• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you'd replace one of his projectiles, which one would you get rid of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I think he should keep all everything, but possibly replace the boomerang with something like a good clawshot. It's usually young link who uses boomerangs anyway.

The spinner would be fun, but kind of stupid.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I would give Link the Magical Boomerang from A Link to the Past instead of ugh, you know...
But replacing one his projectiles might cripple him if you don't replace with something like a good optional recovery move.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I'm surprised people don't like the regular boomerang. I work that into a lot of my combos with Link. Not the gale boomerang, I never really liked that one, but still.

I don't think anything he uses should really be changed all that much, but maybe change the boomerang to the one he uses in ALBW or something along those lines.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm surprised people don't like the regular boomerang. I work that into a lot of my combos with Link. Not the gale boomerang, I never really liked that one, but still.

I don't think anything he uses should really be changed all that much, but maybe change the boomerang to the one he uses in ALBW or something along those lines.
Agreed. Zero reason to change the boomerang: It's fun, it's unique, and it's CORE to Link. They should make it like it were in the Japanese version of SSB64, where it had just enough knockback that it could endanger a recovery. Not to mention the dynamic it creates, where it is still deadly even if it has missed its course.

People are just trying to replace Link's projectiles willy-nilly without even thinking about gameplay function. Just because something was weak, that doesn't mean it needs to be changed. The boomerang just needs tweaks.

The only thing that can be touched are the arrows. They don't feel particularly instrumental to Link's game and are almost only used for VERY distant enemies or when the boomerang is in transit.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Agreed. Zero reason to change the boomerang: It's fun, it's unique, and it's CORE to Link. They should make it like it were in the Japanese version of SSB64, where it had just enough knockback that it could endanger a recovery. Not to mention the dynamic it creates, where it is still deadly even if it has missed its course.

People are just trying to replace Link's projectiles willy-nilly without even thinking about gameplay function. Just because something was weak, that doesn't mean it needs to be changed. The boomerang just needs tweaks.

The only thing that can be touched are the arrows. They don't feel particularly instrumental to Link's game and are almost only used for VERY distant enemies or when the boomerang is in transit.
I've always used the arrows more at range because they go very fast, but if they made the boomerang better you would be very right about the arrows being less useful. We got beetle though so....

UltimateWario

Smash Master
They should re-buff the Boomerang to N64 level. Hopefully it won't be as ****ty as it was in Brawl this time.

Also, people suggesting that they remove it completely? -shakes head in disappointment-

Keeshu

Smash Ace

They should re-buff the Boomerang to N64 level. Hopefully it won't be as ****ty as it was in Brawl this time.

Also, people suggesting that they remove it completely? -shakes head in disappointment-

I don't think anyone seriously thinks that anything needs to be removed. All of Link's special moves work well, and are all common things to be used in a Zelda game. This is just a challenge to see what people would replace first. With that said, I can't think of anything that would replace Link's B specials as everything else isn't as special.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Skyward Strike > Gale Boomerang, but if you've seen Axe or Armada or Hylian, Melee Young Link's Boomerang/P:M Link's Boomeraang is an amazing projectile. What link needs is his combo game ironed out to flow better with his zoning tools. That's all.

And you know, some goddamned respect from the developer. It's Legend of Zelda, Nintendo, stop effing Link up in Smash games.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

I say keep his Boomerangs(not the gale version, unless its improved) and Bombs, but if you cant lag cancel his arrows then replace it with something like the Roc's Feather/Cape! I believe if Link has access to multiple recovery options it woul help him a whole lot more in general.
He NEEDS his boomerangs because those angled projectiles are key to his fighting style! Same with the bombs; the variety options you have with bombs are a saving grace to him.
Now arrows on the other hand... only move forward but cannot be spammed consistently. Replace them with a spamable projectile which Link now lacks or a cool movement/recovery move!

And you know, some goddamned respect from the developer. It's Legend of Zelda, Nintendo, stop effing Link up in Smash games.
^This guy. ^_^

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
You good sir, are of your rocker.
In every Smash game, Bombs are an ESSENTIAL part of high level Link play.
NegativeX of your rocker land at your service.

I wouldn't know, I don't know anyone who plays Link and in MY personal experience his bombs seem useless.
Though honestly I just don't like playing as him.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
NegativeX of your rocker land at your service.

I wouldn't know, I don't know anyone who plays Link and in MY personal experience his bombs seem useless.
Though honestly I just don't like playing as him.
Hehehe~
Well Link's Bombs are much like Diddy's Bananas; they don't have as much staying power or potential for abuse, but they help him control space during a fight.

RODO

Smash Ace
Change one of his specials to a charged attack (think Link charging his sword in Skyward Sword). Maybe it just imbues his sword with light and it powers up his regular attacks kind of like Lucas in PM.

Brawlknight

Smash Rookie
I would remove the bow or buff it up, for ex throw ice, fire or light arrows for additioal effects like knockback, freezing and stun, that would make the bow more worth using

Morbi

Scavenger
This is a really good question, which is the only reason I am responding a month later. But I use all of his projectiles, it does seem as though I use the Bow just to use the Bow. It isn't an essential integral part of his play-style. However, it is actually one of my favorite items in Legend of Zelda, one of his most prominent items. So I think I am going to vote for the Boomerang, more specifically, the Gale Boomerang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom