• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you had the power...

Flister

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flister
In: Wario based on his original form; the Wario Land series on Gameboy, where his main offensive move was an awesome shoulder slam. He was strong and mighty. WarioWare Wario is just a clown.

Out: Krystal. I don't see how people can like her. She reminds me of Deanna Troi (Star Trek Next Gen), at least in Assault, which was the true Star Fox 64 sequel.

AT: Doctor Robotnik (Eggman) in his hovercraft and flying back and forth across the stage, swinging a big wrecking ball, a la very first boss in Sonic 1.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
In: Lyn from Fire Emblem (THE POWERRRRRRRRRRR)

Out: Pokemon Trainer

AT: Falco (3 second Arwing attack xD)

The power feels good indeed.
what did pokemon trainer do to you? I don't like pokemon (I hate it myself) but I still want him in!

In: Simon Belmont ( I already know Ridley is in)
Out: Dr Mario
AT: Baby Metroid that sucks health from one person and gives it to you.

The power...it burns!
that's not power burning, you left your soul on the oven.

In: Zero (Megaman Zero, GBA)
Out: Pichu and Waluigi... just don't like them... AT ALL
AT: Rambi, the Rhino from the DK Country games. He could stampede around the stage while the one who summoned him rides around going "WHOOOOO!"
you only get on out! why you wast it on pichu? 97% "know" he is not coming back? just go waluigi...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Not exactly the most original thread idea, but oh well.

In: Gardevoir.
I briefly considered choosing Colette from Tales of Symphonia, but in the end, I wouldn't actually enjoy playing as her, and, most importantly, it would be just heart-wrenching to see her be beat up.
Not that I'd have no pity with Gardevoir, but that thing is a powerful Pokemon. It's used to it?

Out: Pacman.
There are two characters I can think of right now that I hate, but my hate for Tingle recently got weakened. I'd hate Waluigi, too, but I can't take him seriously enough in order to summon up the necessary energy.
So, Pacman.
A gaming icon, and nothing more.
You have the choice between either the traditional, old-school Pacman, who is just a yellow, round thing with a big mouth. Unlike 2d Game&Watch, that makes Pacman very limited. His inclusion like this would be cool for a moment and then just seem weird and forced.
The other possible form is 3d, has eyes, arms and legs, and a wife called Mrs. Pacman.
I can think of no other character whose inclusion would disgust me as much as this one.
The character design is just some of the worst that has ever existed and is but a symbol of how the industry tries to keep alive popular old themes in a suspended animation for the sole purpose of draining money from die-hard fans with mediocre products.
If this Pacman is in, I won't buy the game. Well, I will, but I'll personally send a letter to Sakurai explaining in detail how much he failed to keep up the good work.

Oh yeah.

AT: Elite Beat Agents.

I understand that some of you may have forgotten them for a moment, which explains why not everyone suggested them as the perfect AT. You don't have to be ashamed of that, it happens to all of us from time to time.

Smash Ace
i'd kick out Olimar and ensure Roy and Doc's return (if I can only pick one, I'd say Roy)

AT: Ganon (giant pig thingie)

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly the most original thread idea, but oh well.

In: Gardevoir.
I briefly considered choosing Colette from Tales of Symphonia, but in the end, I wouldn't actually enjoy playing as her, and, most importantly, it would be just heart-wrenching to see her be beat up.
Not that I'd have no pity with Gardevoir, but that thing is a powerful Pokemon. It's used to it?

Out: Pacman.
There are two characters I can think of right now that I hate, but my hate for Tingle recently got weakened. I'd hate Waluigi, too, but I can't take him seriously enough in order to summon up the necessary energy.
So, Pacman.
A gaming icon, and nothing more.
You have the choice between either the traditional, old-school Pacman, who is just a yellow, round thing with a big mouth. Unlike 2d Game&Watch, that makes Pacman very limited. His inclusion like this would be cool for a moment and then just seem weird and forced.
The other possible form is 3d, has eyes, arms and legs, and a wife called Mrs. Pacman.
I can think of no other character whose inclusion would disgust me as much as this one.
The character design is just some of the worst that has ever existed and is but a symbol of how the industry tries to keep alive popular old themes in a suspended animation for the sole purpose of draining money from die-hard fans with mediocre products.
If this Pacman is in, I won't buy the game. Well, I will, but I'll personally send a letter to Sakurai explaining in detail how much he failed to keep up the good work.

Oh yeah.

AT: Elite Beat Agents.

I understand that some of you may have forgotten them for a moment, which explains why not everyone suggested them as the perfect AT. You don't have to be ashamed of that, it happens to all of us from time to time.
I can see how you think this is not the most original, but the original part comes in soon!

... and so far I think you are the most worthy of this power to date, you ideas are well thought out, but... pac-man COULD have moves... but it would be odd non-the less. I don't like the idea as well.

and the elite beat who? (joking)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
In: Isaac - I loved the Golden Sun games, so I'd love it if Isaac got in, especially seeing as there isn't really any earth users. I wouldn't say he's my most wanted choice, but I feel he's the one with the lowest chance.

Out: There isn't really anyone i despise enough to completely disclude them from brawl, but Iif I had to go with anyone, it'd probably be PacMan. Partly for some of the reasons Fawriel said, but largely because there are many other Namco characters I'd prefer over him that would actually have a chance with him out of the running.

AT: Zant - He's not deserving enough of an actual PC slot in my mind, but I figured he would suit an AT. One idea I had would be that he actually change the stage you are on, similar to
what he did in the boss battle with him

cccck

Smash Journeyman
In: Isaac - I loved the Golden Sun games, so I'd love it if Isaac got in, especially seeing as there isn't really any earth users. I wouldn't say he's my most wanted choice, but I feel he's the one with the lowest chance.

Out: There isn't really anyone i despise enough to completely disclude them from brawl, but Iif I had to go with anyone, it'd probably be PacMan. Partly for some of the reasons Fawriel said, but largely because there are many other Namco characters I'd prefer over him that would actually have a chance with him out of the running.

AT: Zant - He's not deserving enough of an actual PC slot in my mind, but I figured he would suit an AT. One idea I had would be that he actually change the stage you are on, similar to
what he did in the boss battle with him
um... you know saying
"what he did in the boss battle"
,because I never played TP, and still don't know that....

Fawriel you are doing good here!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
That's why I didn't want to say what he did in the boss fight with him, in case some people wanted to find out for themselves. But basically, like my suggestion he changes the area you are fighting him, sometimes to areas you fought previous bosses. The AT idea was that he'd change the stage to another one.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
That's why I didn't want to say what he did in the boss fight with him, in case some people wanted to find out for themselves. But basically, like my suggestion he changes the area you are fighting him, sometimes to areas you fought previous bosses. The AT idea was that he'd change the stage to another one.
Just say what he did like that... so if people want to know they can,...
you know... read it? or if not they... don't read it
<= not really a spoiler

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Fine, I wasn't too sure if describing what he does in a boss fight would count as a spoiler, but I hoped it would be obvious what I was suggesting he'd do anyway as an AT not to matter.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I can see how you think this is not the most original, but the original part comes in soon!
Hmmm? How? Did I miss something? Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread.. only the last page, actually.
... and so far I think you are the most worthy of this power to date, you ideas are well thought out, but... pac-man COULD have moves... but it would be odd non-the less. I don't like the idea as well.
Aww, thanks. I try.

And yeah, literally anyone could have a moveset... the question is whether they are worthy of the hassle of coming up with one, and how forced it would be.
One could come up with movesets for 20 different lords from Fire Emblem, but in the end, you'd have to force yourself to find anything that sets them apart.
Most characters could have a jab-jab-kick combo and a medium-strength f-tilt and a stronger f-smash and whatnot, but that only means that the point that everyone can have a moveset means nothing at all.
and the elite beat who? (joking)
*shakes fist*

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
Newcomer: Goemon (from the Mystical Ninja series), my #1 third-party pick.
Kicked Out: Dunno. Haven't really seen a newcomer I've really hated yet.
Assist Trophy: The Elite Beat Agents (or the Ouendan, for the Japanese release)

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
newcomer: mach rider, who might have some pull

omitted: sonic, what a disgrace of a character

AT: Metal Gear

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm? How? Did I miss something? Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread.. only the last page, actually.

Aww, thanks. I try.

And yeah, literally anyone could have a moveset... the question is whether they are worthy of the hassle of coming up with one, and how forced it would be.
One could come up with movesets for 20 different lords from Fire Emblem, but in the end, you'd have to force yourself to find anything that sets them apart.
Most characters could have a jab-jab-kick combo and a medium-strength f-tilt and a stronger f-smash and whatnot, but that only means that the point that everyone can have a moveset means nothing at all.

*shakes fist*
you messed nothing... I am just hinting and something you done know about yet....

what you don't like fire emblem or something?

oh and I do know who they are, I just never got to play their game...

BSpitz218

Smash Rookie
In:
Megaman X

Out:
Pichu

AT:
Dr. Mario? (Makes pills fall from the top of the screen?)

Fawriel

Smash Master
what you don't like fire emblem or something?
That wasn't the point. The point is that there are characters about which people say that they could not have a moveset at all.
Now, it's pretty evident that any Fire Emblem character could have a moveset, since we saw it happening. But to come up with a unique moveset, you'd have to force yourself. You could interpret all sort of things into what sets the characters apart, like, you could give Lyn the ability to fly or to vanish into mist because she's so fast and a child of the plains or something, but in the end, all FE characters pretty much have one normal and one critical attack and that's that.
Of course, everyone could have a moveset. I saw someone come up with a Tingle moveset with many sword-fighting moves, except the sword in some cases was replaced by a paintbrush. Whoopdeedoo.

I don't have anything against Fire Emblem. Used to, but then I played one of the games and I absolutely wouldn't mind Lyn in Brawl.
I only picked the FE example to approach the issue from the opposite stance. Every FE lord could have a moveset and we know it, but how natural would it be to come up with interesting movesets after a while?

cccck

Smash Journeyman
That wasn't the point. The point is that there are characters about which people say that they could not have a moveset at all.
Now, it's pretty evident that any Fire Emblem character could have a moveset, since we saw it happening. But to come up with a unique moveset, you'd have to force yourself. You could interpret all sort of things into what sets the characters apart, like, you could give Lyn the ability to fly or to vanish into mist because she's so fast and a child of the plains or something, but in the end, all FE characters pretty much have one normal and one critical attack and that's that.
Of course, everyone could have a moveset. I saw someone come up with a Tingle moveset with many sword-fighting moves, except the sword in some cases was replaced by a paintbrush. Whoopdeedoo.

I don't have anything against Fire Emblem. Used to, but then I played one of the games and I absolutely wouldn't mind Lyn in Brawl.
I only picked the FE example to approach the issue from the opposite stance. Every FE lord could have a moveset and we know it, but how natural would it be to come up with interesting movesets after a while?
I know... I was joking... but you bring up good points non the less...

and why does every one hate Waluigi? is it becuse of that "he's never been in a 'real' game" thing?

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
In: Geno!
He's original, bad ***, and shoots lal kinds of projectiles from his puppet body. I doubt anything more has to be said.

Out: Sheick
Disliked her. Too easy to win with that character, takes the challenge out of the game. (All my friends main sheick, it's boring.)

AT: Hector (aged)
We need some old people in here too, and what better representative and an axe wielding lord with a beard?

Edit: forgot reasons.

BSpitz218

Smash Rookie
just X? what about the other..um... mega men?
X is just a badass and he could be easier to create a moveset. The original was kinda basic. Although, it would make sense to put in X Zero. It's Megaman with a saber, an ongoing (I think) game series. They could give X the saber like in X 6 but it'd disgrace Zero.

And Megaman X was the first game I ever played so i kinda favor him.

Darkurai

Smash Master

Banned: Any Sonic Character who ISN'T Sonic.

AT: Sakurai (he immedietaly KO's everyone who isn't you)

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Banned: Any Sonic Character who ISN'T Sonic.
you win.

X is just a badass and he could be easier to create a moveset. The original was kinda basic. Although, it would make sense to put in X Zero. It's Megaman with a saber, an ongoing (I think) game series. They could give X the saber like in X 6 but it'd disgrace Zero.

And Megaman X was the first game I ever played so i kinda favor him.
ok, I was just wondering, I would like classic myself, useing weapon master attacks for A attacks as well as B.

PaperMario4Lyfe

Smash Rookie
Newcomer:

PAPERMARIO!

Kicked out:

all of the crappy doubles that there are, so there could be alot more interesting characters or any non-nintendo characters

A.T.:

this one doesent bother me at all tbh

Caael

Smash Lord
I'll re-do mine

Newcomer: Simon Belmont

Kicked out: Shiek, just to laugh at all those people who play as her in tourneys

AT: Bulborb from Pikmin. It would be like taller than all the other characters, and squish all who get in it's way.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Newcomer:

PAPERMARIO!

Kicked out:

all of the crappy doubles that there are, so there could be alot more interesting characters or any non-nintendo characters

A.T.:

this one doesent bother me at all tbh
so you pick a mario clone, and then kick out all the clones?

Newcomer:
It'd be a coin-toss between Mach Rider and Mike Jones (from Star Tropics).

Banned:
Tom Nook - He can just STAY in the background of Smashville...

AT: I dunno... Heracross?
Heracross? who be that?

I'll re-do mine

Newcomer: Simon Belmont

Kicked out: Shiek, just to laugh at all those people who play as her in tourneys

AT: Bulborb from Pikmin. It would be like taller than all the other characters, and squish all who get in it's way.
Simon belmont... hmmm... the only thing I wonder... what would be his up B?

cccck

Smash Journeyman
New Comer: Ridley! Re-size him.

Banned: A ****load. But, I'll pick ICs. I hate those little pieces of ****..

AT: Little Mac.
ridley would not even need to be resized... look at ssbm, he is just fine there.

IC? what did they do to you?

i think most people want little mac as playable, but this would be the next best thing.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
New Comer: Little Mac (Punchout series) because that guy is the ****

Banned: Ehh, i suppose Doc (and other clones, but I'll start with this guy.)

AT: Slippy. What he does = He comes out and screams "I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS, I'M UNDER FIRE!!!", and then the starfox ships come out and shoot a crap load of lasers, yet the person who got the AT does not get affected.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
ridley would not even need to be resized... look at ssbm, he is just fine there.

IC? what did they do to you?

i think most people want little mac as playable, but this would be the next best thing.
True, but I just said that to the haters and whiners who think he's too big to be in Brawl. (stupid argument, BTW.)

I don't know, I just don't like them. It's my opinion, tho.

Top Bottom