• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could change a character's special moveset, what would it be?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've noticed how, for a number of characters, the special moves aren't necessarily all that faithful to the original games, for whatever reason. I can understand characters like Zelda, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, and ROB being hard to make movesets for, however.

So, what if these movesets were more faithful to the originals like how Olimar, Pikachu, the Pokemon Trainer, and Jiggs are (I don't know how faithful Lucario is)?

Here's mine for Lucas:

B: PK Love: Lucas releases PK Love from within and it explodes with a medium radius.

Side B: Salt Water Gun: Shoots out salt water that damages with its bad taste. Has minor knockback. It can be held down with the B button until it's all out.

Down B: PK Counter: Lucas sets up a shield around around himself. When he's hit, the shield shatters and attacks the opponent.

Up B: Bird Cage: Takes out a cage filled with birds that raise him up.

Final Smash: PK Love Ω: Like the regular PK Love but it covers the entire stage if it's done from the center of the stage.

Grab: Instead of the Rope Snake, he uses the Shield Snatcher.

LKnight

Smash Cadet
Good thread, not sure if it's the right section but here goes. I would change Young Links (considering I hate the name Toon Link X3) to the following.

NOTE: These are all based on Phantom Hourglass, considering I never got to play Windwaker or any other cel-shaded Link game.

Up B - Inferno's Power

Young Link hold's his blade above him and shoots into the air, while a pillar of fire spirals around him. Good knockback if a player is hit at the tip, decent if hit anywhere else. Can be controlled to go up and diaggonaly left and right, as long as it's going Vertical. No Charge. Good Range.

Side B - Lightning's Courage

Young Link holds his blade behind his back, and slams it into the ground. A small Lightning spark travlles across the ground, similiar to Kirby's up B. It can be charged for longer range and more power. Also the blade itself gets surrounded by electricity, so if a player hits the blade they also get dameged. Knockback ranges from how charged it is.

Down B - Aqua's Sheild

Link crouches behind his sheild as a large ray of water is projected in front of him. It only covers the front of him though leaving open from behind. All Magical projectiles turn to health, while anything else is simply delflected at quarter of the range it was shot at.

Neutral B - Clawshot

Young Link whirls the Clawshot around his head, depending on which direction held on the control stick determins which way it's shot. It's chargable, increasing Range and power. Decent knockback and can be used as a tether recovery.

Final Smash - Phantom Hourglass

Young Links fairy appears on screen and a white sillouette of a hourglass covers the screen, the whole screen turns black and white except for Young Link. All characters cannot move as if time has stopped. Young Links blade then starts to glow gold. You then control Young Link, his combos are now magnificently increased, you then start hitting whatever oppenent you wish, and can also change which oppenant you go for. Opponets recieve massive damage but no knockback, and after a short while Young Link automatically raises his sword into the air, the colour of the screen comes back and all characters recieve knockback from the damage they got.

A magic baised Young Link if you will considering Link stole "Master of Weapins ,Though I'll be posting a weapons baised one soon.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Ganondorf.. please, the warlock moveset again? i have seen alreeady warlock punch and warlock foot.. and the warlock uppercut seems to still having teh same properties as melee...

I would also change wlf up b and falco up b

Falco: instead of fire.. ice.. simple enough...
Wolf.. Instead of doing damage, it could be a n aerial thrown..

anyway, i'm happy with wolf and falco movestes.. but still a bit upset about ganondorf moveset ...,aybe ganondorf is captain falcon daddy...

Shock the Hedgehog

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockhog
^I agree Ganondorf needed new moves.

Up B- Blade Quake: A bit like Dedede's Up B, except he rises up with his sword and then comes back down in a position similar to Link's Dair. It has decent vertical and horizontal distance and can't be cancelled.

Side B- Dark Wave: Ganondorf swings his sword vertically creating a wave of dark magic, it can be charged for more distance and power. It has some ending lag.

Standard B- Sword Split: Another chargable move, this one makes Ganondorf temporarily split his sword in two. He swings both halves horizontally and does extra damage if the opponent is close enough to the attack. Ganondorf can walk around with this charged up.

Down B- Magic Convertor: Somewhat like G&W's Down B, this turns DIRECT attacks into magic power, once Ganondorf has been hit three times with this activated, he can unleash a magic attack.

Final Smash: Fine how it is.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
OMG! A non- Roster complaining thread! YES! AND A fun one too!

If I could'a, I would'a changed:

Donkey Kong's Final Smash: He throws large barrels very quickly. The FS will last about 11 seconds, and DK is invincible all the while. Each barrel does about 15% per barrel, some will explode on contact of an opponent (33%). Reference to classic "Donkey Kong" arcade.

Mario's Down B: Would still be the Mario Tornado, BUT after each use, that little star sprite would pop up from him. Reference to "Super Mario Galaxy's" Mario Spin attack.

Sonic's B Foward: Sonic spins in place, firing a ground-hugging wave of air. Would have very good knockback. Taken straight from "Sonic Battle's" Sonic Wave.

Jigglypuff's Final Smash: Jigglypuff sings very loudly, creating shockwaves of sound that spread throught the stage. Lasts about 8 seconds, sending out about 6 shockwaves (6% per shockwave) and has varying knckback. I call it...Hyper Voice.

Toon Link's Move List:
B: Slingshot (Can be charged, does little damage. 4%. Occasionally fires an exploding nut. 12%)
B>: Boomerang (Actually, this would be the same as it is)
B/\: Spining Attack (Just like Links, but travels horizontally in the air)
B\/: Bomb Chu (Pulls out a Bomb-Chu and sets it on the ground. Bomb-Chu rolls foward)
Final Smash: Wind Waker (Using the Wind Waker, summons up sharp winds that tear all over the stage, each gale doing about 12% and lasting about 5 seconds. Has high knock-up)

Falco's Final Smash: Star Fox Assualt (The Star Fox crew flies overhead & storms the field with blasts and bombs)

Wolf's Final Smash: Wolfen (Wolf jumps into his space fighter and blasts the opponents on screen via-1st person view, similar to Snake's FS, more akin to Jin Saotome's Hyper Move Blodia Vulcan from Marvel vs. Capcom)

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Gannondorf he's still pretty much a C. Falcon clone and being the main villain of the zelda series he really should have his own move set.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Character X
up+b = Fire-X
side+b = X illusion
b = laser
down + b = reflector
final smash: LANDMASTA

Rinse, repeat. MONEY PLOX

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Wolf's Final Smash: Wolfen (Wolf jumps into his space fighter and blasts the opponents on screen via-1st person view, similar to Snake's FS, more akin to Jin Saotome's Hyper Move Blodia Vulcan from Marvel vs. Capcom)
Blodia Vulcan FTW!

i actually thought it a bit different... wolf= Team Starwolf, calls leon and panther, while one is doing a blodia vulcan the other is at a side of teh stage dpoing a blodia punch!!! XD

Falco: Arwing... (for teh ones that saw Falco LADNMASTA in action... will notice that it's ridiculy similar to a arwing mechanics... *cough*unlimited air time*cough*)

and for ganondorf... :

Down B, Power Quake: he smashes the ground doing a quake that hits everyone standing in the ground in a small area... done in the air would result in ganondorf diving top speed and increasing teh quake range.. More height = more range, for a solid 13% damage...20% if you happen to get hit by ganondorf body... Reference.. ocarina of time.

normal B: tennis ball of doom!!! we all know it...

forward B: relesase ten "magic misiles" which makes minor damage each (1-2%) and are semi aimed, like samsu normal misiles..

Up B: like Pit's up B.. he just floats in teh air, wth his cape... FTW! (however, doesn't have much height avaible...) (reference again.. ocarina of time)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
If Ganondorf would just have Down+B = Draw Sword or something, then he would have a completely new moveset.

Yeah, that would be awesome.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Ganindorf's. I mean, it's fine that they aren't changed, but i think it would have been better if they were.

Ideally, for me:

Neutral B: Dark energy ball. Non chargeable, to save being too alike to shadow ball or Samus' charge beam, but G would fire a ball of dark energy horizontally.

Smash B: Sword Slash. G would slash once with his sword, and if the button was pressed again, he'd slash a second time. Sort of like Link's forward smash, only stronger, and slower.

Down B: Reflect. Taken from OoT, where you'd have the tennis match with G. Basically reflects projectiles, but turns them into dark energy, making them slightly more damaging.

Up B: Dark Dive. I'd keep this mostly the same, with little changes. His Brawl animation looks more like an uppercut, so i'd make it a multi-hit uppercut. Also, in the G vs Toon Link video on YouTube, when he does Dark Dive, at the same time the gun nest in the ocean fires a cannon and it looks as though G fires dark energy diagonally down. I'd add that feature to this move, making the properties:

Ganondorf leaps upwards, and at the top of his jump fires a small ball of dark energy diagonally downwards. If he connects with anyone, he deals several hits.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know, technically this was a complaint thread but, it's definitely not like the others because I had characters like Peach in mind to have their specials changed.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Yes, but no one's b!tching and arguing. THIS is how Smashboards should be!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I've noticed how, for a number of characters, the special moves aren't necessarily all that faithful to the original games, for whatever reason. I can understand characters like Zelda, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, and ROB being hard to make movesets for, however.

So, what if these movesets were more faithful to the originals like how Olimar, Pikachu, the Pokemon Trainer, and Jiggs are (I don't know how faithful Lucario is)?

Here's mine for Lucas:

B: PK Love: Lucas releases PK Love from within and it explodes with a medium radius.

Side B: Salt Water Gun: Shoots out salt water that damages with its bad taste. Has minor knockback. It can be held down with the B button until it's all out.

Down B: PK Counter: Lucas sets up a shield around around himself. When he's hit, the shield shatters and attacks the opponent.

Up B: Bird Cage: Takes out a cage filled with birds that raise him up.

Final Smash: PK Love Ω: Like the regular PK Love but it covers the entire stage if it's done from the center of the stage.

Grab: Instead of the Rope Snake, he uses the Shield Snatcher.
Really cool idea! And it's a great way to make Lucas more faithful to the MOTHER 3 Lucas that we all know and love. Don't get me wrong--I don't mind Lucas' moveset in Brawl, mainly because he's Ness but better in every way possible, thus making the latter obsolete. :bigthumbu

(And at least Lucas uses PK Love throughout ost

^I agree Ganondorf needed new moves.

Up B- Blade Quake: A bit like Dedede's Up B, except he rises up with his sword and then comes back down in a position similar to Link's Dair. It has decent vertical and horizontal distance and can't be cancelled.

Side B- Dark Wave: Ganondorf swings his sword vertically creating a wave of dark magic, it can be charged for more distance and power. It has some ending lag.

Standard B- Sword Split: Another chargable move, this one makes Ganondorf temporarily split his sword in two. He swings both halves horizontally and does extra damage if the opponent is close enough to the attack. Ganondorf can walk around with this charged up.

Down B- Magic Convertor: Somewhat like G&W's Down B, this turns DIRECT attacks into magic power, once Ganondorf has been hit three times with this activated, he can unleash a magic attack.

Final Smash: Fine how it is.
I like your ideas for Ganondorf. Pity that he didn't get an original moveset this time around. Even if he hadn't used his sword, he could have at least had SOME sort of alteration. :ohwell:

Jigglypuff's Final Smash: Jigglypuff sings very loudly, creating shockwaves of sound that spread throught the stage. Lasts about 8 seconds, sending out about 6 shockwaves (6% per shockwave) and has varying knckback. I call it...Hyper Voice.

Toon Link's Move List:
B: Slingshot (Can be charged, does little damage. 4%. Occasionally fires an exploding nut. 12%)
B>: Boomerang (Actually, this would be the same as it is)
B/\: Spining Attack (Just like Links, but travels horizontally in the air)
B\/: Bomb Chu (Pulls out a Bomb-Chu and sets it on the ground. Bomb-Chu rolls foward)
Final Smash: Wind Waker (Using the Wind Waker, summons up sharp winds that tear all over the stage, each gale doing about 12% and lasting about 5 seconds. Has high knock-up)

Falco's Final Smash: Star Fox Assualt (The Star Fox crew flies overhead & storms the field with blasts and bombs)

Agreed on all counts. That's how Brawl should have been. ;) Also:

Luigi's B\/: Poltergust 3000 (Draws the opponent closer, much like a faster / more powerful vacuum effect than Ganondorf's new UTilt. When Luigi overlaps the opponent, he or she is sucked into the Poltergust itself, taking some damage akin to Lip's Stick flowers. Randomly, a ghost will escape from the vacuum, and Luigi will swing the vacuum about wildly, ghost still attached.)

Ryusuke

Smash Cadet
I'd change Sonic quite a bit...

A combos: Rapid Fire Punch: This takes advantage of Sonic's anatomy. He doesn't just run fast. His entire body is capable in moving at the speed of sound. Sonic punches rapidly.

Air Spike (A-down): Slam Dunk: Sonic thrust his feet at a 90 degree angle from his head to his front, hitting the opponent with a powerful kick (see Sonic Battle)

B-Standard: Spin Dash: This combines the functions of his current B-side and B-down. It's chargeable on the ground. You can also use it in the air. You could jump while Spin Dashing, of course. You can also combo this with your throws.

B-Side: Mach Phantom: Sort of like a mix of Fox's and Meta Knight's B Over. Since Sonic moves faster than the speed of sound, he could be able to disappear. This can give him some distance between the opponent, etc.

B-Down: Blue Tornado. Sonic creates a tornado.

His B Up is fine. <<

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Really cool idea! And it's a great way to make Lucas more faithful to the MOTHER 3 Lucas that we all know and love. Don't get me wrong--I don't mind Lucas' moveset in Brawl, mainly because he's Ness but better in every way possible, thus making the latter obsolete. :bigthumbu

(And at least Lucas uses PK Love throughout ost
When does Lucas use PK Love in Brawl? Anyway, here's one for Ness, Kumatora, and Claus.

Ness

B: PK Paralysis: Works like how Ness' PK Flash works already in the SSB series. However, this freezes the opponent in place.

Side B: PK Flash: Shoots out a grean beam that, if it hits the opponent, leaves the opponent in a broken shield state.

Down B: PK Hypnosis: Works like Mewtwo's but better range and inflicts no damage.

Up B: PK Teleport: Disappears and then poofs out of nowhere like Shiek, Mewtwo, and Zelda.

Final Smash: PK ROCKIN'!!!!!!!!!!!: Ness makes a guitar out of PSI and then starts playing a rock version of Pollyanna. The soundwaves then go off in random directions and Ness is invincible during this.

Kumatora:

B: PK Freeze: Tosses a ball of cold PSI at the opponent. It can be charged to PK Freeze Ω.

Side B: Bomb Toss: Throws a bomb. Occasionally, she'll throw a Super Bomb.

Down B: PK Ground: Jumps up and punches the ground. Then, stalagmites arise out of the ground in front of her and keep going until they hit the edge. If she's in the air, she'll rash to the ground with a fist and the stalagmites are higher.

Up B: PK Thunder: Flys straight up in the air. If she's away from the stage, she'll automatically fly in the direction of the stage like a tether recovery.

Final Smash: PK Starstorm: Casts PSI stars to fall from the left of the stage at a 45 degree angle.

Claus:

B: PSI Beam: Shoots a quick beam of PSI energy.

Side B: Thunder Strike: Strikes the opponent with his sword once and then strikes again with a strike and a lightning bolt simultaneously.

Down B: Deflection Spin: Uses his sword and spins it frontward. It can damage anyone close and deflects long ranged attacks

Up B: Jetpack: Works like Pit's Angel Wings.

Final Smash: PK Love Ω: Like Lucas' regular PK Love but it covers the entire stage if it's done from the center of the stage.

Why couldn't Sakurai do this?

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi -
B-Up - Turn into ridley for the remainder of the match
B-Down - turn into Krystal for the remainder of the match
B-Side - Turn into Ray for the remainder of the match
B-Neutral - Turn into Claus for the remainder of the match

Patinator

Smash Champion
Hmm. I'd change everyone's Final Smash.

Mario: Mushroommaster.

IC's: Icemaster.

Ganondorf: Ganonmaster.

Bowser: Koopamaster.

Luigi: Mushroom Master II.

Etc., etc. lolz

Seriously, though...

I'd change Ganondorf's moveset, above all.

Neutral B: Magic Sphere. He casts out a ball of black magic.

Side B: Sword Thrust. Performs a forward slash, much like when he jumps up out of view in Twilight Princess.

Up B: Twilight Warp. All TP players know what I mean; a warp with Twili magic.

Down B: Wizard's Foot. I'd actually keep it; especially teh spike.

I'd also change Falcon's FS, whatever it is (NO ONE TELL ME!)...

Triple Knee! He gets a third Knee, dude!

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I think there are a couple of things that could have been altered without messing around too much.

1. Toon Link more Luigified: Change ONE of his moves, probably Smash B to Skull Hammer. Also, make him a gliding character with the Deku Leaf. Not a move, just a standard jump-hold glide.

2. Change Ganondorf's Down B. He gets out/puts away his sword, and changes from a Falcon clone to an Ike clone. Gains power, but loses the little speed he has, and his recovery is made much smaller

Best ideas ever.

Z. Hoot

Smash Cadet
I always though Gannondorf should have a trident. It seems more unique.

B Energy Ball thing
B> charges at you with trident and smacks you around or something
B^ actually fine with that
Bv instead of a kick should be a fist!

A moves should use his trident. Long reach, slow, but powerful.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I always though Gannondorf should have a trident. It seems more unique.

B Energy Ball thing
B> charges at you with trident and smacks you around or something
B^ actually fine with that
Bv instead of a kick should be a fist!

A moves should use his trident. Long reach, slow, but powerful.
That's not too bad. A trident would be different but I like him with a sword. Although, something like the Shichi****o or a three pronged sword would be original.

VisetheStompy

Smash Cadet
Ganandorf: Keep the Forward and Neutral B the Same.
Up B: Dark Boost, starts out like his original up move with the flip but his ends twirling his sword with dark energy like a slow version of Links Up B. It also doesn't grab people who come in contact with it.
Down B: Wizard Slam: Punchs fist in ground sending a shock wave along the ground for a short distance

Final Smash Same.

Luigi: Only Change Down B: Poltergeist 3000. Suck people closer like Kirby and DeDeDe's inhale but doesn't capture charachters, only items.. Instead if you suck too long it malfunctions blows a ghost out which will linger on the stage attacking any player before floating off, though the ghost can be attacked to knock it out of the stage. It can also be caputered by Luigi, Kirby, DeDeDe inhales and Warios Bite.

Toon Link
UP B: Cucko Cling. Toon Link pulls out a Cucko that flaps widely,it acts as an additional jump before going into glide mode. It can also be thrown using the throw comand and be picked up by other players to toss.

Down B: Bombchu. Sets Bomb on floor and its moves foward brielfy and then blows up, will also blow up when it hits and solid item.

Neutral B: Sling Shot. Can be fired rapidly with short range or charged for one long shot. Deku nuts deal little damage and no stun.

Foreward B: Four Sword Slash. The master sword temporarly seperats on of the other three links from link. The other link lunges forward and does a different move based on his color.
Blue: A single spin attack damaging anyone around him before getting dizzy and disappearing.
Red. One Long Downward swing, sword gets stuck in ground then disapears.
Pink: 5 Rapid jabs then panting for exhaustion before disapearing.

In the air all three do the same single fast slash with one special property. Should any of the links catch and edge they will switch places with the main link and disapear

Final Smash: Fierce Diety. Toon Link puts on the Fierce Diety Mask and become Fierce Dity Link. He has the same body type as link but wields a two handed sword and gains the following moveset.

A Moves: Pressing A caused him to do fast rapid jabs like Metaknight. Using the directional pad with allow him to move will performing the attack.

Neutral B: Link sends out a twirl wave of energy projectile.
Up B: Uses regurlar Link Up with fire damage added and no charge propety
Foreward B.: Used Marth's Side B move with Electric properties added.
Down B: Uses Ike Down B with Ice Properties added.

Falco Final Smash: Final Smash R-Wing
This final smash calls down hiw R-Wing. Its the same size as the ones found on Corneria. He can fly around on it the same rate G&W Octopus moves. It fires a laser with the same properties as a laser pistol. People can hop onto it and ride it but a quick double tap with cause it to barrel roll, dropping anyone on it. Also If a barrel roll is performed when a project hits it it gets reflected back at a faster speed.

Wolf Final Smash: Bomb Squad.
Wolf calls in the rest of his squad. All three fly across the screen from different directions, each dropping a bomb that floats down and detonates at random intervals with the same properties as the B-Bomb. Getting hit by the fighters deals damage as well.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Ganondorf would be my first choice, without a doubt - he deserves much, much better than to be a Captain Falcon clone.

B: Energy Sphere - Chargeable orb of pure dark energy he forms over his head. When he begins charging he hovers wherever he is, even in mid-air. Can be thrown straight or at an approximately 30 degree angle up or down. Cannot hold the charge, and must wait a time after firing a shot to begin charging another (longer the more powerful the charge on the fired one was).
Side B: Dark Lightning - Ganondorf swings his sword, and an arc of black lightning shoots out horizontally. Very fast, but less damaging than his other moves.
Up B: Shadow Portal - Basically the portal from his entrance, except when he goes through them they burst into small damaging explosions of dark energy. Not very powerful though, mostly just a recovery move.
Down B: Triforce Slam - He punches the ground with the Triforce symbol on his hand glowing, sending waves of energy rolling across it in all directions. Like in his Ocarina of Time boss battle, only it does damage rather than destroying the ground.
Final Smash: Beast Ganon form, but controllable, like Giga Bowser.

Zevox

marcusmash

Smash Rookie
Toon Link:

Call him Toon Link or Young Link, I don't care all that much.

Pretty much based on items/moves from The Wind Waker.

Up B: Deku Leaf

When Link is on the ground the he blows a hard gust upwards. This does little damage but has good knockback.
When Link is in the air he blows a gust downwards that propels him up, doing damage to enemies and allowing him to recover. After he blows the gust down he can use the leaf to glide.

Down B: Skull Hammer

Just like in WW. He takes it out, swings it and comes down hard. Slow but powerful.

Side B: Rolling Parry

Also just like his move in WW when the A icon 'blinks'. Link rolls forward on the ground and comes up slashing with his sword. Like WW he would roll around a nearby enemy and get them from behind but only an enemy extremely close. If there is no enemy close enough he still does the roll and slash but is left vulnerable.

Neutral B: Fire Arrow

Let him keep old Young Link's fire arrows. I could also go with a Slingshot, but as I remember Link only has that in OOT, not in any of the WW style cel-shaded games.

Grab: Grappling Hook

Similar to the functionality of the Hookshot/Clawshot, but based on WW's Grappling Hook.

Final Smash: Wind’s Requiem

Link pulls out the Wind Waker. The player is required the conduct the Wind’s Requiem just like it is done in WW. After that you can choose any of the 8 directions for the wind to blow. As the wind blows everything except for Link is blown by the wind. Enemies don't take damage directly from the wind but instead from any items that are blown into them, in a similar manner to if they were thrown at them. The wind, of course causes massive knockback for all enemies. The higher their damage the more likely the will get blown right off the stage.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Mario
neutral-b: fine how it is
side-b: boomerang - acts like links boomerang only it goes in a circle. mario = 0 direction = -
...__
./..... \
0<__ /

down-b: star spin - exactly like luigis
up-b: fludd - acts like r.o.b.'s up b but more power and less duration

luigi
neutral-b: ice ball - like his fireball only freezes for 7-8 frames and no fire affect
side-b: it is good how it is
down-b: poltergust 5000 - sucks up any projectile or item and when pressed again can shoot them back out though will only hold one at a time
up-b: stays the same

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
A blast from the past.

I'd change Metaknight's moveset pretty dramatically:

Gliding removed as a mechanic from the character as it is.

Tornado removed entirely and Drill Rush (or its alpha version "Triple Dash") in its place. Say what you will about the move being beatable through shield DI and particular move mechanics, it is a horribly obnoxious design. Special fall at the end of the move is still existent.

Up-B path modified so it ends with him higher up, remove the glide at the end, but retain the ability to do a glide attack as the move finishes. No matter how the move ends, he goes into special fall afterward.

Down-B changed to a more stance-based move that has longer startup, has a longer period of travel, does not have its timer reset by air-ground transition, deals more knockback on hit, can be interrupted at any time during its movement with its attack, and transitions more smoothly into air control upon the move ending. Still retains special fall.

Side B as a pseudo-glide, a fast "airdash" kind of move that can be acted out of with an air dodge or glide attack, and travels a marginal distance relatively quickly. If the move is not canceled with an attack, he does a barrel roll that transitions into air mobility and can be edge-canceled. Does not send into special fall.

Top Bottom