• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ignore this threadsies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Xif makes such a great panelist...he's so unbiased towards smashers.... >.> lol

SheerMadness

Smash Master
The panel should NOT include any players who could be considered to be top 10. The only 2 top 10 worthy players that haven't attempted to promote themselves are Uber Ice and Col Bol. Simpley put, egos will get in the way of a fair list if you have top 10 players being panelists. This is not an attack on any of you, because it is human nature to be egocentric. But then the problem becomes finding nonbiased panelists who are significantly knowledgeable about all parts of Florida. I do, however, think it is possible to find these types of players. For Central Florida I'd have to nominate Angry Lobster to be a panelist.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
You know...I agree with Sheer's idea in some form...yes, it would be open to more bias...but the panel should just be taking that into consideration...

The problem with the idea is that the most knowledgeable and most suited for panelistism (lol) people in their respective areas are the ones that are being considered for the list as well.

For example, QDVS has always been the choice to rep SWFL...as he understands the game so well, and watches a lot of their matches, and is very active and respected in the community.
Likewise, Xif simply knows more about SEFL than most if not all of the other smashers down there...he plays everybody down there anyways, he should know...

The point of having a fairly large number of panelists, including at least one from each region of FL is to eliminate the problem of personal bias as much as is humanly possible. Face it, with every list, there's going to be some form of bias...that's inevitable, we're all humans. The larger number, though, and the respective representatives from the regions should be working to eliminate that as much as possible.

Now, as for CFL panelistism, who is it going to be? I was originally nominated...then kinda cast away...and now I'm confused. I will do it, if necessary...

If I were still playing Fox, I would probably decline that as I feel I should have been a consideration for the old power rankings...that's a different subject, but I would not do it if I mained Fox... However, I'm now going low tier, and simply taking the game as a lot of fun, so I have no thought, really, to try to be included in the list ever...so I would be as unbiased as I could possibly be.

I don't really feel the need to be a panelist, but it's completely up to you guys...if I am taken as one, I'll do as well as I possibly can...those who know me know that.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Sorry for the double post, but this needed said...

Angry Lobster said:
I should be number 1 on the list! shiz who?!
Quoted from the other FL rankings thread...
A-L is waaaaaaay to cocky to ever be a panelist...I mean, that's unreasonable...I hear he starts every match with "I play Ness, noob. Can you handle the PK???"

And really, why is he angry all the time? He's far too unstable to reasonably discuss the rankings...and I hope this shows it...

<3 A-L

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I dunno why the hell I'm not sleeping right now but yah.

I agree that the most knowledgeable Florida smashers are probably going to be the ones in the top 10 since they're more willing to attend tourneys. I just think that if there is a way to find equally knowledgeable smashers who won't be top 10 the list would probably end up a lot less biased.

vericz

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post, but this needed said...

Quoted from the other FL rankings thread...
A-L is waaaaaaay to cocky to ever be a panelist...I mean, that's unreasonable...I hear he starts every match with "I play Ness, noob. Can you handle the PK???"

And really, why is he angry all the time? He's far too unstable to reasonably discuss the rankings...and I hope this shows it...

<3 A-L
Don't know if you were just kidding fenrir, but remember what happened in the other thread because of a few misunderstood words.
I have never seen lobster to be cocky at all, nor have I heard him say anything like that before a match. He is one of the nicest smashers out there and never puts anyone down. He probably just said that to instigate, people didn't say anything at all because lobster is so respected.
I don't think he is angry, just the lobster.

<3 A-L and fenrir

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Yeah, I would think that Fenrir is using just a small bit of sarcasm. I would be willing to be a panelist, but I have only limited experience with regards to the non central Florida community. However, if any questions specifically regard central Florida players, I would be more than willing to answer with the least amount of bias possible.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I'm not considering myself for the list anymore, after sucking majorly at gigabits, I don't deserve to be on it.

I thought beforehand, since I had placed similar to QDVS in tournaments I had attended, that I might be worthy of being on the PR. I think I could have backed up my placing had anyone questioned it.

Now, I definitely need to be kicked off the list and replaced by Rice.

EDIT: Oh and BTW We all should boycott the next gigabits tournament because they never posted full results from this last one!

rice

Smash Journeyman
I don't need to be on the list, i feel as if im not close to good enough. But thanks anyways Exarch :). There are a lot of individuals that deserve the spot, ones that have been to mroe tournaments and have proved what they are capable of.
Anyways, people still need to get together soon and make one :).

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
rice is actually pretty close to being number 10, which is ridiculous considering his experience and training.

the first post there was lambchops, he was over (still is actually) last night and him and johnny posted on my Wii.

Of course there is going to be bias, and I'm obviously going to think i'm better than I probably am (I try not to, but its a simple matter of the fact, its unavoidable.) and I'm going to say that green mario is number 1 and all this other stuff just because its the regional and personal bias. But thats why there's on than more panelists from all regions.

You dont have to worry sheermadness, all bias gets nullified in the end because of the number of panelists and the variety thereof.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*votes Marty as a FL panelist*

I still feel you guys should take a leaf out of GA's panel book and try and come up with a similar system. Or perhaps you could split up rankings, for example a SFL ranking of top 5, a NFL ranking of top 5 etc etc. This would be used to eliminate some of the biased views on who should truely be above another based on skill. A weird idea yes, but still an idea.

However, I also feel that you should base it off of tournament record, not "who can beat/who is better than who." Because you're asking for trouble with that one.

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
I also have decided that since we panelists have trouble being on all at the same time for offical discussions we should decide on one day each week (through this thread of course), that we will discuss, so we know way in advance and can plan accordingly!!!
Wednesdays and Thursday I can spare the night for a Power Rankings discussion.

The panel should NOT include any players who could be considered to be top 10. The only 2 top 10 worthy players that haven't attempted to promote themselves are Uber Ice and Col Bol. Simpley put, egos will get in the way of a fair list if you have top 10 players being panelists. This is not an attack on any of you, because it is human nature to be egocentric. But then the problem becomes finding nonbiased panelists who are significantly knowledgeable about all parts of Florida. I do, however, think it is possible to find these types of players. For Central Florida I'd have to nominate Angry Lobster to be a panelist.
Good points SheerMadness. So far I've been simply trying to do my best to remove bias (because I'm 100% in favor of objective formulas), and I'm not on the top ten and have attended many tournaments. I'll gladly continue my logical annoyance and become a panelist. :laugh:

QDVS is a pretty good judge regardless of being on the top 10 however and I think he should be a panelist (to note, he willingly bumped his ranking down in the discussion). May be good to have rice on there to contradict me and force me to re-evaluate my arguments.

XIF said:
rice is actually pretty close to being number 10, which is ridiculous considering his experience and training.
I think he's around 10 (like 11th or 9th) but it's a toss up between Dark Falchion and Col-bol, and I suppose he'll have to own at one more tournament to definately be on there.

skrach8 said:
so has have u come up with top tier list yet, maybe even a rough copy one?
1. DaShizWiz
2. KeepNSpeedN
3. Lampchops
4. UI? Defeated top player KeepNSpeedN most recently
5. XIF? Maybe bumped down below UI by losing to non top-10 player Skarch
6. QDVS
(Here's where it gets iffy, so I'll make it up)
7. Dark Falchion Best in Central Florida, 2nd at latest Gigabits, and defeated UI and Col-Bol
8. Green Mario Maybe bumped down from 7th by losing to non top-10 players Hozart, TheLaw and Skrach
9. Col-Bol Defeated UI, Lampchops, all of Name Cancelled but DF, and XIF
10. Rice maybe? I need to see who of the top 10 he's defeated, otherwise Exarch, Skrach, Sighrax, etc.

Those that lose to people who they "shouldn't lose to" are bumped down as you can see. If you're on the top 10 and you lose to a non-top 10 player, that should hurt. Also, when I say "defeated" that means they knocked that individual out of the tournament. I'm also taking this information just from 2 Gigabits tournaments and LTEC, so my analysis is likely flawed.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
well I wasnt knocked out of the tournament by col-bol, it was winners =)

i've already discussed this with manko, rice, noucles, and fenrir about me being 4th over UI, and we all pretty much came to a conclusion, which I wont say here but next time we have a chat, which should be tonight since no one generally has anything to do sunday night

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
well I wasnt knocked out of the tournament by col-bol, it was winners =)
In that case, **Edited**

Gigabits!!! Where are the brackets?!?!?!

I procrastinated. I'd still like to be in the chatroom tonight and add my 2 cents every now and then. What time Q?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I thought Hozarts list was really accurate. Good analyzing Hozart. But I think its a toss up between UI and XIF. But I won't state my reasons why(Don't want any flame wars).

RockCrock

Smash Champion
No one should be holding any opinions back... wtf? Not wanting to start flame wars is a lame excuse. Everyone should be a resonsible poster, no flame wars should occur.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
No one should be holding any opinions back... wtf? Not wanting to start flame wars is a lame excuse. Everyone should be a resonsible poster, no flame wars should occur.
stfu noob. nobody cares what you think about anything. YOU should be holding opinions back, they're so ********.

...kidding. No kill I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom