• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you had to choose Day 19; Bayonetta vs Simon Belmont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Wow, double post. I refreshed the page twice and my last one didn't appear. Fantastic.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Zigzagar, Diddy, Caps, and ^ are dead to me.
jk
But srsly, OBVIOUSLY Lucina for me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why Lucina and her generic Marth-semi-coone moveset over Krstal? She has her staff, and would give StarFox a non-semi-clone addition.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Why Lucina and her generic Marth-semi-coone moveset over Krstal? She has her staff, and would give StarFox a non-semi-clone addition.
There is no reason she would be a semi-clone. And there is no reason why Krystal couldn't be a semi-clone. Star Fox already has two, based on the Arwing and Wolfen attacks. She flies an Arwing as a member of the Star Fox Team.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
Why does Lucina have to be a Marth semi-clone, and what stops Krystal from being another of Fox? Lucina has got plenty of abilities that Marth doesn't, and fights like Chrom, not Marth anyway, and Krystal's staff has got abilities that would could be made essentially the same as one's Fox already has, without breaking canon.

D

Deleted member

Krystal.

I see more Lucina as a partner for Chrom for a new Sheilda/Zamus character.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Just to clarify my earlier opinion, I chose Lucina not only because she's a good character but because she's a better one than Krystal in my opinion. Krystal significance to Star Fox (A dead series) is that she's Fox's love interest with a wishy-washy morality. She has barely any personality and one of her only 'pros' is that she would add more variety to the cast because she's female (Which shouldn't be a qualifying characteristic). Lucina actually has significance to her franchise (She's a very significant character to the recent Fire Emblem game, a franchise which isn't dead) whereas Krystal is the star of...Starfox Adventures.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Krystal over Lucina.

Krystal is more than just a pretty face and her kit would likely not make her just another semiclone. She can use her staff for magic, range, melee, and shielding as well as maybe some arsenal the other Starfox characters aren't depicted using, althought character customization may make this irrelevant. Franchise relevancy is a slack excuse, as many stable characters in Smash originate from them while others are revived as with Pit. Lucina is a great character in her own right, but she resembles Marth in equipment and costume and if she borrowed from Chrom, then he'd have even less to distinguish himself with.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
There's just as much of a chance that Lucina would have an original moveset as Krystal would have an original moveset. Krystal can be argued to have even higher chance, considering the fact that when they added Wolf, they still kept the same basic special moveset. In her later appearances, Krystal uses a blaster as opposed to her staff. Let's also remember that Fox uses the staff all through Star Fox Adventures, and yet it has appeared nowhere on his moveset.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Damn, how did I miss this? Guess that's what happens when you're away from the Character Discussion boards for a while...

Between Krystal and Lucina, I'd choose Lucina.

[collapse="These would be my choices for the previous battles. Not that they matter, but whatever."]1. Ridley
2. Isaac
3. Little Mac
4. Reggie
5. Zero
6. Dark Pit
7. Ghirahim
8. Female Villager
9. Geno
10. Mega Mewtwo Y (AKA "Newtwo")
11. Waluigi
12. Dr. Mario
13. Dark Link
14. Wonder Red
15. Non-Specific Action Figure
16. Owain
17. Palutena[/collapse]

You can nominate characters, right? If so, I nominate Hades from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I care little for either character. but if I had to choose id probably go with Krystal. but I don't see either making it.

Dyl9

Smash Cadet
Lucina because she is such a contrast to the typical female video game character. She is more serious than anyone else yet sometimes socially awkward, a product of what she has been through. Gameplaywise, she could be implemented as a tag team with Chrom or by herself, and could use both the falchion and lances as they are both available to the great lord class. The option to use lances opens up a ranged opportunity through spears, which could be used as an approach or zoning tool.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Krystal.

Lucina will be old news come three years, but Krystal will remain.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Lucina.
Starfox had three characters in brawl and managed to be very similar. Don't need another, especially if its going to contribute to furry content...
"but she has a spear!"
well technically, so does Lucina.
Krystal.

Lucina will be old news come three years, but Krystal will remain.
The starfox series hasn't even been getting new games. Krystal wont exactly be new news in three years.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Lucina, definitely. Krystal only had a significant role in Star Fox Adventure, where she spent the whole game as a damsel in distress. In later games, she's just another Star Fox pilot, no more important than anyone else on the team.

Lucina actually did stuff in her game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The starfox series hasn't even been getting new games. Krystal wont exactly be new news in three years.

No, but she'll last. Like she has since the Pre-Brawl days.

The only character from FE that I can think of that's still requested from those days is Lyn. And I don't know if Lucina is a Lyn.

Lucina, definitely. Krystal only had a significant role in Star Fox Adventure, where she spent the whole game as a damsel in distress. In later games, she's just another Star Fox pilot, no more important than anyone else on the team.

Lucina actually did stuff in her game.
>Has more importance to the overall series than Falco, who is already in Smash
>Isn't a one time character like 99% of the FE characters are.

>Lucina did **** in her (one) game, while Krystal's done **** in every game since her introduction

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Krystal, mainly because of that staff moveset. (lucina is just a marth clone/descendant, doesn't bring anything new to the table.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Lucina, we already had three characters representing Starfox. Chances are said characters will likely stay and diverse themselves from each other even more from their Brawl incarnation.

EDIT: Looks like I missed my chance to vote for Zero.

Uh I guess I'll nominate Bowser Jr. and Roy

I would go with Lucina, just please find a way to make her vastly different from Marth.

Maybe add another weapon or something to her move-set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom