• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
You generally aren't going to find anyone with the gall to cut one of the Original 12.
Right, because cutting any member of the Original 12, regardless of who it is, is a crime. I totally forgot. :rolleyes:
Look, I don't care if Jiggs gets cut or not, but I will say this: keeping someone just because they've been in a series for a long time is a bad reason. At least keep them for an actual reason if we're going to use horrid excuses like that.

:094:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Let's just say I find her Melee self broken and I do not want it returning any time soon... Plus I still have bad memories of ever trying to play with some other people. :S ...This is just me, of course. I definitely can't 'cut' her though by any means.

.... *ducks for cover*

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Here's an updated version of my Sm5sh Character Selection Roster:

upload_2015-8-21_12-21-28.png

The 7 between Lucario and Celebi equals a future 7th Generation Pokémon.

UPDATE: Rhythm Heaven is supposed to come BEFORE Wii Fit Trainer, not after. I made the RH characters bigger too. Also, I fixed the line between Duck Hunt and Dr. Mario. Next, I made RH even bigger and the Isaac picture was outdated.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Let's just say I find her Melee self broken and I do not want it returning any time soon... Plus I still have bad memories of ever trying to play with some other people. :S ...This is just me, of course. I definitely can't 'cut' her though by any means.

.... *ducks for cover*
Meanwhile Jiggs wasn't hightier and her Bair had stupid hitboxes that got shortened
Here's an updated version of my Sm5sh Character Selection Roster:
View attachment 69145

The 7 between Lucario and Celebi equals a future 7th Generation Pokémon.
No Ikey me no likey

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390

.... *ducks for cover*
I'm not saying she needs to be buffed back to her Melee days, but being close to there is necessary for her to be a threat to anyone that's not slow.

Also, how was Melee Puff broken?

Troykv

Smash Master
You cut Ike, Robin AND Lucina?! :crazy:
inb4: Ike, Robin and Lucina will be irrevelant in that time. Marth and Roy are the Melee boys, so they can stay.

Ugh, I'm probably a hipster, but I don't like the idea to see Kamui in Smash.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
inb4: Ike, Robin and Lucina will be irrevelant in that time. Marth and Roy are the Melee boys, so they can stay.

Ugh, I'm probably a hipster, but I don't like the idea to see Kamui in Smash.
I don't want Kamui either. Azura or Camilla are the best options if we're to go that route.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't want Kamui either. Azura or Camilla are the best options if we're to go that route.
Let me guess, you like Camilla for the same reasons everyone else does. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jk We need more axes in Smash though.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You cut Ike, Robin AND Lucina?! :crazy:
AND Greninja, yet kept Doctor Mario? :crazy:

I won't be surprised if ESRB pulls a Tharja on Camilla and takes her trophy out

*retreats from future shots being fired*

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
Why has no one explained the Celebi. (I'm curious because I want Celebi in the game but was wondering if there was some secret reason why he put her on there besides just being a random pick)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why has no one explained the Celebi. (I'm curious because I want Celebi in the game but was wondering if there was some secret reason why he put her on there besides just being a random pick)
"Muh Generation 2 representation!"

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
Who's that guy next to Mac?
Super Macho Man from Punch-Out!!
Also I had an idea for Nintendo fighting sports representation.
The hero of Punch-Out!!, Little Mac
The villain of Pro Wrestling, Amazon
EDIT: ninja'd

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
So here's my roster. only cuts made were lucina, doc, dark pit, and miis. And i prioritized bringing back cut veterans as well as everyone else from the previous game a lot as i feel cutting a uniqe playstyle people love a honestly awful and ill-witted thing to do as a game designer unless absolutely necessary(such as ice climbers not working on 3ds for smash 4) as i feel they all add something special to the game and people become attached to these characters, you know? As for why i cut Miis? I feel they take too much developement time with all their variables and what not for what is essentially more of a novelty than anything, as a director of a theoretical smash 5 in this instance i'd feel that this time would be better spent on fanservice and putting in 3 other characters with distinct personalities instead. as well as putting characters i think deserve a spot and would be a good fit as well characters i'd feel would balance out the roster a bit more(such as adding more villians/notable antagonists to go with the heroes) i also decided to avoid bias in several instances(such as how i'd personally think dark matter would make a more interestng character tha bandana dee and how i dont really understand dixie kong's following much) in favour of choosing the characters the people actually want to play as.
mario:
Mario
Bowser
Peach
Luigi
Bowser jr.
Rosalina
Waluigi

Zelda:
Link
Ganondorf(TPdorf, old moveset with a few little changes and slight speed increases)
Zelda
Sheik
Toon link
Skull kid
OOT Ganondorf(new magic-based moveset)

pokemon:
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Charizard
Ivysaur
Jigglypuff
Greninja
Squirtle
Lucario

Metroid:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
King dedede
Bandana Dee

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K.rool
Dixie Kong

F-zero:
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Roy
Robin
Nergal/Fire Emblem villain(i'd probably put out a pull on fire emblem villains to see which are considered the most iconic among the fanbase and then use the one out of the top 5 who i see having the most potential to be unique and interesting in playstyle)

Starfox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena
Medusa

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario

Mother:
Ness
Lucas(complete revamp with new special moves such as pk ground, pk atk up, and psi teleport,.pk freeze is now a reskinned pk fire side special like in project m)
Giygas(mother 1 form)

punch-out:
Little Mac
King Hippo

misc:
Mr. Game & watch
Shulk
Ice climbers
Olimar
R.O.B
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Duck Hunt
Inkling
Isaac
Sukapon
Mach Rider

Third Party:
Megaman
Sonic
Snake
Pacman
Ryu

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So here's my roster. only cuts made were lucina, doc, dark pit, and miis. And i prioritized bringing back cut veterans as well as everyone else from the previous game a lot as i feel cutting a uniqe playstyle people love a honestly awful and ill-witted thing to do as a game designer unless absolutely necessary(such as ice climbers not working on 3ds for smash 4) as i feel they all add something special to the game and people become attached to these characters, you know? As for why i cut Miis? I feel they take too much developement time with all their variables and what not for what is essentially more of a novelty than anything, as a director of a theoretical smash 5 in this instance i'd feel that this time would be better spent on fanservice and putting in 3 other characters with distinct personalities instead. as well as putting characters i think deserve a spot and would be a good fit as well characters i'd feel would balance out the roster a bit more(such as adding more villians/notable antagonists to go with the heroes) i also decided to avoid bias in several instances(such as how i'd personally think dark matter would make a more interestng character tha bandana dee and how i dont really understand dixie kong's following much) in favour of choosing the characters the people actually want to play as.
mario:
Mario
Bowser
Peach
Luigi
Bowser jr.
Rosalina
Waluigi

Zelda:
Link
Ganondorf(TPdorf, old moveset with a few little changes and slight speed increases)
Zelda
Sheik
Toon link
Skull kid
OOT Ganondorf(new magic-based moveset)

pokemon:
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Charizard
Ivysaur
Jigglypuff
Greninja
Squirtle
Lucario

Metroid:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
King dedede
Bandana Dee

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K.rool
Dixie Kong

F-zero:
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Roy
Robin
Nergal/Fire Emblem villain(i'd probably put out a pull on fire emblem villains to see which are considered the most iconic among the fanbase and then use the one out of the top 5 who i see having the most potential to be unique and interesting in playstyle)

Starfox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena
Medusa

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario

Mother:
Ness
Lucas(complete revamp with new special moves such as pk ground, pk atk up, and psi teleport,.pk freeze is now a reskinned pk fire side special like in project m)
Giygas(mother 1 form)

punch-out:
Little Mac
King Hippo

misc:
Mr. Game & watch
Shulk
Ice climbers
Olimar
R.O.B
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Duck Hunt
Inkling
Isaac
Sukapon
Mach Rider

Third Party:
Megaman
Sonic
Snake
Pacman
Ryu
I like this, the only real problem is OoT Ganondorf, it's kinda weird to have 2 ganondorf's. Adding the classic ganon would be fine but this is a bit weird, what would you even call him on the roster?

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Veterans
:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4peach::4bowserjr::4yoshi::4wario2:(revamped to be more Wario Land):4drmario:(decloned) :4link::4tlink::4zelda::4ganondorf::4sheik::4dk::4diddy::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::pt:(:4charizard: - :squirtle: - :ivysaur:):4greninja::4lucario::4mewtwo::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4ness::4lucas::4marth::4myfriends::4robinf::4samus::4zss::4olimar::4alph:(upgraded to a clone):4fox::4falco::wolf::popo::4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob::4wiifit::4pit::4palutena::4littlemac::4falcon::4villager::4shulk::4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu::snake::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

DLC considerations:
:rosalina: (seriously nerfed)
:4darkpit: (completely revamped)
:4lucina: (completely revamped)
:younglinkmelee::pichumelee: (semicloned, come in bundle pack)
Anyone below that couldn't make it for the deadline.

Newcomers:
Dark Samus
Issac
Captain Toad
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
New Pokemon
New FE character
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Reyn
Dr. Eggman
Klonoa (couldn't think of anything else for Namco)
Phoenix Wright (Capcom bias lol)
Excitebiker
Takumaru
Bandana Dee
Classic Ganon/Beast Ganon
Chibi Robo
Henry (Codename STEAM)
Inkling

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I like this, the only real problem is OoT Ganondorf, it's kinda weird to have 2 ganondorf's. Adding the classic ganon would be fine but this is a bit weird, what would you even call him on the roster?
Young(i mean oot ganon is a younger man who looks to be in his mid 20's or early 30's whilst tp ganondorf looks like a 40-50 year old man)/classic ganondorf? i dunno, i just felt it was the best compromise to keep the old playstyle which has its merits whilst satisfying those who want game accurate ganondorf as well as fans of both designs.(i feel that adding a newcomer like black shadow just to give him somebody elses moveset to be kind of a copout for a newcomer of a long-neglected series imo) and i mean, theres 2 links in the roster so i don't really see the issue

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Young(i mean oot ganon is a younger man who looks to be in his mid 20's or early 30's whilst tp ganondorf looks like a 40-50 year old man)/classic ganondorf? i dunno, i just felt it was the best compromise to keep the old playstyle which has its merits whilst satisfying those who want game accurate ganondorf as well as fans of both designs.(i feel that adding a newcomer like black shadow just to give him somebody elses moveset to be kind of a copout for a newcomer of a long-neglected series imo) and i mean, theres 2 links in the roster so i don't really see the issue
You can't really call him young Ganondorf because the age difference isn't nearly as drastic as Link to Young Link is and Classic Ganondorf wouldn't really work either since he's not really classic, I think the classic pig-ganon would better fit that. And the difference between OoT Ganondorf and Toon/Young Link is that they're drastically different in appearance, the same can't really be said for Ganny

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
well fair enough. ghirahim was my second choice for the slot anyway.(and in that case i'd switch his default model to oot ganon's anyway because i'm so sick of oldmanondorf stealing the spotlight)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'd try to make half of my newcomers from series that aren't represented yet.

Takamaru
Andy (Advance Wars)
Chibi Robo
Barbara
Isaac
Inkling
Slime

And the other half would be towards established franchises.

Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ridley
New Fire Emblem character
Black Shadow
New Pokemon
Xenoblade Chronicles X character

I hate the Xenoblade series with a passion but I understand how popular this new franchise is wouldn't neglect it due to my personal feelings.

As for Slime? He's a legendary icon to RPGs everywhere. If I had to choose someone to represent classic RPGs it probably be him. If Mario is the King of platforming games and Ryu is the King of fighting games, then Slime is the King of JRPG games.

Wait that's it? Only fourteen newcomers? Yes. I think that's a good amount.

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Here's my roster. The bias version is nearly the same except I replaced only one character with another.

The only complete cuts are Miis. I'd like them to be exclusive to Smash Wii U/3DS and I don't want them as permanent staples. I also have two special costumes (one home-series & a cross-franchise one) for some to most characters with exceptions and Miis may get in the way. (Example: Lucina gets her yukata from the Awakening Hot Spring DLC episode as a home series outfit. Dark Pit gets a Shulk outfit as a cross-franchise outfit.)

All characters will get customs.

Veterans:
Everyone from Wii U/3DS roster will return minus the Miis. (Not all will be separate "slots") [Gender swaps return for those who have them. Pikachu gains a gender swap here.]
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Solid Snake

Character Swaps: (Listed character first then swap) [Not gender-based]
Olimar - Alph
Marth - Lucina
Ike - Chrom
Mario - Dr. Mario
Bowser Jr. - The Koopalings

Newcomers:
Paper Mario (Mario)
King K. Rool (DK)
Issac (Golden Sun)
Ridley (Metroid)
Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
Inklings (Splatoon) [Both male & female]
Xenoblade Chronicles X character
Pokemon from new generation
Azura a.k.a Aqua (Fire Emblem: Fates)
A Ray model Custom Robo (Custom Robo)
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) [Bias ver. has Bartz Klauser of FFV instead]

Mario: gains Dr. Mario's down air as his own, a result of making Dr. Mario his home series special costume. Dr. Mario also contributes his default specials (his cape altered to double reflected projectile damage, but deflects stuff only.) to Mario as customs.

Sonic: His old side special and its burning variant custom now belong to custom down specials. New side special defaults to Light Speed dash with a ringless variant simply called Boosting and a slower variant called Sonic Speed Dash. Up special, its variant, neutral specials, and neutral customs are unchanged. Neutral air is the Instant Shield technique from Sonic 3.

Robin: The Morgan with opposite gender of Robin will replace Chrom in Robin's Final Smash. Morgan wields a Brave Sword. Everything else about the Final Smash stays the same.

Falco: His new Final Smash takes the Arwing. It operates like his Landmaster, but moves only in the air.

Wolf: His Final Smash calls in Leon while running over foes with his Wolfen. Then, they fire their Wolfens' lasers at the foes that Wolf ran over.

Ganondorf: Is de-cloned using weapons from all Zelda timelines. He'll gain new specials (Old specials are customs) levivating as an up special, deflecting cape that deals with projectiles and tanks one hit (takes damage from hit without launching) as a side special. Non-projectile attacking combos can break through this new side special. Neutral special is an magic ball that gets faster the more it's deflected. Down special is a ground striking punch that creates shockwaves (air use sends him downward that doesn't meteor foes if foes are hit in the air). What remains of his old moveset are his side ground tilt, down air, foward air, his Final Smash (it's slowed down), and his old specials that are his customs. He retains slow, but powerful gameplay.

Dark Pit: Is made to be more unique using weapons that neither Palutena nor Pit bring to Smash from Kid Icarus: Uprising. He uses his staff more physically and brings in other melee weapons. His Final Smash involves weak Dark Pit Staff shots before a charged shot sends them flying.

Edit: Criticism is welcome.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been working on and off on this...Included some New Assists and Poke-ball summons...

All Newcomers:
Toad
Waluigi
Paper Mario
Ashley
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Ganon
Midna & Wolf Link
Impa
Samurai Goroh
Sceptile
Gen 7/8 Pokemon
Medusa
Krystal
Ridley
Dark Samus
Isaac
Bandana dee
Inklings
Chibi-Robo
Elma
Takamaru
Tails
Bomberman
Banjo & Kazooie

Returning veterans:
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Snake

New Assist Trophies:
King Boo
Poochy
9-Volt
Rambi
Zant
Rundas
Hades
Magolor
Anna
Balloon Fighter
Wii Fit Trainer
Sami
Karate Joe
Rhythm Wrestler
King Hippo
Knuckles
Zero
Dig Dug
Psycho Mantis
Chun-Li
Gruntlida

New Poke-Ball Summons:
Porygon-Z (Trick Room)
Ampharos (Charge Beam)
Tyrantrum (Crunch)
Sableye (Will-O-Wisp)
Noivern (Boomburst)
Golurk (Shadow Punch)
Ninjask (Aerial Ace)
Garchomp (Dual Chop)
Rampardos (Head Smash)
Pyroar (Ehoed Voice)
Rotom (Discharge)
Abra (Teleport)
Diancie (Diamond Storm)

Cuts:
WFT-I personally think she's better suited as an Assist, rather than a playable fighter...of course people may be upset about a character getting a demotion, but at the same time not everyone will make it back as a playable fighter and she was on my shortlist...
Dark Pit/Lucina-relegated to Alts. Both Dark Pit and Lucina can function just fine with the same movesets as their counterparts, which they pretty much already have anyways, they can have the alt. character treatment similar to Alph and female Robin...

New Alternate Costumes:
Mario Strikers alts for all applicable characters
Shadow Queen alt
Various Toad alts including; Toadette, Toadsworth, Captain Toad, etc...similar to Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings
Dry Bowser alt
Hyrule Warriors alts for Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Impa
ALBW alt for Toon Link
Ocarina of Time alt for Impa
Cosplay Pikachu alts
PROPER Metroid Prime Dark/Light suits, PED suit and Metroid Fusion alts for Samus
Black and white shorts for ZSS and Justin Bailey alt
Ryu's got added Ken and Akura alts as well as a more suitable Chun-Li colour swap (Dark blue Top, Brown Leggings and a white head band to mimic Chun-Li's attire) as well as a shirtless Green Skin and Orange Hair for Blanka (y'know it'd be awesome!!)

Notable Changes to existing characters:
Link-Illusion Stab returns
Ganondorf-less Falcondorfy and more Ganondorfy...also has a hover like Peach, but doesn't last as long as her's, fair causes a slight quake if grounded also...
Toon Link-Deku Leaf up Special, Grappling Hook tether, King of the Red Lions Final Smash (comparable to Snake's and ZSS's Final Smashes)
Wolf-Final Smash has been changed to his Wolfen
Samus-Morph Ball Crawl, added Power Bombs, Rapid Firing uncharged Neutral B, better fastfall, Multiple boosts (up to three) for Screw Attack, Super Armour on some of her attacks
Little Mac-Slightly Better Recovery...simple...
Olimar-back to six pikmin, includes Rock Pikmin and Flying Pikmin, Flying Pikmin don't damage opponents but they can reduce their weight and increase their floatiness (they are still used for his recovery), Rock Pikmin deal hefty damage and can Break Sheilds
Sonic-New down B-Bounce, can bounce up to three times, dives but can spike, think of it as a slightly faster dair from Greninja

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So I decided to make a realistic one. Or at least one I thought would be the most realistic. I tried to make one on that roster maker, but I can't get that thing to work, terrible looking list coming your way. For the sake of the list looking realistic more cuts then 5 may happen, we'll see I'm kinda we'll see I'm kinda just wingin' it.

Super Mario:
:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4peach::rosalina::4bowserjr:Daisy, Toad(possibly Captain), Paper Mario
Cuts::4drmario:
-With the inclusion of Paper Mario, Dr. Mario will get demoted to an alt. I honestly see it happening, with the massive popularity of Paper Mario, and the divisive nature of Dr. Mario and other move set clones, it seems like a natural switch that's bound to happen.

-Daisy's popularity is growing at a rapid pace both in the West and the East. They've avoided her up to this point, but her popularity won't be ignored when she's top 10.

-Toad would probably be the most popular choice had he/she (I'm not really sure) not been part of Peach's move set. A simple change (like Peach blowing a kiss as her neutral special) could lead a renaissance for the little mushroom thing. I say it's likely.

Yoshi:
:4yoshi:
-Nothing happens here. Yoshi will probably get Yarn costumes, but I don't think anyone is stupid enough to make them actual characters.

WarioWare
:4wario2: *Waluigi, Ashley
-Wario isn't going to get the Wario Land representation every one so desperately wants. The shoulder bash, and maybe a few throws will get implemented, but a full move set makeover's not happening. It's a shame, but no one's going to make massive changes to one of the more original characters in the game.

-Waluigi belongs with Mario, I know, but Sakurai put his AT down with the Wario series before, so I don't think it's going to change. It could help "justify" his character a little bit, because he could avoid the whole over-repping thing by listing him here, but deep down we'll always know.

-Ashley has Sakurai's attention, at least a bit. She'll probably be one of the last ones in, but I have her in regardless.

DK
:4dk::4diddy:Dixie, K.Rool
-Dixie's an obvious choice. Her model is very similar to Diddy's, and she can bring something new to the game, all the while having solid, consistent support. One of the first newcomers done.

-K.Rool's populrity won't be ignored forever. He'll make it in the next one for sure

Game and Watch
:4gaw:
-He's not going anywhere.

Punch Out
:4littlemac:
-Series stands pat.

:4duckhunt:
-No major changes here.

Legend of Zelda
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4sheik::4tlink:Impa *+
-I'm honestly not sure about this one. I mean, I'm pretty certain that all these characters are coming back (despite my own opinions on them), but I'm not sure how they will. Will Ganondorf finally get a revamped kit? Will Sheik remerge with Zelda? Will Toon Link get a new kit? I honestly don't know.

-Tetra would make it if Sheik wasn't her own character. I don't think anyone's going to put in 3 Zeldas ever.

-Impa is the only newcomer I feel confident about. She decent enough support, and will most likely be a clone of Sheik. I'm not saying that's how I want her to turn out, but that's how I see it happening. She's an easy way out type character that gets thrown in, late in development as a "cherry on top". Shame really, because she has a lot of potential.

- If the new antagonist for Zelda U is popular they'll have a chance as well. We'll see though.

Fire Emblem
:4marth::4myfriends::4feroy::4lucina::4robinm:Azura *+
-This one upsets me too, but the Fire Emblem takeover is here to stay.

-Lucina gets some changes, but stays mostly a clone.

-Azura is a surprise choice over the last avatar, because she brings more to the table.

-Obviously has room to change with the inevitable onslaught of FE games coming in the near future.

Kid Icarus
:4pit::4palutena:
Cuts::4darkpit:
-I don't think Dark Pit is coming back as anything more than a costume. We hurt Sakurai's feelings, and he's going to let us know that.

-I wanted to put Viridi here, but unless an Uprising sequel comes out she has no chance.

Kirby
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:Bandana Dee
-Bandanna Dee (or maybe just regular ole Waddle Dee) will get shot. The popularity is high everywhere right now, and the character has Toad-like appeal (cute minor character that gets more attention than it deserves). I have no clue how the kit will look, but I think this character has a really good chance.

Pokemon
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4mewtwo::4charizard::4greninja: *+
-I don't see the Pokemon Trainer coming back. That's a lot of effort to make one functional character. I don't think it will even be considered.

-New Pokemon games will inevitably come out, and new Pokemon will be considered. I have no doubts that a new Pokemon rep will make it in, but I just have no idea who yet.

-Zoroark will be an idea floated around. The concept won't work though, and it will be scrapped.

:4fox::4falco::wolf:Krystal
-Wolf is coming back. More changes on the way.

-Krystal will make it, despite her controverse prone nature.

F-Zero
:4falcon:
-Sadly no more additions here.

Metroid
:4samus::4zss:Ridley
-Sadly, ZSS is coming back as her own character. I know she has her fans out there which is why this is happening, but I hate this character. So lap it up, you b*****ds.

-Ridley can't be ignored anymore. He'll be one of the first newcomers to be put in development, because of the massive negative reaction from last time.

Gyromite
:4rob:
-No changes

Mother/Earthbound
:4ness::4lucas:
-Lucas will get more changes, other than that everything's cool.

Pikmin
:4olimar:
-I think Olimar will be the only rep, no alt costumes for :4alph: or others either, just Olimar. He'll be able to use all the Pikmin.

Animal Crossing
:4villager: (one of Tom Nook/K.K. Slide/Isabelle)
-I think Tom Nook would be the best option, but it doesn't matter what I think. AC is a franchise that's popularity has grown to make it one of Nintendo's bigger franchises. I think they're going to get a second rep. If popularity was in play, it'd probably go to Isabelle, legacy would be Tom Nook, and KK for the wildcard. My guess would still be Tom Nook, but I'm certain it will be one of these.

Xenoblade
:4shulk:*+
-There may be another rep. It really depends on how XCX does, and how popular it still is by the time Sma5h's development cycle starts. If so, Elma or Cross are the only characters that will be considered. I personally would rather have Elma.

Wii Fit
:4wiifit:
-Yes this idiotic sorry excuse for a character will return. I hate it, but it's going to happen. No real reason to cut it, so it will return.

Mii
:4mii:
-Once again, I hate it, but they'll return. Not only that, but they'll come with even more classes.

Splatoon
Inkling
-The most important franchise to come out in recent memory. They're inevitable. How'll they'll be executed I don't know, but they will be in.

-Will have gender swap

Wonderful 101
Wonder Red
-I think it's very likely. Despite the limited popularity of the franchise, Wonder Red has maintained a strong ballot presence. He'll make it next time.

Ice Climbers
:popo:
-They'll return in all of their glory.

Panel de Pon
Lip
-Lip will represent the retro choice this time around. She'll rep the Gameboy years. Her growing presence in the West despite never having a game will be the ultimate decider.

Murasame' Castle
Takamaru
-Last second cut this time around, will make it next time.

Golden Sun
Isaac
-He'll finally get the representation he deserves. His pre-release presence will be too much to ignore.

Sin and Punishment
Isa Jo
-The "WTF" character this time around, many who were expecting Saki will get the next best thing. Sakurai's love for the series will be the reason this thing happens.

Legendary Starfy
Starfy
-The "joke" character, Starfy will finally make it in Smash. It's casual-friendly presence, kit potential, and decent following will be the reason why.

Third Parties
:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:
- I don't see Ryu or Snake returning. They seem like one off characters to me.

-I desperately want to put Bomberman, Rayman, and Shantae here, but I don't see it happening. Bomberman won't leap frog Snake (Konami will want Snake or no one), Rayman's relatively unknown oversees, and Shantae's hype will die down by then.

So yeah 72 characters named, with about 3 or 4 more guaranteed a spot to make the roster around 75. I'm not exactly happy wit it, but it's how I see the choices going down.

Last edited:
-Waluigi belongs with Mario, I know, but Sakurai put his AT down with the Wario series before, so I don't think it's going to change. It could help "justify" his character a little bit, because he could avoid the whole over-repping thing by listing him here, but deep down we'll always know.
He didn't. It was a mistake in the April Smash Direct.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
He didn't. It was a mistake in the April Smash Direct.
It's still a perfectly good way to justify his inclusion. I think someone will do it as a means to satisfy both crowds (Waluigi fans, and Overrepping haters(even though ario will still have 9! reps)).

Anyway is that all you got for the list?

It's still a perfectly good way to justify his inclusion. I think someone will do it as a means to satisfy both crowds (Waluigi fans, and Overrepping haters(even though ario will still have 9! reps)).

Anyway is that all you got for the list?
Only complaints I have are Isa Jo instead of Saki, Mario getting three newcomers while Wario also gets two (1-2 for Mario and 1 for Wario would be fine), and FE getting 2 newcomers while also keeping Lucina.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Only complaints I have are Isa Jo instead of Saki, Mario getting three newcomers while Wario also gets two (1-2 for Mario and 1 for Wario would be fine), and FE getting 2 newcomers while also keeping Lucina.
Just the way I see it going down.

-It seems that Mario doesn't have any restraints when it comes to character selection. I don't like it, but it's clear at this point. Daisy, Paper Mario, and Toad are all really popular choices and I don't se them being ignored next time around.

-As said, Ashley is a last second addition, like Wolf in Brawl, and Bowser Jr. now. Reps kind of get thrown out when considering last second additions.

-FE is going to get ridiculous representation (it already is). I don't see that changing. Characters will be chosen from now on based on weapon though, Azura makes it in because of the lance, the new rep will make it in because of mace/ax/something that's not a sword. That's just how I see it going down.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I agree with MP about the 3 Mario reps and Isa Jo. I've even pointed out that Isa isn't the face of the series, but that's me

I only disagree with Daisy based on how they are treating her as of late which is spinoffs, sports, kart, and parties. As much as I hate to say it, until Daisy makes a sudden reappearance in a main Mario game, I don't think she will have a shot in the next one

Last edited:
Just the way I see it going down.

-It seems that Mario doesn't have any restraints when it comes to character selection. I don't like it, but it's clear at this point. Daisy, Paper Mario, and Toad are all really popular choices and I don't se them being ignored next time around.

-As said, Ashley is a last second addition, like Wolf in Brawl, and Bowser Jr. now. Reps kind of get thrown out when considering last second additions.

-FE is going to get ridiculous representation (it already is). I don't see that changing. Characters will be chosen from now on based on weapon though, Azura makes it in because of the lance, the new rep will make it in because of mace/ax/something that's not a sword. That's just how I see it going down.
The problem with Mario reps is that you technically added four Mario newcomers, one with an excuse of him being a Wario character (which he's not). That's too many for one series, despite it being a mascot series.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
The problem with Mario reps is that you technically added four Mario newcomers, one with an excuse of him being a Wario character (which he's not). That's too many for one series, despite it being a mascot series.
This is how I see it happening. I don't like it (I hate this roster) but this is how I see it happening based on what I've seen with the character selection process so far. You can get on reasons why it shouldn't happen, the same way you could've complained why Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. shouldn't have even been considered right now, but that all falls on the deaf ears of the developers actually making things happen. Reps don't matter for Mario, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem at this point, get used to it.

If you saw my first roster(the one I actually like), I had 5 Mario reps, so this definitely isn't what I want just so no one gets that idea in their head. I hate the idea of Paper Mario and Daisy being a character, but I just think it's going to happen. They're popular, and popular characters from popular series that aren't hard to make get in the game.

This is how I see it happening. I don't like it (I hate this roster) but this is how I see it happening based on what I've seen with the character selection process so far. You can get on reasons why it shouldn't happen, the same way you could've complained why Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. shouldn't have even been considered right now, but that all falls on the deaf ears of the developers actually making things happen. Reps don't matter for Mario, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem at this point, get used to it.

If you saw my first roster(the one I actually like), I had 5 Mario reps, so this definitely isn't what I want just so no one gets that idea in their head. I hate the idea of Paper Mario and Daisy being a character, but I just think it's going to happen. They're popular, and popular characters from popular series that aren't hard to make get in the game.
I see your point, but Dr. Mario was an easy clone and both Rosalina and Junior had major roles in Mario games before Smash 4. I can see Captain Toad and Paper Mario being added with same logic as them, but I doubt Daisy and Waluigi will start appearing outside spin-offs. I can see Daisy making it as an easy Peach clone, though.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I see your point, but Dr. Mario was an easy clone and both Rosalina and Junior had major roles in Mario games before Smash 4. I can see Captain Toad and Paper Mario being added with same logic as them, but I doubt Daisy and Waluigi will start appearing outside spin-offs. I can see Daisy making it as an easy Peach clone, though.
I'm not denying that Daisy will probably end up a lazy Peach-clone (sure to go down well with Daisy supporters), I feel like a lot of this roster may end up that way (Daisy, Impa, Dixie are sadly all potential clones). It sucks but clones are easy way outs, and they look pretty upon presentation.

As for Walugi, it's definitely one of those characters on the fence that I see making it in. He's probably the most well-known Nintendo character not in Smash thanks to his appearances in Mario Kart, Party, and various sports games. He's always a high request, and I just see him making the next step, next time around.

I think if the rep thing really becomes that big a deal, Luigi may actual get his own special little tag due to Luigi's Mansion. Same with Paper Mario for his eponymous series. I don't see anyone caring that much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom