• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I don't mean to sound like an attention ***** or anything... But if you have any critiques on my Roster above or questions, feel free to ask.

Really, Judging with how popular Lucario was and so on, Simply cutting him out is bound to raise red flags. The same would have been gone if I cut out Jigglypuff: Excluding the fact that she's one of the original 12.

Also on a lesser subject, I swear I've seen at least 2 rosters that have cut out Pac-Man... All I have to ask is: Why?

((And on my fangame roster, VIA the last page: There is a reason I would allow anyone to add there own custom characters and so on, I don't wanna stop people from having fun and so on. They would have the option to submit their own characters too but it would be up to me [and a number of people] to decide if said character should be in the game. I mean... I never found Goku interesting, But if somebody makes a Goku character and releases it as an unnoffical addon: I honestly couldn't care.))
They cut Pac-Man because fire hydrants.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Really? I figured if you realize how popular Lucario is you'd actually expect someone to call you out on that, even if it wasn't me. Well, someone did before me, I just kinda jumped on the train.
It's two people (the third guy just cares about Charizard). I think I'm fine.

Clones are something I can take or leave, though there are some that I do like(such as Doc, and I have a bit of a soft spot for Dark Pit). But if I identify a clone as having moveset potential, I'd much rather them stick around long enough to be Luigified over being flat out cut.
If they don't serve to add diversity for the roster, then I rather not have them. Whatever they add, they don't add enough. I'm fine with taking clones, and giving them new move sets if I feel (and yes this is my personal preference here) they're worth keeping; but if not they're getting either A) demoted or B) outright cut.

We say determining factor, but I don't think it's as simple as a checklist that guarantees a character's inclusion. They are eligible for consideration, yes, but it's still either a hard YES or NO after much deliberation.
For me it is. To be in my roster, characters have to fit my qualifications. Simple as that. Lucario didn't and that's why he got cut. Once again, I'm not doing this based on how Sakurai did, I'm doing it my own way.

We can only guess at why a character like Wolf didn't return for Smash 4. Only the man himself knows the answer to that question, but it's not like any of us can just go and ask him. He did give some specifics on Ridley, though.
My point was, he eliminated a really popular character w/o any real reason. I know it's speculation, but I really only see two possibilities: 1. He hates Wolf or 2. He's saving him to promote SF:Zero. Both questionable tactics. The backlash for Wolf's cut (an arguably more popular character than Lucario) has been fairly mundane, and there appears to be no good reason for his exclusion up to this point. So I think I could get away with a spite cut if I wanted to.

We probably could've done without the rage mechanic, but it's here, so all we can do is adapt to it.
That's fine, I have; but in the hypothetical scenario that I take over the game development, that stuff, and anything related to it, is gone. That's all I was saying.

Define "fit", because right now I can't see how any of the aforementioned characters fit in more than Lucario.
Fit the qualifications I've previously laid down, i.e. I can't justify, no matter how hard I try, cutting them. All but one come from small franchises with little representation, all come with original movesets, and all but one have no gimmicks to worry about.

Now Rosalina is different, she neither comes from an underrepped franchise nor doesn't have a gimmick; but in my opinion her gimmick is original and it works, and the franchise she's a part of happens to be one of the 2 I'd allow 5 reps for(the other ironically being Pokemon). At this point, for me, her original playstyle seems to be worthy of bringing her back.

Don't quite know how popular he is compared to the others of his generation, but I'm sure he's well liked.
I'm sure he is. I've actually been a little taken aback by how popular he is around here. I haven't paid attention to Pokemon for a couple years, and to see him blow up like this is kind of surprising.

I heard that Sakurai and his team really like Wolf, though I can't say how true that is. Maybe he just didn't have the time to be fully implemented into the game. Like I said, none of us really know why. DLC is his best chance now.
I don't know, he was one of the more popular requests Pre-Brawl, so I would imagine he'd take precedence over some of the characters who actually made it on the roster at launch. It just doesn't make sense to me that, a character like that gets cut without some kind of hidden motivation. If that motivation is DLC, then I think it's scummy, but I'll take it.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Have you played Uprising? I feel like 90% of people who hate Dark Pit haven't played Uprising
I've yet to play Uprising but I don't hate Dark Pit. I'm just not really sure if he's right for the roster at the minute, but that's me. I don't mind him being a DLC character later

:4olimar::4falcon::4villager::4littlemac::4wiifit::4shulk:+ Isaac + Bayonetta
Bayonetta is third party. I really want to like this roster, but she is the only thing I wouldn't play this game for

Whoa nelly! It looks like I made the last two pages turn from post roster to debates?

Okay okay, all jokes aside. I'm gonna repost my roster from earlier

Part of the reason why I cut Doctor Mario is I dislike the fact that Mario and Doctor Mario are the exact same person and only thing that he has that's different is labcoat and pills. Sounds silly but that's me. While I enjoyed Dark Pit, I'm not sure if he seems ready for Smash. Unless Sakurai can declone him further or make him DLC, either is fine with me

The only retro character I can somewhat think of that would be a perfect WTF character would be Bubbles. She has history plus she did appeared in a few Donkey Kong games and can become an unique character.

I only added Bomberman and Rayman due to their popularity and they seem to be the next best chances for 3rd Party characters had they were to add more.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I've yet to play Uprising but I don't hate Dark Pit. I'm just not really sure if he's right for the roster at the minute, but that's me. I don't mind him being a DLC character later
You should get on it. Some good stuff there. I don't think he's good enough as of now, but if I had my way I'd give him more gear from Uprising. Same goes for Pit.

Whoa nelly! It looks like I made the last two pages turn from post roster to debates?

What can I say? I like my blue dog.:4lucario:

Okay okay, all jokes aside. I'm gonna repost my roster from earlier

Part of the reason why I cut Doctor Mario is I dislike the fact that Mario and Doctor Mario are the exact same person and only thing that he has that's different is labcoat and pills. Sounds silly but that's me. While I enjoyed Dark Pit, I'm not sure if he seems ready for Smash. Unless Sakurai can declone him further or make him DLC, either is fine with me

The only retro character I can somewhat think of that would be a perfect WTF character would be Bubbles. She has history plus she did appeared in a few Donkey Kong games and can become an unique character.

I only added Bomberman and Rayman due to their popularity and they seem to be the next best chances for 3rd Party characters had they were to add more.
My mind is telling me that if we were to get any character from Konami, it would be a Castlevania character.

I do like the Doc, but I wish he was a bit more differentiated from Mario. I won't say no to him either way though.

Bubbles...? Are you talking about that thing from Clu Clu Land, or something else?

Hmm....maybe I should take a look at my roster I posted sometime ago, see if there's anything I'd like to update on it.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
- When ROB was released he was released alongside Stack Up. There's a huge difference between a peripheral for a games console like ROB and a TV Show based on gaming like Captain N.

- And yet you argue Geno is more important than Paper Mario because he was in SMRPG and all that BS about linking SE and Nintendo as well as being in the first Mario RPG game. Hypocrisy aside Medusa was revealed to be Hades' puppet. That gives Hades a higher position.

- The only ones I'd personally call silly for myself are Black Shadow and maybe Waluigi. Point them out for me. Geno, Bomberman and Nester are silly to me. Ryu, Rosalina, Robin and Greninja's reasons for being cut are ridiculous (fan reasoning (yeah let's cut the iconic fighting game character because of "muh stupid fan rules"), Not a fighter:4villager: and... being relevant (WTF?), They wanted Chrom instead so let's get rid of a unique character for one that could serve as an alt for an existing character :4lucina:, random Pokemon (That so happened to get Popular and possesses a unique moveset) respectively) . Snake being left out in favour of Bomberman is what makes him silly especially because you say Bomberman is more iconic than Metal Gear. It isn't. Metal Gear (41.2 million) has sold far more than Bomberman (10 million) as of this day with Phantom Pain coming out in almost 2 weeks and the games constantly win various awards earning them even greater recognition. Remind me which of the two is referenced in Team Fortress 2? Hint: It's not Bomberman. Geno is Geno, forever a silly choice, especially when Black Mage, Cloud, Kefka , Slime and Lara Croft exist. Nester contradicts your reasoning for Rosalina being cut. :4villagerf:He isn't a fighter:4villager:. Your contradictory logic makes it silly.
- k

- because SMRPG was more important in Nintendo history than Paper Mario, still the backstory doesnt matter

- oh you are going on different topic right now do you me to start about this? ok fine.
this is MY rule if I made a roster because i find it unfair to give CAPCOM 2 characters and leave SEGA and NAMCO with 1 character, i know Villager doesnt fight but thats a different seires but there is alot of other Mario characters that can fight, Rosalina doesnt fight like the other Mario characters all what i saw from her was spinning, the fans asked asked for Chrom so i give them what they wanted also it dosnt matter if the character was clone or not, its not about popularity and the moveset its about what do you "represent" i want the pokemon choice to be special from the game that appeared in or at least in the movie, its not about the money that seires did get its about what the seires/Company did to Nintendo we got Wario blast and Mario Party games and this is something special to Nintendo, hate it or not Geno does represent something completely different from other Square enix characters he represent more about Nintendo history rather than Square Enix history and you should know that super smash seires is about "Nintendo celebraties" being iconic is not everything.
ok so lets your silly choices like Paper Mario (multiplying the same character is a bad idea unless if its an alt skin), Waluigi (i like him but he is not really special to Nintendo), Azura (being a main character is good but thats not enogh because the character needs to represent something special in the history), Porky (over main protagonist and from different game in the seires like Ninten? No)

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
My old list, updated based on the modern roster.

I should note that I would design all veteran fighters around their latest forms, for the most part anyway. Any changes will be noted by the character's icon.

Veterans:

Mario series:
:4mario:
:4luigi:I would at least give a bit more speed and distance to his Misfire, at most equivalent to his Misfire in SSBM. It seems too low nowadays. No other changes.
:4peach:
:4bowser:
:4bowserjr:There really should be more use of his Magic Paintbrush.
:rosalina:
:4drmario:At least a more suitable FS.

Yoshi series:
:4yoshi:

DK series:
:4dk:
:4diddy:

Metroid series:
:4samus:One would think that in terms of custom moves, there would be an Ice Beam in there somewhere. I mean, it's like her signature beam, or something. No other changes.
:4zss:

Star Fox series:
:4fox:
:4falco:New FS is all that is needed. Moveset is perfectly fine otherwise.
:wolf:Same as Falco, though that Nair needs to be changed into something that works better.

PKMN series:
:4pikachu:
:4charizard:
:4lucario:
:4greninja:
:4mewtwo:

LoZ series:
:4link:
:4zelda:
:4sheik:I think the Goddess Harp would be a fine addition to her arsenal.
:4ganondorf:More Ganondorf, less Falcondorf. Maybe something based on HW.
:4tlink:Hurricane Spin FS. Should include more of his gear from WW, at least as custom moves.

Kirby series:
:4kirby:
:4metaknight:
:4dedede:Why no Masked Dedede FS Sakurai?

Kid Icarus series:
:4pit:More gear from Uprising
:4palutena:
:4darkpit:Same as Pit, just some different weapons to differentiate the two.

FE series:
:4marth:
:4myfriends:
:4robinm::4robinf:
:4lucina:Aether FS. That is all.
:4feroy:

Retro series:
:4duckhunt:
:4gaw:
:4rob:

Wario series:
:4wario::4wario2:Could use a modified version of his SSBB FSmash, but fine otherwise.

Mother/Earthbound:
:4ness:
:4lucas:

Other series:
:4littlemac::4wiremac:
:4olimar::4alph:100% more Rock Pikmin.
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:
:4shulk:
:4villager::4villagerf:
:4mii::4miif:

3rd Party series
:4sonic:
:4megaman:
:4ryu:

Newcomers:

Paper Mario: Definitely the most interesting form of Mario in my eyes. Would fight using Hammer and Jump attacks as well as Crystal Stars.

Dark Samus: The feared phazon-based doppelganger of the Metroid series. She is similar in form to Samus, but her movements and fighting style is anything but. Uses phazon-powered skills, like barriers, tackles, charge attacks, Boost Ball and the like.

Krystal: Our telepathic staff wielder. She would use close combat skills and magical powers akin to the way Fox did.

Impa: Her appearance in HW did wonders for her fighting style, I think.

Midna: Another character that benefits from an appearance in HW, though I'm debating which form of her I would use. I suppose her imp form is the most widely known, so I'd most likely use that one.

Magnus: He would be the Kid Icarus series' heavy battler, utilizing his close combat moves as well as his huge club.

Isaac: His various Djinni can change the way he fights, either by altering his Earth Psynergy or giving him a different element entirely, and alter his stats as well.

3rd Party:
If Konami were to allow use of a character again, it should be someone from a series that is more associated with Nintendo, namely Castlevania. With that in mind, the series' most famous vampire hunter, Simon Belmont, should take the spot, complete with some of the other Belmonts as stand-ins(Koopaling-style).

Cuts:

:4jigglypuff:Just can't stand anything about her.
:4pacman:Doesn't appeal to me at all.

Other notes:

Custom Moves: Generally I would have characters' custom moves be based on things they did rather than just copy-paste animations with slightly altered effects(:4palutena: and :4mii: were the only characters they bothered to do this for). :4megaman: is the exception to this rule, however. For the most part his animations never really changed at all, just the special weapons themselves, which works for him.

Alt. costumes: Any character that has one or more should show up, like helmet-less :4megaman: or Grandmaster :4robinm:.

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
Geno is from an extremely irrelevant game which hasn't been even referenced since Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (which had a Square-Enix subsidiary working on it), from a company that is hard to work with, a company with not as many recent tie-ins with Nintendo, and is all around pretty obscure now a days.

EDIT: Instead of being a dream crushing p***k (Megaman Sprite Game reference) let me bring up a character that is pretty much what Geno is. Black Mage

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ooh, this is fun. Took a while to get a roster down, but here it is...

65 unique character movesets in 59 slots (so there's still some room for DLC characters...whatever other people want)

View attachment 68543

Blue: Starter (32)
Yellow: Unlockable (22)
Red: DLC (5)

Also, many characters have alternates:
Mario: Dr. Mario
Marth: Lucina
Pit: Dark Pit
Bowser Jr.: the Koopalings
Olimar: Alph, Brittany, Charlie, etc.

For the two open slots - Fire Emblem is Azura, Kid Icarus is someone from that series, possibly Medusa, Viridi, or Hades.

Ganondorf gets a new moveset based on Hyrule Warriors, his old moveset goes to Black Shadow. Toon Link's specials are more in-line with Wind Waker. Transformation moves are back. Mario goes back to his Melee Dspecial, with FLUDD as a custom (and he also has a custom for vitamins). Pit gets his Brawl customs back with the new ones as customs.

Newcomers:
Daisy (Mario)
Waluigi (Mario/Wario)
Midna (Zelda)
Ghirahim (Zelda)
K.Rool (DK)
Ridley (Metroid)
Gardevoir (Pokémon)
Azura (Fire Emblem)
Black Shadow (F-ZERO)
Kid Icarus Character
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Ivy (3rd Party)
This roster I feel is relatively standard, but your Zelda roster is absolutely perfect.

You've got the staples - Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf - each with unique movesets.

You've got a character representing all the recurring archetypes - Link's partner (Midna), and Lesser villain (Ghirahim).

You have a character representing every main console game sans Majora's Mask - Ocarina of Time (Sheik), The Wind Waker (Toon Link), Midna (Twilight Princess), and Ghirahim (Skyward Sword).

You even have a Hyrule Warriors rep with Ganondorf. Just perfect.

Last edited:

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
I feel the perfect Zelda helper rep is Tetra, (it sorta counts). We need pirates in this game.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I updated my roster, it's no longer made with the roster maker and instead was made in photoshop.

