• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
MEWTWO FOR THE WIN! He May not be that great In Melee (actually the worst) but he is a BAMF character with wicked Powers!

Lucario "I Must defeat you with the Power of Aura!"
Mewtwo "Ill rip your head off with my frick'n mind!"

P.S. Donkey Kong Sucks,
-------->Diddy Rules.
He's not the worst in Melee, just the lowest on the tier list.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
What the hell? I go to sleep check the thread today and Bomberman lost on a tiebreaker? I'm sorry but I don't think that's a fair way of deciding a tiebreaker. It just happened that more Dedede fans were online. You should think of another way of solving tiebreakers.

& I vote for DK.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
But we could vote over the whole day. Meaning that people didn't have to be online at a specific time.

For the tiebreaker, you had to be online at that exact moment the original poster announced it and it just happened that there were more Dedede fans online. I just don't think it's a fair way of solving the tiebreaker, but hey that's just my opinion.

/Rant over

SiD

Smash Master
Isnt that pretty much the worst. Lol. Just in other words.
Not at all. The tier list is also based on tournament results. For example, Mewtwo is clearly better than Kirby.

N9somtin said:
For the tiebreaker, you had to be online at that exact moment the original poster announced it and it just happened that there were more Dedede fans online. I just don't think it's a fair way of solving the tiebreaker, but hey that's just my opinion.
But really, it's just as random who's online at that time as, say, flipping a coin. But you wouldn't call that unfair, would you?

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo is a dead pokemon....
He Died in Red, Blue and Yellow,
Was Reborn in Fire Red and whatever
And then killed again.....
Think about how many people like lucario... No one likes mewtwo anymore....

Vote megaman....

PS: i like Mewtwo, I hope he's better in brawl/is in

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
But really, it's just as random who's online at that time as, say, flipping a coin. But you wouldn't call that unfair, would you?
Differences in time zones influence who is online. Flipping a coin would be fairer because there wouldn't be any confounding variables to the outcome if it's a fair coin (the psychologist in me is coming out). Just my thoughts on the tie breaker thing. Let's see what Flying Shooster says.

But anyway yeah it's over now. DK FTW.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
But time zones still influence whether people will be online at that specific time the tiebreaker occurs, influencing the result of the tiebreaker.

The tiebreaker itself is not a fair method...each character could have 2 votes in the tiebreaker and then two people could vote for each character at the exact same second...but one post would appear above the other, influencing the outcome.

This is just my opinion. Let's move on and let Flying Shooster decide.

SiD

Smash Master
No, people can decide to stay on at 12 on the East coast if they expect a tie breaker.

And as for that other thing, one post goes above the other if it's posted first, even if it's only by a split second, it's still first.

And he's obviously already decided.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
No, people can decide to stay on at 12 on the East coast if they expect a tie breaker.
I'm not staying up until 5am just to vote because we're going by East Coast time. I guess Bomberman lost because it's my fault I decided to sleep?

If however I did live on the East Coast maybe I would have been online at the time of the tiebreaker and voted and that would have changed the result. Time zone does influence who is online.

And as for that other thing, one post goes above the other if it's posted first, even if it's only by a split second, it's still first.
If they were posted at the same exact time one would still be listed first changing the result.

And he's obviously already decided.
Well then all my points are worthless lol.

SiD

Smash Master
I'm not staying up until 5am just to vote because we're going by East Coast time. I guess Bomberman lost because it's my fault I decided to sleep?

If however I did live on the East Coast maybe I would have been online at the time of the tiebreaker and voted and that would have changed the result. Time zone does influence who is online.

If they were posted at the same exact time one would still be listed first changing the result.

Well then all my points are worthless lol.
Oh ****, London? Sorry, forgot the internet was a worldwide thing.

But there is still no reason to belive it affects it. I'm sure there were at least three for Bman online too, that by chance didn't check that thread for those few minutes. Seems pretty fair to me.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
But there is still no reason to belive it affects it. I'm sure there were at least three for Bman online too, that by chance didn't check that thread for those few minutes. Seems pretty fair to me.
That's my whole point, the tiebreaker just resembles the votes of those who by chance checked the thread at the time the tiebreaker was happening. It's not a fair, impartial method of choosing the winner.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
remember mm2. great musc, great difficulty, great weapons. vote for megaman.
my vote is megaman for sure.

M

minigunner-d

first of all you are a day early for his round. so vote for megaman.
by the way megaman gets my vote as well.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
first of all you are a day early for his round. so vote for megaman.
by the way megaman gets my vote as well.
This guy signed up for an account, instantly made a vote, and signed right off at the exact minute. He wanted his character to have another vote so much, that he made a new account, and tried to influence the vote of another peroson in his post.

I say this vote shouldn't be counted and some kind of rule should be put in about votes only being counted by people with X amount of posts or a member for X amount of time. Because of people like this, that the voting gets broken.

Last Activity: 7:20, the same time he voted.
Now he signs back on at 7:34, and is currently viewing this character thread.

It's obvious it's a fake.

Edit again:
Confirmed: minigunner-d is hunter-x.

They both switch. When one gets on, the other gets off.
Hunter's sig: well, what else is there too say , other than I WANT MEGAMAN NOW!
gunner's sig: hunter-viles the name. shooting helpless robots with my arm cannon is my game. waiting for megaman confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom