• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you're reading this, then Sakurai doesn't care about you!

full_95

Smash Journeyman
Did you miss my last post? I just said he wasn't making fun of them, but he was using them in an analogy which was just as insulting.

And please god try to cut down the spelling errors. I use firefox so all I ****ing see in your quote is red lines.
haha, if i actually cared what my grammar looked like on a video game forum, id go ahead do that for you. you're just gonna have to deal with the squiggly lines for now bro. back to the topic: how is that just as insulting as making fun of them? i fail to see your logic. if you can explain, i may reconsider my point. he also used 5 year olds and his sister as an example, is he insulting them too?

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
haha, if i actually cared what my grammar looked like on a video game forum, id go ahead do that for you. you're just gonna have to deal with the squiggly lines for now bro. back to the topic: how is that just as insulting as making fun of them? i fail to see your logic. if you can explain, i may reconsider my point. he also used 5 year olds and his sister as an example, is he insulting them too?
Technically yes, he is insulting his sister. I just doubt she would be offended by it. As far as 5 year olds go, that is probably due to age and something they will grow out of.

If I made a joke about how Iowa had more african americans than the united states had native americans, even if it was true, it would still be offensive because of the subtext.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
i dont think saying people arent good at smash is insulting (i put that double negative in there just for you). when did truth become insulting? and jesus stop bringing black people into this, it's completely off topic and not even a valid analogy.

Kayn

Smash Cadet
Give me a break, you politically correct weakling. At least the OP thinks they're human, I sure don't
Aparently you aren't human either seeing as how you lack any compasion or sentiment.

Just because you personally aren't offended by the N-Bomb doesn't mean some african american isn't.
Technically "African Amercan" isn't politically correct either since no culture was native to American soil. Even the "Native Americans" crossed over from the other continent when the land bridge was still above water. However, since alot of "African Americans" were born in the U.S. that would make them American despite their heritage. I'm Irish(among other things) but I'm not referred to as Irish American.

and then there's guys like phoenix fire using big words and overanalyzing a video game and the original conjecture of the thread (i can use big words too... oooooooooo... ahhhhhhhh). no **** 99% of the other players dont play the exact same way, that's common fukking sense. but at the very least 95% of smashers dont play like us. therefore, the devs are more likely to cater to the casual smasher than to the competitive scene. that was what he is saying. it makes perfect sense. now go back to philosophy class with your beret phoenix fire, cuz i know you wear one.

i hope that pumps some more piss and vinegar into the this wonderful thread, peace

ps: i also have a relative with down syndrom.
Wow, could you really be more of an asshole?

All I did was bring a possible theory to the table, and then you shoot me down for no apparent reason.

Big words? This is how I talk. I'm not trying to imply that i'm smarter/better than anyone here, it's just the way I communicate. Do u want me tu speik moar engrish foar uew?

Smash Bros. isn't catored to any specific audience, the method played typically is based on their marketting demographic, but the variety of smash offers more than just item based FFA's. Smash wouldn't be popular if there wasn't a large plethora of methods to play.

That theory is actually fact. Reason being that the tournament community doesn't offer variety in gameplay, which is why it doesn't recieve as much attention, but I enjoy it personally. Smash Bros. was a game talored towards everyone, otherwise, they would have an item turn off function in the game if it was biased with its audience.

Beret? Hardly. I'm a freakin' skinny black guy with a fro, who are you kidding? ; )

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
casual gamers dont need to be catered to. think about it, they're CASUAL gamers. They're just gonna pick up the game and play it, no matter what its like. A casual gamer isn't concerned with advanced techs. All they'll care about is characters and items. When they change the dynamics of this game it will be to make the game more balanced for all the characters, not just to make it easy for casual players.

@EPH- i didnt know you were from the LBC, we may see each other at some brawl tourneys :)

psicicle

Smash Ace
I brought this up before, but here it is again:

"More than anything, Smash Bros. is a competitive action game."- www.smashbros.com

Emphasis on the competitive.

The assumption here is that sakurai, as well as his development team will make the game catered to the demographic of the previous two titles.

However, this statement doesn't really have much ground. Just because the majority of the people who buy the game do not go to tourneys or use advanced techniques does not necessitate their removal or their neglect.

There isn't any evidence brought up that shows that sakurai intends brawl to be a "casual" game.

In fact, the efforts to increase depth and speed in melee could be seen as a push towards competitive gaming, which could be replicated in brawl, since the two have the same developer.

So f you want to argue that sakurai does not care about the competitve gamer, you will have to show that he only cares about the majority of the people who buy his game.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
Wow, could you really be more of an asshole?

All I did was bring a possible theory to the table, and then you shoot me down for no apparent reason.

Big words? This is how I talk. I'm not trying to imply that i'm smarter/better than anyone here, it's just the way I communicate. Do u want me tu speik moar engrish foar uew?

Smash Bros. isn't catored to any specific audience, the method played typically is based on their marketting demographic, but the variety of smash offers more than just item based FFA's. Smash wouldn't be popular if there wasn't a large plethora of methods to play.

That theory is actually fact. Reason being that the tournament community doesn't offer variety in gameplay, which is why it doesn't recieve as much attention, but I enjoy it personally. Smash Bros. was a game talored towards everyone, otherwise, they would have an item turn off function in the game if it was biased with its audience.

Beret? Hardly. I'm a freakin' skinny black guy with a fro, who are you kidding? ; )
hahaha, c'mon dude, you know im playin (i thought the beret thing would be a dead giveaway). i know what you're saying and it makes sense, i was just bored at work yesterday. sorry to make you my entertainment.

ps- i think you could rock the beret anyways

IdownisthenewupI

Smash Rookie
There are so many holes in your logic it's hilarious. I understand that we as a community are from being the majority of Smash Brothers enthusiasts, but at the same time why wouldn't Nintendo take into consideration the opinions and feelings of the largest Smash Bros community on the internet. The people who spend time hyping the series, and competing with other competitive players in tournaments, some of which take place at Nintendo events or other conventions which usually have Nintendo representatives in attendance. This here is the core of everything that is Smash Bros, I don't see why our opinions wouldn't be of interest to a development team that has a really big title to top in the coming months.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
The people who spend time hyping the series, and competing with other competitive players in tournaments, some of which take place at Nintendo events or other conventions which usually have Nintendo representatives in attendance.
What??? Please tell me where you got any information on Nintendo representatives being at any recent smash tournament. You can't, and I know that, cause most of your post was just sorta pulled out of nowhere.

Look, as much as you guys hate to realize this, the TP is more than likely correct in his assumption that they would cater to the more casual audience. That said, so were the last 2 games, and they turned out alright.

MOST fighting games aren't made for competitions, because there isn't much money to be made in a game that is focused purely on tournament play, but we still have lots of great fighting games that have a good tournament scene.

Everyone really needs to stop freaking out so much about Brawl. The amount of pessimism is ASTOUNDING. Seriously, what information has been released that makes everyone think the game will suck? This game is made by a very good team and is made by the same guys (for the most part) that made the 2 previous games.

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
Hilarious. And true. But that doesn't mean we can't make the game into something more. I think the numbers are exaggerated a bit, because alot of people play it because it is a competitive game, even if they are little kids. And even little kids can see that sheik rips the **** out of bowser. So balance I'm sure is on the agenda.

Wreked

Smash Lord
i think Sakurai is going to cater to competitive gamers. But casual gamers will get catered to too. I'm sure he is going to make subspace pretty easy on very easy mode. And quite hard on Very Hard. I think he should also make level 9 cpus better. He could even go farther than level 9. I'm pretty sure casual gamers haven't beaten all of the events. And i'm pretty sure they don't care about getting Final Destination. They will go online to see how to get characters, get the characters, then play.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Playing against computers never compares with playing against humans, but it would be nice if they worked on each character's AI on a more individual basis. Too many characters committed suicide simply because they did not know how to recover.

Tanea

Smash Ace
Playing against computers never compares with playing against humans, but it would be nice if they worked on each character's AI on a more individual basis. Too many characters committed suicide simply because they did not know how to recover.

:laugh: i would say that luigi is the best example of that in melee

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
a WiiChat.com member said:
Remember that move In melee that was ALWAYS abused? the c-stick move that make the game turn into al you do is walk around and useing the c-stick move whenever you get the chance. If they put that move in Brawl Im not buying it.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This guy is being dead serious, too...

Top Bottom