I forgot about Falcon and Xenoblade so I cut Paper Mario, Dark Samus and Knuckles for them. The whole roster has also been layed out differently so it more closely resembles Smash 4. I also properly added in Corrin, Elma and Captain Fleming.

I guess I might as well just go over it. I added both Dixie Kong and King K Rool from Donkey Kong as I believe they are both deserving to be in and it adds both a villain and a female character something smash still needs, Dixie Kong would be a semi-clone of Diddy in the same vein as Lucas or Wolf. I added both Impa and Tetra from Zelda as they both properly represent the franchise and are once again female characters, In my mind Impa would be a semi-clone of sheik with influence from Zelda along with unique specials. Next is Ridley from Metroid who I don't think really needs an explanation and then Medusa from the Kid Icarus who adds both a female and a villain, I opted to add her over Hades as she is the villain in the first game and also appeared in the anime adaption of the Kid Icarus Uprising with an episode dedicated to her while Hades didn't appear at all.

Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates is a new fighter, I added her over others due to the dragon form which would be a fairly interesting mechanic, I also decided it was best to have female Corrin be the default as male Robin was the default in smash 4. Bandana Dee was added to represent the Kirby series as was Krystal for Star Fox as I believe they would be very unique characters, alongside her I added Wolf who I feel is very much deserving of coming back, especially after Star Fox Zero.

I left an open slot for a possible 7th gen pokemon, I was originally going to add sceptile but I thought it would be more interesting to add someone from the next gen. Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X was also added due to the unique mechanic of switching between guns and blades, she also adds another female character. I then added a bunch of new series reps including Takamaru, Isaac, Chibi Robo, Captain Fleming and Inkling who I think are all deserving of being in Smash.

The only cut is Doctor Mario who I dislike having as he is literally Mario. Both Lucina and Dark Pit return although this time decloned while Roy is also further decloned too. Both Lucina and Dark Pit should gain a few new tilts, aerials and smash attacks with Dark Pit being made into a more combo heavy character with fast, low knockback tilts with his staff which can be followed up with aerials or other moves, as well as throws with less knockback. Dark Pit should have Striking Flight and Impact Orbitars as his default up and down specials although the look of the orbitars should be changed to resemble another from Kid Icarus Uprising. Lucina should also gain new tilts, aerials and/or smash attacks although I'm not quite sure on the specifics.

I also went back and forth on Ryu, part of me says he's important enough in the gaming industry to return while part of me says he'll be a one and done like Snake was. I ultimately opted to have him return to reduce cuts.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
- because SMRPG was more important in Nintendo history than Paper Mario, still the backstory doesnt matter

- oh you are going on different topic right now do you me to start about this? ok fine.
this is MY rule if I made a roster because i find it unfair to give CAPCOM 2 characters and leave SEGA and NAMCO with 1 character, i know Villager doesnt fight but thats a different seires but there is alot of other Mario characters that can fight, Rosalina doesnt fight like the other Mario characters all what i saw from her was spinning, the fans asked asked for Chrom so i give them what they wanted also it dosnt matter if the character was clone or not, its not about popularity and the moveset its about what do you "represent" i want the pokemon choice to be special from the game that appeared in or at least in the movie, its not about the money that seires did get its about what the seires/Company did to Nintendo we got Wario blast and Mario Party games and this is something special to Nintendo, hate it or not Geno does represent something completely different from other Square enix characters he represent more about Nintendo history rather than Square Enix history and you should know that super smash seires is about "Nintendo celebraties" being iconic is not everything.
ok so lets your silly choices like Paper Mario (multiplying the same character is a bad idea unless if its an alt skin), Waluigi (i like him but he is not really special to Nintendo), Azura (being a main character is good but thats not enogh because the character needs to represent something special in the history), Porky (over main protagonist and from different game in the seires like Ninten? No)
- You just further proved my point that you're a hypocrite. One rule for Geno. One for everyone else. You said Medusa has more importance than Hades because she has more appearances than him. By that logic Paper Mario is more important than your precious Geno because he's had 5 appearances in games compared to Geno having 2. Even then Paper Mario is still more important than Geno because he's Mario.

- Doesn't change that it's a silly fan rule that got torn apart by Ryu. Denying a character like Ryu a role in Smash because another Capcom character is there comes across as downright stupid. It looks worse when you add Bomberman and Geno. Take out an icon for two relics from companies who have far more iconic characters (Snake and Black Mage)? No thanks.

- Making Paper Mario an alt is a huge waste of potential (just like with Dark Pit). Mario in Smash doesn't use a hammer. Paper Mario's attacks come from using Hammers and Jumping. There's even his partners he could call on and transforming into various Paper crafts like Paper Planes and Rolling up into a Tube.

- Characters don't need to be "special to Nintendo", Goes doubly so considering how you define it. Even then Waluigi represents the Mario spin-offs which are huge with Nintendo whilst Azura is the first dedicated Lance user from Fire Emblem. She therefore represents a whole Weapon class which has always been in Fire Emblem whilst adding her own flair to it.

- Look at Ninten's design. It's far too similar to Ness' to the point where even an alt still wouldn't look very different. Dark Pit is at least a completely different colour to Pit. Black directly contrasts White. We don't need to rep every Mother game either. We've got the main protagonists that Porky faces off against. It's OK to add him. Plus we've got the basic PSI users from the Mother series. Let's have something a little different from the series. Porky is that something different. He's also a villain to boot which boosts him up because of the lack of villains currently in Smash.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
- You just further proved my point that you're a hypocrite. One rule for Geno. One for everyone else. You said Medusa has more importance than Hades because she has more appearances than him. By that logic Paper Mario is more important than your precious Geno because he's had 5 appearances in games compared to Geno having 2. Even then Paper Mario is still more important than Geno because he's Mario.

- Doesn't change that it's a silly fan rule that got torn apart by Ryu. Denying a character like Ryu a role in Smash because another Capcom character is there comes across as downright stupid. It looks worse when you add Bomberman and Geno. Take out an icon for two relics from companies who have far more iconic characters (Snake and Black Mage)? No thanks.

- Making Paper Mario an alt is a huge waste of potential (just like with Dark Pit). Mario in Smash doesn't use a hammer. Paper Mario's attacks come from using Hammers and Jumping. There's even his partners he could call on and transforming into various Paper crafts like Paper Planes and Rolling up into a Tube.

- Characters don't need to be "special to Nintendo", Goes doubly so considering how you define it. Even then Waluigi represents the Mario spin-offs which are huge with Nintendo whilst Azura is the first dedicated Lance user from Fire Emblem. She therefore represents a whole Weapon class which has always been in Fire Emblem whilst adding her own flair to it.

- Look at Ninten's design. It's far too similar to Ness' to the point where even an alt still wouldn't look very different. Dark Pit is at least a completely different colour to Pit. Black directly contrasts White. We don't need to rep every Mother game either. We've got the main protagonists that Porky faces off against. It's OK to add him. Plus we've got the basic PSI users from the Mother series. Let's have something a little different from the series. Porky is that something different. He's also a villain to boot which boosts him up because of the lack of villains currently in Smash.
- Paper Mario is Mario he is of course the most important Nintendo character but multiplying the same character is a bad idea. also comparing Paper Mario to Geno wont work because one of them is not a nintendo character and represent something completely different from Paper Mario. we can compare Hades to Medusa because they share alot of similar rules in the game but Medusa has been a villain more than 1 time in the Kid Icarus seires wich is why i think Medusa deserve it more.
- its MY rule not yours also being iconic is not everything. if i added Ryu then i should add Alex Kidd and Dig Dug as well, i will do this evently after we get enogh 3rd parties from huge companies (after Rareware, Ubisoft, Square Enix, Konami gets a character)
- in that case Paper Mario better not be in smash because we already have Mario or just accept alt skin, still multiplying the same character is a bad idea. Dark Pit is different because he is not Pit he deserve his own slot.
- in MY roster it does need to, fine Waluigi represent Mario tennis still a better choice than Petey Piranha and Paper Mario, i have no idea about fire emblem seires so is it kind of character that represent something very important in Fire emblem history as Ike who represent the first 3D fire emblem game or Robin who represent the most sold and successful Fire Emblem game or at least being the main character of the game?
- the design doesnt matter as long as the characters are not the same person and we do need Ninten because he represent the first game in the seires just like Marth and still the moveset doesnt matter.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
- Paper Mario is Mario he is of course the most important Nintendo character but multiplying the same character is a bad idea. also comparing Paper Mario to Geno wont work because one of them is not a nintendo character and represent something completely different from Paper Mario. we can compare Hades to Medusa because they share alot of similar rules in the game but Medusa has been a villain more than 1 time in the Kid Icarus seires wich is why i think Medusa deserve it more.
- its MY rule not yours also being iconic is not everything. if i added Ryu then i should add Alex Kidd and Dig Dug as well, i will do this evently after we get enogh 3rd parties from huge companies (after Rareware, Ubisoft, Square Enix, Konami gets a character)
- in that case Paper Mario better not be in smash because we already have Mario or just accept alt skin, still multiplying the same character is a bad idea. Dark Pit is different because he is not Pit he deserve his own slot.
- in MY roster it does need to, fine Waluigi represent Mario tennis still a better choice than Petey Piranha and Paper Mario, i have no idea about fire emblem seires so is it kind of character that represent something very important in Fire emblem history as Ike who represent the first 3D fire emblem game or Robin who represent the most sold and successful Fire Emblem game or at least being the main character of the game?
- the design doesnt matter as long as the characters are not the same person and we do need Ninten because he represent the first game in the seires just like Marth and still the moveset doesnt matter.
- And yet you persist with comparing Paper Mario with Geno.:rolleyes: Having variations of the same character isn't a bad idea as long as they are able to differentiate themselves. Paper Mario has a very distinct style to Mario and he fights almost completely differently.

- I don't give a flying **** if it's your rule or not. It's still an asinine rule. You're also implying Alex kidd and Dig Dug are icons like Ryu. They aren't. Rare won't ever get a character in Smash as they're owned by Microsoft. The closest we'll ever get is with DK characters but that's because DK = Nintendo.

- I don't see how Petey Piranha factors into this. You're just grasping for straws to prove your point. Azura is one of the leads of Fire Emblem Fates alongside Corrin. Lances are a major component to battles in Fire Emblem as a whole just like Swords, Axes and Magic. I'm thinking you didn't read anything I said about Azura when I posted my roster. Ike was chosen because Sakurai wanted a heavy sword user. Not because he's from the first 3d Fire Emblem game. You also cut Robin from your roster yet you say he's really important to Fire Emblem.

- The design very much does matter. Ninten looks almost the EXACT SAME as Ness. Not every game needs to be represented. We have 2 PSI users already. Ninten would add very little to the roster in comparison to Porky who would add so much more with his gadgets and quirkiness. Being the first protagonist has little to do with it if Ness got in before Ninten. If there had to be a rep from Mother 1 it'd be Giegue because of his antagonist role in two games.

I'm done with this. You haven't made a decent counterargument at all. Instead you've grasped at straws, plugged your ears and contradicted yourself numerous times.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'd have
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4mii::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinf::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villagerf::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:return, declone :4darkpit::4lucina: and add the following
:popo::ivysaur::snake::squirtle::wolf: as veterans
which means 10 characters left.
Ridley: Popular, relevant, appears in almost every game so recency doesn't apply, and my personal favourite Nintendo villain
K.Rool: Pretty much the same as Ridley
Anna: Because Based RNG Goddess is best waifu, she has lots of different weapons to use which Smash doesn't represent
Takamaru: Classic character with fun projectiles, I don't see any problem
Mach Rider: Another classic, but this one rides a motorcycle. Can't really say that's been done before. That, and muh Kamen Rider reference
Bandana Dee: Bandana Dee keeps appearing in the Kirby franchise and oddly enough, has more recent appearances than Meta Knight and Dedede. His moves from the Spear ability translate so well in Smash aswell
Ray MKIII: A projectile based character who, let's be honest, looks cool as ****. I do have difficulty with thinking of what size he should be though
Isaac: Main protagonist of pretty succesful RPG games, the fact no two fanmade movesets are the same says enough.
Dixie Kong: Why not? People argue whether or not it should be K.Rool or Dixie, but I would rather have both
Hector: One of the more popular Lords in FE, and his weapon of choice: A giant '**** off' axe. What's not too love?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
This roster I feel is relatively standard, but your Zelda roster is absolutely perfect.

You've got the staples - Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf - each with unique movesets.

You've got a character representing all the recurring archetypes - Link's partner (Midna), and Lesser villain (Ghirahim).

You have a character representing every main console game sans Majora's Mask - Ocarina of Time (Sheik), The Wind Waker (Toon Link), Midna (Twilight Princess), and Ghirahim (Skyward Sword).

You even have a Hyrule Warriors rep with Ganondorf. Just perfect.
Thanks. I guess it's sort of obvious which franchise is my favorite...

I was considering a masked Link, but I thought that three Links is overkill (Windwaker's my least favorite, so I was even considering the second overkill). I guess Tingle would be another good one for those 5 DLC slots I left open, but I hate him too.

Really, I'd like to see the Zelda series get some love in the costume department.
Just think of some of the possibilities:

Bonus points if Link/Ganon's weapons changed with the costume too - Not the hitboxes, but keep the basic shape. Like give FD Link a shortened Helix sword and a Mirror shield, or give the Trainee costume the basic gear from HW. I'd love that.

And I kinda want Link to also have a Zora reskin with a bonefish Sword and Shield. Because Zora Link is awesome.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
- And yet you persist with comparing Paper Mario with Geno.:rolleyes: Having variations of the same character isn't a bad idea as long as they are able to differentiate themselves. Paper Mario has a very distinct style to Mario and he fights almost completely differently.

- I don't give a flying **** if it's your rule or not. It's still an asinine rule. You're also implying Alex kidd and Dig Dug are icons like Ryu. They aren't. Rare won't ever get a character in Smash as they're owned by Microsoft. The closest we'll ever get is with DK characters but that's because DK = Nintendo.

- I don't see how Petey Piranha factors into this. You're just grasping for straws to prove your point. Azura is one of the leads of Fire Emblem Fates alongside Corrin. Lances are a major component to battles in Fire Emblem as a whole just like Swords, Axes and Magic. I'm thinking you didn't read anything I said about Azura when I posted my roster. Ike was chosen because Sakurai wanted a heavy sword user. Not because he's from the first 3d Fire Emblem game. You also cut Robin from your roster yet you say he's really important to Fire Emblem.

- The design very much does matter. Ninten looks almost the EXACT SAME as Ness. Not every game needs to be represented. We have 2 PSI users already. Ninten would add very little to the roster in comparison to Porky who would add so much more with his gadgets and quirkiness. Being the first protagonist has little to do with it if Ness got in before Ninten. If there had to be a rep from Mother 1 it'd be Giegue because of his antagonist role in two games.

I'm done with this. You haven't made a decent counterargument at all. Instead you've grasped at straws, plugged your ears and contradicted yourself numerous times.
- i dont care about how would he fight, why would we have mario joining the battle 3 times instead of having original character? i dont get it why people even wants this, whats the point of having mario and link again and multiply them? nothing but just waste of slot instead of having other great characters that are clearly original, if you want paper mario and young link in smash, you have them already! they are :4link::4mario:, is the design the main problem that you have with them? seriously? they are the same people, Asking for the same character again that are already in smash to multiply them is worse than asking for random pokemons I really don't understand why people wants them in, alt skin would be the best choice.
- this is my roster not yours i choice whatever i want, and again being iconic is not everything, and saying Rareware will never get a character is not a fact unless if it was confirmed.
- oh from fire emblem fates then it should in smash 5 roster but not 4, i did cut Robin to replace it with Chrom because this is what fans wanted for the next fire emblem rep they are both important but a fan choice winner goes to Chrom.
- no it doesnt also there is something called pallet swap in smash, and again the moveset doesnt matter, the first game always needs to represent because this is where the seires did birth and started and was the main reason why the other games on the seires has existed putting Ness and Lucas without Ninten is like putting Roy and Ike without Marth, why would we even have the main villain from MOTHER 1 before having the main character from that game? it doesnt make any sense to me, its like putting King Boo before Luigi.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Don't we technically already have that?
A grey fail version, but yes. But I shouldn't complain since we've needed that since Melee and we finally got it.

Hyrule Warriors showed Smash up in every possible way with regards to the Zelda series, so I'm not surprised they have a beautiful FD costume. Theirs even looks better than the one from Majora's Mask.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If anyone has critisicm for my choices, please give me criticism
Do mine too

Yours is pretty good though, I like it quite a bit, I only have 2 problems being Squirtle and Ivysaur. I think it'll be too late for them if they don't make it as Sm4sh DLC, and it'd be better to add a new pokemon. The second is how many FE characters there are, 7 is a little bit overboard.

There's also a distinct lack of a Zelda newcomer, just throwing that out there

Last edited:
If anyone has critisicm for my choices, please give me criticism
Your roster is pretty good, only criticism I have is the amount of Fire Emblem characters, 7 characters is a bit too many imo.

EDIT: Especially when it has more characters than Zelda (5) and as many as Mario (7).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
- i dont care about how would he fight, why would we have mario joining the battle 3 times instead of having original character? i dont get it why people even wants this, whats the point of having mario and link again and multiply them? nothing but just waste of slot instead of having other great characters that are clearly original, if you want paper mario and young link in smash, you have them already! they are :4link::4mario:, is the design the main problem that you have with them? seriously? they are the same people, Asking for the same character again that are already in smash to multiply them is worse than asking for random pokemons I really don't understand why people wants them in, alt skin would be the best choice.
- this is my roster not yours i choice whatever i want, and again being iconic is not everything, and saying Rareware will never get a character is not a fact unless if it was confirmed.
- oh from fire emblem fates then it should in smash 5 roster but not 4, i did cut Robin to replace it with Chrom because this is what fans wanted for the next fire emblem rep they are both important but a fan choice winner goes to Chrom.
- no it doesnt also there is something called pallet swap in smash, and again the moveset doesnt matter, the first game always needs to represent because this is where the seires did birth and started and was the main reason why the other games on the seires has existed putting Ness and Lucas without Ninten is like putting Roy and Ike without Marth, why would we even have the main villain from MOTHER 1 before having the main character from that game? it doesnt make any sense to me, its like putting King Boo before Luigi.
Thought I said I was done with this.
- Young Link is from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. The current Link's are from Twilight Princess :4link: and Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass:4tlink:. Mario in Smash doesn't incorporate anything to do with Paper Mario. Try again.

- It's a basic fact that Rare are owned by Microsoft. Microsoft own Xbox. Why would Nintendo put a character in the game that's owned by the direct competition?

- The title of the thread includes UPCOMING SMASH GAME genius. Even then :roymelee: got in Melee months before his game came out and Fates is already out in Japan. Uniqueness > Popularity. That's how Robin got in and people love him. You're upsetting a large fanbase and getting rid of a very unique moveset by removing him for a character that would be the same as a decloned version of another character you removed:4lucina:.

- Pallet swaps DON'T CHANGE THAT THE MAIN DESIGN LOOKS PRACTICALLY IDENTICAL RIGHT DOWN TO THE COLOURS. Did you not click on the links I embedded when bringing up that they look similar? Guess what? Ness and Lucas are in without Ninten. Your argument is dead on that alone. Why have the main villain from Mother 1? He's a Villain and he's also the main villain of Earthbound. Again, uniqueness got Robin in over Chrom. Uniqueness would get Porky and Giegue in over Ninten.

Seriously. Just stop. My brain hurts every time I read everything you say.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
no cuts. lucina gets her skills and Dark Pit gets Pandora Claws as his main weapon
I don't know much about Lucina's skills, but Dark Pit using Pandora Claws actually has potential. I like it.

(Also I think you have to slots left, unless you're counting each Mii type)

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot:

I decided to post here again, as my roster has changed.

Realistic (65)

Bias (68)

Substitutes are placeholders for 7th Gen Pokemon (next to other Pokemon), new FE protagonist (next to other FE characters), Rhythm Heaven character (between Inkling and Miis) and Random button (at the end).

Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit are now alts of Mario, Marth and Pit rather than separate characters.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Thought I said I was done with this.
- Young Link is from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. The current Link's are from Twilight Princess :4link: and Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass:4tlink:. Mario in Smash doesn't incorporate anything to do with Paper Mario. Try again.

- It's a basic fact that Rare are owned by Microsoft. Microsoft own Xbox. Why would Nintendo put a character in the game that's owned by the direct competition?

- The title of the thread includes UPCOMING SMASH GAME genius. Even then :roymelee: got in Melee months before his game came out and Fates is already out in Japan. Uniqueness > Popularity. That's how Robin got in and people love him. You're upsetting a large fanbase and getting rid of a very unique moveset by removing him for a character that would be the same as a decloned version of another character you removed:4lucina:.

- Pallet swaps DON'T CHANGE THAT THE MAIN DESIGN LOOKS PRACTICALLY IDENTICAL RIGHT DOWN TO THE COLOURS. Did you not click on the links I embedded when bringing up that they look similar? Guess what? Ness and Lucas are in without Ninten. Your argument is dead on that alone. Why have the main villain from Mother 1? He's a Villain and he's also the main villain of Earthbound. Again, uniqueness got Robin in over Chrom. Uniqueness would get Porky and Giegue in over Ninten.

Seriously. Just stop. My brain hurts every time I read everything you say.
You begged me to stop so I am going to stop right now :rolleyes:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Sorry, I forgot:
Looks like a solid roster to me! The new FE Lord would obviously be Corrin, though I'd say Azura has a good shot too because of how unique she is and is still important to the storyline, this wouldn't be the first time a main character was passed over in FE representation (Chrom).

I'd be perfectly happy with both your unbiased and biased rosters. Even Gengar looks fun to play and got into Pokken. (So did Charizard! SQUEEEE). A ghost type could bring something unique but then you have people crying "muh genwun".

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And now, the moment you all been waiting for. Super Smash Bros. Universe's roster is now in session with a main roster of 75 characters. New alts had been added (including Daisy, Dry Bowser, Ms. Pac-Man, and Ninten) in addition to 11 DLC fighters. Here are the specifics of each character.

Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina & Luma
Dr. Mario
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Mr. Game & Watch
Little Mac
Link
Zelda
Shiek
Toon Link
Ganondorf
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Robin
Duck Hunt
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Charizard
Lucario
Greninja
Ness
Captain Falcon
Villager
Olimar & Pikmin
Shulk
Wii Fit Trainer
R.O.B.
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Sonic
Mii Fighters (Gunner, Swordsman, & Brawler)

Captain Toad
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Impa
Ridley
Azura
Bandanna Dee
New Pokemon (Most likely 7th Generation)
Isabelle
Alph & Pikmin
Elma
Savvy Stylist
Inkling
Rhythm Girl
Yuuri Kozukata
Takamaru
Mini Kangaroo
Rayman
Black Mage

Roy
Wolf
Lucas
Mewtwo

Isaac
Sami
Dark Pit
Lucina
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu
Wonder Red
Waluigi
Midna
Shantae
Magolor

I think I've done a solid job on the most part of the main rosters. While the DLC is pretty much hit-or-miss due to having to scrape at the bottom of the barrel. But don't you worry, cut veterans like Lucina and Dark Pit will be getting some Roy level revamps with their playstyles (Thanks for the suggestion @ dangeraaron10 dangeraaron10 ).

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Your newcomer choices for the "unbiased" roster are all good. For returning veterans I prefer Ivysaur returning over Pichu.
Thanks! Oh? I'm sure that I put Ivysaur too here.... All the Smash Characters returns in my roster (Young Link doesn't count because he was remplaced).

Not too bad. Out of curiosity, which do you prefer for a DK newcomer, Dixie or Cranky? You left that one open ended on your roster.
Thanks! Dixie has more fans wanting her.... But personally I prefer Cranky. But I'm limited with the game's rules... So... I'm unsure xD

Last edited:
Thanks! Oh? I'm sure that I put Ivysaur too here.... All the Smash Characters returns in my roster (Young Link doesn't count because he has remplaced)
*checks your roster again*
No, Ivysaur isn't in your roster. But since he was intended to be in your roster, I don't have any complaints.

Troykv

Smash Master
*checks your roster again*
No, Ivysaur isn't in your roster. But since he was intended to be in your roster, I don't have any complaints.
Thanks, now the Roster is fixed

Roster (Relative realistic one)

All the Characters from Smash 4 (52 + Miis = 53)

Returning Characters:

Wolf (54)
Snake (55)
Pichu (56)
Ice Climbers (57)
Squirtle (58)

EDIT: I forgot agree Ivysaur for some reason hahahaha xD I will put here as an additional character (68) and throw away one of my biased characters.

Newcomers:

King K. Rool (59)

The king's finest hour is finally here. Like Snake, a heavy weight character that has a trap/proyectil style.

Dixie (or Cranky) Kong: (60)

Everyone wants more DK Characters? TAKE ANOTHER XD

FE Character (61)

Obligatory rep. Most probably the Main Character specially if isn't another swordsman.

Bandana Dee (62)

A rising star. And he is cute :3

Pokémon Character (63)

Obligatory Rep

Captain Toad (64)

Basically a Bandana Dee from the Mario Series.

Ridley (65)

He... Is... Freaking RIDLEY! (We will need some creative liberties)

Isaac (66)

Would be a cool adition with earth Magic, and has many fans still waiting.

Inkling (67)

A cool idea from a cool game.

Unsure characters/Honorable Mentions: Waluigi, Paper Mario, Chibi Robo, etc.

Biased version:

Pretty much like the realistic one... With 2 extra characters.

Adeleine (69)

A Summoner Mage-like character with fun potential. Also one of my most wanted characters.

Micaiah (70)

My absolute most wanted character ever. A strategical glass cannon with interesting tools with her magic books and staffs. I love Micaiah.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Strange, no feedback for the roster at all? I know that a certain someone would be happy that I at least made Waluigi a DLC character. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom