• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you're reading this, then Sakurai doesn't care about you!

Fastest

Smash Ace
That really doesn't make what you said any less PC.
I wasn't being politically correct or non politically correct. A ****** is going to be a ****** at smash. Just because I named a specific condition that would impair smash doesn't make it any less PC.

I stated a fact. You folks just can't see past your emotions and unwarranted connotations surrounding the words I'm using.

THEmSHAKE

Smash Apprentice
Well thank you Mr. man for looking out for all us “kids”, and in such a civil manner too. Sorry to say, but there is a flaw in your logic.

Is 99% more important than 1%? Of course it is. But have you ever heard of a sample poll? Its where a small population can represent a larger populations opinions or needs. If its done right (and don't say it can't as that would just be embarrassing) it would mean that 1% you're steping on is important. Assuming, of course, he decided to do research in this way to find out what gamers may want. And if he did, he probably used a different method than asking the entire 99% you speak of.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I didn't mind your post except that you addressed everyone as "kids"

edit : nevermind, I read the remainder of the thread. If you don't like Smashboards, or it's posters, then don't come here. A waste of the planets resources? Wow, that's one I've never heard before. And lol at "I've been on the internet for 10 years" hahah "i is inteynet prozorz" seriously GTFO your high horse. You are making broad generalizations about us and the game. You think you're really unique, that we haven't heard this before, many times? Cause, definitely, no. Stop trying to be all high and mighty. Nobody likes that.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sad but true folks, I accept this fact, there's nothing we can do other than show other smashers the light but it's too late for that now. Hopefully the game won't be a game of luck.

DarkMagus505

Smash Rookie
I'm new to this place(not forums, just this one)... and man.. why was this even created? If there are so many useless posts, then why post something so obviously provacative? I saw the fires of this flame before I even stepped in. Not to say there isn't validity in what you say, but I just think that if there are so many bad, poorly written posts here, then why bother? This one certainly won't magically prevent all the bad grammarians and nonsensical posters.

And one more quick thing...if you're here strickly for business and tournaments, then step off the soap box. You could have used the time posting this (and all its responses)to post something about a tournament.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
It's been forever since Wii owners have played a hardcore game, It would suck if this game features to many things that 5 year olds find fun.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
OP states the obvious. Unfortunately most people on forums think that the game should be tailored to their exact specifications and if it isn't, they ***** about it.

THEmSHAKE

Smash Apprentice
OP states the obvious. Unfortunately most people on forums think that the game should be tailored to their exact specifications and if it isn't, they ***** about it.
True, but i'm sure that a certain degree of research has taken place. Including research with gamers. If that was done than Sakurai may think at least some gamer opinion is important.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wouldn't be too sure about that *points at how to play as ZSS* if Sakurai did research ZSS would be more than a noob's play thing.

THEmSHAKE

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be too sure about that *points at how to play as ZSS* if Sakurai did research ZSS would be more than a noob's play thing.
I'm sorry, allow me to clairfy. What I was talking about was in reference to the topic of Sakurai not caring. If he did do research with the gamers that would prove that assumption incorrect. I didn't say that he DID reseach, but good point though.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Kudos to pissing people off ^^

On my input... Melee wasn't intended for hardcore people either. The core of the game was built for the 99% not the 1% of pros (and remember not everyone on this forum is at pro level).

Personally I want the game to be made for the 99%. Then I can have a group of friends over who don't care about all the techs and just play for fun with them. And when I want that hard core essence, I'll hang with my buddies who take the time to practice and learn advanced combos ect.

Think about this. Was the first Smash Bros intended for hardcore players? No, but there are still some hardcore people out there.

The smash bros games were designed to be chaotic and fun with twists and turns for anyone, but simply the option of "no weapons" brings a small fan base of hardcore people who don't want that chaos (or at least not all the time).

The fact that Sakurai is making a more fleshed out single players is not a testiment to the 99%, who probably don't care much about single player since they want to play smash with their friends; but moreso aimed at the people who play this game for hours on end and want more content (as if Melee didn't have enough **** to do).

No matter how you play the game, you must realize that the game was designed for 4 players having a blast and beating the hell outa each other with ridiculous weapons in chaotic landscapes... and yet, the simplistic levels were still there for people who didn't want as much chaos.

The game will be tailored to the masses, but there will be a hint of hardcore elements... and quite frankly, a hint is all the 1% should need anyway.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Kudos to pissing people off ^^

On my input... Melee wasn't intended for hardcore people either. The core of the game was built for the 99% not the 1% of pros (and remember not everyone on this forum is at pro level).

Personally I want the game to be made for the 99%. Then I can have a group of friends over who don't care about all the techs and just play for fun with them. And when I want that hard core essence, I'll hang with my buddies who take the time to practice and learn advanced combos ect.

Think about this. Was the first Smash Bros intended for hardcore players? No, but there are still some hardcore people out there.

The smash bros games were designed to be chaotic and fun with twists and turns for anyone, but simply the option of "no weapons" brings a small fan base of hardcore people who don't want that chaos (or at least not all the time).

The fact that Sakurai is making a more fleshed out single players is not a testiment to the 99%, who probably don't care much about single player since they want to play smash with their friends; but moreso aimed at the people who play this game for hours on end and want more content (as if Melee didn't have enough **** to do).

No matter how you play the game, you must realize that the game was designed for 4 players having a blast and beating the hell outa each other with ridiculous weapons in chaotic landscapes... and yet, the simplistic levels were still there for people who didn't want as much chaos.

The game will be tailored to the masses, but there will be a hint of hardcore elements... and quite frankly, a hint is all the 1% should need anyway.
Who did he piss off? Personally I just think he is extremely nerdy.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
It's ironic how self-important the OP is.

But a reality check isn't such a bad thing ^^

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
The people of Smashboards certainly are high strung.

Team Giza said earlier in this thread that "The people who master skills and techniques are the fanbase that's been keeping Smash Bros alive after all these years". For some reason, everyone ignored that, which is kind of strange, since it's probably the best point in this thread (scrolling through the countless "omg go kil urself" comments).

Melee has been around for 6~7 years, correct? Before I got re-interested (and joined this forum), I completely casually bought Smash Bros Melee for the new GameCube. I didn't know anything about Smash Techs or any of that ****, I was only in the fourth grade after all, and I was just about done with Melee in 1 year. Had it not been for Smash Techs that got me interested in Smash in an entirely new manner, which was a whopping 5 years later, I would have left Smash behind me. And I was a fourth grader!

Do you really think if the game is targeted towards little kids, they'll receive the same long term joy that tourney-goers and pros do? Who the **** plays an easy game for 6 years straight?

I agree that Sakurai doesn't give a **** about this forum, since it's US for one, and we are really an insignificant speckle in the thousands of Smash Bros players, but saying the game will be targeted for 5 year olds to retain current popularity is, for a loss of words, just plain stupid.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
This thread is ********. Know why?

Remeber a game called SSB64? That had something called z-cancelling. A glitch. Non-pros, the majority of players, didn't know about it. Yet, the devs still took the time to work with z-cancelling and create l-cancelling as we know it.

Teching? SHorthopping? Why create something that the majority of players, the masses, aren't going to notice, yet are such a big part of gameplay? WHy make so much stuff that isn't in the manual?

Cuz they DO care, dumb****. Most people aren't going to figure this stuff out by themselves. The devs put in all this other stuff b/c they WANT smash to go on at a high level of play.

Fastest

Smash Ace
Losing Virginity > Being in the 1% smash bros elite

And coincidentally there is no overlap!
Do you have an account here? Congratulations! You're one of the 1%!

You care enough about the game to talk about it online. Thus, you must be a cut above the rest! Considering "the rest" refers to a large portion of the 6,000,000 copies of the game out there, it's very very likely you're in the 1%!

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Do you have an account here? Congratulations! You're one of the 1%!

You care enough about the game to talk about it online. Thus, you must be a cut above the rest! Considering "the rest" refers to a large portion of the 6,000,000 copies of the game out there, it's very very likely you're in the 1%!
Really, because i literally just bought Melee like 3 weeks ago.

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
So, Fastest, this is the second time that point has been posted, and yet you still have no response to it? How disappointing.

th0rn

Smash Lord
Why does Fastest keep avoiding the question of 'what pissed him off to make this thread?'

also LOL at the comment, "I suck at melee but at least I had sex". NO JOHNZZZZ SON

Renwaldo Van Veenmol

Smash Rookie
I agree with you on that,

but there's no need to be so rude about it:ohwell:

I don't know why people on this forum are so fond of pissing contests.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
125 posts in 3 weeks? *thumbs up*
First thing I'd like to say is that this thread is pointless and is nothing but a morass of flamebait used to goad people out of the woodwork. I think a good majority of us know that Sakurai and Company don't give too two ****s and a flying **** about the general community.

For once, I'll come to Vagrant's aid and say that 125 posts in three weeks isn't all that bad. I mean, consider the number of days in a week, hours in each day, etc. You make him out to be a complete and total loser for such a ridiculously small amount of posts.

And I'm still waiting on a clever, witty retort about Vagrant's "virginity" comment. You still must be deliberating over there.

Smooth Criminal

Fastest

Smash Ace
So, Fastest, this is the second time that point has been posted, and yet you still have no response to it? How disappointing.
I wasn't going to respond because it doesn't make sense. You imply that the elite community is fueling Smash's overall popularity to this day. This simply is not true.

Most people are aloof to this community's existence. There's a ton of smash bedroom communities who have never heard of Smashboards where bunches of friends fight amongst one another to be "king of the noobs".

While it's true that us elite may help promote the game and get more people into it, exactly the opposite is also true. I've seen just as many scrubs turned away from the game because they didn't want to be competitive at it.

Even still, the fact remains that this is a console game. If 100 people buy the game and play 100 melee matches a day, or if they play 1 melee match ever year- Nintendo is none the wiser. To them, 100 copies of the game are 100 copies of the game. I can't deny that Smashboards has probably helped promote the game, which resulted in more sales. However, even without us, the game would have still sold A LOT of copies without our help. That is to say, I think our contribution is insignificant in monetary terms.

The fact that the game is still fun and interesting after all these years is only significant to us, the elite. Noobs fail to see the depth in the game, and thus, can't comprehend a competitive game's longevity past their own personal desires. Many of the 6,000,000 people who bought smash probably don't play it anymore. Only with our 1% do we still see the game's use on a continual basis.

Fastest

Smash Ace
How does the date I bought melee correspond to when I joined a forum to talk about brawl?

Apparently my virginity joke struck a nerve?
No sir. Note the girlfriend who's terrible at smash in the original post :)

I merely saw that you had conflicting information in your own post. You say that videogames and sex are mutually exclusive. Yet, you're able to buy a game, and make 125+ posts in 3 weeks. If you did the math, that's nerdier than me. As I have 457 posts, and have been here since 2004.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
No sir. Note the girlfriend who's terrible at smash in the original post :)

I merely saw that you had conflicting information in your own post. You say that videogames and sex are mutually exclusive. Yet, you're able to buy a game, and make 125+ posts in 3 weeks. If you did the math, that's nerdier than me. As I have 457 posts, and have been here since 2004.
Who said anything about videogames and sex being mutually exclusive? I am pretty sure I was speaking of the "1% elite" you mentioned.

And to be honest...I'd say the person who joined a forum in 2004 for a game that comes out in december of 2007...is far nerdier.

Ironic how your own thread is going to end in you being the one pissed off after you claimed the intention behind the thread was to piss others off :( wum wum wum wum wummmmmmmmm.

Anther

Smash Champion
Vagrant... you missed the part where he told you why he joined the forums >_<.
akslj. These boards aren't dedicated to Brawl, though there are a lot of yall that spend many hours of the day posting solely on the brawl boards... arguing over a game that hasn't come out..

And throwing this out there... My gf pwnz at smash.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Vagrant... you missed the part where he told you why he joined the forums >_<.
akslj. These boards aren't dedicated to Brawl, though there are a lot of yall that spend many hours of the day posting solely on the brawl boards... arguing over a game that hasn't come out..

And throwing this out there... My gf pwnz at smash.
I read it. I am just using his own logic to make my case.

Top Bottom