• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Your Name was Masahiro Sakurai!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
If you were Sakurai, how would you have re-done Brawl? What features would you add/take, what would you change, how would you approach things in general. Here is how I would have made the game differently:

For me, I would have removed/not thought of these characters:
Snake (wouldn't have thought of)
Squirtle (wouldn't have thought of)
Ivysaur (wouldn't have thought of)
Charizard (wouldn't have thought of)
Lucario (deliberately not added)
Zero Suit Samus (wouldn't have thought of)
Marth (deliberately not added)
ROB (deliberately not added)
Jigglypuff (out for some GS representation)

Characters I would instead add:
Isaac
Ray01
Andy
KK Rider
Krystal
Professor Oak (using HMs and TMs)
Mewtwo
Igglybuff
Toon Link (un-cloned)

Instead of making the SSE the way it was, it would be more of a dimensional accident where the Mario universe characters end up in Hyrule Castle and the Zelda cast ends up in the Mushroom Kingdom. Pretty much all the worlds getting messed up. After confronting enemies from the other's universe (Bowser fighting Link, Mario fighting Ganondorf), Master Hand steps in and starts to cause havoc. At this point, all of the characters (villains included gang up to save the world from Master Hand). At least my fan fic doesn't have a generic blue guy infringing on tron as the final boss.

Each gamer can choose to record his w/l record or not. You can show your w/l record to friends. W/l are recorded in With Anyone but disconnecting is an instant penalty. I'd also reduce some events and make each character have their own target test.

painseeker

Smash Cadet
I would add these characters as well as the current 35:
Midna
Zant
Mii
Geno
Isaac
Ridley
Megaman
King K Rool
Krystal
And finally Unclone WW link and give ganon a sword based moveset
:devil: :evil: :devil:
Like it?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Good thing your not Sakurai then eh? No offense but his characters are way better than yours. (seriously removing snake? thats madness)

If I were Sakurai

Add Krystal, Ridley, Issac and Lyn to current roster, make Ganondorf, Young Link and Falco less clonish.

Make Wi-Fi deeper.

No other changes.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
More characters in general and more stages. I know some people miss stages like the Dream Fountain. I would add, but not remove characters and would have allowed alt characters, you should add clone characters/semi clones that are similar by pressing a button.

If you select Ness for example, you should press a button and it turns into Paula but Paula wouldn't get her own box on the character select screen.

Ness > Paula
Lucas > Claus
Ike > Black Knight
Marth > Roy
Samus > Dark Samus
Sonic > Shadow
Mario > Dr. Mario or Paper Mario (though most likely not because he's not popular)
Capt Falcon > Black Shadow (but only if he was popular enough)
Fox > Wolf

Wolf should be an alt of Fox so Wolf doesn't take up a roster space.

I would have also added:

Issac
Geno
Ridley
Mona
Miciah
Takamaru
Sukapon
Alexandra Roivas

and others but that would be too long to list. I would have probably added another 3rd party character like Megaman too.

Oh, and don't forget. Sakurai should have added Miis! That was a mistake on Sakurai's part.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
first of all if your a fan of your own work then you know what needs changed and ext.

I think he's proud of what he's done so im guessing since he's happy with it i guess I am happy with it

>> for now

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
I would have to say that if you were Sakurai I would hate this game. As it would suck to infinity. Professor Oak instead of Pokemon Trainer? WTF? Igglybuff instead of Jigglypuff?

But anyway. I would have made Samurai Goroh a PC.

That's all. Then I would just play my own game with Samurai Goroh for a while.

sync

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't remove any, but I'd add these:

Roy
Ephraim
Krystal
Megaman
Issac (possibly also Felix)
Dark Samus and/or Rundas

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I would add K. Rool, Isaac and Geno. But thats it. The game is perfectly fine.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Removing Jigglypuff fr Igglybuff . . . deserves nothing more than a big "WTF?!".
Removing Marth . . . WTF?!
Basically everything you said . . . WTF?!

What I would do:

Remove either Ness or Lucas
Add Ridley

. . . that's it. Oh, and I would add more options for the Stage Builder in exhange for a few less trophies.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
**** myself to Hell because then I would be forced to make a game to a bunch of whiny babies who probably didn't even deserve it. Let alone the first two games of the series.

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
Add K. Rool, and nothing else.

Then when the game is finished, I delay it back and forth a bunch of times to toy with people's emotions. Eventually I'd say to expect a late '09 release, then all the sudden say "SURPRISE! ITS COMING OUT IN ONE WEEK!!!! I'M SAKURAI!!!!!!"

yeah

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I wouldn't remove any, but I'd add these:

Roy
Ephraim
Krystal
Megaman
Issac (possibly also Felix)
Dark Samus and/or Rundas
Well, I was getting at what characters you would have exchanged for others.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I would have to say that if you were Sakurai I would hate this game. As it would suck to infinity. Professor Oak instead of Pokemon Trainer? WTF? Igglybuff instead of Jigglypuff?

But anyway. I would have made Samurai Goroh a PC.

That's all. Then I would just play my own game with Samurai Goroh for a while.
I'm sure no one would care about Snake, Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard because they wouldn't have been thought of. Pokemon Trainer isn't even a character, it's a flashy way of making the three starters play together. For all intents and purposes, it could have been Pokemon Briefcase!

I didn't add Marth because Ike is more modern and recognized by a larger demographic, professor Oak is wtf, no, and Igglybuff is there for the sake of 2nd gen repping!

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
id ***** about a game that i dont even have yet and pretend to make my own ****astic version in my head. oh wait.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I would make every character and Final Smash and Game Mode Landmaster Tanks. The game would be called Landmaster Tank Bros. Brawl.

Seriously, I would keep everything as is. (Maybe replace Lucario with Blaziken and bring back Mewtwo)

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I'm sure no one would care about Snake, Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard because they wouldn't have been thought of. Pokemon Trainer isn't even a character, it's a flashy way of making the three starters play together. For all intents and purposes, it could have been Pokemon Briefcase!

I didn't add Marth because Ike is more modern and recognized by a larger demographic, professor Oak is wtf, no, and Igglybuff is there for the sake of 2nd gen repping!
Pokemon Trainer isn't a character? Then who the hell was I playing as in every Pokemon game?

And Marth is the frikkin' face of Fire Emblem and the most popular in Japan (which we all know is the only thing Sakurai cares about).

Furthermore, even though no one would have thought of Snake (Except Sakurai), that's barely a reason. A few people are buying this game BECAUSE of Snake even.

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
id make sure every moveset is heavily luigified or unique. I would base characters on a generality, not a specific game (I.E no twilight . Make SSE involve people from nintendo franchises, no generic boring characters (primids, etc). make online ranking, and add more depth in online.

Characters taken out:
-rob
-toon link
-possibly Mr. G&W

Boring charaters to watch, assuming boring to play as^^^^

characters to add:
-K rool
-Roy
-Ridley
-Krystal
-Black shadow
-Black kinght
-Leon kennedy <<sorry he is too awesome
-possibly Waluigi <<< wario is aweful lonely

That is all.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
If I were Sakurai.. There would be no Subspace Emissary. Just an extension of Adventure mode in Melee where each character had a full level before getting to the fights, like Mushroom Kingdom and that find the triforce place.

Also, no sticker, without SSE, there's no need. No Masterpeices.

You guys would hate me, I would add more clones, too.

I.. actually really like the roster the way it is, but I would've had every character return. Yes, even Pichu.
I would've added..

Plusle/Minun(not the same moveset as Pichu/Pikachu, but similar in some places)

Midna (true form, not imp or on the wolf)

Masked Link (Basically.. Young Link the same as he was in Melee, but his down B would be changed and it would switch off like Pokemon Trainer.. but Fierce Deity would only be his final smash). [Young Link/Zora Link/Goron Link/Deku Link]

Krystal
Ridley
Isaac
Takamaru
Claus

Toad(moveset of mixed clonage-ness, with some moves from Peach, Luigi and Mario, and some new ones)

Micaiah (she and Midna would have the same moveset, but Midna would have dark special effects. Midna would have stronger B attacks, and Micaiah would have stronger A attacks)

Sigurd(A moves would be a clone of Krystals moves, because he would use his lance.. but his special moves would be unique)

Felix (clone of Isaac, but Golden Sun deserves two reps IMO)

Ganondorf(with sword, clone of Ike, sort of, and sort of like Link, except different specials besides side b..energy charge like Lucario's netural B, up b like marth.. and idk about down b, counter, too? )

Toon Link(just.. not a clone. he has so much potential for a completely different moveset)

Bubbles (from Clu Clu Land? yep.. another wtf character)

Toon Zelda/Tetra (clone of Zelda/Sheik)

Koopaling(One moveset, 7 alternate costumes, cloned A moveset of Bowser, new B moves)

Mother Brain(yep, again with my wtf roster)

Mach Rider (semi-clone of C. Falcon, sort of like Ganondorf's current moveset, except with some changes, like B moves, maybe, use actual weapons, like a laser gun)

And.. I should stop now. Everyone would hate me for clones and random wtf characters.. plus overload of characters from different franchises. Sorry guys, Im a huge Fire Emblem fan, lol. but they'd be semi-clones so.. idk it'd be a little different. I was going to add Hector too but I decided not to. This roster would be like 55 or so characters.. and would be ridiculous. And it'd never happen, but it'd be fun.

Oh, and about the wtf characters... I'd be Sakurai. Since when does he give what's expected?

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I would've of never thought about Pokemon Trainer. I might have included Snake, since Kojima is my BFF and would give me a blowjob if I did. Sonic for pleasing the fans, I guess... I would surely include reps from SE and Capcom though.

Add Geno as a Mario character, plus Ridley, and no Fanservice suit Samus, as I don't think I would've of thought of that one. Ness, Lucas AND Claus would've of all made it in, and Ayumi Tachibana would've of been the WTF character. Krystal would've of made it in instead of Wolf, and Samurai Goroh would be playable. Lyn, Marth and Ike would've of been the FE reps, and Saki would be a character. Too much Japan only? Well, there's also Bowser Jr., Midna, and Lucario. Speaking of those, Pokemon reps would've of been Lucario, Mewtwo, Pika, Jigs and Heracross.

NEVER would I have thought of Assist Trophies, so bye bye. Nor SSE, so bye bye to that too. Adventure mode would've of been much better than Melee's, but in the same vein. Except that all franchises would get a stage like Mushroom Kingdom. Classic mode would've of been back with Race to the Finish. Break the Targets and Board the Platforms too.

That's all that I can think about.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
add these

4WD (From Stunt Race FX) <--- OMG! YES!

Geno

Skapon (from Joy Mech Fight)

Miis

Flint (from the Mother series)

Rash (from battletoads)

Megaman w/ classic, X, Protman, and Zero costumes

Simon Belmont, w/ Alucard and Soma costumes

K Rool from DKC2 with gun and pirate outfit

Fighter from Final Fantasy I

Krystal with staff

Banjo & Kazooie

Conker

Fulgore

Lip assist trophy from Panel De Pon

Tetris assist trophy

Little Mac playable

Bomberman

Remove DK's bongo final smash and have him throw barrels like in the Donkey Kong arcade.

Dixie Kong with hair twirling moveset and electric guitar taunt/final smash

Screw the Landmaster, have Fox call in Great Fox, have Falco jump in and arwing and lay down some sharp shooting on the battlefield, and have Wolf call in Team Wolf for some hate.

Have unique Final Smashes for Nes and Lucas, honestly there are a lot of spells in the Mother games.

Change Wario's final smash to either atomic fart or horn cap/flame cap from Wario Land

Change Mario final smash to Super P Racoon Tail, have him go really fast and leave a motion blur trail that smashes when someone comes into contact with it. and the annoying flying noise :)

Keep Marth's final smash the same, only use the jumping animation that is a critical hit in fire emblem gaiden

some kind of combo character from the Famicom Wars series that works like the Pokémon Trainer

Give Ganondorf sword/trident/spear, and instead of final smash have GANON as a down B move like zelda/sheik

Change Link's Final Smash to Wolf Link

Change Shiek's Final Smash to calling on the sages

Give Toon Link Deku Leaf, multi-hit boomerang, Skull hammer, etc.

have Toon Link's final smash be The Great Sea consuming the level and he is automatically on the King of Red lions and everyone else dies unless they somehow try to jump on the King of Red Lions with him

Lose the Waluigi assist trophy

get rid of Peach's tennis racket and golf club, keep the frying pan and add parasol

Daisy outfit for Peach rather than just a different color also a Rosetta/Rosalina and a Paulina (Donkey Kong Arcade) costume

add a Mushroom Kingdom 3 based on SMB3

bring back the SMB2 level and in it and the classic mario bros arcade level have you not die by going off of the sides but wrap around the screen like you did in the original games

I would add the Super Mario All Stars Battle Mode song, as well as a few more DKC songs and the Stunt Race FX theme song.

add more items like the Kuribo Shoe from SMB3

have a pilotwings assist trophy

ability to see yourself but be completely invisible to other players when using cloak in online play, applies to other items too.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I would've of never thought about Pokemon Trainer. I might have included Snake, since Kojima is my BFF and would give me a blowjob if I did. Sonic for pleasing the fans, I guess... I would surely include reps from SE and Capcom though.

Add Geno as a Mario character, plus Ridley, and no Fanservice suit Samus, as I don't think I would've of thought of that one. Ness, Lucas AND Claus would've of all made it in, and Ayumi Tachibana would've of been the WTF character. Krystal would've of made it in instead of Wolf, and Samurai Goroh would be playable. Lyn, Marth and Ike would've of been the FE reps, and Saki would be a character. Too much Japan only? Well, there's also Bowser Jr., Midna, and Lucario. Speaking of those, Pokemon reps would've of been Lucario, Mewtwo, Pika, Jigs and Heracross.

NEVER would I have thought of Assist Trophies, so bye bye. Nor SSE, so bye bye to that too. Adventure mode would've of been much better than Melee's, but in the same vein. Except that all franchises would get a stage like Mushroom Kingdom. Classic mode would've of been back with Race to the Finish. Break the Targets and Board the Platforms too.

That's all that I can think about.

Mentioning ATs, I had thought of another idea. It's an entirely new mode that uses Battle Buddies. Each character has a set of three battle buddies that would join them in combat if summoned using a certain button. They are kind of like an extra move.

Link has: Zora, Goron, Deku Scrub
Zelda/Sheik has: Midna, Impa, Tetra
Ganondorf has: Skullkid, Aghanim, Twinrova
Toon Link has: Tingle, Valoo, Lineback

Mario has: Doctor Mario, Paper Mario and Jumpman (think tall Italian man)
Luigi has: Mr.L, Mama Mario (made up character, Mario and Luigi's mother), Boo
Bowser has: Bowser Jr., Koopa Kids, Kamek
Peach has: Toadsworth, Paper Peach, Rosalina

Well, you get the point by now.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman

Just because no one would have thought of them doesn't mean it wouldn't suck that they weren't put in. Especially when you're talking about putting in characters like KK Rider (by the way, it's KK SLIDER. Are you even an Animal Crossing fan?) Krystal, and Professor Oak before putting in any of those others.

And a human character using Pokemon moves? Wtf? I don't even care, if Professor Oak was confirmed, and had HMs and TMs as his moves. I would hate that.

And nobody cares about repping the generations. Since... y'know, 2nd and 3rd gen didn't get a rep, and first gen got 4? Yet nobody cares. Plus, Igglybuff is a terribly ugly, unappealing, and unpopular Pokemon.

Also, Professor Oak is not wtf in a good way. A good wtf character is an old, forgotten character like Mr. G&W or ROB who's nonetheless notable to Nintendo history. Professor Oak is just a "WTF? why would they add that character of all characters?" type of wtf character.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Change the ending to the Subspace Emissary.

And make an update on Smash Bros. Dojo saying I am Mashairo Sakurai and telling everyone to come to my house, be my slaves, and give me money or they will be forced to die.

LOL.

But really, I would put Krystal as a replacement of Wolf, and also change the ending of the Subspace Emissary.

Red Mange

Smash Rookie
Great topic, glad it is my first post.

I would have most likely never even paid attention to story mode. Nor would I have put so much emphasis on the music collection or -stickers-. I would have spent most of my time on more characters and better diversity.

Added Characters:
Lolo and Lala
Ashely
Captain Syrup
Geno
Baby Bowser (Shadow Mario transformation)
King K. Rool
Midna (Riding Wolf Link)
Animal Crosser
Krystal
Kumatora
Ridley
Blood Shadow
Megaman

I would have kept Mewtwo and would have not kept Marth. This would add up to 48 characters, and it would have kept the columns style of the Brawl screen character select screen.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Just because no one would have thought of them doesn't mean it wouldn't suck that they weren't put in. Especially when you're talking about putting in characters like KK Rider (by the way, it's KK SLIDER. Are you even an Animal Crossing fan?) Krystal, and Professor Oak before putting in any of those others.

And a human character using Pokemon moves? Wtf? I don't even care, if Professor Oak was confirmed, and had HMs and TMs as his moves. I would hate that.

And nobody cares about repping the generations. Since... y'know, 2nd and 3rd gen didn't get a rep, and first gen got 4? Yet nobody cares. Plus, Igglybuff is a terribly ugly, unappealing, and unpopular Pokemon.

Also, Professor Oak is not wtf in a good way. A good wtf character is an old, forgotten character like Mr. G&W or ROB who's nonetheless notable to Nintendo history. Professor Oak is just a "WTF? why would they add that character of all characters?" type of wtf character.
And Rob was certainly desired right? The KK slider thing was just a mishap. I have tons of hours in WW and ACGCN. Professor Oak's moves would be Fly to recover (sends out flying Pokemon to help him back onto stage), Surf (tidle wave out of Pokeball), Flash (flash of light blinds and stuns foe), and Poke Ball (captures foe in Pokeball).

I would have added Igglybuff just to shake things up, not keep them the same.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Great topic, glad it is my first post.

I would have most likely never even paid attention to story mode. Nor would I have put so much emphasis on the music collection or -stickers-. I would have spent most of my time on more characters and better diversity.

Added Characters:
Lolo and Lala
Ashely
Captain Syrup
Geno
Baby Bowser (Shadow Mario transformation)
King K. Rool
Midna (Riding Wolf Link)
Animal Crosser
Krystal
Kumatora
Ridley
Blood Shadow
Megaman

I would have kept Mewtwo and would have not kept Marth. This would add up to 48 characters, and it would have kept the columns style of the Brawl screen character select screen.
^_^ Welcome to SWF! Anyways, only Ahsley, Geno, Bowser Jr., K.Rool, Midna, Animal Crosser, Krystal, Ridley and Megaman are plausible on your list, but hey, you are Sakurai right?

Btw, the amount of music has nothing to do with Sakurai. There is a whole other team that composes music for a living that remixed all the songs/sounds in Brawl.

Top Bottom