• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Update Patches didn't exist

TSmasher1000

Smash Rookie
Rosa would be too good and would be SS tier. Greninja, Sheik, and Diddy would be S tier and it would be almost like Brawl except just a little bit better.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
None of Yosh's nerfs (outside of the insane egg teleportation glitch) warranted a nerf. Sakurai is just really lousy at balancing his games and caters too much to casuals and complaining with balance patches. (Examples: Some of Greninja's nerfs, some of Diddy's nerfs, all of DDD's nerfs, etc).
Nope. While Greninja was overnerfed initially he's been buffed to compensate recently. Diddy was nerfed to remove his braindeadiness, and again has had compensation in multiple patches. (Actually, I'm not sure they nerfed anything of his directly besides the hoo-ha.) DDD was nerfed for FFAs, yaknow, the primary mode of Smash. Yoshi was nerfed for mid-level play. And honestly, that Dair would of been ridiculous after the shieldstun increase.

EtrianHero23

Smash Cadet
@W.A.C.
He was better, I won't deny that. But that does not mean people would use him at high level majors. Back then, everyone flocked to Diddy Kong because of how ridiculous he was, with Sheik, Greninja, and Rosalina trailing behind him. Barely anyone, if none at all, gave Yoshi the time of day. Mainly because of how much he struggles in high level play to begin with. Compared to the other top tiers in pre-patch days, he was the only one whose throw game was terrible, which resulted in him having near to no answer to shields, which were pretty much a ridiculously OP defensive option in the pre-patch era. He had no kill setups, kill throws, or combo throws, which the rest of the top tiers had at least one or two of those. His grab is also really laggy, which made it into a high-risk, low reward move. Egg Lay and Dair were his best options to combat shields, but they shared the same problem as his grab, with both of them having a sizable amount of endlag. Heck, even now, after the universal shield nerf, Yoshi still is rarely used in majors despite his main weakness being neutered slightly. He would be a good character, but I just don't see how he would be a relevant threat with the rest of the top tiers having an answer to shields while he does not.

Last edited:
Rosa would be too good and would be SS tier. Greninja, Sheik, and Diddy would be S tier and it would be almost like Brawl except just a little bit better.
Yeah, a little bit better. But I feel like brawl had a lot of strong points that wiiu/3ds doesnt.
Strong. Like the 2016 Ford F-150. Equipped with 4 wheel drive and an engine good for 325 horsepower and 375 lbs of torque.

Ford. Go further.

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, a little bit better. But I feel like brawl had a lot of strong points that wiiu/3ds doesnt.
Strong. Like the 2016 Ford F-150. Equipped with 4 wheel drive and an engine good for 325 horsepower and 375 lbs of torque.

Ford. Go further.
Oh Great, an advertisement spamming bot.
Oh yeah and that comment above was just torn out of a generic book and it's kinda off topic.

Last edited:

Newtonjar

Smash Cadet

Ford. Go further.
Holy crap, I never though about that. I think Fords were some of the most underrated parts of brawl.

Oh Great, an advertisement spamming bot.
Oh yeah and that comment above was just torn out of a generic book and it's kinda off topic.
Perhaps, but don't you think a change of topic from time to time can be a bit refreshing?

Refreshing. Like a long sip from an ice cold glass of coca-cola on a hot summer afternoon.

Coca-cola. Choose happiness.

Br0ken

Smash Rookie
Diddy, Rosalina and ugh don't even get me start on sonic, he was 10x more annoying before he got patched up. On the bright side at least there would be no "better nerf greninja" memes.

randomguy1235

Smash Apprentice
The game would grow much, much more stale and repetitive, half of the cast would be non-viable, and the top tiers would be more brain dead than they already are. Patches are Smash 4's true saving grace.

Last edited:

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
I most likely wouldn't have bought the Wii U version after I got the 3DS version. As mentioned above it would be rather boring and unbalanced.

Top Bottom