• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you met Sakurai at the San Francisco tourney, what would you ask him?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
"Duuuuuuuude you wanna get stoned?"

It is San Francisco afterall.
Holy ****, it's the first time he's ever posted and not typed in green OMG OMG!!!

I'd ask him, "Why the hell did you bring clones into Brawl, you idiot!? Nobody wanted cloned movesets, stupid!!!"

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice
I would go up to him..pull out a big fat shotgun and ask : * When da **** am I getting my PAL version of brawl? * with a big angry face and then I would hug him and say : * i lov u kk :) <3<3<3 U R GR8 M8! *

Then I would slowly walk away while he was awkwardly starring at me

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Why did you get rid of all our favorite techniques?

S2

Smash Lord
I'd probably ask something about what his plans for Sora (that's his studio) are.

The few people who posted negative comments... even though its a joke, saying anything negative like that to a developers face is rude.

Even if the end product of a game isn't what you wanted, there's no reason to treat a developer poorly for it.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
Depends on if he has his translator or not...If he does, I'd ask "Sakurai, are you planning on ever making a sequel? It doesn't even have to be a sequel, just a version for the next Nintendo console with more everything (characters, items, stages, etc.) would be fine...

If his translator is absent, I'd say something along the lines of "SAH-KUR-AI. HOW. MUCH. OF. Dairantosumashubrothuekksu (said very fast). WAS. GOD'S. WORK?"

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
hm intresting question. i would ask two things. and say another (thourgh a translator of course)

1. can i have you artigraph on a free copy of english brawl?

2. can i play you in a match? (want to see what the creator knows about his own series)

and i would say tell me your planning on another smash because if you are im workin wit ya, i have inside info on competative play over at smash boards and i could tell you what the community wants in the next smash.

but since im nowhere near where he's showing up i cant. i meet him someday after going to work for nintendo

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Why did you cut poor little Plusle and Minum? They would have been awesome!

DCL Pra-Mai for Brawl!

180OP

Smash Journeyman
I would ask him about what his plans are for the future for Brawl. For example: downloadable content; more characters, items, modes.

mas369

Smash Apprentice
"If Iwata-san ever wants to make SSB4 and you don't want to do it, can you tell him to call me"

or

"Is tripping really random, and, if so, would you hold it against me if I punch you out for doing something that stupid"

or

"Why did you make the protaganist of your series a pink ball, and how in God's name did you make it work"

or

"Do you have a favorite music group and, if so, who is it"

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
"How much do you get paid? How did you decide what characters got what roles? Why not Krystal :/"

Then shake his hand n stuff.

-Onyx

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I'd ask a few questions.

What do you think of the competitive scene of Super Smash Bros.?

Do you think it's wrong for players to take advantage of the unintentional techniques found in the game such as the techniques in Melee like Wavedashing, where you jump and quickly press the shield button toward the ground to move around quickly?

What is the point of slipping? It basically doesn't help the player, but punishes him or her for moving.

Can we play a match right now?

May I have your autograph? You're a real inspiration.

Basic conversation.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Why do you make your own creation (Kirby) suck so much in all of the Smash games?

or

May I battle you?

or

Is Falcon's electric knee really powered by his nipples?

or

Why are the spacies always top tier????

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'd asking him about the characters. Something like, "Were there any characters you were pondering over, but didn't add". I'd like to know if there were any other characters.

Damax

Smash Lord
Why do you make your own creation (Kirby) suck so much in all of the Smash games?

or

May I battle you?

or

Is Falcon's electric knee really powered by his nipples?

or

Why are the spacies always top tier????
Go play SSB 64 for your first question. that statement was SOOOO wrong.

With or without translator, I'd get his attention walking towards him saying: Sakurai-San!

I'd put my hand in front waiting for a shake and say Arigato

JoshuaAmaron

Smash Cadet
I'd direct my question at his translator. =p

"Sir, how do you feel about the industries chopping of the learning curve in all genres of gaming as well as reducing the ceiling of potential? Shouldn't the popularity of gaming influence the trend upwards, since you can assume that the collective knowledge of all players is increasing, instead of remaining stagnant?"
It's very rude to act like the person whom you are talking to isn't even there and address their translator. I'm sure you knew that tho'. :chuckle: "Edit": Oh, and I'd ask him why certain characters were cut, and why he decided on the characters he did.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
"why the heck did you make isaac an assist trophy?" he deserved better. also this: "how would you respond if someone pushed you off a building and tell you "YOU MUST RECOVER!"?

Chrnocide

Smash Apprentice
I would not ask him any questions. I would merely infer a statement, that went something like,

" Thank you. "

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i would first offer him a beverage, and then beg him to make SSB4 for the next nintendo platform, and then possibly suggest some simple character suggestions...i like to dream big.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Duuuuuuuude you wanna get stoned?"

It is San Francisco afterall.
Only city I've ever been to where a group of stoned people walk by a group of cops untouched, approached, etc. after being clearly SEEN! :laugh:

Yes, San Francisco is like that! :chuckle:

Most Importantly:

Why was Mewtwo cut?!?!?!?!
QFT.

My questions would be (some of these are jokes, mkay):

1. What's your friend's code. And do you [will you] play online?

2. Are you planning on having Downloadable Content, an Expansion Pack, or something of that sort in Brawl's future development?

3. Why were Captain Falcon's nipples nerfed, and Snake's a** buffed?

4. How come some playable characters aren't in the Subspace Emissary?

5. How come a series revolving around fuzzy space animals that WILL ALWAYS be a minor franchise have more representation in music, characters, and items then a series that is flagship series?

6. Why does Star Fox ALWAYS have godly characters tier-wise.

7. Do you liek mudkipzzz???

8. How come EVERYONE'S FINAL SMASH wasn't the LANNNDDDMASSSSTTTTEEEERRRRR!!!

9. Do you REALLY liek mudkipzzz???

10. Why'd you dump all the first generation Pokéball Pokémon for these newer stupid ones like Piplup, Munchlax, and Bonsly?

11. Why did you cut Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu (c'mon. your pain is my happiness! :laugh:)?

12. How come all the stuff (I'd say what I remember) was found in the Brawl disc that wasn't in the game, like SEVERAL characters, music, features, etc.?

13. Wanna play a smash-tri game? (smash 64 to Melee to Brawl)

14. Are you ready to Brawl 2008 and BEYOND?

15. What are your plans for the future with Sora and the Smash Bros. series?

16. Can you do a barrel roll?

17. Can Fox's power level go "OVER 9,000!!!" in Brawl?

18. How did changing the smash bros. formula feel?

19. Ever thought of that dreaded Melee re-release with online (with smasgh 64 on the VC)? :laugh:

20. Will you have my babies for putting Wind Waker Link, Wario, Diddy Kong, and Lucario in Brawl, and making the Smash Bros. Series?

Sakurai and his translater then run after question 20, and I am shot by his security guards....until I get up, charge Sakurai, and yell "YOU MUST RECOVER1!1!1!

:laugh: (had to do it!)

Edit:

Question 21: Why in God's name DIDN'T we get a little known gaming icon named Megaman?

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I'd follow him to the bathroom, and wait for him to get in a stall. While he was in, I'd call a friend and say to them, 'Mei Ling, Sakurai took his clothes off! He attacks by farting...?'

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I'd follow him to the bathroom, and wait for him to get in a stall. While he was in, I'd call a friend and say to them, 'Mei Ling, Sakurai took his clothes off! He attacks by farting...?'
LMAO. win.

as for me, I would just stare at him for 10 seconds drooling.
then i would walk right up to him, waid a couple seconds or more for him and his friends to stop talking and stare at me.
then, once my courage was up, i would flap my arms like a retarted bird and say "Kirby?!"
after that i would shuffle away like a giddy school-girl.

lol, just messen sprittles. we love ya <3

PokemonLegacy

Smash Apprentice
Ask him to develop Super Smash Pokemon! Meowth, Lucario, Plusle & Minun, Gardevoir, 4 PKMN Trainer type chars for All 4 gen's starters, Swampert, Gengar, Espeon, Dialga, Palkia, Drapion, and Togepi as PCs. Im drooling just thinking about it!!!

HeroAnri

Smash Cadet
NC, Winston Salem -- Friend Code # 2148-7811-3109
to answer the original question, tripping is designed for the same purpose as the whole brawl downgrade from melee...

TO HAVE FUN....

when u see your friend abotu to attack you, and he trips and u counter it with a smash, its hularious...it gives players extra of that fun thing that games bring out in young people...

me being 20 years old, doesnt seem as fun but i can see the game through a young kids eyes, and i can definetly see the fun in tripping...

and just cus im 20 doesnt mean i cant geta few laughs out of some situation involving tripping...i think the idea is hularious

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
1. Will there be downloadable character content?
2. Why have all the StarFox with Landmaster Final Smash?
3. Can I give you a hug, an autograph, a picture?

Top Bottom