• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if you can't run in and grab some1 after their lag...

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Wouldn't the end of the failed grab coincide with the lag? There's no time to do a dash attack after a failed grab attempt unless you don't try to grab at all.

Charoo

Smash Champion
u know

ex:
marth forward smash
u shield the tipper
run in and
try to grab = get owned cause he can already move
dash attack = hits him

i'l ltry to find a random video online or something haha

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Champ's basically saying that dash attack can hit in situations where a running grab would fail.

Because the dash attack lunges forward real quick.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LAWL GUYZ USE T3H DACUS SO THAT YOU SLIDE BEYOND HIS RAGNE AND MABEH GET HIM IN UPSMASH

../ahem

i mean yeah dash attack works occasionally lol, i use it to get ppl off my back so i can charge needles and do useless brawl DDs because they're fun to do

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Dash attack can give you some serious mindgames because of it's speed. Seriously I spammed it slightly more then usual in the first match of a best of five set and after that, my opponent shielded on reflex so often after that.

demodemo

Smash Ace
lol ive done dash attack > ftilt at really low percents

its ending lag (definitely has lag) is misleading, so people often try to attack back with a punishing move, thereby getting hit by the ftilt

i don't think it works anymore though :\. at high percents it can be used to get the opponent away for transform, but other then that i don't use DA

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dash attack is one of those moves that you can use on a whim because it's too fast for people to see

sheik is one hell of a ninja

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i love dash attack...i use it to try and surprise the foe and keep up a combo...thats why when it fails it can mess me up

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dash attack is a high risk move
a man's move

the only reason zelda tightened up her body to look manly was so that she could be awesome enough to use dash attack

i have an offensive strategy that i use against players who are new to sheik... people know already that i like to play an all out aggressive game, but it's even more effective on people who don't know how to get out of the barrage of attacks. i incorporate "random dash attack" whenever i play someone new. as long as they're not falco or ic's and i can't get chain grabbed, i really don't care at all if i get punished.

Top Bottom