• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could change _____ character's Final Smash...

-EXO-

Smash Rookie
If you could change _____ character's Final Smash, what would you change it to?

Falco: Calls upon Peppy, Skippy, and whole starfox crew to air raid the level.

P.S. How can I make my signature an actual image? I put the image codes on both sides but still nothing.

Smash Ace
Heh, I think that a lot of people would remove two out of the three landmasters. The rest would probably make the entire cast's final smash the landmaster :p

I would personally like to see Toon Link's change, although I'm not sure what I would change it to. (Maybe a landmaster? The game needs more.) At any rate, it would probably be Windwaker specific. I would also like to restructure Zelda and Ganon's moveset, but that would take way more than a final smash change.

You can't use

EauxCon

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf - Full control of Ganon.
C. Falcon - He taunts his signature salute, then all foes immediately jump off the stage and suicide.
All other characters - Landmaster

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Wolf is the only one that doesn't actually make sense. I mean, Toon Link and Link are technically the same character, so having the same FS makes some sense. Fox and Falco both have Arwings and are part of Star Fox so two landmasters makes some sense.

But Wolf... he does not have a landmaster in any of the games if I am not mistaken, it just does not fit him at all.

I guess Ness and Lucas would be the next two.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
-I'd make Falco's "Arwing" (essentially the same one he has now with a different model)
-I'd make Ness's "PSI Rockin" (or whatever that move from Earthbound is called)
-I'd keep Captain Falcon's the same, but instead of just running them over, he'd jump out of the Blue Falcon and do a super Falcon Punch/Knee, IN ADDITION to ramming the Blue Falcon into them.
-I'd make Donkey Kong's a Coconut Gun

Zevox

Smash Lord
Falco: Arwing strike. Think Corneria's Arwing hazards, but faster, more powerful, more focused strikes.

Wolf: Wolfen fly-by. Think a marriage of the Landmaster and Snake's Grenade Launcher - Wolf gets a first-person cockpit view from the vehicle as he does a fly-by or two of the stage, able to shoot blasters all he wants and having one bomb per fly-by.

Lucas/Ness: One of them should have a different PK ability. Haven't played their games, so I can't give a specific one, but though PK Starstorm is cool, both of them having it is redundant.

Toon Link: Time stop. Exactly what it sounds like - straight out of Phantom Hourglass.

Jigglypuff: Uh, something that doesn't suck. Perhaps a mega-sleep that characters don't awaken from when struck or somesuch. As-is, hers is just too easy to deal with - stick to the edge of the stage, then when she gets big enough to bother you, hop off for a second and recover as shes shrinking. Worst-case scenario you just grab the ledge to stay alive.

Ganondorf: Still Beast Ganon, but able to be controlled ala Giga Bowser. I'd also personally prefer the Ocarina of Time version, but I suppose the TP theme is one they weren't willing to veer from.

Zevox

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
I agree with everything Zevox said but I think Falco should jump INTO the arwing and fly around and shoot like the landmasters. I think Toon Link should use the wind waker to blow them way offstage though.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Hmmm... I'd easily change the cloned Final Smashes.

Falco: Arwing - He jumps into an Arwing ("Personally, I prefer the air!") and this can be controlled. The Arwing can be flown around at high speed (similar to Super Sonic) but not as freely, as it turns like a Landmaster and isn't as loose in up/down controls as SS. You can also fire lasers with A (unlimited and does more damage/knockback than just ramming opponenents), fire a bomb with B (only one per Final Smash, but it acts like a Smart Bomb), and barrel roll with L or R (knocks opponents who are hit upwards rather than sideways). You only have this for a little while, obviously.

Wolf: Team Star Wolf - Wolf calls down his Team, who reply in little boxes Star Fox style, and then bombard the stage with lasers, missiles, and bombs for a short while. Wolf can attack separately and is unaffected by his Team's fire.

Toon Link: Wind Waker - Toon Link whips out his baton and begins to conduct. He first plays the Wind’s Requiem and then heavy wind begins to blow on the stage. The player can tilt the control stick to change the direction the wind blows, and, while the wind does no damage, it easily pushes opponents off the stage. As the time to control the winds nears its end, the winds gradually grow stronger.

Lucas: PK Love - No idea what this would do, as I've sadly never played a Mother game, but he and Ness shouldn't have the same Final Smash. Or moves, for that matter, but that's not what this topic's about, is it?

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Of course change the landmasters. Just have one please. I guess change Marth's to something like Ike's...like it being more elegant and ending with a strong Dolphin Slash. Like add water instead of Ike's fire and add a Dolphin XD

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
pikachu - longchu transformation. it's like giga bowser, but longchu is inside your nightmares.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, like everyone else, remove two of the Landmasters. I was expecting Falco with the Arwing, just like everyone else. And I was expecting Jigglypuff to have Hyper Voice and have a huge damage radius...

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
All right! Everyone took the landmaster gig outta me so I'll come up with a different one.

PEACH! Her FS is just dumb. I get the peaches, but c'mon, nothing about her character relates to sleeping. Make it something like from Super Princess Peach where her umbrella is the ultimate weapon of mass destruction like a homerun bat with lipstick and flaming curry abilities.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I guess change Marth's to something like Ike's...like it being more elegant and ending with a strong Dolphin Slash. Like add water instead of Ike's fire and add a Dolphin XD
Ugh, no thanks. I was actually very afraid they'd do something like that. Ike and Link's both being elaborate sword combos is more than enough in that regard, thanks. Besides, Marth's being a single, quick, lethal blow fits his fighting style perfectly. No flashy moves, just pure precision and efficiency.

Zevox

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Alright. What everyone else said about landmasters.

Peach. I would have her's changed to Ponic. It's simply the coolest thing ever. ( Check out the flipped movesets thread. )

I would change Link's to Fierce Diety(SP?) transformation.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
falco calling peppy, slippy and the rest of the team for a serious aerial butt whooping

ElefantRider

Smash Rookie
I think they couldve been more creative with toon link instead of giving him the same final smash as link. They couldve done something related to windwaker and made a really cool final smash. I also think marios is somewhat lame. I like it, but seeing as its mario, they couldve done a lot more...i dunno, something more..mario? Like using a similar effect as with the giant mushroom in new super mario bros. I also thought robs could be a little more epic. The little beam just doesnt cut it as a final smash to me.

-EXO-

Smash Rookie
Pikachu turns into raichu... then de-evolves x2 into pichu. Pikachu and Pichu would be interchangeable like Samus and ZSS

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Not to beat a dead horse, but changing Falco's landmaster to Arwing or Arwing Squad sounds good.

I'd have changed Diddy Kong's Final Smash to like, a summoning of everyone from Diddy Kong Racing to just drive/fly/hover around stage hitting people...you know, like, Conker, Timber, TT, Bumper, Banjo, the whole gang. Better than like, Peanut Rocket Rage.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Controllable Ganon would have been sweet.

Peach should have had her mood changes from super princess peach (rage, joy, gloom and calm) and whatever the roulette landed on a different effect would happen.

DK could have controlled a rampaging rambi.

Can't think of anymore.

monkeyfan1

Smash Rookie
fox hooks up his intercom to giant speakers and peppy starts yelling for everyone to do barrel rolls until their ears bleed and they all get KOed.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd change Falco's, Jigglypuff's, Wolf's, and Ness's final smashes but since my suggestions have already been used I guess I'll just change Toon Link's FS into the Hurricane Slash. Seriously, how did they NOT think of that? I really wish Sakurai had spent more then 2 months working on the characters. (At GDC, he said that nearly every character was 100% complete by the beginning of 2006...)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
In the name of balance, all characters should have the same FS or at least with pretty much the same results.

Everyone should either have Marth's FS, a Landmaster or Lucario's Beam of Suck.

Falco: Arwing. He gets into an Arwing and flies around like a douche. You can shoot lazers and BARREL ROLL and all that nonsense.

DK: Just make the bongo range bigger.

Toon Link: Ballad of Gales. He summons up a huge *** cyclone causing massive damage.

Meta Knight: Make it more KB, because that's just said.

Ganondorf: Pull A Freakin' Sword Out Of His Chest. That's right. Not Ganon. We've already got, like, 3 or more giant transformations. So he pulls a freakin sword out of his chest. And he'd be a character like ZSS, faster, has his own moveset, a kind of fusion between fist fighting and sword...swording.

Lucario: After 100x Kamehameha, you can WD. Because he can already Shuffle. Lucario = Super Epic God Teir

WiiwanttoBrawl

Smash Apprentice
Falco - Arwing version of Dragoon item.
Wolf - Star wolf squadron strike.
Ganondorf - Full Ganon control.
Toon Link - Wind Waker.
Ness - No idea but something different.
Jigglypuff - Inflate + Rollout back and forth accros the stage.
Peach - Something with her emotions from SPP.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Metaknight
He raises his sword toward the sky and Sword Knight and Blade Knight appear. They start teleporting around as they slash every character on the stage then ends with 3 giant slashes like MK's end in 1 slash. Then Sword and Blade Knight disappear

PCHU

Smash Lord
Falco.........
He would start spinning, like his normal attack now,
But then he would shoot out 1,000 lasers to pwn everyone.
The End

Ness.......A HUGE PK Flash that comes out instantly.
The End

Ganondorf.....
GANON PAUUUUUUUUUUUNCH

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In the name of balance, all characters should have the same FS or at least with pretty much the same results.

Everyone should either have Marth's FS, a Landmaster or Lucario's Beam of Suck.
The same in strength maybe but not the exact same thing. Granted, I know that you're not being serious about everyone having the same FS but I do think that some people were given either freakishly good or close to pointless FS.

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... I'd easily change the cloned Final Smashes.

Falco: Arwing - He jumps into an Arwing ("Personally, I prefer the air!") and this can be controlled. The Arwing can be flown around at high speed (similar to Super Sonic) but not as freely, as it turns like a Landmaster and isn't as loose in up/down controls as SS. You can also fire lasers with A (unlimited and does more damage/knockback than just ramming opponenents), fire a bomb with B (only one per Final Smash, but it acts like a Smart Bomb), and barrel roll with L or R (knocks opponents who are hit upwards rather than sideways). You only have this for a little while, obviously.

Wolf: Team Star Wolf - Wolf calls down his Team, who reply in little boxes Star Fox style, and then bombard the stage with lasers, missiles, and bombs for a short while. Wolf can attack separately and is unaffected by his Team's fire.

Toon Link: Wind Waker - Toon Link whips out his baton and begins to conduct. He first plays the Wind’s Requiem and then heavy wind begins to blow on the stage. The player can tilt the control stick to change the direction the wind blows, and, while the wind does no damage, it easily pushes opponents off the stage. As the time to control the winds nears its end, the winds gradually grow stronger.

Lucas: PK Love - No idea what this would do, as I've sadly never played a Mother game, but he and Ness shouldn't have the same Final Smash. Or moves, for that matter, but that's not what this topic's about, is it?

I would do the same to these FSs too.

R.O.B: Subspace Bomb. Engulfs 90% of stage and gives 100% to everyone. if you are near the center you are instantly KO'd.
Or something related to transforming into the Prime Minister. And having twice as much power and the ability to fly around the stage.

=S-A=

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff... would pull out a microphone and start singing.... And while every one on the field is asleep she can smack them with the microphone for a 1 hit kill!!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Jigglypuff... would pull out a microphone and start singing.... And while every one on the field is asleep she can smack them with the microphone for a 1 hit kill!!!
Or at least draw on their faces. It seems like with each passing game that her appeal gets smaller and smaller and I question more and more why she's still in the franchise.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link: Song of cyclones(?) Transports you to a random course, while keeping all lives/damage/points the same. :D (Tourney***s' bane! o:)

R.O.B.: Mega-laser: Like Samus' Zero Laser except red, and doesn't change him into ZSS

DK: Barrel Throw: Like in the original DK arcade, he would just start throwing barrels rapidly in both directions until they roll off an edge or reach a target.

C. Falcon: Blue Falcon: He summons the Blue Falcon, but it is controlled like Eggroll or Rollout, instead of having a cinematic.

LOOK MA, NO LANDMASTAS!

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
I'd change Peach's to be one of her emotions from SPP, Falco's to an Airwing, and Ice Climbers' to a full screen blizzard.

Top Bottom