• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
I think if I were in charge, I would retain a lot of Sakurai's mentality and also make sure the fans are happy with the character choices:

Smash 5 Wishlist Roster.png

Cuts:
:4lucina:: I felt that Lucina could easily be replaced with someone from Fire Emblem If. There's also the fact that she plays almost exactly the same as Marth and she also doesn't have too much moveset potential, unlike :4darkpit:.

Revamps:
:4wario2:: Now more closely resembles Wario Land
:4ganondorf:: Strays further away from :4falcon:. Uses his sword in some moves.
:4tlink:: Has moveset changes to reflect Wind Waker.
:4darkpit:: No longer a clone. Dark Pit uses his staff and other weapons from Uprising in his moveset.

Newcomers:
Waluigi: Represents the Mario spinoffs. Uses moves from the different games he's been in (Tennis, Party, etc.).

Captain Toad: Is long overdue. With Captain Toad, Peach's moveset doesn't need to be changed. Captain Toad's moveset will be based on Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

King K. Rool: Smash Bros. needs more DK reps and more villains, so this is the perfect answer. His moveset would be based on the original DK trilogy, including cannonballs and the Rocket Pack from DKC2 and DKC3 respectively.

Impa: The only reoccurring Zelda character other than Ganon. I know people may want Ganon more, but Impa has appeared in many recent Zelda games, and Beast Ganon is already a final smash. Moveset will be based on her appearance in Hyrule Warriors.

Mother Brain: If Ridley's too big, why not Mother Brain? As the main villain of many Metroid games, Mother Brain would be perfect as a villain in Smash. Moveset example is in the spoiler below.

FE rep: Most likely will be from Fire Emblem If. Might be Kamui or Aqua (I think that's her name).

Bandanna Dee: If Fire Emblem gets 4 reps, why can't Kirby? Bandanna Dee is probably the most popular Kirby character other than the 3 already in, so he is the perfect choice. He uses his spear for many of his moves.

Slippy: This is my joke character. Will NOT be a Fox clone. Moveset in the spoiler below. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Pokemon Rep: Most likely will be from Gen 7.

Isabelle: A popular character from a popular series. Not sure what her moveset would be, but it may pull things from Villager's moveset and from New Leaf.

Prince Sable: For a new retro rep, I wanted someone that was from the Gameboy. I picked Sable because of his appearance as an assist in Smash 4. He would transform between human, frog, and snake in his moveset.

Chibi-Robo: His recent relevancy has given him a boost, He's even getting his own amiibo! His moveset would be similar to Super Smash Flash 2, and will pull things from the new Chibi-Robo game.

Inkling: This is an obvious choice. Splatoon has done very well, and the moveset potential is endless. The Inkling could use many of its weapons from the games and could turn into a squid.

Black Mage: Perfect rep to represent Square Enix. Could use the many magic attacks from the orthogonal Final Fantasy.

Rayman: If he can get a trophy in Smash 4, he deserves to be playable in the next Smash. Could pull his moveset from the many games he has starred in.

By professerfandango on Deviantart

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
If I made the roster.png

Again, something I tried. ((An Ai costume would really just be the Pink Villager with Pigtails now that I think about it... Then again I always thought they could possibly be the same)) But anyways, I have 3 "?" boxes simply because, well: I really dunno who to pick but I decided to give a little list of possibilities and probably have you all vote on it. ((I'd only include 1 more Mario represenitive though.))

• Waluigi
  • Toad and Toadette ((Some sort of tag-team based character))
  • Ridley ((I said maybe somebody can change my mind and make him work, considering I have also seen characters with a super mushroom match his size in the Wii U stage (like Bowser)
  • Lip
  • Isabelle
  • Urban Champion [I've been interested in Famicom Fighters too much]
...Also I am somewhat considering Starlow because of being a surprise character and overrall I think I could make an odd yet unique moveset.

...I'll let you all decide.

Burruni

Smash Hero
View attachment 54789
Again, something I tried. ((An Ai costume would really just be the Pink Villager with Pigtails now that I think about it... Then again I always thought they could possibly be the same)) But anyways, I have 3 "?" boxes simply because, well: I really dunno who to pick but I decided to give a little list of possibilities and probably have you all vote on it. ((I'd only include 1 more Mario represenitive though.))

• Waluigi
  • Ridley ((I said maybe somebody can change my mind and make him work, considering I have also seen characters with a super mushroom match his size in the Wii U stage (like Bowser)
  • Lip
  • Isabelle
...Also I am somewhat considering Starlow because of being a surprise character and overrall I think I could make an odd yet unique moveset.

Since you're up in the air for characters, I'm gonna toss out some ideas.
King K. Rool is a long-running villain with more than enough demand and potential as a fighter. Bandana Dee would work fine if you moved Captain Falcon to the bottom row next to Olimar, and that last slot could go to Ganon himself as the far more prominent Zelda antagonist with a massive trident and arsenal for magic.

View attachment 54789

• Waluigi
  • Lip
  • Isabelle

That's much better and more logical than your original roster. As for Starlow I don't really think she has moveset potential (I could be wrong), plus there are more deserving Mario characters. And if you're taking suggestions:

- King K. Rool: see Burruni's post
- Bandana Dee: see Burruni's post
- Wolf: Popular veteran and likely DLC character
- Dry Bowser alt costume: has more demand than any other potential alt costume, and since you already have alts for Mario, Luigi and Peach in you roster, Bowser deserves one too

EDIT: And I don't think Piplup is a good choice for new Pokemon rep, as he's not really relevant anymore, plus we already have both Gen IV and Water type Pokemon, but it's your decision.

Last edited:

LemmyKoopa

Smash Rookie
View attachment 54789

• Waluigi
  • Lip
  • Isabelle

I would remove Sandman, Starfy, Slime, and Piplup.

Sandman would just be like Little Mac.
Starfy is really only fitting as an Assist Trophy.
Slime, well, you could pick a lot cooler third parties.
I would replace Piplup with maybe Ivysaur...

As for newcomers:
Wonder-Red? Dixie Kong? Banjo-Kazooie? Young Link? Rayman?

Burruni

Smash Hero
I would remove Sandman, Starfy, Slime, and Piplup.

Sandman would just be like Little Mac.
Starfy is really only fitting as an Assist Trophy.
Slime, well, you could pick a lot cooler third parties.
I would replace Piplup with maybe Ivysaur...

As for newcomers:
Wonder-Red? Dixie Kong? Banjo-Kazooie? Young Link? Rayman?
I argue against Starfy "only being fitting as an Assist Trophy."
His abilities in his home games are that of a slightly more limited :4kirby:. Most comparable to Shantae. Having a few situational transformations, but most abilities being upgrades on a base concept (spinning) or small bits of magic.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
The ones along the bottom are costumes.

Green is newcomer, red is unlockable, yellow is returning cut veteran.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Yeah, Piplup is really someone I chose due to being my favorite and really someone I wanted to replace Pichu with in Brawl... So I guess he's a "creator appeal" type in a way I guess. ((And I just think his moveset would be fun to mess around with... And I just get amused seeing a small baby-like critter beat the living heck out of characters like Ganondorf))

Banjo Kazooie I wouldn't say no but Microsoft sorta bought them out and killed them years ago already, Along with Conker as well which does sadden me.

Rayman is a very possible one seeing how he is requested and all, plus his own trophy in the actual game helps.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You know, now that I think about it, it could come down to something like this

I honestly cannot decide on who to cut, so if I were to cut someone, Dark Pit and Doc would be my choices

Anyway all from WiiU/3DS including the two DLC as of now returns. Wolf and Ice Climbers return after missing a game (assume they dont' become DLC later)

Newcomers

Toad/Captain Toad
Dixie Kong
King K Rool
Impa
Ridley
New Pokemon (Gen VII or VIII)
Takamaru
Medusa
New Fire Emblem character (possible from IF)
Alph (promoted from alt attire)
Isaac
Chibi-Robo
Dillon
Marshall
At least 3 NEW IP
Inklings

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Ok. New Roster
:4mario:(:4luigi:):4bowser::4peach::rosalina:(:4bowserjr:)
:4dk::4diddy::substitute:(:substitute:):4yoshi::substitute:
:4link::4zelda:/:4sheik::substitute:(:4ganondorf:):4tlink::4samus::4zss:(:substitute:)
:4pit::4palutena:(:4darkpit:):substitute:(:4marth:):4myfriends:(:4feroy:):4robinm::substitute:
:4kirby:(:4metaknight:):4dedede::substitute::4littlemac:
:fox:(:falco:)(:wolf:):substitute:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4lucario:(:4mewtwo:)(:4jigglypuff:)
:4ness::4lucas:(:4falcon:)(:substitute:)(:4gaw:):popo:(:substitute:):4duckhunt:
:4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk:(:substitute:):substitute:(:substitute:)
:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::substitute::?:
Roster
Smash 6 Roster V.5.png

Alt's
Smash 6 Ait's Roster.png

Cuts
:4drmario::4rob::4lucina::4mii:And :4ryu:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reserving this post, where are you guys getting the icons and whatever program are you using to "arrange" them nicely? I swear i saw it around here but i forgot it.

D

Deleted member

Thanks Zero Soul. I've been working on my roster, having fun and whipping up a couple of new icons but then i realize it's breaking almost all the rules OP set forth. Even -trying- not to isn't helping, neither the fact that there are recent games and upcoming games, yadda yadda yadda..

Last edited by a moderator:

RetroGameNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Levelol10
My realistic roster would probably look something like this.

Blue = Unlocked
Red = Locked
Green = Alt. Costume
Also sorry about that weird overlapping glitch with CommanderVideo and Shovel Knight.

But if we're going all out here, then

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
My idea would be something like this.

Red=unlockable
Green=Alts

First off,:wolf:,:popo:,&:snake:have come back from Brawl.
:4lucina:&:4drmario:are still clones(Because I don't have a problem with clones.)
:4ganondorf:retains his current moveset.(Because he doesn't NEED a new moveset.)
:4miisword:&:4miigun:are gone because I don't think they're very good,and I always thought there should've been one singular Mii.
The only full character that's gone is:4darkpit:,because nobody really likes him,and he's not necessary to the roster in the slightest.Alt instead(what he should've always been.)

And the newcomers.
Waluigi,King K. Rool,Ridley,Inkling,and Banjo-Kazooie are no-brainers for Smash.
Waddle Dee is really popular,and he seems like a fine candidate for Smash.
Chibi-Robo isn't my first choice,but I wouldn't mid seeing him join the game of Smash.
Takamaru doesn't fall close to my wanted list,but I needed somebody to fill space,so yeah.That and popularity.
Tails because Sega's just as valuable as Capcom,right?Pac-Man is alone because he's a full package of Namco greatness.
But if I went crazy with bias,then only one slot would be different.
Complaints on a"wasted slot"go below.
Not like Smash 4 didn't break rules.

Red=unlockable
Green=Alts

:4lucina:&:4drmario:are still clones(Because I don't have a problem with clones.)
:4ganondorf:retains his current moveset.(Because he doesn't NEED a new moveset.)
:4miisword:&:4miigun:are gone because I don't think they're very good,and I always thought there should've been one singular Mii.
The only full character that's gone is:4darkpit:,because nobody really likes him,and he's not necessary to the roster in the slightest.Alt instead(what he should've always been.)

And the newcomers.
Waluigi,King K. Rool,Ridley,Inkling,and Banjo-Kazooie are no-brainers for Smash.
Chibi-Robo isn't my first choice,but I wouldn't mid seeing him join the game of Smash.
Takamaru doesn't fall close to my wanted list,but I needed somebody to fill space,so yeah.That and popularity.
Tails because Sega's just as valuable as Capcom,right?Pac-Man is alone because he's a full package of Namco greatness.
I don't see any differences between your normal roster and bias roster... the last slot is still random character.

:troll:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724

Red=unlockable
Green=Alts

And the newcomers.
Oh. you got me

I decided to post here again, as my roster has changed.

Realistic (65)

Bias (68)

Substitutes are placeholders for 7th Gen Pokemon (next to other Pokemon), new FE protagonist (next to other FE characters), Rhythm Heaven character (between Inkling and Miis) and Random button (at the end).

Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit are now alts of Mario, Marth and Pit rather than separate characters.

Last edited:

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
EDIT: I've used the Smash Roster maker thing & made this.

I've decided to put some of the semi-clones to the left which was inspired by Melee & the retro characters on the right because why not? I put 2 randoms on each side because I couldn't think of another character & it would be weird having only one on one side. I also put placeholder characters for both Pokemon & Fire Emblem. The FE character would probably be Kamui or Aqua (main char & blue hair girl) from Fates, though I'd much rather have Aqua because she could be much more unique imo. As for the Pokemon character, It would either be a 7th gen mon, Ivysaur or Squirtle, or some other popular Pokemon like Sceptile. This roster is for a console only release due to the inclusion of the ICs.

Blue - veteran starter
Red - veteran unlockable
Green - newcomer starter
Yellow - newcomer unlockable

I'm going to give a reason as to why I chose the newcomers

King K. Rool - His popularity, potential & everything he's got going for him.
Bandana Dee - I'm part of the Bandana Brigade.
Rundas - If Ridley is too big, then why not Rundas. (I'd be fine with someone else like Sylux though, just as long as there's a Metroid rep)
Pico - An F-Zero rep is long overdue. While I think Goroh & Black Shadow are great choices, I'm leaning more towards Pico.
Isaac & Takamaru - Popularity from fans
Inkling - Splatoon's obvious success is obvious
Chibi-Robo - Popularity & I think he could be a very unique character.
Bomberman - One of the most requested third-party characters, and its no surprise. He would fit very well in Smash. (I'm sorry if the up to 5 3rd party rule is still in effect after the reveal of Ryu)

I also cut a few characters, here's my reasoning. (though its really just a rant)

:4darkpit: & :4drmario: - Homage alts.
:4jigglypuff: - I hate Jigglypuff. I hate her in Pokemon, I hate how she's still in Smash Bros. & I know I'm going to get a ton of hate for saying this. I would rant on more but, moving on.
:4lucina:- Would you rather play as an aggro Luigified Marth with t3h ph1r3 & having a sweetspot on the hilt or have a Marth impostor with no tippers? Yeah, I thought so. I'm unsure if she should be a Marth alt though, maybe as long as she only takes up like 1 or 2 of Marth's alts.

Last edited:

RetroGameNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Levelol10
I decided to post here again, as my roster has changed.

Realistic (64)

Bias (68)

Substitutes are placeholders for 7th Gen Pokemon (next to other Pokemon), new FE protagonist (next to other FE characters) and Random button (at the end).

Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit are now alts of Mario, Marth and Pit rather than separate characters.
Hm... I should really make a dojo-style roster.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

This is by no means a perfect roster, but I think that it's fair for the most part.

Only cuts from Smash 4: :4lucina::4pacman:

Sorry Lucina, I like you as a character a lot but... We really only need one Awakening cat and Robin is a lot more unique (And awesome) than you.

And also Pac-Man... I never wanted you. Pls go

23 Newcomers!

[collapse=Wart]
First party Mario villain with a bunch of potential and is generally underused. I see Wart undergoing a Koopaling-like revival soon. Out of the spotlight for years and years, and then suddenly back. I wouldn't be shocked if it happens.

Bubbles, vegetables, frogginess, trippiness.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Paper Mario]
the character with the most potential out of all of them, by far. Paper Airplanes, Hammers, partners, (Sigh) Stickers... Dude has got so much frigging potential it's ridiculous.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Dixie]
DKC TF made me love Dixie. Hair based combat, etc. Plus she's just so damned cute. A perfect fit.

[/collapse]

[collapse=K Rool]
See literally all arguments for K Rool. there's no reason at all for him to be omitted.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Masked Link]
I love me some Transformable characters like Pokemon Trainer. This character would be the epitome of a Majora's Mask character, which is one of the most popular games. It's also a totally kind of out-there character. Four forms- Young Link (Like Melee but w/o bombs since down B is transform), Deku, Zora, Goron. Why hasn't this happened?

[/collapse]

[collapse=Impa]
The last truly absent main Zelda character. She can/should be in the game, and not at all like Sheik. I like the Hyrule Warriors design with the Naginata and that
[/collapse]

[collapse=Rundas]
I know it isn't Ridley and that Rundas isn't a very well known character, but he's just so interesting. Also, ice is criminally underused in Smash Bros.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Kamui]
A pseudo replacement for Lucina, but in no way a clone. The new Avatar! Complete with *spoiler* powers!

[/collapse]

[collapse=Sami]
I'm envisioning Sami being a semi-clone of Snake, since we probably won't see him back again. This way the moveset is still used for the fans of the moves but, it's a Nintendo IP. And Advance Wars could do with some representation.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Bandana Dee]
Because why not? I'm not personally much a fan but I do feel like Waddle/Bandana Dee is the logical next/last Kirby character before moving towards of one-offs like Adeleine and Magolor (Though I could get behind the latter).

[/collapse]

[collapse=May]
Like I said, I <3 transforming characters like Pokemon Trainer. So in addition to Charizard going back to where he belongs (And bringing in Ivy again <3), I've included a second trainer that covers generations 2, 3 & 5 with Snivy, Quilava and Swampert. This covers the rest of the generations (Pre-Gen 7 whenever that happens) and gives an all-around better look at Pokemon through the ages.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Black Shadow]
Ganondorf now has his own moveset, so give the old one to Black Shadow.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Slippy Toad]
Hear me out.

Turrets.

Or, really, just look at this glorious image:

A perfect plan! I have always loved turret-y/Drone characters in games (Of my 9 Mass Effect 3 playthroughs, 7 of them were the Engineer...) and Smash doesn't really have something like that. Slippy fits the bill perfectly and would be the first Star Fox character to not be a clone or almost clone.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Takamaru]
Don't know much about his game but he feels like a logical retro-choice in my opinion. A samurai knockin' about sounds like a good idea too.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Inkling]
We all know it's coming. I'm thinking like a good character solo but really excels during teams. Throw ink on the ground, speeding up and supercharging teammates/yourself that are standing on it and slowing/weaking opponents stuck on it. Superfast Squid form too. Idk it's an easy fit that will probably happen

[/collapse]

[collapse=Dillon]
Basically a better :4sonic: lol

[/collapse]

[collapse=Isaac]
Earth mage? Sign me right the **** up.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Tom Nook]
Really more of who I had wanted as an Animal Crossing rep in Smash, but you can't deny :4villager:'s presence in the game. I do think that Tom Nook could encapsulate the rest of the stuff in Animal Crossing though. Semi-clone? Maybe? I dunno. Fishing Pole grab a must though. Golden Shovel sometimes digs up bells that can be thrown at opponents. Final Smash puts victims into crushing mortgage debt.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Shantae]
Another hair-based fighter? You Shant kid me, sir!

I think that Shantae and Dixie can peacefully coexist, but I feel like Dixie's moveset would rely much more heavily on the hair bit than Shantae. I mean, she's like a genie so there's that.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Chibi-Robo]
New Chibi-Robo game looks super disappointing, but there's no use in denying that it's clearly a ploy to give the lil' Bot more moves so he can be in Smash, like Punch Out Wii did for Lil' Mac.

His plug-swinging makes him the Belmont everyone's always wanted to be in Smash, without having to cooperate with Konami. Win-win?

[/collapse]

[collapse=Geno]
I know, long-shot. And to be honest I don't really like Mario RPG that much. But, Geno is a shining example of glory from the game. Square and Nintendo have kind of re-opened their legs to each other again so maybe this can happen.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Rayman]
It was either him or Bomberman and while I love the white bomber... Rayman just brings more potential to the table, I think.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Banjo-Kazooie]

[/collapse]

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm really choosey about my roster preferences, and want to cut more than 5. That rule is really a downer for me, but I'm going to try and make it work.

Mario Series:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina:
Official Cuts: :4bowserjr:
*Notes:
-:4drmario: will return as a costume.
-Peach's neutral b will no longer include Toad. It will now be her blowing a kiss that stuns the opponent.

Pokemon Series:
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4greninja::4charizard:
Official Cuts: :4lucario:

Legend of Zelda Series:
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf: Impa, Midna
Official Cuts: none
*Notes:
-:4zelda:'s moveset will be changed to be around 90% :4sheik:. :4sheik: will also be a costume, as well as Tetra.
-:4tlink: is a costume for Link.
-:4ganondorf:'s moveset will change to be trident-based.

DK Series:
:4dk::4diddy: Dixie, K.Rool
Official Cuts: none

Yoshi Series:
:4yoshi:
OC:none

WarioWare series:
:4wario2: Ashley
OC: none
*notes:
-Wario will adopt more of his Wario Land moveset. example: Bike will be replaced with shoulder rush

Kirby Series:
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:
OC: None

Star Fox Series"
:foxmelee::falcomelee::wolf: Krystal
OC: None
*notes:
-:falcomelee: will mostly adopt :4zss:'s specials, to further differentiate him with :foxmelee:
-:wolf: specials will be inspired by spy/bounty hunter tactics (grappling hooks and nets), as well as being able to shoot a lazer out his bad eye, in order to further differentiate himself from :foxmelee:.

Metroid Series:
:4samus: Ridley
*notes:
-some of :4zss:'s aerials will be adopted by :4samus:. :4zss: will also be a costume.

Fire Emblem Series:
:4marth::4myfriends: Chrom Azura
OC: :4robinm::4lucina:
DLC cuts: :4feroy:(seeing that they're separate from the in game roster, I don't consider them as an OC)
*notes:
-:4marth: will have a mask costume. In this specific costume, he'll say Lucina's phrases in Japanese.

Kid Icarus Series:
:4pit::4palutena:,Viridi
*notes:
-:4darkpit: will be a costume, even though the name "Dark Pit" will never be officially said by the announcer.
With the DP costume, Pit's Victory theme will change.

F-Zero Series:
:4falcon:

Mother(Earthbound) Series:
:4ness::4lucas:
*notes:
-:4lucas: will get some dramatic changes to how his attacks work. Will explain further if asked.

Animal Crossing Series:
:4villager: Tom Nook
*notes:
-Tom Nook will play mostly like Tanooki suit Mario.

Pikmin:
:4olimar:
*notes:
-:4alph: will no longer be a costume.

Retro character Series:
:4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob::popo: Sukapon, Lip, Ayumi, Goku, Takamaru, Mini Kangaroo
*notes:
-DHD will stand on 2 legs, and undergo a slight kit change.

Misc. character Series:
:4shulk: Inkling, Wonder Red, Doshin, Chibi Robo, Starfy, Saki, Ray, Sami, Isaac
OC: :4wiifit:

3rd Party Series:
:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:
Bomberman,

DLC cuts::4ryu:

Will update if I realize I'm missing any. I know I am, I just know it.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Alright, let's take a swing at this, shall we?

How do you lot make your own rosters like that? Is there an application or web site you use to do this?

I will be designing my roster with a single console in mind without stupid 3DS limitations (I realize I only own the 3DS version thus part of the problem but whatever). Anyway, I'd like to avoid cutting characters, because every character has their fans (even ones I conceptually hate, like Wii Fit Trainer). Except ONE (or three depending on how you look at it).

Cut Characters
  • Mii Fighter: I hate Miis, I detest them. If I was this game's director I wouldn't waste a single resource on them outside of stage fodder. Think of all the crap you wouldn't have to put time into like outfits, hats, 3 distinct movesets or specials when you could actually focus on Nintendo characters.
  • All other characters return.

Alternate Characters
  • You know what, after giving it some thought, I really don't like the idea of alternate characters. Sure, it's a great way to artificially expand the roster of playable characters, but there's ways you can create semi-clones with not as much development time as fully fledged characters. I think I would promote Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Alph into Semi-Clone Status, keeping the Koopalings as they are because I do not like the idea of a bunch of Koopalings as their own characters.
I'd like take certain characters and CHANGE their movesets:
  • Ganondorf: Give him something more faithful to his source material. Make him use his sword from Twilight Princess while utilizing more of his magical attacks from OoT.
  • Wario: Give him the shoulder bash back.
  • Olimar: Give him his 6 Pikmin back, give him his tether recovery back.
  • Alph: Replace Purple Pikmin with Rock Pikmin, have him retain the Pink Pikmin recovery. Have Alph be lighter and faster than Olimar. Have his final smash utilize Bethany and Charley to assist him in battle.
  • Lucina: Her blade does even damage along the blade, let her take advantage of not worrying about being too far (Marth) or too close (Roy). In Awakening, when a Lord gets an upgrade to Great Lord, they use the Fire Emblem as a shield. I'd like to give Lucina her "mask" shield that she uses when she becomes a Great Lord and make her a fusion of Link and Marth. Fast sword and shield attacks without Link's gadgets, and for NAGA'S SAKE, let her shield bash or shield swipe a few times, which Link neglects to do. Shieldmaiden time! In fact, I would give Lucina her Great Lord armor in Smash 5
  • Dark Pit: He has a rifle (well, it's called a "staff" but it's a frickin energy rifle), let him use the damn thing! Have Dark Pit utilize more tools from Uprising that Pit already isn't using for specials. In fact, I'd want to give Dark Pit the rifle as his primary weapon vs. the bow and dual swords. Winged rifleman!
  • Dr. Mario: As much as I'd love to leave him an alt as he's basically Mario in a different outfit, I think he can go the extra mile and better represent the Dr. Mario series.

Returning Vets:
  • Wolf: He is far more different from Fox than Falco, and he is a dearly missed veteran
  • Ice Climbers: No subpar 3DS? No problem! Add the Ice Climbers back in
  • Squirtle: Have him rejoin Charizard for the Gen 1 trifecta
  • Ivysaur: Same as above, probably higher priority than Squirtle

Newcomers!:
  • King K. Rool: Shamelessly. Give him his blunderbuss, all sorts of tricks and traps, and give him his Kaptain K. Rool outfit as an alt to split his colors between just like Wario (Ware and classic design).
  • Dixie Kong: Time for the hair twirling, bubblegum chewing chimp to join K. Rool to complete a Donkey Kong fantastic four representation.
  • Ridley: Long overdue, I would make my own version of Ridley if I absolutely had to. If a 14 year old can do it, so can professional developers.
  • Impa: Zelda is overdue as well for a newcomer. Impa is the only non-Triforce character to have reoccurring appearances in canon games. I'd utilize her Hyrule Warriors look to give a nod to that game as well.
  • Isaac: The other blonde swordsman, Isaac brings his earth magic and summons to the fight.
  • Krystal: A martial staff user that doesn't summon a Landmaster. Time to give the post-Star Fox 64 games some love, no matter how divisive they are.
  • Bandana Dee: Four is the magic number (along with Donkey Kong and Star Fox), B.Dee brings his spear to battle for hyper fast stings.
  • Azura/Aqua: The leading lady of Fire Emblem Fates that isn't not-Robin, Azura brings her dance moves, giant lance, and water magic to the fight to make her the most unique FE rep.
  • Plusle & Minun: Let's bring back the entire Forbidden 7! Plusle & Minun join the Ice Climbers as a duo team!
  • Black Shadow: Have him inherit Ganondorf's old Falcondorf moveset. A slower, darker version of Captain Falcon, better reserved for his sorcerous rival in F-Zero!
  • Dr. Eggman: You know what they say! The more, the merrier! Sonic's longstanding rival with almost as much of a perfect attendance as Sonic himself, Eggman brings his countless gadgets and his battle walker to the battle. Eat your heart out, Bowser Jr.!

If you include all of Smash 4's roster, make Alph his own character, and all the added vets and new characters, that's 68 in total. A massive dream roster.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Alright, let's take a swing at this, shall we?

How do you lot make your own rosters like that? Is there an application or web site you use to do this?
Clicky

• Lucina: Her blade does even damage along the blade, let her take advantage of not worrying about being too far (Marth) or too close (Roy). In Awakening, when a Lord gets an upgrade to Great Lord, they use the Fire Emblem as a shield. I'd like to give Lucina her "mask" shield that she uses when she becomes a Great Lord and make her a fusion of Link and Marth. Fast sword and shield attacks without Link's gadgets, and for NAGA'S SAKE, let her shield bash or shield swipe a few times, which Link neglects to do. Shieldmaiden time! In fact, I would give Lucina her Great Lord armor in Smash 5
This is smart. I'm sad that I didn't think of it. She really could be totally different, I'd love this.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Clicky

This is smart. I'm sad that I didn't think of it. She really could be totally different, I'd love this.
Now that I think about it, I wonder if I should make a thread for this somewhere. Maybe the Lucina boards for a hypothetical Smash 5 change in character, or maybe just general character discussion?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Now that I think about it, I wonder if I should make a thread for this somewhere. Maybe the Lucina boards for a hypothetical Smash 5 change in character, or maybe just general character discussion?
Make a thread in the Lucina boards- Hopefully they'd be down for it. It's a good idea that merits thought. I think there'd be less Fire Emblem "oversaturation" rage if it was less clone-y.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Make a thread in the Lucina boards- Hopefully they'd be down for it. It's a good idea that merits thought. I think there'd be less Fire Emblem "oversaturation" rage if it was less clone-y.
I for one had Lucina as a cut, but if she had a different kit, I'd change my tune. I don't hate her as a character, I hate the fact she offers so little. If @ dangeraaron10 dangeraaron10 's shield idea changed it all up, I'd support her return.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I went ahead and threw up a thread about Lucina becoming a Great Lord in Smash 5 in the Lucina boards. We'll see how it goes.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i think this would be the best roster.

Yellow = DLC
Green = Alt. Skin (they also have different costume moves and stats)

Cuts: :rosalina::4darkpit::4ryu::4robinm::4lucina::4greninja::snake::ivysaur::squirtle::pichumelee:
Newcomers: King K. Rool, Ganon, Ridley, Chrom, Ninten, Ray MK III, Isaac, Nester, Bomberman, Geno

why? i will explain

-:rosalina:: she is shoo-in in every new Mario game but putting her in a fighting game when this character doesnt even fight while we have other Mario characters that can fight is not a good idea, also Daisy was more important than her in Mario games.
-:4darkpit:: Palutena was enogh also there are better characters choices in Kid icarus such as Medusa and Eggplant Wizard.
-:4ryu:: we should stick with the rule "1 character each company" until we have all the 3rd parties from big and different companies.
-:4robinm:: Fire Emblem fans has been asking for Chrom.
-:4lucina:: Fire emblem doesnt need 5 characters also she is just a side character and not the main character.
-:4greninja:: He is just a random pokemon choice.
-:snake:: Bomberman is the best choice for Konami rep.
-:ivysaur:: if we are having any grass type it should be Grovyle from PMD he was more important in Pokemon history.
-:squirtle:: there are better Pokemon choices from Gen 1 such as Meowth.
-:pichumelee:: Pichu Bros. all the way.

Now Newcomers:
-
: he has been here since the SNES days, he is what Bowser is to Mario, just like King K. Rool to Donkey Kong, also Donkey Kong seires needs more love.
-
: he was the biggest Zelda Villain, bigger than Ganondorf himself, and has been here since the first Zelda game.
-
: "SAAAAAAAAAAKURAAAAAAAAAAAI WHY DO YOU HATE MEEEE!!!!!!!"
-
: He is the main character from the newest Fire Emblem game and has been requested alot so give what fans wanted and the moveset is not even a problem to not add him.
-
: Putting Ness and Lucas without Ninten is like putting Ike and Roy without Marth, we should put him because he started the whole MOTHER seires and he was the main reason why Ness and Lucas exsist, and also the main character from his game.
-
: Costume Robo needs a rep in smash the seires has some few games but it will grow up in the future, also putting him in smash will make alot of people discover new game from their franchise.
-
: the fanbase deserve him he is very highly requested and Golden sun is popular nintendo franchise and we dont have any Golden Sun rep yet wich is sad even fanmade game like SSF2 had him before Nintendo does, what a shame.
-
: you didnt saw this coming right? this guy was special in Nintendo history he is also another retro/joke character, Nester represent Nintendo Power he is also Nintendo Power mascot, in the past Nintendo Power was alive people were able to get and learn about Nintendo games alot of them were secret and something that we never knew about and this was before internet did become a thing, however Nintendo Power has died because the internet appeared so in honor of Nintendo Power lets add Nester, also fun fact R.O.B. is not a video game but he was added in smash, Nester had a game on the Virtual Boy so he is able to join unlike Captain N and Ash ketchum who never appeared in any game.
-
: He is the best choice for Konami rep he had 80+ games and crossovered with Wario in Wario Blast and HUDSON did make most of the Mario Party games and he did also became one of the most iconic video game character just like Megaman.
-
: why Geno over other big Square Enix characters? simple he represent something completely different from other Square Enix characters, he can represent the Mario RPGs seires and the relationship and the link between Nintendo and Square and from the game that started their relationship, and also he is most requested Square character since brawl and have big fanbase to this day so he is a kind of character that could create huge hype, and he is the only 3rd party character that made huge adventure with Mario not just playing sports, it doesnt matter how many games you appeared because its more important to know what do you "represent" and also Geno is still popular to this day.
GENO 4 LIFE!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I would eventually make all past characters DLC but the starting roster would definitely try to balance the amount of characters per franchise.

That means I would cut Bowser Jr, Rosalina, Greninja, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina from the starting roster and have them be DLC alongside Roy, Pichu, Young Link, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, and Ryu.

Mewtwo and Lucas will be in the starting roster this time.

Troykv

Smash Master
i think this would be the best roster.

Yellow = DLC
Green = Alt. Skin (they also have different costume moves and stats)

Cuts: :rosalina::4darkpit::4ryu::4robinm::4lucina::4greninja::snake::ivysaur::squirtle::pichumelee:
Newcomers: King K. Rool, Ganon, Ridley, Chrom, Ninten, Ray MK III, Isaac, Nester, Bomberman, Geno

why? i will explain

-:rosalina:: she is shoo-in in every new Mario game but putting her in a fighting game when this character doesnt even fight while we have other Mario characters that can fight is not a good idea, also Daisy was more important than her in Mario games.
-:4darkpit:: Palutena was enogh also there are better characters choices in Kid icarus such as Medusa and Eggplant Wizard.
-:4ryu:: we should stick with the rule "1 character each company" until we have all the 3rd parties from big and different companies.
-:4robinm:: Fire Emblem fans has been asking for Chrom.
-:4lucina:: Fire emblem doesnt need 5 characters also she is just a side character and not the main character.
-:4greninja:: He is just a random pokemon choice.
-:snake:: Bomberman is the best choice for Konami rep.
-:ivysaur:: if we are having any grass type it should be Grovyle from PMD he was more important in Pokemon history.
-:squirtle:: there are better Pokemon choices from Gen 1 such as Meowth.
-:pichumelee:: Pichu Bros. all the way.

Now Newcomers:
-
: he has been here since the SNES days, he is what Bowser is to Mario, just like King K. Rool to Donkey Kong, also Donkey Kong seires needs more love.
-
: he was the biggest Zelda Villain, bigger than Ganondorf himself, and has been here since the first Zelda game.
-
: "SAAAAAAAAAAKURAAAAAAAAAAAI WHY DO YOU HATE MEEEE!!!!!!!"
-
: He is the main character from the newest Fire Emblem game and has been requested alot so give what fans wanted and the moveset is not even a problem to not add him.
-
: Putting Ness and Lucas without Ninten is like putting Ike and Roy without Marth, we should put him because he started the whole MOTHER seires and he was the main reason why Ness and Lucas exsist, and also the main character from his game.
-
: Costume Robo needs a rep in smash the seires has some few games but it will grow up in the future, also putting him in smash will make alot of people discover new game from their franchise.
-
: the fanbase deserve him he is very highly requested and Golden sun is popular nintendo franchise and we dont have any Golden Sun rep yet wich is sad even fanmade game like SSF2 had him before Nintendo does, what a shame.
-
: you didnt saw this coming right? this guy was special in Nintendo history he is also another retro/joke character, Nester represent Nintendo Power he is also Nintendo Power mascot, in the past Nintendo Power was alive people were able to get and learn about Nintendo games alot of them were secret and something that we never knew about and this was before internet did become a thing, however Nintendo Power has died because the internet appeared so in honor of Nintendo Power lets add Nester, also fun fact R.O.B. is not a video game but he was added in smash, Nester had a game on the Virtual Boy so he is able to join unlike Captain N and Ash ketchum who never appeared in any game.
-
: He is the best choice for Konami rep he had 80+ games and crossovered with Wario in Wario Blast and HUDSON did make most of the Mario Party games and he did also became one of the most iconic video game character just like Megaman.
-
: why Geno over other big Square Enix characters? simple he represent something completely different from other Square Enix characters, he can represent the Mario RPGs seires and the relationship and the link between Nintendo and Square and from the game that started their relationship, and also he is most requested Square character since brawl and have big fanbase to this day so he is a kind of character that could create huge hype, and he is the only 3rd party character that made huge adventure with Mario not just playing sports, it doesnt matter how many games you appeared because its more important to know what do you "represent" and also Geno is still popular to this day.
GENO 4 LIFE!!!
Chrom probably only was wanted because everyone expected to see Ike cut, and he was the ultimate "most likeable bandwagoned"... And now only because people feels bad with his memetic-character fame.

On topic... Mmm... Can I be full biased? (Because I want two characters that could be so old if they don't appear in other game between Smash 4 and Smash 5).

Last edited:
On topic... Mmm... Can I be full biased? (Because I want two characters that could be so old if they don't appear in other game between Smash 4 and Smash 5).
You could make two rosters: a realistic one and a biased one, which has all the characters you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom