• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd have
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4mii::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinf::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villagerf::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:return, declone :4darkpit::4lucina: and add the following
:popo::ivysaur::snake::squirtle::wolf: as veterans
which means 10 characters left.
Ridley: Popular, relevant, appears in almost every game so recency doesn't apply, and my personal favourite Nintendo villain
K.Rool: Pretty much the same as Ridley
Anna: Because Based RNG Goddess is best waifu, she has lots of different weapons to use which Smash doesn't represent
Takamaru: Classic character with fun projectiles, I don't see any problem
Mach Rider: Another classic, but this one rides a motorcycle. Can't really say that's been done before. That, and muh Kamen Rider reference
Bandana Dee: Bandana Dee keeps appearing in the Kirby franchise and oddly enough, has more recent appearances than Meta Knight and Dedede. His moves from the Spear ability translate so well in Smash aswell
Ray MKIII: A projectile based character who, let's be honest, looks cool as ****. I do have difficulty with thinking of what size he should be though
Isaac: Main protagonist of pretty succesful RPG games, the fact no two fanmade movesets are the same says enough.
Dixie Kong: Why not? People argue whether or not it should be K.Rool or Dixie, but I would rather have both
Hector: One of the more popular Lords in FE, and his weapon of choice: A giant '**** off' axe. What's not too love?
I always thought of Ray MKIII being as tall as Kirby. He'd look a lot smaller because he's not a filled out ball but a mini robot figurine. I think that's about as small as a fighter can get. Can you imagine a Poison Mushroom Ray MKIII? He'd be like a frickin bug (and a more accurate size). A super mushroomed Ray would probably be the same height as Rosalina.

Also, Ray doesn't HAVE to be small either. Kirby is 8 inches tall in his game and Olimar is even smaller, yet both are only slightly smaller than Mario. Ray could be in a similar situation. It's A-Okay if you're too small for Smash, nobody's too small for Smash!

But you can sure as **** be too big though, damnit.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I always thought of Ray MKIII being as tall as Kirby. He'd look a lot smaller because he's not a filled out ball but a mini robot figurine. I think that's about as small as a fighter can get. Can you imagine a Poison Mushroom Ray MKIII? He'd be like a frickin bug (and a more accurate size). A super mushroomed Ray would probably be the same height as Rosalina.

Also, Ray doesn't HAVE to be small either. Kirby is 8 inches tall in his game and Olimar is even smaller, yet both are only slightly smaller than Mario. Ray could be in a similar situation. It's A-Okay if you're too small for Smash, nobody's too small for Smash!

But you can sure as **** be too big though, damnit.
I think the reason he's not in the game yet, is because of how small he'd look compared to the rest of the cast. Personally, seeing that characters like DDD and Olimar aren't anywhere near their game-size in Smash, I'd like to see them make Ray (01 preferably) Samus sized to fit his proportions better. I really liked how that one Mod did it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No Knuckles. 0/10 would not buy

I would be happy if this were to be the final roster, no Mario newcomer aside. It's got a fraction of the heavily requested characters many ask for (Ridley, King K. Rool, Krystal, ect.) and several new faces that the modern audience would be familiar with (Chibi Robo, Elma, Bandanna Dee).

No new third party character does seem interesting, but I can understand that you're the type that rather have more 1st/2nd party newcomers in the end. You are also another person who even thought about the idea of making the default Corrin female to fully separate the character from default Robin.

Overall, there's not many flaws with your roster and I do like the usage of color for the roster icon backgrounds.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This is actually a revised version of a roster I posted elsewhere on the forum, so to full understand it you'd have to know the other gameplay changes I've added (which I can explain), but here it is:

Ultimate Roster Roster.png

71 Characters Total, Mii Fighters included.
The bottom row is alternate costumes for Bowser, Bowser Jr., Toad, Wario, Link, Impa, Pit, Little Mac, Olimar, and Isaac respectively.

Here's a list of changes I've made to the returning characters (warning: there are many!)
Luigi - He now carries the Poltergust 3000 vacuum on his back and uses it in some of his attacks. His Final Smash is changed, now manually sucking in enemies and using the Strobulb to shock them.

Rosalina - Mostly unchanged, but Rosalina can now be selected by herself (no Luma). In this form Luma only follows Rosalina and doesn't fight, but can still be launched with her Neutral Special.

Wario - Some of his standard moves have been changed to reflect Wario Land, like his dash attack and forward Smash.

The Legend of Zelda Characters - They have all been redesigned to represent incarnations from every game in the series, rather than a specific game. They also all have large changes to their movesets.
  • Link is a combination of Adult and Toon Link, being faster and weaker. His actual moveset is mostly unchanged. Dark Link now has a unique design and voice from Link, and is an alternate costume.
  • Zelda uses a Light Rapier to cover (very strong) weaknesses in her neutral moveset.
  • Ganondorf uses a trident, and he uses it to replace every move he shared with Captain Falcon. He is basically a semi-clone of himself. His Final Smash turns him into Pig Ganon instead of the Dark Beast, which acts as a new form rather than just a move.
  • Sheik is mostly the same but has a new Final Smash and she shares her slot with Impa.
Samus - Moveset-vise she is mostly the same, but her ground speed is considerably faster, but she is still floaty.

Pit - Pit uses the same moves but has a new Final Smash - Daybreak - and shares a slot with Dark Pit.

Palutena - There's no customs so Palutena has new custom moves to best suit her playstyle.

Little Mac - Still very strong on the ground and weak in the air, but has a significantly better recovery.

Pikmin & Olimar - Like in Brawl, he once again has the ability to summon six Pikmin at a time. The order is the same as Smash 4, however. He still shares a slot with Alph, but they have an appropriate amount of costumes and Alph uses his own ship in his Final Smash.

Mewtwo - He is significantly heavier than in previous games, but still very floaty. The names of his side and down specials have been switched.

Lucario - Aura mechanic is more balanced - Lucario starts off stronger and gains power at a slower rate. If Aura still isn't your thing, you can now play without it, with more balanced power and speed.

Marth - significantly faster from Smash 4, more like Melee and Brawl. His design is changed to look like his official art from New Mystery of the Emblem.

Robin - Also significantly faster than before. Male and female versions now have 8 costumes each, and you can play with weaker (but unbreakable) equipment.

Lucina - Almost completely changed from Marth. Mostly different normal attacks, completely unique special moves based on skills from Fire Emblem: Awakening, and is redesigned to look more like a Great Lord. She throws shield-breaking javelins for her neutral special and her Final Smash is Astra.

- Everyone else has no significant changes.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
No Knuckles. 0/10 would not buy

I would be happy if this were to be the final roster, no Mario newcomer aside. It's got a fraction of the heavily requested characters many ask for (Ridley, King K. Rool, Krystal, ect.) and several new faces that the modern audience would be familiar with (Chibi Robo, Elma, Bandanna Dee).

No new third party character does seem interesting, but I can understand that you're the type that rather have more 1st/2nd party newcomers in the end. You are also another person who even thought about the idea of making the default Corrin female to fully separate the character from default Robin.

Overall, there's not many flaws with your roster and I do like the usage of color for the roster icon backgrounds.
I thought it'd be fine not having a mario newcomer since it has both Dixie and K Rool who are still technically part of the mario sub-series.

Honestly, I just didn't know what 3rd party to add, I had Knuckles but then I remembered captain falcon, shulk and elma existed and I got rid of him. And I just don't know what other 3rd party to add, there's bomberman who's dead but doesn't have the iconicness of Mega Man and Pac-man or Rayman who still exists but is even less iconic then bomberman, so I just left it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: Added Yuuri Kozukata from the upcoming Fatal Frame. She would be using a unique gimmick that revolves around changing how her camera functions in battle in addition to the fan favorite spirits of previous games that attack with her.

So now my entire roster is bumped up to 75 characters for now. :p

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
You know, I hear the name Ninten being thrown around a lot, with some people acting like he is completely separate from :4ness:. Is there really anything different between the two? Because whenever I see Ninten, I see an older form of :4ness:.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
You know, I hear the name Ninten being thrown around a lot, with some people acting like he is completely separate from :4ness:. Is there really anything different between the two? Because whenever I see Ninten, I see an older form of :4ness:.
Within the games? Yes. They are 2 separate characters with different attacks. Design wise? Not so much, but to be fair, they could be; just like Lucas shouldn't just look like a blond Ness with a Jimmy Neutron hair cut, he supposed to be a little lankier at the very least, but it's just easier to use the same model and animations. The way I see it Ninten looks like a worse version of Ness as it stands right now, but he didn't come with a ton of concept images and can easily be redesigned.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With his canon appearance, Ninten does look almost like him (with some noticeable differences like the different color shirt stripes and hair). Some ideas fans throw around include using a redesign like the one Project M use or a design based on his appearance in the Japanese Mother commercial.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Maybe they are different(I don't know anything about Ninten really), but the more I think about it, the more I believe the idea that Ninten became :4ness:.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I personally feel Ninten can't exist as a separate character with Ness present. They are just too damn similar visually. From a distance you wouldn't be able to tell the two apart. This is even worse that Pit and Dark Pit because at least those two have different colored wings. I could see an alt, but it would be mostly flavor anyway with the only notable change being the announcer saying a different name.

My Mother vote would go to Porky, hands down. He faced both Ness and Lucas, and neither of them fought Giegue (Ness fought him as Giygas, but he was literally a giant cloud of evil at the time). That and Porky is just a magnificent ******* and would be the most evil character in the Smash cast, even more evil than Ganondorf. I won't spoil anything as to Porky's exploits in Earthbound or Mother 3, but he has quite the skeletons in his closet, and is a Grade A manipulator. Visually distinctive, he's a fat blond kid and could utilize a spider mech to do most of his physical bidding. He gains PSI abilities eventually doesn't he?

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Maybe they are different(I don't know anything about Ninten really), but the more I think about it, the more I believe the idea that Ninten became :4ness:.
There are other fan theories that Ninten is
Buzz Buzz(the character that calls Ness to action)
, but none that I know of that say Ninten is Ness. I'm not saying Ninten should be on the roster because he's different or anything, but I just can't support the misconception that Ninten is really Ness just because they look the same.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
There are other fan theories that Ninten is
Buzz Buzz(the character that calls Ness to action)
, but none that I know of that say Ninten is Ness. I'm not saying Ninten should be on the roster because he's different or anything, but I just can't support the misconception that Ninten is really Ness just because they look the same.
I'm not saying I completely believe the idea that he is Ness, just considering the possibility that Ninten might've been a prototype for a more fleshed out character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still surprised by the lack of support for a Fatal Frame. Naturally, I would expect plenty of people to support a franchise that is now co-ownded by Nintendo with Tecm Koei. Especially if it's from one of the scariest horror video game franchises in history.

Though I can imagine the issues being that the series might be too dark or frightening to have more than trophy in Smash. Another issue would be finding how the character would work given that your main weapon in the games is the Camera Obscura, which can be used to photograph spirits and there is little combat involved from the main characters. Though it's no surprise given that you normally play as young Japanese women who deal with things like this on a daily basis.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Still surprised by the lack of support for a Fatal Frame. Naturally, I would expect plenty of people to support a franchise that is now co-ownded by Nintendo with Tecm Koei. Especially if it's from one of the scariest horror video game franchises in history.

Though I can imagine the issues being that the series might be too dark or frightening to have more than trophy in Smash. Another issue would be finding how the character would work given that your main weapon in the games is the Camera Obscura, which can be used to photograph spirits and there is little combat involved from the main characters. Though it's no surprise given that you normally play as young Japanese women who deal with things like this on a daily basis.

I'm just not personally into any of these characters. Nothing against the franchise, I've just never been much a fan of putting fairly realistic looking characters into Smash.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I have to agree on Zesty here. Snake felt incredibly out of place on Brawl's roster, as awesome as he and his inclusion are. They still managed to make him blend in sorta with the rest of the Brawl aesthetic. A character from Fatal Frame, not only would it be very difficult to come up with a moveset (although anything's possible with Sakurai...unless it's Ridley) and would be even worse off than Snake in terms of fitting in.

Same goes for any "realistic" character, including Resident Evil characters.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I have to agree on Zesty here. Snake felt incredibly out of place on Brawl's roster, as awesome as he and his inclusion are. They still managed to make him blend in sorta with the rest of the Brawl aesthetic. A character from Fatal Frame, not only would it be very difficult to come up with a moveset (although anything's possible with Sakurai...unless it's Ridley) and would be even worse off than Snake in terms of fitting in.

Same goes for any "realistic" character, including Resident Evil characters.
It's kind of how I feel about Snake as well. Good for everyone who enjoyed playing as him, but he just doesn't seem like the kind of character who would go along well with the many Nintendo characters as they each have their own fantastical flair that Snake just utterly lacks.

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Aaaand, Now for the Fangame roster. You can find my "Nintendo" roster above, so before you say this isn't likely or anything: of course it's not going to be for an actual console game, Fangame rules sorta apply differently if anything.
View attachment 68444

It would also include an option for players to make/code/create their own characters and some of them if accepted on a forum of such, would be accepted into the later versions of the game if I or someone else is to allow it.
I see u put Shovel Knight on it. Yours is my favorite roster só far. Just one question: Do You think his Neutral-B should be Alchemy Coin or Chaos Sphere?

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I upped the roster to 75 which I don't think is at all unrealistic as by the end of Sm4sh's lifetime it'll have about 60 characters anyway. I added Paper Mario (As his own separate series), Dark Samus, Porky, Black Mage and Knuckles the Echidna.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
3DS Roster.png

Another remake, Added about 3 more characters. (Wolf, Giana and a future Pokemon rep.)

What I can see being an actual console roster if anything, I'll also include a dream "Fangame" roster on this thread later but there 'ya go. Also one thing that would be especially improved is custom moves, For example: You can finally have the Wario you dreamed of with a Shoulder Bash and Earthquake Punch, Pac-Man with his moves from Pac-Man World and even Mario with a groundpound or hammer tossing. Please note Piplup is there for Author Appeal, if it was someone else: I am sure it would be different unfortunently... Still should have filled in for Pichu in Brawl. :U

((Also, on the subject of Mario: He's more happy akin to his canon appearance. His appearance would be similar to Melee with the detailed textures but with much brighter colors akin to his actual self and all. The best I can compare it to is this))
DLC would have to be thought about, And of course: Nintendo would have to be okay with it.

Critiques welcome if there is anything I should change.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

I upped the roster to 75 which I don't think is at all unrealistic as by the end of Sm4sh's lifetime it'll have about 60 characters anyway. I added Paper Mario (As his own separate series), Dark Samus, Porky, Black Mage and Knuckles the Echidna.
You're the first person (that I know of, sorry if I missed any other rosters) that added Porky so props for that. A lot of people shout NINTEN but Porky doesn't get much Mother love (in more ways than one). So kudos to that. Also Black Mage would also be my choice for a SE rep.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
On the subject Konami since many seem to mention Snake, I'm at the point where I think not a single character under their roof that isn't from Momotaro Dentetsu has a chance of being in Smash in the future. I don't know, but it's just that gut feeling I've been having after seeing all the news around about their shift to mobile and casino games. That's mostly why you don't see Snake, Simon Belmont (Who I removed from my first roster), or Bomberman (Someone who I'm pretty adamant on adding) out of me.

If only the company didn't dig themselves into such a deep hole these days and many Smash fans wouldn't feel so unsure about these choices. But hey, the company's at the point where they feel your average lonely, smelly, middle aged gambler is their target demographic instead of their dedicated younger gamer base. :rolleyes:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
On the subject Konami since many seem to mention Snake, I'm at the point where I think not a single character under their roof that isn't from Momotaro Dentetsu has a chance of being in Smash in the future. I don't know, but it's just that gut feeling I've been having after seeing all the news around about their shift to mobile and casino games. That's mostly why you don't see Snake, Simon Belmont (Who I removed from my first roster), or Bomberman (Someone who I'm pretty adamant on adding) out of me.

If only the company didn't dig themselves into such a deep hole these days and many Smash fans wouldn't feel so unsure about these choices. But hey, the company's at the point where they feel your average lonely, smelly, middle aged gambler is their target demographic instead of their dedicated younger gamer base. :rolleyes:
It's because of this that, as you said, a lot of people are hesitant to add anything from Konami including the Big 3: Snake, Simon, and Bomberman. I honestly am beginning to believe Snake was a one and done, not someone they simply put as low priority and didn't get around to. That's the thing about 3rd parties, should it at anytime have relations go south, the character will likely go south as well. Though for what we have now (Sega, Capcom, Namco) that seems unlikely anytime soon.

I'm hoping K. Rool makes it in and has that heavyweight projectile/trap feel to him to make up for it.

This is pretty much the reason why I don't have any Konami characters in my realistic roster (I have Snake and Bomberman in my bias roster though).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I find using the Konami drama as a reason not to have Snake back (Or Simon Belmont in) rather silly. So we're to deny a gaming legend a place in Smash bros just because their publishers are treating their workers like scum? I don't know about anyone else but if I were a Nintendo executive I wouldn't give 2 ****s about the policies/ethics of other companies so long as there's money to be made. It's about as stupid as the "One character per third party!" fan rule honestly.

Yes I mained Snake so I'm heavily bias on this viewpoint.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Really, with the hole Konami is in: I still think the only way they can start climbing out and saving themselves is to add Bomberman in Smash... Snake was cool and all, but compared to Sonic: he felt out of place. ((He was from a pretty dark/gritty franchise then again.)) Bomberman is pretty much a gaming icon though, and the way they treat him these days is unacceptable honestly. I knew dread would happen when they bought Hudson Soft back then...

Last edited:
Really, with the hole Konami is in: I still think the only way they can start climbing out and saving themselves is to add Bomberman in Smash... Snake was cool and all, but compared to Sonic: he felt out of place. ((He was from a pretty dark/gritty franchise then again.)) Bomberman is pretty much a gaming icon though, and the way they treat him these days is unacceptable honestly.
I also prefer Bomberman over Snake, but I still think that if Konami gets a rep, Snake is the most likely one, due to his veteran status (and apparently Sakurai doesn't like to cut veterans).

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I still feel he should have had a spot reserved... But the fate will most likely remain unknown at this point.
I knew dread would happen when they bought Hudson Soft back then...
And it's a real shame considering their relationship they had with Nintendo back in the day. Sadly... They are just a memory at this point.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Momotaro Dentetsu
I had to look up what that is on Google and I was left with the question "What the **** am I looking at?"

Yeah no thanks. Snake or bust, not this Eric Cartman lookin guy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I find using the Konami drama as a reason not to have Snake back (Or Simon Belmont in) rather silly. So we're to deny a gaming legend a place in Smash bros just because their publishers are treating their workers like scum? I don't know about anyone else but if I were a Nintendo executive I wouldn't give 2 ****s about the policies/ethics of other companies so long as there's money to be made. It's about as stupid as the "One character per third party!" fan rule honestly.

Yes I mained Snake so I'm heavily bias on this viewpoint.
The way the company treats their workers is not the real problem. It's things like this that is the problem.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=19343

http://kotaku.com/konamis-new-initiative-erotic-castlevania-pachinko-1721123227

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/08/06/silent-hill-rises-from-the-dead-as-a-slot-machine/

All in all, you seem to be the one of the few individuals enthusiastic about the Konami situation. I admire that type of mindset from a fan, but I wish the same can be said for me.

I had to look up what that is on Google and I was left with the question "What the **** am I looking at?"

Yeah no thanks. Snake or bust, not this Eric Cartman lookin guy.
You want to know the worst part, that is the only IP Nintendo recently bought from Konami as of now. It's only a matter of time until they can take something worth owning like Bomberman.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The way the company treats their workers is not the real problem. It's things like this that is the problem.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=19343

http://kotaku.com/konamis-new-initiative-erotic-castlevania-pachinko-1721123227

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/08/06/silent-hill-rises-from-the-dead-as-a-slot-machine/

All in all, you seem to be the one of the few individuals enthusiastic about the Konami situation. I admire that type of mindset from a fan, but I wish the same can be said for me.
Konami have always had Pachinkos and SEGA have Sonic titles on mobile. Again I don't see a company shifting their focus to something else as a reason to leave out icons like Snake and Simon Belmont. If their respective franchises were bought out by Sony or Microsoft then there'd be a problem with getting them in but using a shift in focus on Konami's gaming division as a reason against the inclusion of their characters isn't good enough. I don't think Nintendo or Sakurai would particularly care about the pachinkos or drama going on if they can use the characters in Smash to generate hype and as a result, boost sales of Smash Bros. Honestly the only reason the Pachinko thing is seen as a "problem" is because of the Kojima drama, Iga leaving Konami and the recent revelations into how Konami treats their workers. The "problem" wouldn't be as overblown as it is if that stuff hadn't happened. All it really shows is that Konami will go where there's money to be made like any business would.

The only thing against them is if Konami doesn't want them in. I can see Sakurai wanting to have brought Snake back but the reason he isn't is because negotiations broke down for some reason (Konami wanting too much money for example).

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Konami have always had Pachinkos and SEGA have Sonic titles on mobile. Again I don't see a company shifting their focus to something else as a reason to leave out icons like Snake and Simon Belmont. If their respective franchises were bought out by Sony or Microsoft then there'd be a problem with getting them in but using a shift in focus on Konami's gaming division as a reason against the inclusion of their characters isn't good enough. I don't think Nintendo or Sakurai would particularly care about the pachinkos or drama going on if they can use the characters in Smash to generate hype and as a result, boost sales of Smash Bros. Honestly the only reason the Pachinko thing is seen as a "problem" is because of the Kojima drama, Iga leaving Konami and the recent revelations into how Konami treats their workers. The "problem" wouldn't be as overblown as it is if that stuff hadn't happened. All it really shows is that Konami will go where there's money to be made like any business would.

The only thing against them is if Konami doesn't want them in. I can see Sakurai wanting to have brought Snake back but the reason he isn't is because negotiations broke down for some reason (Konami wanting too much money for example).
Well, Snake certainly isn't back and we have no clue if he was even being worked on. Something tells me Sakurai isn't going to address this like he did the Ice Climbers.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well, Snake certainly isn't back and we have no clue if he was even being worked on. Something tells me Sakurai isn't going to address this like he did the Ice Climbers.
I don't think it's something that'll ever be addressed.

Also Persona now has a Pachinko game as well (not surprised either). Let's put my theory above to the test shall we?

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
You're the first person (that I know of, sorry if I missed any other rosters) that added Porky so props for that. A lot of people shout NINTEN but Porky doesn't get much Mother love (in more ways than one). So kudos to that. Also Black Mage would also be my choice for a SE rep.
It's really weird, I mean the main villain of 2 of the 3 games should take priority of one of the 3 protagonists that looks almost exactly like another, even Kumatora or the masked man would be better, at least Kumatora has the female thing going for her and masked man has uniqueness.

And Black Mage is the ONLY real candidate for a square enix rep in my opinion.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
well, I disagree with being the ONLY good one... There is Slime. ....And I could give plenty of reasons as to why.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I don't really see how he could fight, plus Final Fantasy is quite a bit more iconic than Dragon Quest
You should probably look at Rocket Slime. Plus, again: What makes Smash interesting to me is "oddball" characters. Where else do you beat mascots senseless as Mario, Pikachu or Kirby for that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom