• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If You Could Make One Pokemon Good...

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
Pachirisu, Luvdisc, and male Combee should each be given an amazing moveset to make up for their poor stats. Give Luvdisc Lovely Kiss, Heart Swap, Swagger, Flatter, and Punishment, and give Pachirisu...er...some kind of Psychic moves, to reflect its squirrely supersense.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
I would choose either Flygon or Nidoking.

Flygon: Great pokemon that's stuck in BL.

Nidoking: Great move pool versatility but horrible stats.

-Ter
in smogon they are doing a test ladder without garchomp to see how it is. if he is officially moved to uber then flygon will move up to OU as flygon's stats aren't as good as garchomp's but they don't suck. flygon is also dragon/ground but has levitate instead of sandviel but levitate gives it another imunity and it can use roost for recovery.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
in smogon they are doing a test ladder without garchomp to see how it is. if he is officially moved to uber then flygon will move up to OU as flygon's stats aren't as good as garchomp's but they don't suck. flygon is also dragon/ground but has levitate instead of sandviel but levitate gives it another imunity and it can use roost for recovery.
Yeah, your right; Flygon has good stats, but because it's being compared to Salamence, Garchomp, and Dragonite so much, everyone ignores it.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, your right; Flygon has good stats, but because it's being compared to Salamence, Garchomp, and Dragonite so much, everyone ignores it.
well draganite and salamance are weak to ice, rock, and dragon while flygon is only weak to ice and dragon and has one more immunity then them or garchomp. if they were to increase its base stats by 5 or 10 each then it would be a great alternative.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Pikachu has the Light Ball, which doubles his offensive stats. Make an item for Jigglypuff that doubles her stats as well! I'm thinking along the lines of... Black Marker.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
IfF I K@n mAKk3 a Pog3Yz go0Od, Itz gottA be Garchomp =]. lol

but seriously, If I could choose one pokemon to improve it would probably be Absol. it's not terrible, but yet lacking imo, better move pool and speed ftw
I would make Luxray. It looks cool but is terrible in battle :(.
These were the top two that popped in my mind. Absol is good only if he has all physical moves w/ high critical hit ratios (night slash, psycho cut, stone edge, and maybe swords dance or X-scissor), give it an adamant nature w/ att. and spd. EV's, the super luck ability and have it holding the scope lens.

Luxray is a beast, well...if it had higher speed it would be...I still have both of these at lv.100, nevertheless.

HERE'S MY BIG ONE...Mawile. It needs to evolve to either a pure Steel (which would be nice cuz there are not many pure steel types out there) or Dark-Steel. It's name would be Mawvile (Vile giving it the Dark attribute). It would look similar to Gardevoir's sprite, and its stats would be a lot better.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Take a step back from the Black Marker and make it a Macrophone, which not only raises Attack & Special Attack, but also allows Jiggs to disregard Insomnia and Vital Spirit. So there.
Have the Microphone perfect the accuracy on Sing, and have it buff the defenses instead of offenses. Black Marker can buff the offenses :) Lets have something improve that speed as well.
Base Stats: 115/45/20/45/25/20

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I'd remove Haunter's weakness against Psychic types. If it wasn't for the fact that it makes hims so friggin amazing against so many Pokemon (mostly Poison types. He annihilates Poison types), I'd remove Poison from him altogether.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Mr.Mime...Skarmory and Absol.
And Kecleon,nice move pool but stats....eh.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
I say... Charizard. Stealth Rock takes off half its health, and it has a 4x Rock weakness, so to make up for that, give him a 200 attack base stat and 300 base speed!

...But really, Charizard. I like that Pokemon, just has a few issues, like typing.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Gardevoir, First pokemon in Ruby/saph I got evolved, and its so fun to release in brawl with items on high. I would be ok if they just doubled her speed, then she could choice specs an entire team by herself XD Or have her normal defense equal her special defense, and have her be a big wall, and replace wish with recover XD.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Mantine.
Also Meganium. If it gave up some of its speed/attack for a bit more defenses, It could be quite a versitile wall, w/ reflect/light screen, Synthesis, aromatherapy, grasswhistle, safeguard, and toxic.
Meganium: 80/82/100/83/100/80
If its spread was like this (85/60/120/80/120/60) it would be much better, imo.

peofun1

Smash Rookie
I'd say Zubat, without evolving. It's really hard to train until level 13 when it learns bite. Before that it only has Leech Life, Super Sonic and Astonish which all really...Suck.
And plus it's so much cuter than Golbat.
A better move pool would make it a much better Pokemon.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Zangoose...it just needs a bit more speed.

Miltank too, because cows are always awesome.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
...Which Pokemon would it be?

I would make Poliwrath REALLY GOOD. I always thought he looked so badass, but his stats....are just mediocre....
Almost the same here. Poliwhirl for me. I know he's the epitome of cool Pokemon, but he's just meh stat-wise. Always kept him in my party regardless, but by the end of the Elite Four, he'd usually be the closest to fainting or already fainted.

Top Bottom