• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Ridley is either a PC or not in at all. =|

Why can't you see him being playable?

RIDLEY
Ok, I'll say this and I'm done.

From a graphics standpoint, Ridley is a very complicated character in himself, to have him at a players control would mean a lot of animating and meshing on his part, or a lot of dumbing him down and using bump and displacement mapping. Now this is fine, but in a video game, you must keep the poly-counts low, or else you could end up with lag or even worse crashing, and this is even more so when implementing online capabilities.

Having him as AI will limit his movement, thus making him easier to animate. And there won't be an issue with online Brawls.

From a game standpoint, only a few SSE details have been made public, and they are in need of some bosses. A few bosses have already become either PCs or ATs (Bowser, Dedede, Andross) and the SSE needs more Nintendo based bosses such as Petey Piranha, and Ridley would fit this description well.

From just a viewers standpoint, he is a very large character and would have to be downsized to be in Brawl, and he just doesn't have the look for brawl, he looks too complicated, even more than Solid Snake.

Punchline

Smash Apprentice

From a graphics standpoint, Ridley is a very complicated character in himself, to have him at a players control would mean a lot of animating and meshing on his part, or a lot of dumbing him down and using bump and displacement mapping. Now this is fine, but in a video game, you must keep the poly-counts low, or else you could end up with lag or even worse crashing, and this is even more so when implementing online capabilities.

Having him as AI will limit his movement, thus making him easier to animate. And there won't be an issue with online Brawls.

From a game standpoint, only a few SSE details have been made public, and they are in need of some bosses. A few bosses have already become either PCs or ATs (Bowser, Dedede, Andross) and the SSE needs more Nintendo based bosses such as Petey Piranha, and Ridley would fit this description well.

From just a viewers standpoint, he is a very large character and would have to be downsized to be in Brawl, and he just doesn't have the look for brawl, he looks too complicated, even more than Solid Snake.
Bowser kills this

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I ain't even playing today.
I vote for Pokemon Trainer to get eaten by Ridley. =o)

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING??? Brawl obviously has enough capacity too implement some characters..
I don't see how online brawls would be a problem for him
Andross isn't playable, and how will an AT be in as a boss, and look at how much Metroid bosses could be SSE bosses
From just a viewers standpoint, he is a very large character and would have to be downsized to be in Brawl, and he just doesn't have the look for brawl, he looks to complicated, even more than Solid Snake.
Ugh, the size argument was the worst one of all....please read the Ridley threads..COMPLETELY..
Just stop arguing, please.....

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I did stop arguing, drop it now, before it gets out of hand.

ShoosteR, you should have seen this coming up when you added Ridley to the list.

Anyway, go PT so we don't have to run into this again if he ends up against Mario.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Well, Isaac had a great run. The simple fact that it took the biggest character in gaming to bring him down is something for Isaac fans to be darn proud of - and the fact that it took until the final 8 of a big tournament like this for that to happen is likewise.

Now, to select Mario's next victim.

I'll go with Ridley. Pokèmon is fun, but Metroid is just plain better IMO. Gotta give it a lot of respect after playing the Prime series. And of course, a sapient space dragon is a pretty cool character concept too.

Zevox

Punchline

Smash Apprentice
I'm starting to think the PT voters are doing this again because they dont know who the correctly vote for.

A person who controlled pokemon with no personallity whatsoever or a giant pirate space dragon who shoots fireballs and always comes back from the dead in some awesome way.

Please be realistic..

SiD

Smash Master
I'm starting to think the PT voters are doing this again because they dont know who the correctly vote for.

A person who controlled pokemon with no personallity whatsoever or a giant pirate space dragon who shoots fireballs and always comes back from the dead in some awesome way.

Please be realistic..
Stop acting like people can't like PT better than Ridley. IT's about the character, the whole character, which includes the pokemon.

SiD

Smash Master
*facepalm*

People only like PT for how unique he is and how much of of fanboys n girls they are for the old Pokeymans games. Siid. Why would you vote over Ridley? I gotta know. And dont pull the ol' Gypsy Lee rival crap.
Lol, no, not that. Pokemon are really, really cool. Especially Squirtle, he's cute, badass, he's like Pichu 2.0

I don't have any problem with Ridley, but I honestly don't care if he gets in or not. I have no reason to like Ridley as a character. At least PT has said uniqueness to him, and Squirtle was cool in the show too.

You're doing it for the lulz Squirtle, SiD. ADMIT IT. YOU LOVE THE LITTLE AMPHIBIAN.

:laugh:

Smooth Criminal
*In a gay voice* Aw Smooth, you're so preceptive.

Lol, I always like the word "Amphibian" as well.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
*facepalm*

People only like PT for how unique he is and how much of of fanboys n girls they are for the old Pokeymans games. Siid. Why would you vote over Ridley? I gotta know. And dont pull the ol' Gypsy Lee rival crap.
Dude, Red is pretty awesome. I have never played the Metroid series. I've never got hooked into them like the Pokemon games. The games allow you to become part of the game, and develop the trainer like yourself. I just like Pokemon better than Metroid. Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Personally I'm neutral as I don't know squat about these characters. But since Ridley is tough competition, I'll give my vote to Pokemon Trainer, push him up the mountain a little.

Garuda

Smash Ace
*facepalm*

Cuz dis is America, y'all. Freedom of speech.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Lol, no, not that. Pokemon are really, really cool. Especially Squirtle, he's cute, badass, he's like Pichu 2.0

I don't have any problem with Ridley, but I honestly don't care if he gets in or not. I have no reason to like Ridley as a character. At least PT has said uniqueness to him, and Squirtle was cool in the show too.

*In a gay voice* Aw Smooth, you're so preceptive.

Lol, I always like the word "Amphibian" as well.
Well, Squirtle is technically a reptile...but now we're just waxing bull****, aren't we?

Oh, and SiD? For the love of Yourself, please keep that side of you low-key. I don't want people finding us out or anything. Besides, what would your followers think of you if they uncovered such a scandal? It would put the Knights' Templar to shame! :laugh:

Dude, Red is pretty awesome. I have never played the Metroid series. I've never got hooked into them like the Pokemon games. The games allow you to become part of the game, and develop the trainer like yourself. I just like Pokemon better than Metroid. Sorry if it hurts your feelings.
He got you there, Punchline.

I'll go out on a limb and admit that PT has me VERY curious. I'm looking forward to seeing how Charizard (one of my all-time favorite Pokemon, aside from Mewtwo) plays in Brawl. He may be one of my alts if I happen to like him. Who knows?

I opted for Ridley, though, because he just oozes cool. As Zevox said, there's nothing better than a sapient dragon who leads a brigade of Space Pirates with super intelligence and plasma breath.

Smooth Criminal

Levia7han117

Smash Journeyman
I vote for the Pokemon Trainer

As much as I think Ridley would be bad@$$ as a playable character, it seems like he'd be better off as a boss considering his size. Not to mention Sakurai already stated that Bowser was going to be the largest playable character.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Pokemon is on a level of epic not seen since Mario. Its no wonder poor Ridley is getting embarrassed at the polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom