• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you met Sakurai at the San Francisco tourney, what would you ask him?

mister_subarashi

Smash Cadet
For those who don't know, here's the rumor:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=35904

What would you ask the guy?

For me it would be: "What is the purpose of tripping? Besides giving players the chance to have their combos ruined without them being able to do anything to prevent it?"

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Tell him I'm a huge fan of Kirby and Smash, give him a link to my site with my Smash fanart, tell him it's a dream of mine to help develop a Smash game someday, and most importantly:

"What characters were set to be in Brawl, but were cut, and why were they?"

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
I'd probably ask him to play a match with me or a question about what he plans on doing next. I'll tell you one thing, I sure as hell wouldn't ***** about the game to him.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I'd ask "YOU SPEAK ENGLISH? YOU ENGLISH SPEAKING? NO? YES?"

For people offended by this, I'm Dutch myself, with an Asian background, so suck oompa loompa phallus.

illphil

Smash Apprentice
I'd ask "YOU SPEAK ENGLISH? YOU ENGLISH SPEAKING? NO? YES?"

For people offended by this, I'm Dutch myself, with an Asian background, so suck oompa loompa phallus.
Oh?
The Super smash bros series has to be one of the worst, most inferior games made for the ever so horrible Nintendo consoles.

What? I have ssb background.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I'd hug him.
I don't need to ask about anything... except a hug.

I'd learn the most respectful way to say "May I hug you?" in Japanese, and then I'd do it (if he said yes).

Surgo

Smash Apprentice
I would ask him for an autograph. He would then look at me, quite puzzled, because he doesn't understand English. We'd then go through a wacky hijinx that involves pantomiming the meaning and, at the end, someone would tell us that we were on candid camera.

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
"I thoght you said no clones"
not really a question but thats the first thing I would say...
"Why Toon Link?"
"Why not Dark Samus?"
"Why no 3rd ThirdParty character?"
"Can I have a free Wii with a free copy of Brawl?"

-Ran

Smash Master
I'd direct my question at his translator. =p

"Sir, how do you feel about the industries chopping of the learning curve in all genres of gaming as well as reducing the ceiling of potential? Shouldn't the popularity of gaming influence the trend upwards, since you can assume that the collective knowledge of all players is increasing, instead of remaining stagnant?"

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'd hug him.
I don't need to ask about anything... except a hug.

I'd learn the most respectful way to say "May I hug you?" in Japanese, and then I'd do it (if he said yes).
HOUYOU O ONEGAISHIMASU = "May I have a hug, please?"
;)

Jael Irish

Smash Apprentice
How does it feel to make a video game that has lasted 6 years and is still going strong?

What was the purpose of tripping?

Just 2 questions.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
Take off my live strong braclet and throw it at his face and yell "GENO WHIRL"!!!!!!!!! then head butt him in the stomach and walk away. (that part just for fun)

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
I would ask him if there are any tricks in Brawl that aren't in the manual and won't be revealed on the dojo that we can look forward to discovering over the years (like wavedashing in Melee).

iMichael

Smash Lord
He'd be looking at all of you like "wtf"...he doesn't speak English (maybe a little...but struggles)

With security being tight...I'd probably try and shake his hand, get an autograph and a picture.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I'd ask for a photo-shoot with him pointing and shouting "YOU MUST RECOVER!"
Then I'd ask him to autograph it. :D

But really, I'd definitely ask for an autograph, that would be so awesome!

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
(to the translator) Do you realize you(Sakurai) are the troll king of the Internet thanks to Japan Time?

Bensei

Smash Cadet
First, autograph, then asking about his Brawl code (if he plays it!), and maybe then about those freakin lucky 7 charas

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
definitly the tripping thing.
everything else could be asked via professional interviews or discovered via logic.

but why he put tripping in is one of those important things that I dont think he would answer unless directly asked.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Ridley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Me:"What was on your mind when you denied the Black Charizard model for Brawl?"

MS:"Well you see I was taking alot of drugs at the time and...well I just love a good prank!"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"Why was SMRPG denied any represntation what-so-ever despite how nearly every other third party Mario game was with at least stickers or music?"

I'd also ask him why the only thing Krystal got was a crappy cameo and why he didn't even think about asking Capcom to use Megaman.

Top Bottom