a 64-bracket tournament held every two weeks. Obviously we will not always fill every spot or even get close to filling every spot. That is OBVIOUS. That does not mean that all 64 spots must be filled. However many spots are filled will be filled and adjusted, and some people will get free "walks" into the next round to make this work. The maximum cap for the brackets is 64 spots however.

We will run on 4 spots, 6 spots, 8 spots, 9 spots, 13 spots, etc.

Past Winners:

Week 1:
Winners Bracket
Aryman - 1st Place
Havokk - 2nd Place

Losers Bracket
SamusBrawler

Week 2:
Winners Bracket
Owndizzl3r_Ownag3 - 1st Place
Shadowfirex100 - Second Place

Losers Bracket
Didn't have one this week.

Brackets
Tournament #1
Due to errors, no bracket was formally created in the OP.

Tournament #2:
Contestants:
1. Barge
2. PKLuv
3. SDWFE
4. Havok
5. Bob
6. ELPRO
7. iGGY
8. Silvr
9. dave!
10. bui

Bracket - Round 1

Silvr vs SDWFE -- SDWFE Advances
dave! vs PKLUV -- dave! Advances
Havok vs Barge -- Barge Advances
ELPRO vs IGGY -- Iggy Advances
bui vs bob -- Bob advances

Bracket - Round 2

SDWFE vs Barge
Iggy vs bob - Iggy Advances

Dave! battles winner of Iggy vs Bob match.
Winner of SDWFE vs Barge gets walk.

Pre-Tourney Rules:
  • You must pick only 3 characters, however you are allowed to change these three characters at any time up until 5 hours before the tournament starts.
  • If you like, please choose one BANNED stage. You will not play on this stage in any of your sets. You may only BAN a counterpick stage. This is not required.
  • 5 Hours before the tournament, all information is definite. You will not be able to edit this information, so if you change your mind make sure to tell us before then!
  • Havokk or SamusBrawlerwill PM you Saturday to remind you of the tournament, roughly 5 hours before tournament (you won't be able to edit your info!)
Legal Characters:

All but :metaknight: are allowed.

Legal Stages

Neutral
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Smashville

Counterpick
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Norfair
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Corneria
  • Pirate Ship
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Tournament Rules

• 3 Stock
  • 8 Minutes
  • Loser of Round 1 picks Counterpick Stage
  • You may only use the 3 characters you pick.
  • You may use 1 of your 3 characters the entire tournament, use two, or all three, how you use them is up to you
  • Infinites are limited to 250% at which you must KO your opponent.
  • Unlisted stages are considered Banned for this tournament

Contestants and Registering

Fill out this form to register:

• In Game Name-
  • Friend Code-
  • Banned Stage-
  • Main-
  • Secondary-
  • Secondary-

Contestants

etc.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Hmm.... I'll join this. Good idea with doing this on Sunday instead of Saturday right after Halloween. But I doubt very many will join in the 4 days before this is set to start.

IGN- DTP

Characters:
Main- Zelda
Secondary- Peach
Secondary- Luigi

Friend Code- 3995-8553-8766

Just to be sure, we can only use the 3 characters we put in the info above?

EDIT: Nvm I finished reading what you posted and found the answer :)

SuSa

Yes, and you are allowed to edit those three up until 5 hours before the tournament.

I'm sure not many will join this first tournament, but I wanted to get it started and start advertising it to friends on other sites, etc. :)

edit:

Added a "banned stage" choice if you would like.
Added "pre tourney rules" (aka: things you should know that aren't exactly "tourney rules"

edit #2:

This will be updated again tomorrow at 12pm ~ PMT (aka: when I get back from school tomorrow)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Hopefully at least 16 people sign up so you can get a bracket going. This should be fun.

SuSa

I'm hoping for a turnout of at least 12, and best-case scenario would be 24 or 32, but thats so highly doubtful.

If you want to tell friends about this, that would be great :) I'm advertising it to a few friends of mine that love online tourneys (and hate MK)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I can do that actually, glad to be of some help :)

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
IGN- ARY

Characters:
Main- Snake
Secondary- ROB
Secondary- Falco

Friend Code-

Banned Stage-Luigis Mansion

Question: do you HAVE to use the 3 characters you pick, or can you stick with one char. the entire tourney? I'm not sure why you have us put in 3 characters.

SuSa

IGN- ARY

Characters:
Main- Snake
Secondary- ROB
Secondary- Falco

Friend Code-

Banned Stage-Luigis Mansion

Question: do you HAVE to use the 3 characters you pick, or can you stick with one char. the entire tourney? I'm not sure why you have us put in 3 characters.
It's so you can get a rough estimate of which stage to ban, which character to counterpick against a main, etc.

You can use 1 character the entire tournament, or you can use 2, or you can switch it up every match, thats up to you. However this allows a "limited variety" and its more or less to let me get an idea of characters that would dominate a non-MK scene if I can get a list of 3 characters from everyone. I would keep it 2 characters, but thats not enough variety :p

I also let everyone switch anytime before 5 hours before the tournament in case they notice their characters have tons of bad matchups in the tourney, however you won't be able to counterpick any ONE player because 4-5 hours before the tourney is when I am putting the brackets up, so you won't know who you are fighting until everything is "sealed" so to speak.

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
u ***. u keep meta out... *sigh*
fine
i'll abide by ur rulez :/

sign me up for me. im too lazy to do it myself

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Is it possible to add a counter pick stage to the list. I kinda want Brinstar, I'm trying that out as my CP of choice. But if you don't want to add it then thats fine :)
and I suppose I need to pick a CP to ban right? Well then I'll choose Luigi's Mansion I guess

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Ok thats fine lol at least I don't have to play on luigi's mansion :laugh:

Barge

All I want is a custom title
IGN- Barge

Characters:
Main- Toon Link
Secondary- Ice Climbers
Secondary- Ness

Friend Code- 5284-3377-5176

Banned Stage- Norfair fo' sho'

BobSmith006

Smash Cadet
I should be able to join, as I'm not doing anything Sunday. So I'll give it a shot. :D

IGN- Bob

Characters:
Main - Oli
Secondary - Zamus
Secondary - Lucas

Friend Code - 4597-0206-6790

Banned Stage - Norfair

Barge

I don't think 64 will fill up, especially in a time lapse of 4 days. I say just go with 16

SuSa

I don't think 64 will fill up, especially in a time lapse of 4 days. I say just go with 16
No offence, but did you read all the pretty colors? :lick:

Lets start with the biggest word "Obvious"

and I quote:
Obvious:

This is a 64-bracket tournament held every two weeks. Obviously we will not always fill every spot or even get close to filling every spot. That is OBVIOUS. That does not mean that all 64 spots must be filled. However many spots are filled will be filled and adjusted, and some people will get free "walks" into the next round to make this work. The maximum cap for the brackets is 64 spots however.

We will run on 4 spots, 6 spots, 8 spots, 9 spots, 13 spots, etc.

Barge

I know, It says theres a possibility that 64 won't fill up. I'm just saying o-o

BobSmith006

Smash Cadet
Hey, I've changed my mind. Could you replace my banned stage pick with Port Town Aero Dive instead please?

SuSa

I'm grounded, therefore the tournament <b>may or may not</b> be tomorrow. I may postpone it until next Sat.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm only on because I changed rooms, and if my internet stays on long enough I will still run the tournament, but I am unsure if I am going to be able to participate.

SuSa

If I am not grounded again by tomorrow, we will have 7 contestants, since my wifi is down due to me being grounded.

If I am grounded again by tomorrow, no one will get their private message reminder, few will show, and the tournament will be post-poned to next Saturday. Which means we'll have another week to get more contestants.

I'm hoping for the first, think it will be the latter however.

When the tournament does go, it should be over on Saturday, and if not Sat. then Sunday.

Hence why I host it on Saturdays :3 so we can have Sunday if need be. (especially if this gets larger)

SuSa

Yes, I asked my mother if I could be ungrounded and she said she would tell my stepdad.

So either way, the tourney is going today.

Situation #1

I can participate if my Wifi is turned on, I can hook my wii up.

Situation #2

I can't participate, but I can still host.

situation #3

My mom tells my stepdad, he says no, he is a **** about it, and checks my internet, finds that it is on for my computer, and turns it off. (HIGHLY doubtful)

SuSa

Yes, I asked my mother if I could be ungrounded and she said she would tell my stepdad.

So either way, the tourney is going today.

Situation #1

I can participate if my Wifi is turned on, I can hook my wii up.

Situation #2

I can't participate, but I can still host.

situation #3

My mom tells my stepdad, he says no, he is a **** about it, and checks my internet, finds that it is on for my computer, and turns it off. (HIGHLY doubtful)

Top Bottom